• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy World of Gea: The Greatest Adventure [IC] [CLOSED]

9b0f6d20ce292777311eb77050413900.jpg

Tatum Aurani-Fafner of Abertsleigh

"Ah..."when did it happen? Let me think..." Tate examined his bruised and swollen ankle. "Erm, likely when the spider fell. The shock toppled a branch and, well..."
He looked sheepish. "There were so many that were seriously hurt, i-it didn't seem that important to tend."

Tate pushed himself up onto the log, sitting as he moved his foot gingerly to take off his boot and see the injury in its entirety.
He didn't resist when Nora took up the bandage and began to bind it.

"I suppose I'm still not very good at the whole adventuring thing...thank you."

Once his ankle was bound he replaced the boot and got up slowly, testing the weight on it carefully.
"That should do it, I'll try not to move around much until we break camp."

Thankfully he could sit down on the log to dole out the potion that had been simmering in his cauldron. He spooned it deftly into the little vials he kept, and once that was done he handed the lion's share to another of the healers to distribute.

"Shall we go see what the others are doing? I have to say I'm fairly eager to meet them. Some of them look like seasoned veterans!"
Tate couldn't keep the excitement out of his voice. These people, there were so many that looked precisely like the type he aspired to be.

He began to lead the way, walking with a slight limp, but thanks to Nora's care, the pain was bearable. The scent of cooking came wafting to his nose. Tate knew what it was, he'd seen some of the party harvesting meat from the massive spider. He only had to stray near to the cooking fires to be given a bowl and some food to put into it.
...He'd never eaten spider before. Tate swallowed the slight disgust at the thought, and opted to carry the bowl to a place where he could sit.

Tate chose a small group of what (he thought) looked like very genuine adventurers. A woman warrior and an antlered druid were among them. ( joshuadim joshuadim Breadman Breadman )
"I do hope we're not intruding." Tate began politely.
"I'm from the company of Olivier De Lyonesse, their alchemist actually. My name is Tate. It's a pleasure."

Vexumin Vexumin simj26 simj26

With her spirits having been lifted, Gsera went back to focus on her food as she sat back down next to Sentry, taking an eager chomp at her portion of fried spider. A long day's work did warrant a good meal, and the Hobs had in fact outdone themselves again with such unconventional material at their disposal. When Arvess made his comment about Sentry's ability to cheer people up, Gsera had been chewing on her food and so could only nod in eager agreement to the sentiment. Sentry, despite her stature and combat skillset, was very much able to wield words to the betterment of others. It was inspiring to her, and the druid herself committed to being as good as her friend was in this respect if not better.

When Tate arrived along with Nora, he introduced himself while the druid continued to chew on her food. Her eyes locked onto him as he spoke, her jaw moving until she finally had enough and swallowed down the spider meat. "Hi!" Gsera spoke up with a cheery smile, setting down her plate and standing to meet the man before shaking his hand. "I'm Sera! I work in the back because that's where I work best!" she then said, turning her head to Sentry and giving the woman a thumbs up.

Interacting: Tatum ( SilverFlight SilverFlight ), Sentry ( Breadman Breadman )
Nearby: Arvess ( simj26 simj26 ), Nora ( Vexumin Vexumin )

Nora breathes a sigh. Though she only just met Tate, she had no doubts that he was always like this. The needs of others arising above even his own injuries. How does one not notice a busted ankle for so long. He must be stronger than he thought. Or just so determined that pain doesn't register until he's got nothing else in mind left to worry about.

Once she finished tending to the ankle, she seemed down. She should have worn gloves before doing that. She can't possibly risk him when it comes to her blood. Any touch at all has a chance of bewitching people unintentionally. It wasn't so much like taking a persons free will or enslavement like some would think. In truth, it's more of a parasitical effect on the mind.

For a bewitched individual, the thought of Nora would cause their heartrates to rise. It makes them uncomfortable and hot. If they are particularly weak willed, they may feel that they should do something about the feeling. A feeling that usually brings rise to... internal tension. She has been assaulted by men afflicted by the effect of her blood before, but thankfully she was strong.

None have ever been able to have their way with her, and she'd sooner be dead before someone could manage to claim her.

She blinks, returning to the here and now. Although Tate was wounded, she could tell that he might be getting restless with only her to speak to. She could tell that he was a rather social person. Less like her. She did better in one on one conversations. Being in a group wasn't quite her strong suit.

However, it seemed that she would have no choice in the matter.

"Shall we go see what the others are doing? I have to say I'm fairly eager to meet them. Some of them look like seasoned veterans!"
Tate couldn't keep the excitement out of his voice.

Though she appeared visually resigned to do so, she just nods her head in response. She's gone quiet suddenly. After throwing a hood over her head, she helps Tate get around as best as she could. The help, for the most part, was just allowing him to use her like a crutch of sorts. Since she was only really tall enough that he could place a hand on her shoulder to stable himself.

As they neared a few others, Nora seemed content with making that the extent of her assistance. Once Tate was seated at the group, she turns. Maybe she'd find some food and then retreat. It helps that the druid and the warrior didn't pay much mind to her presence. They were the last people she wanted to displease in the company as they seemed quite beloved by all.

"Yeah... I'm going to go grab something to eat," Nora says in a detached tone, noticeably making no promise to return. Her words seemed to be for everyone in the group and yet no one at all. Just a convenient announcement to excuse herself most likely.

Interacting with: Tatum ( SilverFlight SilverFlight ), Gsera ( joshuadim joshuadim ), Sentry ( Breadman Breadman ), Arvess ( simj26 simj26 )

Last edited:
"Mm," Gsera managed to get out as Nora spoke and began to walk away, horking down another piece of spider quickly before clearing her throat. "Nora! You can sit with me!" Gsera said aloud as she switched her positioned seat to Sentry's other side, so that there was an open spot next to her. The druid patted the area on the wood excitedly and gave Nora a wide grin as an open invitation.

Vexumin Vexumin

The cambion stops as her name is called. She sags a bit. She was not one to outright refuse an offer like that. To sit with a group. She had been effectively locked into obliging. She steps away for a moment to grab some food before she returns. Her cloak was still bound tightly around her and that was likely not to change.

As she approaches the group, she looked between the different faces first. It’s not like she was searching for anything in particular though. She was just running names through her head just in case. The woman with the antlers was the druid of the company. Gsera. The warrior. The strong woman adored by the other members of the company. Sentry. Then there was Tate. She knew plenty about Tate at this point. She would dare to even say that she was comfortable around him.

The only one in the group that was a mystery to her was the hooded and masked one. However, the look that she gave him was both an observing And wary gaze. Perhaps a bit more critical than the looks she gave the others. There was something about him that didn’t sit well with her, not to mention the need to hide their face.

After a moment, she averts her eyes, looking instead to the spot offered by Gsera. She promptly takes a seat, raising a bowl of food made from the spiders meat. She didn’t really mind the contents of the meal. She’s had to eat far worse once upon a time. It was actually a meal that was hard to beat if anything. Spider wasn’t bad, when it was large enough that you could cook it and extract the tender flesh.

“Thank you for the warm welcome,” Nora says, keeping her eyes on her bowl. She makes a smart decision not to act too familiar with anyone in particular. She could still remember when last she tried to joke with members of the company. Didn’t quite end well.

Interacting with: Gsera ( joshuadim joshuadim )

Mentions: Tatum ( SilverFlight SilverFlight ), Sentry ( Breadman Breadman ), Arvess ( simj26 simj26 )

Tate was taken aback, not by Gsera's friendly greeting, he much enjoyed that, but what she had said afterwards. He took a few moments in thought, looking at her and trying to work out the context of her statement...Battle! That was it.

"I do too!" Tate replied happily. "As you can no doubt tell, due to my ah, slightly modest physique." Tate was a beanpole, there was no hiding it, but he had long ago embraced his academic label.

It was clear Nora did not feel comfortable around people, and he felt badly for putting her in this position. It had been careless of him. He offered her a supportive smile as she sat down, sitting beside her but with a good space between them.

"I must ask, Sera, how in the world did your company come to be involved with such a creature?"
Tate gestured to the remains of the giant spider, looming in their eerie ruin.

Vexumin Vexumin simj26 simj26 joshuadim joshuadim Breadman Breadman

Gsera tilted her head and gave a closed-eye smile to Nora as she took her seat to eat, with Tatum joining shortly thereafter, and had now joined the party on this seating arrangement. And when Nora spoke up to give thanks, the druid became even more pleased that the ice was finally broken between them. She hadn't had much opportunity to speak to her in the many days prior, and so now was the moment to make up for lost time.

“Thank you for the warm welcome,”

"My pleasure! We can have the chance to catch up finally," Gsera replied with a grin, "Especially after your acrobatics with the spider... you were flying about gracefully like a falcon!" She meant it as an earnest compliment, as well as a subtle thanks to Nora for helping deal such crippling blows to the beast itself. And when Tatum sat down and asked about the creature, it flowed easily to shift the topic: "Ah... about that. We were travelling on this road here before coming across the webs and spiders in the trees. We sent out a party to investigate any danger, me, Sentry and Nora included, and found the remnants of a... er... performer group?" Gsera then spoke, struggling to find the word that best described the caravan they came across in the woods that had all been devoured.

"...troupe! A circus, yes! That's the word... anyway, we found wagons in the woods covered in webs... and a child in a cage. Chi'sa." Gsera then continued, pointing her finger towards where the red-scaled child was eating, before moving on with her recount: "And from there, a giant spider crashed forward. We ran back out to the open, and we started fighting..."

Gsera rubbed where her wound had been mostly treated and bandaged, shifting uncomfortably in her seat as she remembered being stabbed... remembered the *pain*. "And... well... then I suppose you know the rest."

Interacting: Nora ( Vexumin Vexumin ), Tatum ( SilverFlight SilverFlight )
Nearby: Sentry ( Breadman Breadman ), Arvess ( simj26 simj26 )

This was all going rather strangely already. She wasn't feeling unwelcome. A fact that caused the tenseness of her body to ease up quite a bit. Instead of curling in on her bowl of spider, she had straightened out just a bit and had been looking between Tate and Gsera.

When Tate came closer to sit next to her, she gently swings a foot his way, slightly kicking him in the leg in a well-mannered way. Just to acknowledge that smile on his face. He most certainly picked up on her apprehension when it came to joining the group at first, but things were starting to look up.

As she was looking at Tate, she suddenly heard Gsera speaking to her.

We can have the chance to catch up finally," Gsera replied with a grin, "Especially after your acrobatics with the spider... you were flying about gracefully like a falcon!" She meant it as an earnest compliment, as well as a subtle thanks to Nora for helping deal such crippling blows to the beast itself.

Caught by surprise with the words, she turns to look at Gsera, her eyes growing wide. The surprise was soon replaced with embarrassment. She could feel her face heating up, a light purplish hue spreading across her cheeks in a colorful blush.

"Oh, um... I am just used to using ropes... and climbing things. I'm just happy we took the spider down before it could hurt too many more. I'm still a little shaken from the final blow dealt to it."

Suddenly very bashful, Nora leans in and begins shoveling spider meat into her mouth, chewing it thoroughly. It was clear that she was not used to compliments and she not the kind to be full of herself over such things. She was truthful in the fact that she was glad that more people were not harmed, even though many were lost.

She listened to the story of how the company had encountered the spider and she nods her head along to Gsera's recollection of events.

Interacting with: Gsera ( joshuadim joshuadim ), Tatum ( SilverFlight SilverFlight )

Tate chuckled good-naturedly as Nora kicked him. To his delight, Sera also brought up Nora's skill in handling the monster.
"Aha, you see?" Tate told Nora, happy to rub the compliments in. "I'm not the only one who thinks it was impressive. You cannot deny the evidence of two identical observations." Tate was holding his spoon up like a professor's pointing stick to say it.

He settled back a bit in grim attentiveness as the druid explained their run-in with the beast.
"You mean...Chi'sa was the only survivor? That poor girl, I had no idea."
Suddenly he felt very irresponsible, dragging the girl back to the creature that had brought such a horrible end to people she likely called friends. He had just wanted to prove himself so much...He decided to keep that lesson, and he would be more prudent dragging others into danger next time.

"Do you...fight things like that...regularly?" Tate ventured, a little afraid of the answer.

"Do you...fight things like that...regularly?"

Gsera blinked a few times at Tatum in confusion before she scratched her head to think about it. "Hmm... no? I don't... think so? We did come across some things in the days prior that were big and scary but we didn't fight them. And the road was mostly safe until now..." the druid recounted before her eyes widened as she remembered further back. "But back when we were in Waterham, we *did* fight a Chort. Cultists had broken into the city looking to take Sentry and-" Gsera explained. stopping herself short when she realized that the words had almost slipped from her mouth and she quickly recomposed herself. "And a... ddraig? Apparently, there was one in the city somewhere."

She felt guilty about having to lie up front about this, especially to people she liked, but she couldn't take chances. Not now, and probably not ever. She darted her eyes back to her food as she took another mouthful and chewed on it, seeking to avoid the discomfort of silence.

Interacting: Tatum ( SilverFlight SilverFlight )

Arvess was acutely aware of the eyes that turned his way, boring holes into his mask, as if that would allow them to peer upon his visage. He was used to it. In fact, it puzzled him more that Gsera and Sentry were so accepting of a faceless shadow in their midst. He allowed the eyes to wander, and, perhaps out of reflex, adjusted his cloak, letting it drape further around his body, melting his physical features into one formless black shade. The fact that they had been joined by more people was sheer insistence that he should take his leave.

"You know, it's rude to stare," he said suddenly to Nora, slicing past the man and Sera's conversation. His mask returned the gesture the woman had offered him earlier, the amber 'eyes' gazing emotionlessly into hers. "I know, I know, my dashing good looks have you smitten, but if you have a question, I must insist you ask them. I would be happy to furnish you with answers."

Nora stirs the contents of her bowl, or what remained within that is. She breathes a quiet sigh as the masked man turns his attention upon her. She didn't really want it. Attention from someone that wears a mask is not usually a desired outcome in any situation.

"You know, it's rude to stare," he said suddenly to Nora, slicing past the man and Sera's conversation.

She did not immediately bother with a response, still looking into her bowl. However, still feeling his eyes upon her, she looks in his direction. She wasn't sure what the point of direct confrontation was. It's not like she threw anything at him when she looked at him upon arrival.

"It was only a glance. I was hardly staring," she says, looking towards the ground below her. She seemed less uncomfortable at this point and more guarded. It seems that people hiding their faces had an adverse effect upon the half-succubus assassin.

His mask returned the gesture the woman had offered him earlier, the amber 'eyes' gazing emotionlessly into hers. "I know, I know, my dashing good looks have you smitten, but if you have a question, I must insist you ask them. I would be happy to furnish you with answers."

Nora straightens a bit, turning her head fully to engage in eye contact with the masked individual. Her eyes were half-lidded, speaking to her disinterest in his 'dashing good looks'.

"Not a whole lot to look at with all you've got on. Also, forgive me for saying so, but I'd prefer not to pry into the business of someone who feels the need to hide their identity. Spells trouble for me in the future, I'm sure, if I learned more than I should."

There seemed to be a bit of wisdom behind her words, experience that light was intentionally not cast upon. That seemed to be the extent of her response though, as she turns her head back to where it was before.

Interacting with: Arvess ( simj26 simj26 )

"It's not out of necessity to hide these looks, no." Arvess reached into his hood, and began to fiddle with his mask. "I did say I am a shadow. There is just simply no need to know a shadow's face. But," he sighed and grunted as he fumbled with some things on his mask, "I never really was the kind to leave a woman pouting. Usually, I would save my face for the gal I fancy, but for just this special occasion–" There was a click from the mask, and he removed it gingerly. Under the black and amber false visage was…just a face. He was a fair-skinned man with shaggy, unkempt hair that almost obscured his dark eyes. The shadow cast by his hood still managed to keep some of his features in the dark, but what light was cast on his face revealed that his lips were curled into a slight, wry smile. There was nothing special about him, and if anyone were to try to pick him out of a crowd, they'd have some trouble. He was simply just a man.

He rubbed the stubble on his chin pensively, and turned towards Sentry. "What do you think? Not bad, eh, Ms. Sentry?" The lips curled further into a smirk, before the mask was raised back to his face and replaced with another click.

"I'm sorry if it seemed as if I were attempting to obscure anything." He tipped his head slightly in a look of apology. "I just like the aesthetic," he concluded cheerily.

It wasn't all true. He had nothing to hide, and he chose to be nothing. 'Arvess', the man, was no one. 'Arvess', the blade in the darkness, was something to be feared by his fellow man, and there was nothing they feared more than nothingness itself. At least, that's what he thought. It was a fun theory, and it had proved itself in quite a few cases.

"But excuse my rudeness again. I should have introduced myself. The name's Arvess. No more, but I would certainly like less. Charmed." He tipped his head again.

Nora just hums. She spared a single look towards the mans face, since he was willing to reveal it. She figured humoring him would not be of any consequence. His face was average. It may have even considered above average if all of it could be seen, but it was still rather hidden in a veil of shadow from the hood over his head.

After a moment, she turns her pale, glowing eyes away once more.

“I was not pouting to see your face, Arvess. I do not care about what others might look like. I am just cautious of people that insist on covering their faces.”

She leans her head back a bit to look up into the sky.

”Back home, mad men wore masks, especially when they killed others for their own twisted sport. They have to wear the masks as they hunt, otherwise they would be tracked and killed by soldiers If they were recognized. There was no mercy for the insane. So I’m glad you were willing to take off the mask. Shows you’re not like that.”

Nora shrugs her shoulders, shoveling a bit more of her food into her mouth. She finishes her meal after a moment and places the bowl in hands down by her feet. She runs a thumb across her lips, cleaning a bit of mess from the corners of her mouth. A good meal, that’s what that was. It was a shame that she’d probably never be able to taste it again, because she sure as hell was not going to fight a monster spider like that again. At least, if she could help it.

The cambion yawns a little. It was starting to get late. She had to find somewhere to tuck herself away into sooner or later. Before everywhere worth sleeping was taken.

Interacting with: Arvess ( simj26 simj26 )

"Fascinating." Tate muttered, taking in every word Gsera had to offer. He didn't question any of it, of course, he had no reason to think she would lie.
"You all must have some incredible stories. I would love to hear them at some point. I am thinking of penning my adventures down in a book, once I collect some good ones. This spider battle would make a grand tale already!"

He should have been more frightened, but the exhilaration of not being dead still clung to his mind apparently.

Tate had been a little uneasy about the man wearing the mask, he had just been too polite to bring it up. He was relieved to find the face behind it to be fairly ordinary.
"I suppose many have different reasons for hiding their faces." He spoke to Arvess. "I am grateful for the trust you afforded us, I shall endeavour to be worthy of it."

He turned back to Sera, he felt a sort of kinship with the druid he had yet to describe.
"How did you come to join the company Sera?"

Sentry was deep into the spider meet when they were joined by Tate and Nova. Not being able to greet them in any other way than a slight wave as she chewed off another hunk of meet, she kept going and the conversation continued. She listened intently as they talked and exchanged between themselves. Arvess however decided to show off and dramatically reveal his face.
What do you think? Not bad, eh, Ms. Sentry?
"Ah so you do have a face there." She answered playfully. "I don't think you need to hide your face around us, but I am not gonna tell a man how he does his business. Least of all if its about how he wishes to present himself." She tossed a piece of the spider's exoskeleton that had made its way to her bowl "Would you look better in ornate robes for special occasions I wonder."

A somewhat tense exchanged between Nora and Arvess caused Gsera to look at her food and poke at it with her fork, drowning out the conversation for the time being as to not receive secondhand anxiety as Arvess exchanged the appearance of his face with Nora. Fortunately for her, Tatum was there to break the ice again as he continued their conversation on adventures by asking how she had come to join this group. Gsera raised her head to meet Tatum's gaze for a moment, taking the time to ponder her answer before clearing her throat.

"Well... I left home a few months before coming across the city of Eran. Wandered around for a while before finding the place... I didn't know the language at the time so I just stumbled around, before coming across a poster for this!" Gsera explained with a grin, "Brought myself to the big castle and from there, they used on me a scroll to quickly learn and speak Eranoirian. Which is how I speak to you now!"

She then tilted her head: "How did *you* come across your friends?"

Nearby: Nora ( Vexumin Vexumin ), Sentry ( Breadman Breadman ), Arvess ( simj26 simj26 )

Tate made a mental note to record Sera's story later. The language scroll was of particular interest.

"How did I meet Olivier's company you mean? Well, Olivier's a school friend you could say. He might be a prince, but for some reason he found my company more palatable than the other nobles or royals. We got on quite well. I suppose, if I had to think of a reason it's because I never saw him for what he was, only who he was, and he has done precisely the same for me. I'd always dreamed of adventure, but my parents are...very protective. When I learned that Olivier was leaving on this venture I resolved to go with him."

Tate had his suspicions as to why Olivier was sent out as he was, but that information was for people he knew he could trust. He wanted to trust these adventurers, but time would be his ally in that.

"So, I packed up the most essential alchemical equipment, traded the rest for a good horse and, here I am! We haven't been on the road for more than a handful of days. The worst we'd come across before today were petty highwaymen."

He glanced at Sera curiously. "I must ask Sera, you are a druid correct? What sort of magic can you use?"

"I'd always dreamed of adventure, but my parents are...very protective. When I learned that Olivier was leaving on this venture I resolved to go with him."
Gsera let out a giggle to this remark, as she could see the similarities between the two of them: "I have a feeling my father would like your parents. He is also quite overbearing to me, even though I'm more than capable of making my own decisions." the druid remarked, before Tatum continued with his story. He had not ventured as long on the road as the Company had to far, and this was the most amount of excitement he had already been a part of already with the giant spider and all. Gsera nodded as Tatum spoke of his alchemist supplies, though she was not by any means familiar with the craft whatsoever she still knew the importance of brewing medicines like they did back home.

"I must ask Sera, you are a druid correct? What sort of magic can you use?"
"Yes! I was taught in two different ways: first was by the Tuatha, who taught me how to communicate with the living beings around me and to mend wounds. The second was the storm magic of the Fir Bolg, who chant and dance under the sky to call upon the storm." Gsera explained, her mind wandering back to the early days of her beginnings where she would participate with both groups. She loved both, with how they were kind and knowledgeable and generous to share their teachings with her, and believed that maybe, one day, they would reconcile... but such was a fleeting hope for a future far away. "They stem from different... hmm, how to put it... views? Yes, views of the world." Gsera then continued, "The Fir Bolg worship the chaotic part of nature, hence their mastery of storm. But the Tuatha worship the more peaceful and gentler aspects, hence why their methods are so different. And it has made some wounds between them all the more harder to heal."

"Quite!" Tate agreed on the subject of overbearing parents. "I suppose you father wasn't exactly thrilled to know you fell in with an adventurer's group?"
Tate simply had not told his parents, they would have tried to stop him. He did feel guilty about it though.

Tate listened to Sera's explanation of her magic.
"It's hard to imagine two facets of nature at odds. Nature itself always seems to get on. Still, it must be difficult being in the center of the conflict by nature of your training. I will also hope for their reconciliation."

Tate gazed down at his bowl, as of yet, untouched. "Academics always have their squabbles, but they are wholly inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, and rarely do they ever have to do with larger politics."
Tate sighed. "I do not envy Olivier with all the politics he stands to inherit. Oh no, give me my books and a quiet laboratory and I will be quite well thank you!" He chuckled.

Then Tate thought of another question: "Where did you live that you had the chance to learn such magics?"

"I suppose you father wasn't exactly thrilled to know you fell in with an adventurer's group?"
A nervous chuckle escaped Gsera's mouth as she looked away for a moment: "I... I didn't tell him. I left in the night." she said, rather ashamed to have to bring up such deception. She quickly changed the subject of her words towards Tate's continued inquiries and recounts, as he spoke of Olivier's political difficulties. Gsera was entirely clueless as to what he meant by this, but she nodded her head in agreement nonetheless.

"Where did you live that you had the chance to learn such magics?"
"Aha, well... my home is the Eonach Coillte. Or, as you probably know it, the Emerald Woods. I grew up there," Gsera explained, before realizing she needed to strengthen her backstory to be more believable. "With the Tuatha!" she pointed to her horns atop her head and grinned. "I am one of them."

"Ah! I see, well that makes sense." Tate smiled, and he didn't press further.
He leaned in conspiratorially: "To tell you the truth I didn't tell my parents I left either. They'll be absolutely furious if and when they find me I suppose."
He was not looking forward to that day, and yet for all his trying to get away from it, he missed his home, and his parents.

Tate glanced up at the sky in thought.
"What do you miss most...about home?"

"What do you miss most...about home?"
Gsera was quiet for a moment as she looked up to the sky. She pondered this as she drifted to memories of home that she remembered so vividly. Just over a century she had already lived, and she knew her home well enough that she could recall some of the most minute of details. It wasn't out of sorrow, but rather joy that she recalled them: "The mosses under my feet. The roots of ancient oaks and trees to climb and pass through. The rivers and streams that flowed like the lifeblood of the forest itself. The animals and critters of all kinds. The cottage I grew up in... the smells of ointments and salts my father procured. The wooden boards and the warmth of the fireplace. The cool breeze that drifts gently through the verdant canopy, and brings falling leaves down to the floor... to sit under the night sky and watch the stars in their beauty with my friends among the Tuatha..."

The druid quickly realized she was rambling as she shook her head and laughed: "What do I miss most about home? I suppose... everything, really. It was all I've ever known until I journeyed outwards."

Nora stands after a few moments of just sitting around. She breathes a sigh, knowing that she must have made things awkward. She just had issues with face coverings. Shouldn’t have made it everyone else’s problem. Things were so calm at first.

“Ugh. I just have to get all tense,” she says to herself quietly.

She reaches down to grab her bowl and then stretches.

“Sorry for the conversation killer I dropped there. I’m just going to go and get some sleep. You all have fun without me.“

Before anyone could really stop her, she had already walked off, placing her bowl with other dishes and then moving off towards the rest of the caravan. It was best that she just end the night. She was tired. More so than normal too. Fighting a big spider, nearly getting riddled with holes. Fun times.

It takes her a little while to find her pack and all of her belongings. There wasn’t much that was left of what she brought with her. She had to sell off a lot of her stuff for cheap in order to keep up with the others after she nearly got herself left behind at that town a while back. At least she still had all of her important keepsakes and items. One particular item that she grabs was certainly special to her.

It was a small music box. A childhood item that was gifted to her by her late father. It was just a silly item, but it was a source of music that she grew to love. Once the rest of her things were tucked away, she dipped into the night, enough away from the rest of the group that she would not disturb anyones sleep with the sound.

When she finds a spot, the cloak slips off her shoulders and she sits down, crossing her legs as she carefully turns the key of the box. In moments it begins to emit a soft, sweet melody. A lovely, soothing song that plays as she stares into the starlight above.

Interacting with: Arvess ( simj26 simj26 ), Gsera ( joshuadim joshuadim ), Tatum ( SilverFlight SilverFlight ), Sentry ( Breadman Breadman )

Tate closed his eyes as he tried to picture it.
"It sounds wonderful." He admitted. "Somehow hearing another remember their home, makes me miss my own a little less."

He let the silence stretch out a little before he spoke again.
"I miss my library, the smell of old pages and leather. I miss my reading place by the window, that poured sunlight and looked out onto the gardens. I miss the tea my mother blended herself. You know, I have all the leaves, but I can never get it quite right..."

He heard Nora get up and turned in surprise as she began to leave.
"Nora, wait, please don't go." But she had already left. Tate rubbed the back of his neck.
"I feel like I pushed her to come sit down with us..." He admitted guiltily to Sera and the others. "Perhaps...I should go speak to her?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back