• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy World of Gea: The Greatest Adventure [IC] [CLOSED]

Like that, the weight burdening her had been lifted. Her body immediately looks like it's lightened up. The energy was filling her legs and up to her arms once more. Now that her arms were freed, she takes a moment to clear the sweat from her brow before she rises up fully. She looks to Petro for a brief moment before flinging her hood down. There upon the top of her head were the remnants of the horns that once jut from her skull. Two stumps that rose from her raven black hair. She takes a second to run her fingers through the mess of black strands before he brings the hood back up and over her, once again partially hiding what she was.

"Well, it's nice to meet someone so valiant and honorable. You remind me of the stories my master used to read to me. Stories of heroes who'd do good for all they crossed." Nora had a nervous smile across her face, clearly a bit in awe of walking beside a strong and noble individual. "Well, you have my thanks, sir. My name is Noradriia Besile, but I prefer just to be called Nora. Your kind gesture is more than appreciated."

Interacting with: Emperor Sagan Emperor Sagan

As the company continued to march through the woods and copses surrounding the Parelmeer, the more talkative the company became. Warriors talked of their experiences in Waterham, others simply chat about whatever topic they have in their mind. Alberto took a mental note of everyone having a conversation, it's always useful to remember who got along with who, that way they can be assigned to tasks together without worrying about them killing each other in the middle of the woods. He saw Petro, Sera and Sentry talk for a moment, before Sera was pulled away Kastalli, who wanted to have a private conversation away from the prying ears of some of the company. Based on Kastalli's expression, the old knight figured out rather quickly what she wanted to talk about, or at least, he knew one of the topics, he figured that at some point during the camp he should have a conversation with her. He then noticed how the strange witch from the North had a conversation with Sentry while the other newest member of the company, Nora, had an amicable talk with Petrocles. It's a good thing these new members were getting along with the rest of the company.

Meanwhile, Cécilia was a bit more worried as she looked down at the map on her hands. She noticed that Devereaux was hanging around the back of the company. Having just left Waterham, she feared what would be the reaction of the company if she told them of Devereaux state. Vampyrs are hated and feared by the common and religious masses and most of her company consisted of commoners, many of them wearing beads with the symbol of Gaia, others had tattoos or amulets of the Cult of Gods, neither church like Vampyr. As she's deep in her thoughts, something touched her cheek, forcing her to snap back to reality. It was the Fae dragon she summons to help her cartography efforts. "...Sorry, I was getting too distracted, wasn't I?" She said, knowing well that the little creature couldn't answer her. "Let's get back to work shall we?"

Syllannan said:
"So, Cassandra, are you excited? I sure was when I walked out of my homeland for the first time... Even if it wasn't exactly because of the best reasons"

While Syll tried to have a bit of a chit-chat with the Hob scholar, the young Cassandra was knee-deep in her strange studies inside her wagon. She did acknowledge him by sticking her head out of the wagon cloth to look at Syll. "Very excited!" she said before getting back into the wagon, the young half-Elf had other questions in mind but decided to let the young scholar work in her strange crafts. He had other companions to talk to luckily, and the day was still young.

"Come on lads, let's start another song before I jump into the lake out of boredom!" shouted one of the older warriors while cleaning her sword in one of the wagons. As if they were waiting to be given the opportunity, various adventurers throughout the marching company started to sing The Adventurer's March, one of the most popular songs in the company and certainly a nice song to pass the time in the long journey to Riverham.

Carrying my blade, climbing the mountain​
Iron and steel is everything I carry
Walking on a stretched path, sun hitting my chest
Attached on my back, the loot arrives home

Breathe deep, adventurer!
Gaia blesses you with good health!

Searching for relics, forgotten and ancient
That the land gives, wanting it to be discovered
The wind greets me, a raven flies by
good omen, kill my bad thoughts

Gaia blesses you with good health!

Swing and hack, truest of reliefs
In every swing the blade speaks its mantra
The voices of the ruins begin to sing
Take our relics, save our legacy

Gaia blesses you with good health!​

Fosfoiden fosfoiden! Dats yuri yuri foiden!
Fosfoiden fosfoiden! Dats yuri yuri foiden!​

• Random Marching Event: 1d20 = 4 | Player Roll: 1d11 = 4 (Sentry)

• The Yatuski Aunt •

The company had grown in numbers since the day they have departed from the grand city of Eran, and while it hasn't been a while since that day, many feared that taking new people would disturb the bonds created during the march to Waterham. This was not the case, however, people remained talkative with one another and received well the newest additions from Waterham. This facilitated the creation of stronger bonds between the varied members of the company. Even if they were not part of Alberto's leading team, many members still found time to talk and interact with the likes of Syll, Sera, Deveraux and the like, but lately, many members of the company had become fond of Sentry. Often asking the ancient warrior various questions about fighting, smithing, tattoos and runes. She had become some sort of aunt-like figure for some of younger adventurers in the company and of course, she had a couple of men who were interested in her in other ways as well, not that she minded such type of attention anyways.

Despite not being friends with every single member of the company, Sentry had grown a bond with many of the warriors, rogues, archers and mages of the company - Sentry gains a new trait:

Aunt Sentry: She now feels more compelled to protect company. In return, she gains +2 HP when fighting alongside the company.

Caravan.png

• Several hours later... •

Camp Morning.png

After hours of marching through the pitted cobble roads around the Parelmeer, the new day was reaching it's inevitable end. Alberto ordered the strongest among the company to start preparing the camp, starting with Cécilia's tent so she can start working immediately. Petrocles, Dakarai and Sentry alongside a few others set up the tents while Syllannan, Abasi and Sera dragged the supplies out of the wagons. "Alright lads and lasses, relax! We marched for a good while today, I bet your feet hurt after all that walking, so sit down by the fire and let the master Hobs handle the cooking." shouted Alberto as the various members of the company celebrated, they began to remove their armor and put on their casual clothing. After making sure all preparations were set, the old knight called for his fellow knights. "Where are these two? I swear, if Waylond is talking to those Cambion sisters again..." he murmured as he looked around for his fellow knight, but he noticed someone else, standing near the cooking pot, it was Kastalli. She lifted her gaze to look at the source of the "clanking" approaching her and smiled when she noticed it was Ser Alberto. "Buenas tardes." said Alberto. "It means good evening in my language." he added with a friendly smile. "You are helping the Hobs cook or are you just helping them with other things?" he asked, curious at what the half-Rakshasa was doing.

Meanwhile, a loud shout can be heard from inside a tent. "SENTRY!" It was Cassandra, who didn't even try to bother to leave the tent to look for Sentry. After a minute of constant shouting, Sentry entered the little scholars tent. It was full of books laying on top of each other on the ground. "There you are! Sit down please!" she said before looking around her pile of books. "So! Tell me what you remember thus far..." she said while still rummaging through her books. "Because... I believe I have a few ways to help you regain your memories, however... I also might have a few bad news for you." She added as she pulled a large book from behind the pile. She blows some dust off of it before looking at Sentry with a massive grin on her face.

As Petro sat down to relax after being told to set up the tents, he heard the familiar voice of Paulin as he looked for him. "Oh, there you are Petro!" said Paulin, who had been marching behind the Minotavur for most of the day without saying a thing after his conversation with Gsera early in the morning. "H-hey... uhm... I was wondering if I... Nevermind, c-can I sit next to you?" He asked while looking at the floor next to the bull man. "Y-you know... marching next to the Parelmeer might not be the most exiting thing ever, but the view of the lake is beautiful from h-here, don't you agree?" he said as his eyes slowly drifted away to look at the beautiful lake in the distance.

"PLAY ANOTHER!" shouted a company rogue as Devereaux played with his lute alongside the Cambion sisters while Abasi danced to the beat, everyone else was sitting by the bonfire, waiting for the Hobs to be done with their cooking. Syllannan was currently sharpening his axe while also studying the rune on it. Calocis sat away from most, looking into the night sky in utter silence, he knew there were various company members talking behind his back, mentioning the fact that he was looking at the stars like a pariah, not that he cared what a bunch of heathens might think of him... right? Khorzev sat on a log, looking rather peaceful until a young adventurer bumped into him, spilling his beer on the old frog - after beating the young man with his staff and taking away his drink, the old shaman was now drinking peacefully. In front of the bonfire was Anija, looking at the embers emerging from the fire, thinking of the ancient myths of spirits leaving Gea through the ambers of a fire, the sight of the near lake and the nature around her made the witch feel comfortable. Meanwhile Noradriia still felt like a stranger in the company, sat near the fire, looking at it while wondering who she could even approach to right now. Near to the young Cambion was Gsera, who was just done from having a nice little chat with Dakarai, the young druid was ready to head to the kitchen tent and help Kastalli cook but noticed that her friend was busy with Alberto, what could they be talking about?

While the rest continue to socialize by the campfire, Gawain walked through the campsite, as usual, annoyed by the voice haunting his mind. "We've wasted enough time, don't you think? Mademoiselle Delafousse promised you answers, it's time you go get them." said Edgar with a rather dark tone. "It's time to learn why she wears that amulet of hers, one of my most interesting creations, hehehe." he added. As annoying as Edgar can be, he was right, it was time for Gawain to talk with Cécilia and get the answers he seeks. Once he stood in front of Cécilia's tent, he asked for her. "Come in, monsieur Epharim." She said rather coldly. When Gawain opened the tent's door, he was welcomed by Cécilia's uninviting look. She was apparently playing with Grunde before Gawain had appeared. "You wish to know about my amulet... and I assume that monsieur Vatrine still hasn't said a thing... right?" she asks before putting Grunde's jar away. "What do you need to know, Gawain? You believe you can find this... creature you are looking for through me?" She asked with both frustration and a bit curiosity on her voice.

Ever since the incident that had changed him, the now-undead wizard was starting to notate each and every positive that he could discover with this new state of being. The most obvious traits such as not having to eat or sleep could be considered double-edged swords, as there are pleasant qualities to both necessities. Yet minor annoyances such as having to comb his hair or rest his eyes after prolonged reading sessions were completely eradicated. As they trekked through the wilderness he filed the lack of soreness in his limbs from the long journey as a net positive, compiled into that mental list he was composing that would likely never see publication.

As people began to break off into their groups in the camp, he acknowledged Edgar with a begrudging flick of his wrist near his head. You really are an annoyance. You created the trinket, and thus likely have every detail down to its exact specifications. Yet you would rather me harass the poor woman in the evening instead of disclosing the information that's relevant. Gawain's voice echoed in his own mind for the lich to hear, tone flat and exhausted despite his insult.

Once invited inside he politely bowed his head low enough to obscure his skeletal features beneath his hood, soon rising up as he crosses his arms over his chest. "Edgar is not exactly forthwith when it comes to disclosing valuable and relevant information. He would prefer for me to hassle you over it rather than just tell me what I need to know," he indicates with a nonplussed shrug of his shoulders. "I cannot give you the specifics of what I need to know of your amulet and your condition, but I do know that I can find the being I seek through dreams. That and it is obviously very much not of this realm, this... layer of existence." A few fingers unwrap from a bicep to gesticulate the vastness of such a concept, an ironically small gesture for something so immense.

"How is your amulet a piece to this confounding puzzle? I very much would like to know."

Last edited:
Speaking with Sera had certainly calmed her down about her current situation. There was no doubt in her mind that her late husband would want her to be happy. She knew that for sure, yet she continued walking in silence, distracted by the torrent of thoughts that coursed through her mind.

Eventually, the sun was starting to set which indicated a good time for the company to pause their march and set up camp. She had been completely distracted by her thoughts that she hardly noticed the other members setting up camp around her. Only when she heard the clanking of armor nearby did her ears twitch and her gaze shifted upwards. “God kveld,” she responded to Ser Alberto in her native tongue. It was always nice to hear the different languages that the other company members spoke.

"You are helping the Hobs cook or are you just helping them with other things?"

At his question, Kastalli raised a slight eyebrow before looking around her surroundings. “Ah, neither. I suppose I found myself distracted for a bit.” She replied sheepishly, her tail lowering in embarrassment. “Is there anything you need me to do?”

The hours passed and the company marched on with heightened spirits. The bards sand their songs, while Waylond's horse rode ahead with Sentry sticking in the middle. A lot of the company's men and women were feeling chatty, so they came to request advice and some were brave or dumb enough for...something else. Lucky her dwarf wasn't nearby, less someone would have ended with a shattered knee on the road. Eventually the sun set and they would have to make camp. Before they could rest however, there was some matter of business everyone had to do.

Waylond and Pot were not far off from Alberto, just having returned to the camp. The knight didn't doubt the old champion's abilities, but it couldn't hurt to have someone to scout the perimeter for any threats. The coast was clear for now, so they returned in high spirits. The duo dismounted and began to lead the horses further to where Alberto was calling them from earlier. Didn't take long to see where the senior knight was and who he was talking to.

"Ser Alberto, lady Kastalli." The chivalrous knight greeted them both with a slight bow of his head. Pot followed along as is protocol.

Meanwhile Sentry was setting down another heavy sack filled with some mystery that the hobs were carrying with them. Judging by the weight, the contents was either onions, apples or potatoes. The barbarian was about to reach in and find out when Cassandra started shouting like a madwoman for her.

"Cass, I'm almost done!" She shouted back. A bit frustrated, she walked to the tent in a hurry "Im here, Im here. If you keep it up, you're going to tear your own throat out, lass."

There you are! Sit down please!... So! Tell me what you remember thus far...Because... I believe I have a few ways to help you regain your memories, however... I also might have a few bad news for you.
"What I remember?" Sentry pondered for a moment. "I remember half my life. Who I was before Cadmus took me in. I have separate moments that shine while in his service. They all have something to do with the runes that are on me. The new ones that is." She pointed Cassandra's attention to the fresh runes that had formed on her body "I remember each one and the adventure that came with it now. But others are still missing." She paused again "Then I remember the last adventure we had. The war that followed with the minotavri and Cadmus losing his life to them." Her mood soured as she recalled the longest part of her life "I remember the tomb. What it looks like and how it feels like to stay in the cold passage day and night. Fighting grave robbers and defilers in my station while the stench of their predecessors unfortunate end still fills the air. It wasn't a glorious or beautiful charge, but an important one non the less. But I can't remember where it is." She was silent again, but smiled gently towards Cassandra "Whatever bad news you have for me little lass, I am prepared for."

Anija's eyes flicked back and forth, watching every ember that fluttered out from the roaring bonfire. Despite the noise and ruckus of so many people bustling in the camp, Anija was unable to take her eyes away from the flames. The world seemed to grow quieter, and her ears began to fill with the sound of crackling wood...and soft whispers. Something pricked her in the back of her mind. She noticed that familiar feeling begin to creep its way into her senses like a morning fog. Her eyes narrowed, peering deeper into the fire. She felt her muscles begin to tense up.

"Can you...hear me." came the Voice. Soft spoken and tender, the Voice seemed to carry itself on the very flames she stared at.

She flinched, caught off guard. "Yes." she spoke under her breath, as quietly as possible, hoping nobody would notice.

"Good...work...follow them still." it said. The gentle, almost maternal tone of the Voice did its best to keep Anija calm, but the sheer number of people in the camp made Anija anxious. "Quest...continues ahead...find me in the trees..."

As if being rousted out of a dream, every sound, smell and sensation of the camp came rushing back to her at once. Taken completely by surprise, Anija gasped loudly, nearly leaping from her seat.

It had been quite a long time since he enjoyed a drink, eyes closed and his usual smile. Even if the opportunity to enjoy one had come rather, unexpectedly, Korzhev tried not to be to hard on the clumsy adventurer. His leg being met by his staff and sacrificing what was left of the drink that was not staining his clothes was enough of a punishment. He opened one eye and spoke to him:

“Now, son I believe you can go recover your drink yourself, yes? Go on now!” he held the mug that was formerly the unlucky fellow’s, before shooing him away.

Seemingly unperturbed by the stains of his clothes, Korzhev retreated into something of a meditative state, mulling over the events of the past few days. That caravan had left them with some rather intriguing fellows on their hands, which they were to treat as fellow company members from then on, which in his eyes, perhaps did not need to be said anymore. The newcomers seemed to fit the landscape as if they had always been apart of their assembly. Even Calocis, which he snuck a quick look at as his name crossed his mind, before shutting his eye back. He was of a darker nature than the rest, yet the old man did not doubt that the good was missing from him. He still had to wonder how deeply the young man buried it, beneath that brooding nature.

His mind was running off on a tangent, but he willed it to return back to the present, the march, the boredom that had set in after he was done replenishing his supply of plants. It had been quite nice to listen in on the member’s chatter and overhear the occasional gossip, but it was soon enough that Korzhev became incredibly bored of marching. When they finally set camp he was more than happy to help set it up wherever he could.

Now, sitting next to the bonfire, he was studying his fellow adventurers in an attempt to alleviate his boredom once more. This time his thoughts were directed towards Noradriia, the little lady which he could not quite read. He made a note to speak to her, once he came across an interesting enough subject.

Then there was the witch, Anija. Korzhev found that he appreciated her determination and patience to teach that Kobold fellow about magic. Yet she was another elusive member of their company, which he hoped to learn more about, especially since she seemed to be more appreciative of the type of magic that he himself practiced.

He noticed her staring blankly into the flames of the bonfire. Before he could say anything, he’d heard her gasp, so he moved from his log, the stolen mug now forgotten, and emptied. Korzhev had to wonder whether the girl was wary of fire, or even if maybe, there was something troubling their campfire reminded her to think of?

“Good evening, dear! Be careful not to fall face first into the fire, will you? You look your best when your entire face is pristine and not with a face marred by burns! Is there maybe something bothering you, miss? Bonfires are only mean to the wood that they burn after all!”

Gawain said:
"Edgar is not exactly forthwith when it comes to disclosing valuable and relevant information. He would prefer for me to hassle you over it rather than just tell me what I need to know."

Cécilia rolls her eyes, sighing heavily in frustration. She knew Edgar was far from being a friend of hers but she expected the old lich to respect her wishes of privacy. "Vieux bâtard ratatiné... As expected of the old Lich, he probably just wants to hear me talk wonders of this amulet." she said while her gaze slowly drifted away, but her head snapped back to look at Gawain when the wizened laughter of a man could be heard coming from Gawain. "Hehehe... Wizened old bastard? That's no way to speak to your elders, young woman." Gawain looked his pocket and pulled the gem that was given to him by Edgar in Eran, he knew that this gem was connected to Edgar's mind somehow but this was the first time he heard Edgar's voice outside his mind. "We had a deal, monsieur Vatrine, my condition is meant to be secret." said the scholar while looking at the enchanted Ruby resting on Gawain's pale hand. "...and I kept the secret, mademoiselle Delafousse, but can I hide such useful bit of information from a fellow academic such as monsieur Epharim?"

"Then why didn't you just tell him about the amulet so we could avoid this... uncomfortable meeting?"
she asked with a clearly annoyed tone in her voice. "Well, you were correct, madame! I want to hear you sing the praises of my little creation." responded the lich through his gem. "What do you even get from this?" she asked back, confused. "Do you just want me to stroke your ego? I thought you had half the Imperial Academy of Magic in Eran doing that already." she stated while rolling her eyes, getting tired of the Lich's antics. "Half the academy? The whole academy continues to exist because of me, madame. The wizards of old are long gone, with the exception of me... and Gawain here." he said, annoying Cécilia further. "You are not the Archmage, Vatrine." she stated while looking back at Gawain, who probably shared her frustration. "Because the Emperor knows that putting a flying skull in such position would only cause rage upon the superstitious masses of Eran, madame."

"Enough of this... what do you want?"
she asked while rubbing her eyes. "A reminder that my trinket is a marvel of modern enchanting is nice, yes, but also I am curious... Gawain's situation is rather unique and I believe that if he hears from you what the trinket does it'll help him a bit more." Cécilia closed her eyes, taking a deep breath before slowly opening them, looking into Gawain's empty eye sockets.

Gawain said:
"I cannot give you the specifics of what I need to know of your amulet and your condition, but I do know that I can find the being I seek through dreams. That and it is obviously very much not of this realm, this... layer of existence - How is your amulet a piece to this confounding puzzle? I very much would like to know."

Cécilia remained quiet for a minute, thinking to herself before speaking. "Very well... then let me tell you about my family, monsieur." She said while fidgeting with her amulet. "I am a third generation Membele-Eranoirian. My grandmother arrived to Eranoire with the Ivory trade from Niilerailẹ, a Kingdom you probably know nothing about, she ended in Eran escaping her "destiny", sort to speak, she met my grandfather, Sir Claude Delafousse and got married to him and both raised a young and gifted little, my mother, who had inherited my grandmothers "destiny" as well - then my mother met a young, Membele trader and they had a daughter... Me, who also inherited their destiny." Gawain watched as Cécilia took the amulet off, resting it on the table. "...both my mother and grandmother went insane at some point of their lives because they didn't know how to fully fight against this destiny of theirs... and this amulet prevents me from suffering the fate. It kills my dreams, Gawain, it prevents me to see these things..."

"They were Alalas, I am an Alala... I am a Dreamer."
she said while looking away. "I can see the past, the present and the future... I can see glimpses of other distant realms through my dreams... and I have seen things that I could only describe as divine... things I am not supposed to see." Cécilia sighs as she looks at the amulet resting on the table. "You might think that such an ability would grant me great insight in my scholarly pursuits, but it does not, it's a curse."

Kastalli said:
"Ah, neither. I suppose I found myself distracted for a bit."

"Oy, if ya wanna help we ain't going to say ney, lass!" said a lady Hob warrior who was currently cutting the meat. "'tis nice to have someone helpin' considerin' ya lot only have big tables, it's hard to reach 'em!" she said before taking the meat to the cauldron. "Even when you are distracted you are helping people around here." said the old knight as Kastalli put what she was doing away to look at the elderly noble who ready to speak to her again. "Kastalli... early today I n-"

Ser Waylond said:
Ser Alberto, lady Kastalli.

Alberto looked at Waylond, giving the young knight and his squire a friendly smile. "Ah, I was looking for you two, I assume you went ahead and scouted around with out me, eh?" He gently patted Waylond's shoulder. "Hehe, no harm done! I hope it went smoothly my friends. Later I'll need your help later removing this armor, but for now, could you give us some privacy? I need to have a conversation with lady Kastalli." Waylond gave Pot a curious look while the squire looked uninterested, but both gave the knight and the bard a courteous bow before walking away.

Kastalli said:
"Is there anything you need me to do?"

"Not at all my dear girl." He said while looking at his surroundings, nobody was close by to eavesdrop. "I saw you talking with Sera, away from the group and I noticed that you looked a bit upset... is it because of what had happened in Waterham? With that sailor that was looking for you?" He asked with a soft and caring tone, but he knew the real reason why she was upset, he could see it on her face right now. Kastalli saw how Alberto's face softened a bit. "Or are you upset because of... your husband?" Alberto could see Kastalli's ears go down as he finished his question. "I know I might be making a wild assumption my girl but the look in your eyes, I know it too well. Whatever the reason it might be, you know you can talk with me, I know I might not be from your culture and your homeland but at my I know a few things, specially about... losing someone you love." he added while resting a hand on the young widows shoulder.

Sentry said:
"I'm here, I'm here. If you keep it up, you're going to tear your own throat out, lass."

"Hob vocal cords are more resistant than humans according to Biologia Non Homines." she said as she looked into the book she had grabbed, while it might look like she was ignoring Sentry, Cassandra was actually taking note of everything she was telling her. "Hmm... You do seem to remember quite a lot about your history! Hey, don't worry, we will find this place together!" she said while flipping through the pages of her book. "So, you've said that you remember more and more by touching the runes yes? There's an answer there... OH! Before that, Here's an interesting thing about Runeseekers... here, what do you see here?" Cassandra showed Sentry a page of her book, of course Sentry didn't know how to read but she recognized a few symbols drawn on the pages. "Want to hear something funny? I guarantee you that you never seen these symbols before, but you know what they are, because they are runes of other civilizations, isn't that fascinating!? Wait... sorry I am changing the subject and not being very helpful, sorry... where was I?"

She caressed her chin for a moment. "Ah yes! You've been exposed to the Runes of Darkness and Thunder, right? Because of that huge spell you've helped with in Waterham." Cassandra looks back into her book, walking rather hastily around Sentry. "Hmm... my suggestion is for you to be exposed to the elemental powers out there, Fire, Water, Air, Thunder, Earth, Blood, Magia, Dark and Light."

Sentry said:
"Whatever bad news you have for me little lass, I am prepared for."

Cassandra then closes her book and carefully puts it away before giving a Sentry a frustrated look. "Here's the bad news, you cannot just put your hand on a fire, look into it's Rune and just learn it from there... you need to be surrounded by a powerful rune like the ones that Sera and Calocis had summoned when they were killing the Chort... of course I'm not going to ask you stand still when a Drake is spitting Dragon Fire on you but... you need to be exposed the strongest elements the Plane has to offer you! That's the only way you can recover your memories... that or..." Cassandra produced an apple from her cloak. "You could just look for a powerful wizard but most wizards are heavily regulated or hidden away in a tower somewhere... and I'm not talking Gawain-powerful, I mean... legendary-type wizard, like Ido ben Grabras the Time-Keeper or Baba Marusya levels of power."

As an esteemed scholar Gawain was quite familiar with the sensation of being correct about a hunch, though it was not always a pleasant feeling to be right. This was evident when he knew exactly why Edgar arranged this farcical meeting when he could have just told him these details himself. For that reason he kept silent in his exasperation as both Edgar and Cécilia had their back and forth, sharing much of the sentiments the womanly scholar held.

Despite the lich being so insufferable, when it came time for her to disclose her condition and past the skeletal mage cupped his bony chin with his thumb and forefinger. He continued to be silent throughout, yet his mind was already working out the logic that Edgar was likely wanting him to go off of with this information. "Hrm..." he emitted, starting to nod his head slowly.

"Yet Edgar seems to keep mentioning how the amulet is a potential solution to my problem, not your dreams of divination themselves. Is it possible that the amulet not only suppresses dreams but could enhance them as well?" he suggests as he looks down to the gem. "I ask because the only possible relevance you and the trinket could have beyond that is if I were to ask you to forego such protection and dream of the being I seek, which would be utterly mad and inconsiderate. A glimpse of this... Watcher, disintegrated the flesh from my face. To invite the mere image of the creature into your mind? I think you may end up lucky to only share a similar fate of the mistresses of your family, and I mean no disrespect in saying such." Gawain shakes his head from side to side.

"To suggest that you should also just... take off the amulet and just hope that whatever dreams you find are relevant to my studies is equally mad. It would be foolish to attempt something like that."

Last edited:
Nora stared into the fire as she listened to the conversation around her. The chatter of friends and allies, but here she was, her only conversation one sided, her thoughts against the crackling of ignited wood. She rests her chin upon a hand as she continued to think, feeding into this loneliness of hers. After a moment though, her mind catches the music. Yes, music! She loved music. Dancing. She loved dancing. She didn't have to talk to people to have fun. She had what she loved.

Standing from the fire, she approaches the sound of music, finding Deveraux and the cambion sisters. The tune carried her and she felt like she sat upon a cloud as she gently made her way to such pleasing tunes. When she drew nearer, her feet tapped along the ground until she sprang into dance. Her movements were something else. Mystifying, demanding the eyes of others, but she did not dance for others in this moment. She danced for herself. In the name and spirit of fun, she would dance, whether it was welcome or not.

In the light of the campfire, her dancing joined with the breeze of nature as it draws back her hood, but she does not notice. Her raven black hair frees itself from under her tunic as it flows down her back. The stubs of two horns cut free from their pointed state jut slightly from her dark hair. Her head lulls back as she feels the air around her, her smile turning to a grin, slightly sharper canines flashing in the dim light. Twirling and twirling, she felt like she could dance for hours, but the song would have to end eventually.

Sentry was silent when Cassandra explained how the runes worked. According to her at least. If what she said was true, then the barbarian was going to have to brave many dangers if she hoped to remember things in full. The alternative was also there, but finding someone more powerful than Gawain? Where would such a spellcaster even be? More importantly would they even bother with her? And could she trust them?

"If it were easy, then I'd be already there, wouldn't I?" Sentry said with a cynical smile and gave Cass a look "There is another part to it. I also absorbed a blood rune by holding the blade it was etched on if you remember. I assume if we find something like that again, I can take advantage?"

Outside the tent, the bardic trio were winding down yet another song. Olga looked to her sisters as they pondered what to play next. The cambion brought up three fingers, to which Holga shook her head. Then four fingers, which was met with disapproval from Volga. Olga tapped her upper like with her finger to help her think. She was going to lose the crowd if she dilly dallied too long. Finally she brought up the full 5 fingers, to which her sisters nodded enthusiastically. It was a song they learned from a group of priests that had crossed their path not too long ago. A song with a taste of melancholy, but would hopefully spur some into actions they wont regret.

You'll soon be hearing the chime
Close to midnight
If I could turn back the time
I'd make all right

How could it end like this?
There's a sting in the way you kiss me
Something within your eyes
Said it could be the last time
'Fore it's over!

Just wanna be
Wanna bewitch you in the moonlight
Just wanna be
I wanna bewitch you all night

It keeps on giving me chills
But I know now

I feel the closer we get
To the last vow

I don't wanna end like this (Like this, yeah)
But the sting in the way you kiss me (I'm loving it)
Something within your eyes
Said it could be the last time
'Fore it's over!

Just wanna be

Just wanna be

Just wanna be
I wanna bewitch you one last time with me tonight

Just wanna be
Just wanna be

Just wanna be

Wanna bewitch you all right
Just wanna be

Just wanna be
All riiiiiight!

"Ser Alberto, lady Kastalli."
“Hello Waylond,” she dipped her head slightly in acknowledgment to Waylond and Pot as they approached. She didn’t mind their company at all but Ser Alberto was rather quick to turn them around. Her tail twitched slightly out of curiosity as he explained he wanted to have a conversation with her in private. Kastalli offered a small wave to Waylond and Pot as they were shooed away.
"I saw you talking with Sera, away from the group and I noticed that you looked a bit upset... is it because of what had happened in Waterham? With that sailor that was looking for you?"
She turned her attention back to Ser Alberto as he started to speak. He noted about his observation earlier, specifically when Kastalli had pulled Sera aside to talk. The sailor from Waterham was partially at fault for her current state of mind. They were first insensitive to the fact she was a widow and then didn’t respect her decision to not go back to her homeland to be married off. Furthermore, she felt mildly weak for almost dying to the sailor that came after her. She constantly thought it over, of the possibilities that could have been if she had requested Syllannan or Waylond’s help. Maybe she wouldn’t feel the phantom pain of the injuries she sustained that night.
"Or are you upset because of... your husband?"
Her eyes widened slightly but her expression quickly shifted to that of sorrow with her ears flattening as a clear indication that Ser Alberto was right. She lowered her head, her gaze resting on the ground beneath as she listened to the old man speak. Was it that obvious she was in pain? Did everyone in the company know? Kastalli lifted her head when he expressed that he also had experience with losing a loved one. “I am unsure how to move on or if I am even capable of moving on. Sera said Saito would want me to be happy by doing so but how can I when…when my other half is gone?”

After what felt like an eternity of marching through the expanse roads, night had finally arrived, the sound of crickets welcoming the dark mantle covering the sky, which along with it brought an endless ocean of stars just like most nights before it. Naturally the company had decided to set up camp, and the tedious yet bonding process of setting up the tents started. Syll was specifically tasked alongside a few other of his peers to carry around some of the heavier supplies laying inside of the carriages. The whole process was surprisingly smoother than the elf expected, as before he could realize he started hearing the lovely tune of his jester friend's lute, and the majority of the members were already relaxing and enjoying the pleasures of the camping experience.

Without much to do as the cooks had barely started to prepare the pots for tonight's meal, Syllannan decided to take a seat not far from one of the multiple bonfires lit, and spend a little bit of time to check on his gear, specifically his recently-repaired axe courtesy of the group's friendly Runeseeker. He gave the fixed head a slow and detailed look, carefully tracing his fingers along the edge. Sentry had certainly done a great job, as he could not feel any of the nicks and dents that those pesky rock-solid imp bones produced on it... yet admitedly the sharpness could use a bit of an improvement. Not like he could complain about it since he already got much more than what expected as he stared at that impressive rune. He took out from his wornout yet trusty satchel a piece of sandstone in the shape of a cartoonishly thick shoehorn, and started to grind on that edge. Some may find the process annoying, but Syll always thought it was soothing, therapeutic even.

Several minutes passed by performing the same simple arm motion hundreds of times on both sides of the axe head, which now showed a more polished luster, definitely not to the point of considering it razor sharp, but it's not like an axe needed such a fine and frail edge. His focus on the sharpening was eventually broken by the yelp of a young adventurer, by looking at a distance it seems he had summoned the rage of the usually-jolly shaman. Now that he was out of his little trance, Syll looked around to see if anyone could need help with something, as to perhaps ease the inevitable feeling of boredom. Unfortunately there was only one thing that called to his attention...That man Calocis still chooses to keep his distance from everyone around him, huh?

Syll knew this was almost certainly, absolutely, unmistakeably a guaranteed bad idea, but part of him could not fully shrug off the guilt of keeping things between the two of them as troubled as they were right now, and Syll also knew that Cal would probably never be the one to take the first step to making things right. And even beyond their incidental enmity, seeing the dark elf priest alone like that...it was a little bit sad. After letting out an audible sigh, the hobbalfar stood up and walked towards Calocis. Without much of a solid idea on how to strike a conversation with the introverted priest, Syll started by saying the most basic and safe of things he could utter.

"...Lovely night, isn't it?".

Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Last edited:
Gawain said:
"Yet Edgar seems to keep mentioning how the amulet is a potential solution to my problem, not your dreams of divination themselves. Is it possible that the amulet not only suppresses dreams but could enhance them as well?"

"I said nothing of the sort, my friend." stated the Lich plainly.

Gawain said:
"I ask because the only possible relevance you and the trinket could have beyond that is if I were to ask you to forego such protection and dream of the being I seek, which would be utterly mad and inconsiderate. A glimpse of this... Watcher, disintegrated the flesh from my face. To invite the mere image of the creature into your mind? I think you may end up lucky to only share a similar fate of the mistresses of your family, and I mean no disrespect in saying such."

"That, on the other hand, is exactly what I had in mind when I mentioned my amulet." said the Lich while Cécilia's face soured even further. "The lack of limbs is making you mad, master Lich. Even if I was insane to "help" in Gawains... venture... I would still prefer to keep my face attached to my skull." responded the scholar as she picked up the amulet. "Think for a moment madame, our faceless friend here did something no reasonable human or non-human would do, in his callous but careless search for answers he saw the face of a god in person." Cécilia looked down at the Ruby resting on Gawain's hand, raising an eyebrow as Edgar continued to speak. "You and your kin, the Dreamers, can see the faces of gods and I personally believe that only long exposure to these dreams will harm your mental faculties."

"...and I personally believe that you are fool, Edgar."
responded Cécilia while putting the amulet around her neck again. "Do not disrespect me, child." both Gawain and Cécilia watched as the ruby gained strange, menacing glow as he said that, Gawain could detect that the gem was almost bursting with Magia, Cécilia looked away, admittedly a bit intimidated by the gems glow as it was a reminder that she was not dealing with a petty magician but a powerful Lich, "...think about it, madame... if you were to help Gawain, you'd be helping his insane research, no doubt there's something to be gained from it." said Edgar as the gems violent glow slowly vanished. "And what do you gain from this? Since when you care about other wizards successes?" she asked with a confused look in her eyes, the lich laughed out loud for a few seconds before finally answering. "I gain the ability to tell Gawain "I told you so" when he, inevitably, fails." he responded between his dry cackling. "...and if he succeeds?"

"If he succeeds? He gets the same privileges! Besides the rights to write books and theorems that will inevitably be hunted down by the Hamalan inquisition - but I have no doubts that if Gawain were to succeed in his mad quest to find this deity, he'd gain knowledge unimaginable. I'd almost feel like a proud parent."
Cécilia rolled her eyes at the Liches response. "You two certainly have the most queer relationship." she said as she grabbed her cartography equipment, clearly done with this conversation. "Truth be told, madame, I fear that this man will commit the same mistake to personally seek this deity only to get killed because of his lack of proper preparation." Cécilia raised her head to look at the gem again, a strange smile appeared on her face. "Wouldn't you be content if that were to happen, ser? He's the only other master wizard in Eran from your era."

Edgar was quick to respond. "Quite contraire. I would not be happy. He is the only other great mage of a bygone era where we could practice magic away from the prying eyes of Kings and Emperors - there's few of us each day and those that try to mimic our ways are either killed by the ignorant masses or found by petty lords and forced to join an academy or a military regiment, a waste of good talent! If Gawain were to die, then I'll be the last of my kind, a depressive thought to be perfectly honest." Cécilia actually smiled, even if she still looked a bit annoyed with the lich. "How cute, you actually like him, you are just a knave for the sake of being one... regardless, Monsieur Vatrine, I'd still prefer to find another way to help Gawain's quest... I just can't... my dreams can be dangerous to my mental well being, there's only so much strange, otherworldly battlefields filled with dead winged machines and yellow mist creeping through muddy trenches I can witness before going mad."

Gawain said:
"To suggest that you should also just... take off the amulet and just hope that whatever dreams you find are relevant to my studies is equally mad. It would be foolish to attempt something like that."

"Do you wish to ask every single Magi you find on the way, Gawain? You've seen with the alchemist that not all follow their ancient traditions anymore - even if you were to find a Magi who remains true to their ancient history of arcane mastery, there's no doubts that they will send you to seek ancient ruins of their civilization on the east! and you are going north right now, it'll be a while before you get any answers in your search!" Cécilia then looked at Gawain, giving the wizard a little smile. "I believe Gawain can wait a few months, maybe even a year, right?"

Kastalli said:
"I am unsure how to move on or if I am even capable of moving on. Sera said Saito would want me to be happy by doing so but how can I when… when my other half is gone?"

Alberto's eyes slowly drifted away as the young widow looked down to the ground. Her words remind him of the days after he had lost his own half, but while he had learned how to move away from his pain, he started to ponder if his advice could help Kastalli and if his honesty could cause her more harm than good. With a deep breath and a sigh, the old knight spoke. "Truth is my dear that... you do not know that." he said while his eyes gazed upon the stars above. "We do not know what the dead wish from us, that is something we will only know when we die and meet their immortal souls in the Crossroads."

"I know what I am saying must painful, to not know what you loved one really wants from you in the great beyond is... frustrating, how do you honor those you cannot speak with anymore? Believe me, it's a sensation I know well... after I lost my dearest Maria, I did not know what to do with myself, how do I honor her? We have been married for almost thirty years... thirty long, lovely years and yet I didn't know what to do without her or how to truly honor her memory." Alberto's solemn tone of voice showed the respect and love he has for his wife still. "But then I reminiscence about all those loving memories I have of my dearest Maria, I remember all we shared together, the days we raised our children, those early days when she tried to march with me... When I remember those things, I ask myself, would she want me to not be happy?" Alberto's eyes drifted back to Kastalli, who kept looking down at the ground. "I ask you this... after having experienced a young but full of love marriage, do you really think that Saito would want you to be unhappy without him?" Alberto rested a hand on Kastalli's shoulder. "If you were the one gone and he was the one that was alive, would you want him to be unhappy without you? I might not know you for long my dear, but I get the feeling that would never want anything like that."

Kastalli could feel Alberto's hand petting her shoulder, making her look at the old knights fatherly eyes. "You must honor your Saito by being happy and then you will move on, but do not think for a second that you will forget him by moving on." His eyes slowly looked back into the starry night sky. "His memory will always exist inside you, for he had left a mark on your soul so strong and pure that you still suffer his loss. You are still young, Kastalli... you still have a life ahead of you, one filled with adventure and perhaps even love... but Saito's loving memory will forever be yours."

Sentry said:
"There is another part to it. I also absorbed a blood rune by holding the blade it was etched on if you remember. I assume if we find something like that again, I can take advantage?"

"Of course! The thing is that enchanted items are rather rare." responded the Hob scholar as she looked into her book. "Which is a nice little reminder that the cult of Nyarlaexedum must have a lot of power if they can give all their cultists enchanted blades... I'll write that down!" As the barbarian runeseeker was getting ready to leave, she felt Cassandra grab her loincloth and gently pull it. "Hey, I'm serious by the way... we will find a way to get your memories back, I promise! Oh, and when we do get them back, you gotta take me to the tomb of your King. I want to pay my respects... a-and also write everything down, Yatuski ruins are rare!" she said before walking out of the tent. "Come on big girl! We eatin' nice ol' Hob onion stew!" she shouted before joining everyone sitting around the firepit.

Gawain's head tilted this way and that as the two continued to converse, finding himself trying to frown when his assumption was rather off-base about the amulet itself being able to assist him. He should have known better that the more insane option would be what Edgar was aiming for, yet still he found himself disappointed. Staring down at the gem in his palm, he only recoiled slightly when it began to pulsate with dangerous levels of magic. Did this mean that the insane undead could detonate this thing whenever he wished? Once again, he should not have been surprised.

"I must say that it is both touching and bothersome that you wish for my success yet also are quite ready for an 'inevitable' failure," he starts, giving an indignant shrug before addressing the matter at hand. "I agree with Cécilia's sentiment, Edgar. I do not want her to risk herself for the sake of my research, for even if the travels are not in the direction of these Magi - I think I have an excess of time to see my research through. If old age cannot stop me now, there is no need to rush and make one of the company's leaders go mad."

His free hand went behind his back as he started to give a bow to the cartographer yet again. "I do apologize for Edgar's theatrics, I did not come here to waste your time. It is far more precious of a resource in your hands than in mine, after all." Rising back up, his gaze went back down to the gem. "I will take careful time to prepare for the god's capture of course, but to do that I need as much information on the being as possible. Its location is but one small part of the equation, from there I need apparatus and powerful spells to actually contain the being."

Last edited:
As Devereaux played, providing ample guitar melodies to the songs that both he and the cambion trio performed as well as lovely tunes for Abasi to dance to, he began to notices others starting to come out of their shells to enjoy themselves. Nora, for example. The rather short newcomer to their merry band of explorers had finally begun to enjoy herself, getting up and dancing along to the songs and music herself! It brought a smile to his face, beneath his mask. He loved when people were able to be themselves. Just taking in the moment, and enjoying things. It was one of the things that made him glad that he chose to learn music in the first place. To give people reason to do just that.

He continued to look about, as the cambions wound down their latest song, he took notice of Malthara sitting nearby on a log. Seemingly in a trance, staring off into space. Malthara, ever since they left Waterham, had been a bit quieter than before. Maybe she had been dwelling on things from the past week, or maybe she was just dwelling on her own past. But it bothered Devereaux to see her in such a state. She should be enjoying herself too!

He stood, continuing to play until the trio had finished their song, before sitting next to Malthara on her log. "Hello there!~" he said, a hint of cheerfulness in his voice as he looked to the sorceress. She twitched a bit, glancing to the harlequin from beneath her hood. "Ah, Jester. Beautiful songs, from all of you. I rather enjoyed them." she said, giving him a quick smile before looking back ahead.

"Thank you, madame, but you seemed to be a bit preoccupied! Can't enjoy a good song completely if your mind is elsewhere the entire time." was his response, to which she shook her head lightly. "Just...memories. That's all." was her soft answer.

Devy tilted his head slightly, before smirking beneath his mask. He had an idea. "Well, now! Maybe that memory of yours can be put to good use in the now!~" he stated, before reaching over and taking her by the hand. He then stood, pulling her up with him. Her expression was one of surprise, wondering what exactly Devereaux was doing.

"Bear with me, dear, this won't take long!~" he stated, before leading her over to where he had been sitting before. A small boulder, next to where the trio of cambion bards were now sitting after their song. "Ladies and gentlemen of the company! Our lady sorceress, Malthara, would like to sing a song of her own!~"

Malthara's eyes went wide, and she shook her head rapidly. "Nonono!" she said softly, as she looked between Devereaux and the group around them. Devy chuckled, before sitting Malthara down between himself and the bardic trio. "Come on, I'm sure you know something to sing! One song, I won't push you to do more!~" he said, readying himself as he sat next to her on the boulder and rested the guitar in his lap.

Malthara looked about at the others, her eyes darting here and there beneath her hood, until she finally sighed. "...Alright, fine. One song." she breathed, to which Devy nodded. "Alright!~" he said, placing his fingers where he needed on the guitar.

Malthara was quiet for a few moments, thinking over what to sing, before soon enough moving her lips. Out flowed a gentle tune, soft and warm like the campfires that dotted the company's large encampment.

In the morning when I wake,
and the sun is coming through,
Oh, you fill my lungs with sweetness...
and you fill my head with you.

Shall I write it in a letter?
Shall I try to get it down?
Oh, you fill my head with pieces...
of a song I can't get out.

Can I be close to you?
Hoo ooo ooo ooo
Hoo ooo ooo ooo
Can I be close to you?
Hoo ooo ooo ooo
Hoo ooo ooo ooo

Can I take you to a moment
where the fields are painted gold?
And the trees are filled with memories...
of the feelings never told.

When the evening pulls the sun down
and the day is almost through
Oh, the whole world is sleeping...
but my world is you.

Can I be close to you?
Hoo ooo ooo ooo
Hoo ooo ooo ooo
Can I be close to you?
Hoo ooo ooo ooo
Hoo ooo ooo ooo

Haa aaa aaa aaa
Haa aaa aaa aaa
Haa aaa aaa aaa
Haa aaa aaa aaa

Can I be close to you?
Hoo ooo ooo ooo
Hoo ooo ooo ooo
Can I be close to you?
Hoo ooo ooo ooo
Hoo ooo ooo ooo

Devereaux played along, his fingers moving as gently as Malthara's words felt as she sang. And once he was done, he clapped softly. "Beautiful work, dear." he said, a wide smile adorning his face beneath his mask.

Malthara smiled faintly, her focus on the campfire before her, before whispering to Devereaux. "...A dear friend of mine used to sing that to me often. He still does, sometimes, but...it brings forth a far different feeling when I hear it now."

Devereaux's smile faded beneath his mask. She soon stood, and gave the group that had been listening a polite bow. "I hope you all enjoyed." she said softly, before turning and walking off. Returning to her previous seat, but facing away from the fire.

Last edited:
Trying her best to hide her nervousness, Anija flashed Korzhev a weak smile before composing herself. "Worry not, sir, I am fine. Just...lost in my thoughts." Taking in a deep breath, she readied herself for some smalltalk.

Before she could speak, something wriggled in the back of her mind. She winced softly, and tried to force it back down.

"Trust...him...tonight" it whispered, the words seeming to slither into her thoughts like snakes. "Speak..."

Feeling truly unnaturally compelled, she turned to Korzhev with a quizzical look. "Have you ever felt...driven by something else during your travels, Sir?"

Calocis sat by his lonesome and gazed at the stars. Lost in thought... And memory.

Introspection had been a luxury that Cal could seldom afford those long days on the road, and yet now, when the opportunity lay before him, he found his heart disquieted by the prospect... Though no stranger to solitude—many nights had Cal spent in deep caverns beneath the earth, naked in the darkness, alone in the suffocating presence of his God—somehow this night felt different. Empty. As the wide, yawning expanse of sky threatened to swallow him whole, Cal wished he had never left the Ha'rol, longed for the comfort of a stone cavern above his head... Calocis' soul felt raw as his spirit ached for something he knew not the name of. Nor could he take the measure of this grief, for it was enigma, having grown in his breast like a cancer these many nights. On this night, he felt fit to burst from the weight of it, its claws—like the claws of some savage beast—were raking against the cage of his ribs. Desperate to break free.

The only comfort Cal could find this night was the sight of the stars.

Though the surface world remained an alien plane to him, the night-sky—and the stars therein—were not. Starlight and moonlight both are sacred to the Dökkálfar, and Cal knew well their touch. Although on the surface the light of the stars is cold and far-away, an echo of a memory half-forgotten. Beneath the earth, there lies the Slyan'ssun—Pool of Twilight. The water there reflects the night sky perfectly. There had Cal swum amongst the reflected moon and the stars, close enough to touch, to feel their true light upon his skin and be enveloped by it, to hear the song of their brilliance. Yet here, on the surface, the stars are worlds and worlds away. The sight of them above left Cal yearning for their closeness. Yearning to hear their song.

And yet only silence greeted him.

Silence... And the beating of his heart.

Each beat, a prayer. All gone unanswered.

Soon that was all there was. Drum beats in silence.

And a Voice.

Cal's mind snapped back into focus, dragged back into the confines of his skull by the sudden appearance of a Voice in the camp. It had been like the sounds of a conversation across a stone door. Cal swept the camp with his eyes, though he could not pinpoint the source of the Voice. Perhaps he was hearing things...

There it was again.

This time Cal was ready for it. Though the words were still lost to him, he could pinpoint its source. His gaze fell upon the crackling flames of the campfire... And the Witch, huddled close, muttering to nothing. No. Not nothing.

Something had crept into their camp tonight under the guise of flame. Be it spirit or demon—Cal knew not. Nor could he make out its words, even as his ears became attuned to its speaking. Cal knew precious little about this Witch of the Wilds, but he had read of those—like her—who danced in the woods madly, those who let themselves be bedeviled by Shadows that lurk beneath the trees. A lesser patron for a lesser being, Cal thought with disdain as he watched Anija address the Frogman after another garbled word from the flames.

The quietest part of his mind thought to envy the Witch... But for all his glorifying of Nyarlaexedum, where was He now? A stranger in a strange land, Cal needed his Dark Patron's guidance now more than ever, if only to stop him from feeling so alone. No, not just alone.

Lonely.

Luckily, Cal had little time to think much on God's silence, as it was broken by the voice of another. This time, for better or worse, in a language he could understand.

Syll said:
"...Lovely night, isn't it?".

"Tis adequate." Cal said, as he turned his gaze back to the sky. Then he said without much fanfair. "You do not trust me." Again, he said this without looking his distant kin in the eye.

At last he tore his gaze from the stars and looked at his fellow elf. "Do not deny it. Tis clear as moonlight."

Zillamaster55 Zillamaster55
Roda the Red Roda the Red

Last edited:
Korzhev couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow at the peculiar reaction to his question. Anija’s own was more or less proof of what he suspected. That perhaps the lady was perplexed by something of a more…spiritual nature.

“A very interesting question you have for me, dear miss! Well…” For the time being, Korzhev settled on taking on a more sombre tone, his cheery demeanour gone.

“Ah, how troubling this is to think of! Well, are the odds of myself taking the road to the rest of the world, and not home, not the work of the something else you’re asking of? Followed by searching eternally for this old man’s muddy swamp? Surrounded by all of those jolly fellows belonging to worlds entirely unknown to me, I have not had the time to contemplate these things.”

He would have rambled on, were it not for the need to actually finish his answer before sunlight. He gently patted Anija’s forearm, because he could not quite reach her shoulder.

“But! This is not what you truly meant to ask me, did you not? This ‘something else’ you pretend that might trouble me, troubles you!” Korzhev then pointed to her nose.

“Ah, I might be a silly old man dear, but if you see it fit for me to know what it is that’s eating away at your soul, ask me the questions that belong to your own will, Anija.”

"Do not deny it. Tis clear as moonlight."

It looks like any semblance of subtlety had just been thrown out the window, as Calocis words cut through any illusion of friendliness like a butcher's knife. Syll raised his shoulders and shrugged, opening his hands wide in an uncharacterstically dramatic way.

"I cannot tell whether my attempts to hide it were poor or if your perception is just incredibly sharp" Said the half elf as he sat down on the ground, his palms feeling the tender blades of grass below.

"Listen, i am aware that i have not been exactly the most welcoming of companions, and to be fair i do not think your, uhmm, mannerism, has made it any easier... Then again, your actions so far have spoken far louder than your words, and i am speaking of good actions, mind you" He turned his face at the sky, staring at the stars with an almost melancholic expression. "Unfortunately I still have my reasons for distrusting you, but they are completely unrelated to anything you have done, and for that i apologize".

Cal shuffled to make more room on the ground, eyeing Syll apprehensively as he joined him in the grass. He must have been referring to the chaos of Waterham, and the half-Rakshasa Cal had found bleeding out on the cobblestones. Cal wondered again if he'd made the right choice that night. If perhaps he'd followed a false-sign... He looked at Syll. The halo was still there—a silhouette of soft moonlight radiated from him—the same sign he'd witnessed over Kastalli that night.

"Apology accepted." Cal said, with less venom in his voice than normal. He joined Syll in gazing back at the stars, his eyes mournful. The stars reminded him of a home which tonight he missed bitterly.

After a moment's hesitation, Cal spoke again in a quiet tone. "You are right to mistrust me after Waterham." After witnessing the butchery of the Cult, Cal doubted there was even one among their Company who did not hold him in contempt for their crimes.

Last edited:
As the music died down, the cambion would slow her movements. It is when her dancing turned to swaying that she began to make her way away from the songs and dancing of others. She looked around, but was met once again with that feeling of isolation. Everyone had people to enjoy the company of, but she was alone. The feeling didn't bother her -that- much. After all, when you live with demon blood flowing through your veins, people were bound to keep their distance. It had always been this way for Nora. Nonetheless, she learned to enjoy others enjoyment with them. Better that everyone be happy than for her to bring down the mood, so she kept a smile on her face, even if it was partially an untrue expression.

She got to looking about again and took notice of the lake nearby. Slipping from the light of the fires about the camp, she enters the night, her white iris' glow in the darkness as she makes her way. The dark has never bothered her. Demons likely have a kinship with the shadow, embracing it in ways people would embrace the light. Wasn't much she could do in the light though. As an assassin, she has made her home in the dark, which is why it was so easy for her to find the lakes edge.

The place she had found was nice. Quiet and pretty as the moon reflects off the waters surface. It reminded her of when she looked at her own reflection in the dark. Just the soft white glow against the mirrors surface, though in this case it was the water. Its complete stillness breaks as a rocks skips along its surface. Nora had heard of rock skipping as a fun thing to do, but she had not had the chance to try it until now. She managed to get a rock to skip a solid four times, which may not be impressive to others yet was still an achievement for her.

This is what she set out on a journey for. To make new experiences. Break the cycle of endless killings for coin. All that blood money. She had to get away. The fruits of her time in that business were ripe and dripping with crimson nectar, but she would not tend to them any more. Not now at least. She had a promise to fulfill to her adoptive father. She had to experience things in his stead. So while Nora was more than used to the dark interior of her home, growing used to the world instead would prove to be far more valuable. For now though, she'd just keep at it. Continue to adventure through the world, keeping her profession to herself for the most part. It's just better that way.

What would people in his company even think if they found out that she kills for a living? There was a fear within her about discovering their reactions to such a truth.

As Petro sat down to relax after being told to set up the tents, he heard the familiar voice of Paulin as he looked for him. "Oh, there you are Petro!" said Paulin, who had been marching behind the Minotavur for most of the day without saying a thing after his conversation with Gsera early in the morning. "H-hey... uhm... I was wondering if I... Nevermind, c-can I sit next to you?" He asked while looking at the floor next to the bull man. "Y-you know... marching next to the Parelmeer might not be the most exiting thing ever, but the view of the lake is beautiful from h-here, don't you agree?" he said as his eyes slowly drifted away to look at the beautiful lake in the distance.

Petro rolled his shoulders in idle relaxation as he finally had some time to rest after helping set up camp again. Strength had its advantages, as well as size. He was a capable warrior and his endurance was better than most. Perhaps not as good as the other bulls who took to the hillsides to roll boulders at each other to stop bare handed, muscles bulging, in an impressive display of their physical prowess, but that was where Petro was content with his other fair traits - having wit enough not to stand in front of tumbling boulders. The nerve of some people, and they wondered why their mothers trounced them on the back of the head when they came home.

He glanced up as Paulin approached, and the minotavur smiled and patted the ground. "Of course, make yourself comfortable. I'm sure you are just as tired as the rest of us." Petro took a long drink from his waterskin and sighed, and eyed the young man as he seemed to stammer through some thoughts. He followed Paulin's gaze towards the water. "Aye, a good lake is worth a thousand acres of good soil. Precious clay on the banks, good fish to eat, treasures in the depths, water to sup so long as it is clean. But above all, good for the spirit. Water is soothing and calming, 'cept the raging storms on the sea, or the ferocious mountain rivers that'll dash you against the rocks in a fit of terrible rapids."

The nightly festivities around them continued, with music, song, and dance carrying on for many. It was a pleasant atmosphere and it was nice to see everyone enjoying themselves. For the most part - from his spot he could see several people keeping to themselves and wandering off, or speaking hushed conversations. Brooding, melancholic moods. He kept an eye on them to make sure no one ended up tripping into a campfire or throwing a punch in agitation.

"Say, what were you going to say earlier? You seem a bit nervous. No one is bothering you, are they? Some of the mercenaries like to yammer like songbirds, without the melody or kindness."

"You are right to mistrust me after Waterham."

"I cannot deny that probably influences my opinion, but that is not the actual reason... I lost someone dear to me by the hands of other cultists of Nyarlaexedum, just like the ones we fought previously..."

He then turned his gaze back to Calocis, a sincere smile forming on his face. He was undeniably surprised by Calocis' cordial response, which made Syll feel like a big weight on his shoulders was starting to fall off.

"But oh dear look at me talking about myself like i am some sort of center of attention! i would rather know a bit more about you now. Where are you from, exactly? I mean, if such a question does not bother you, of course."

Hey, I'm serious by the way... we will find a way to get your memories back, I promise! Oh, and when we do get them back, you gotta take me to the tomb of your King. I want to pay my respects... a-and also write everything down, Yatuski ruins are rare!
"You are welcome to them as long as you don't disturb the dead." Sentry gave Kassandra an reassuring smile, letting the little woman walk by and out of the tent.
Come on big girl! We eatin' nice ol' Hob onion stew!
"Sounds good right now. The smell is like our bard's singing." The barbarian walked after the small scholar towards the camp. There was still time before the food was ready and the mood of the camp was rather good. The songs were good for morale even if they left the safety of the city very recently. Sentry slowed her pace when she remembered that there were still people she hadn't talked to yet in the company. Now would be a good time to make the rounds to make introductions. She could have sworn that there was another short woman with them somewhere, but she might have gone somewhere else. While scanning her surroundings, Sentry noticed someone else she hadn't talked to yet. The other large woman in the company. Sitting near the bards and probably enjoying the show like the rest.

"I was beginning to worry that there would be nobody my size on this journey." She said as she approached the half-orc "Don't believe we actually met. My name is Sentry."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back