• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy World of Gea: The Greatest Adventure [IC] [CLOSED]

There was little response from the woman for a moment, but soon the flaps of the caravan open and Nora steps out onto the lowered back end of the carriage. She was just finishing putting on her tunic, her pale stomach seen for only a moment. The tunic was less revealing than the clothes that she had been hiding before, the only skin showing was that of her arms, but even that much skin seemed almost alluring to the weak of mind, even after only a single glance. "I could not find my undershirt. Oh well." She looked to Kat, the orc standing outside. She lowers her gaze to her belongings.

"Nora, if you need help with your trunk, I can carry it for you." she stated.

She offers a nod of her head and a shy smile from under the hood of her tunic. "Yes, that would be most appreciated." She brings herself to the end of the trunk furthest from Kat and grasps its handle. "You have my thanks for offering. I had to manage getting this on the carriage myself when they first welcomed me to join... after having paid." Nora follows the orcs gaze towards the others, the gnome breathing a soft breath through her nose. They were all getting along for the most part, and so easily at that. This group may not be all that bad. She has somewhat learned to keep her expectations low, but she hoped with all her heart that she would at least be welcomed until the end of their trail.

Her mind then trailed to how much further she wished to travel, but all she was really doing out here is seeing the world. Who knew just where this lot was going? "They are something else, huh? Plenty of odd sights, but far from me to judge any of them. I actually look forward to meeting new people... Although I am more than a little cautious of the elf. The, eh, dark one. The other seems nice."

Interacting with: Infab Infab

"You have my thanks for offering. I had to manage getting this on the carriage myself when they first welcomed me to join... after having paid."

"I would have assisted, had I known." said Kat, as she stepped over and grabbed the handle of the trunk closest to her. She lifted, and they carefully moved the trunk from the caravan to the grassy ground outside. As Nora spoke again, Kat looked up to her before looking at the members of the company once more.

"They are something else, huh? Plenty of odd sights, but far from me to judge any of them. I actually look forward to meeting new people... Although I am more than a little cautious of the elf. The, eh, dark one. The other seems nice."

Kat nodded. "Yes, the dark one is a bit odd." said the half-ork, as she glanced towards where Calocis was standing. Her gaze returned to the harlequin afterwards. "The one in the jester's garb, I know him. We've traveled together several times before. He's friendly. His name is Devereaux."

Interaction: Vexumin Vexumin

Nora showed some rather well trained strength as she took the handle and lifted the trunk, bending her knees as she rose to a standing position. Her face radiated focus, the trunks weight clearly a bit much as it was, even if she was carrying only one side of it. As the trunk neared the end of the caravan, she carefully drops herself from the edge and lands solidly on the ground, still holding her end. She smiles, glad that that was over.

"I would have assisted, had I known."

Nora just shakes her head. "No need to worry about it. I managed in the end. Just happy about that to be honest." Nora lowers the box to the ground for a moment, needing a short break before they continued. She listened to Kat as she spoke, clear interest in every word. She just had a knack for listening perhaps, always working to keep peoples thoughts in mind. She may just be able to get a read of the half-ork. Might help her be less nervous around that gaze.

"The one in the jester's garb, I know him. We've traveled together several times before. He's friendly. His name is Devereaux."

Nora turns her attention towards the group, focusing in on the jester. She tilts her head slightly, getting a good look at the individual in question. It was an odd sight, seeing someone bound to such clothes, unless that was a spur of the moment choice of attire for the day. Nora could not tell though. She was tempted to dig into it a little, but eventually decided that doing so would be rude. "I see. The clothing is certainly unique. I'm surprised that someone like that wanders about, but I suppose all sorts of interesting things and people can be found in this world, eh? Though I guess I have no real right to speak there either."

Interacting with: Infab Infab

(Sorry for the long delay - wow new formatting style and stuff wow look at me slowly upgrading. Character colors: Cécilia, Alberto, Paulin.)
Cécilia listened as the Qurai leader explained the current situation with these other members. She did take note that according to the chieftess, some members are cursed. "Could you explain a bit further? I understand that one of you might be a witch, but..." but before she could continue asking. A nearby member of the Qurai caravan approached, having overheard the previous topic of conversation.

Katarrik said:
"I despise being called a 'vagrant'. I do not beg."

"Too bad." said Sukhjeet while giving Katarrik the stink eye. "That's what you and the others are in our eyes! At least you help protect our homes." she added, while eyeing Cécilia.

Katarrik said:
Katarrik is my name. I am Orkey."

The first person to introduce themselves was a tall, muscular and rather stunning half-Ork woman, of Orkey origin as well. "Ah! It's strange to see an Ork so far away from their mountains." said Alberto before offering his hand to Kararrik, who awkwardly returned the gesture. Cécilia had to admit that having more diversity on her own ranks could help further down the lane in many situations such as cultural knowledge and mapping of local areas, but would also help the company know more of the world around them and make the more conservative amongst them to open their minds to new peoples. "Bonjour, mon ami. An honor to meet you." said the scholar before noticing the small woman wearing a cloak. Having grown used to short people after her week-long stay in Waterham, she wasn't particularly surprised to see a short non-human, but there was something strange about this little lady.

Ziggy said:
"Chief! Are you-?"

"...Dhikāra hai." whispered Sukhjeet before looking over her shoulder at the young man approaching the group. Cécilia eyed the strange man from head to toe while Alberto looked away, giggling to himself as he thought about a few Hamalan jokes. Ziggy was an oddity - besides the fact that he was naked while surrounded by hundreds of people - like all other "half-breeds" amongst the group, unions and the byproduct of these unions were considered rare amongst beastfolk and non-beastfolks with the exception of the land of the Minotavurs, and yet the company had met three people, all sharing the same characteristics, animal tails and ears.

Ziggy said:
"Ooh! Are these new friends? Will they be joining us? - Wait, the way to greet people is... My name's Ziggy! My master is Franziska von Klausen, daughter of Lord Franz von Klausen from Hamala. I'm traveling to learn about the world and hone my magical abilities. I may still be a beginner, but one day I hope to be a great magician!"

"Heh... well, it's nice to meet you too Ziggy, though I admit, you are revealing too much about yourself at the moment!" said Alberto followed by a jolly laughter. The rest of the group was quick to tell the half-Cobold about his current lack of clothing which he explained the reason for. Cécilia took interest in that, but what interested her the most was the mention of the von Klausen dynasty. "Lord Franz von Klausen? While his name is unknown to me, that's a prominent last name." she said, Alberto nodding in agreement. "Aye, the lords of Klausenburg, prominent barons and among the Kaisers trusted Elector Lords." he added, though it was clear that Ziggy at the moment was busy talking with his companions. "Something to ask later in private then!" said the old knight with a grin on his face. "Uhm... if we accept." she says while eyeing the Qurai chieftain.

Calocis said:
"We… Ought not turn them away."

Both Alberto and Cécilia look at Calocis, who stood nearby alongside Kastalli and Syllannan, the Qurai leader also stared at Calocis, setting her suspicions on the Dökkálfar aside, she was glad to hear somebody wanted these people. "See? Your cursed elf wants your to keep them. They are reliable, believe me." said the chieftess while looking at her people. "If they are as reliable as you say, then why you wish to be rid of them?" asked Cécilia while Petrocles was giving Gawain a lesson in good manners, as expected from the young and gentle Minotavur. "Too many mouths to feed, it's getting bad enough that a few of the families are planning to separate and create their own caravans. I want to prevent that, for now at least." answered Sukhjeet, with a more sincere tone to her voice. Alberto and Cécilia then turned their attention to the small woman, who offered them a bag of coins.

Noradriia said:
"Here. It's the last I've got, but I can dance for more when we reach another town or city if that proves not to be enough. I never shirk my dues."

"You do not have to pay us a dime miss." said Alberto, but when Nora puts her attention elsewhere, both the knight and the scholar finally notice the Krasnoludek's unusual features - this woman was a Cambion! a half-demon! "...I see why the chieftess called her cursed. I'm not so sure about... recruiting these folks anymore..." whispered Alberto, Cécilia was a bit surprised by this change of heart. "Hmm? This is new... Alberto, do not tell me that you... ehem, you don't trust Cambions?" she asked curiously much to the old knights frustration, he sighed, trying to find his words. "...they are not... normal, mademoiselle Cécilia... but I don't hate them b-" Cécilia was surprised and rather amused at this sudden revelation. "Oh my dear Gaia, Alberto you are better than that." she said with a teasing grin on her face.

"It's nothing like that madam, I've known many cambions in my life and I know that they are people trying to get by like any of us, and I'm also well aware that they get a lot of hate out there and for that they get my sympathy... but most are... not entirely well up there. I am not saying they are crazy or insane and I'm not implying that the poor gnome lass is any of that, but..." Cécilia looked back at the group, Noradriia was talking with some of the people she had travelled with. "...they say the same about the Myrkálfar and Dökkálfar, that they are not entirely well up there... do you believe that?" Cécilia's question frustrated Alberto slightly, he closed his eyes and looked away for a moment. "...Malthara might be a genius sorceress but she certainly is a bit... dreamy... and Calocis social skills leave a lot to be desired, and his attitude is beyond of what could be justified as culture." Cécilia slightly nodded, agreeing a bit with the old knight as he had a solid point there, but the more she thought about these cambions and the other new people that could join her, her grin grew more and more. "...I was not interested in hiring new people but... now I want to!" Alberto let out a light sigh and a chuckle. "...out of spite of my dumb statements, m'lady?"

"Oh no, not at all... maybe a bit, but mostly because that cambion girl might change everyone's perception of Cambions, just like Calocis can challenge the societal stereotypes placed upon his people."
Alberto agreed with that statement, he was known and liked among the company for his open mind, while he had met plenty of cambions throughout his life to form his opinion about them, maybe he was wrong, Cambions are rare after all. "Well... I agree, but I'd rather use a better example like Petro... as Cal hasn't exactly challenged any views considering how dark and brooding that lad is." Cécilia chuckled a bit, she had to agree that the dark elf was a bit too secretive and mysterious for his own good.

"Who... is... rhyming?" asked the knight as he turned around to see Sentry, Ser Waylond and Pottrey standing near three cambion women that spoke with rhymes. Both Cécilia and Alberto looked at each other amused. "...come on, we got to recruit them at least!" said the scholar jokingly. "Heh, fine... that would make for good entertainment." As the new possible recruits approached, they began to interact with the company, this was good, as it tested the chemistry between these possible recruits and the stablished members of the company. "My my... things are going to become very lively, aren't they?" said the scholar as she watched Calocis and Syllannan have a bit of an argument, while Gawain watched in disbelief at the half-Cobold and the stranger that had just join them, she had introduced herself as Anija Halfdansdottir, the cursed woman that the Qurai leader was talking about. "Very interesting." added the knight before shouting.

"Alright! Everyone who wishes to join our company, come to me so we can organize ourselves, I am Ser Alberto de Tarantina, knight of Arcoña and second in command of our expeditionary mission! It's an honor to meet every single one of you!" His shout not only attracted the attention of those who talking with the company, but also brought the attention of a few Qurai youths looking for a way to explore the world. Cécilia then approached Sukhjeet, who seemed relieved that the cambions and the witch were leaving them. "Thank you, madame... you are lifting a weight off my shoulders by accepting them. I wish them the best of luck, for they have help defend the caravan plenty of times." Cécilia then gives Sukhjeet a courteous bow. "Not a proble madmoiselle Sukhjeet, I wish you and your people a good travel through these weary roads, who knows, maybe will meet again down the road." The Qurai leader gives the scholar a smile before riding back to her people as they settle their camp. "...what a way to start the day."

While the company continued to dismantle their camp, Paulin watched as Sera interacted with Dakarai, noticing how much chemistry both had with each other. "H-hmm..." when one of the company members calls for Dakarai's help dismantling a tent, the young Eranoiran man approached Sera rather awkwardly. "Uhm... Sera, sorry to bother you but uh... can I ask you a question?" he says, clearly nerveous. "Y-you... seem to enjoy talking with Dakarai... I uhm... do you... like him?" he finally asks while away, hoping he wasn't offending his Tuatha friend. "Y-you don't have to answer now but... i-it'd be nice to know."

Away from the Eranoiran and the disguised dragon was Gawain, who seemed to be lost in thought, in reality, he was listening to an annoyed Edgar who had not stopped ranting ever since he had heard Anija speak. "Stupid wench!" shouted the lich. "Damnable witch, the nonsense she spewed made me wish I was there so I could have destroyed her with a stack of theorems! What a disrespect to the arcane studies and arcane "arts", this is why tribal witches and warlocks are so unreliable when compared to dedicated academics, and her nonsense is influencing that dumb mutt... he has potential, believe it or not, Gawain." Gawain started to listen in detail again, as he had mastered the art of ignoring Edgar a long time ago. "...that young boy is more than meets the eye, he... like the barbarian Runeseeker... is planetouched! That means he has magical potential, Gawain... it'd be wise if you or that dusk elf sorceress trained them instead of that witch."

Most of the camp had been dismantled, but there were a few tents still remaining that needed some extra effort to dismantle. While Cécilia looked over some papers, she noticed that Devereaux and Abasi had finally returned, she gave both men a smile, genuinely happy to see them. "I was starting to worry." she said before looking back into her documents, until the harlequin spoke, sounding less upbeat than normal.

Deveraux said:
"Cécilia, Ser Alberto. There's something I need to discuss with you and the rest of the company. I've already informed Abasi, and I feel it best that you all know and make your own decisions. I'll try to keep it as brief as possible, as everyone has other things to do today."

"Devy... I... can this... wait? We are recruiting a lot of people at the moment, and we have that little event in Waterham to attend to... is it very important?" she asked, the serious look on Abasi's face was enough for her to know that this was very serious. "...what's wrong Devereaux?" she asked with genuine concern in her voice. "It's best... if we walk away from Alberto as he talks to the recruits... please, tell me."

Interacting with: Deveraux & Katarrik ( Infab Infab ), Abasi ( Woffy Woffy ), Gawain ( Dmaster Dmaster ), Gsera ( joshuadim joshuadim ), Ziggy ( Anne Boolean Anne Boolean ), Noradriia ( Vexumin Vexumin ), Anija ( Zillamaster55 Zillamaster55 )
Mentions: Syllannan ( Roda the Red Roda the Red ), Calocis ( Elenion Aura Elenion Aura ), Petrocles ( Emperor Sagan Emperor Sagan ) Sentry, Waylond & the Cambion Triplets ( Breadman Breadman )

Gsera had, after leaving the main area of conversation with the new arrivals, had sought out Dakarai and talked with him some more to pass the time. She certainly enjoyed speaking with him, and it seemed as though he did likewise, and this had not gone unnoticed as Dakarai left to help with dismantling some of the tents and was approached by Paulin and his sudden, and rather intimate question.

"Y-you... seem to enjoy talking with Dakarai... I uhm... do you... like him?"

She was quiet for a moment, staring straight at Paulin with both confusion and hesitation before muttering the words to herself: "Do I... like... him...?" she managed to whisper out before a flood of embarrassment washed over her, causing her face to flush pinkish-red. She could only let out a nervous chuckle at first before shifting in place: "W-why do you ask? I like talking to him! He's a good conversationalist!" she spoke, trying to deflect from the main brunt of the question. "Haha! Yes! Good conversations, very interesting!" she then said as she turned her face away from Paulin, not daring to look at him in the eye out of the sheer awkwardness that emanated.

"Devy... I... can this... wait? We are recruiting a lot of people at the moment, and we have that little event in Waterham to attend to... is it very important?" she asked, the serious look on Abasi's face was enough for her to know that this was very serious. "...what's wrong Devereaux?" she asked with genuine concern in her voice. "It's best... if we walk away from Alberto as he talks to the recruits... please, tell me."

Devereaux nodded slightly, glancing towards the new recruits that she spoke of and recognizing Katarrik near instantly. A wide smile appeared on his face beneath his mask, but he shook the thought off and strolled a short distance away from Alberto and the others with Cécilia. And once they were out of earshot, he carefully and cautiously reached up and removed his mask. Then, he slipped his hat back. Revealing his entire head. Quite a handsome man, with pale-ish skin and bright emerald-like eyes. His medium length hair was a tad messy, but a quick run through with his hand settled his blonde locks where they were supposed to be. "Its uh...not every often that I reveal my face to others, but this is sort of needed for what I'm about to explain." he said, his voice no longer lightly muffled by his mask.

He then went into detail on several things, giving Cécilia the same information and explanation that he had given Abasi earlier. His vampyric state, his lineage, how old he really was, who his mother was, why he never spoke of her. He also included the Baroness, as well as the man she had sent after him in the alleyway. "...I wanted to tell you all this, so that you may make your decisions. Do you want me here...or do you want me to leave?" he said finally. "I understand the fear that people have of vampyr. The hatred. I am that creature of the night, feeding on the blood of others. If you don't want me here, I'll gather my things, say my goodbyes, and leave. I just...wanted to make sure there were no more secrets between me and the company."

Last edited:
Gawain did share some of Edgar's sentiment when it came to the witch trying to lead the apparently gifted boy down an improper path to arcane mastery, yet he still did not appreciate hearing the rambling complaints echoing through his head. 'It seems like that is a task best left to the sorceress, then.' the skull-faced mage thought to himself so Edgar could hear him. While he didn't exactly want Ziggy to fail in his pursuit to be a good mage, he had very little hope for his progress due to that horrible attention span of his.

'Planetouched or not, you know of my track record with apprentices that can hardly look after themselves, let alone handle the challenging academics of magic. For that boy's sake and mine I think he would do better under the tutelage of that dusk elf.' It was a little-known secret that many of those that Gawain took under his wing in the distant past met rather untimely ends, often to some horrible mistake on their part. Said occurrences weren't exactly out of malice, but the wizard did have this rather bad habit of refusing to help his pupils out of situations they got themselves in - even if they were quite life threatening. Suffice it to say Ziggy would not last a week.

"Well, congratulations you three." Sentry turned to the bards "Welcome to the expedition!" The trio turned away from Kastalli for a brief moment and instantly became gitty with excitement.

"This company's roster continues to expand in a variety of directions." Waylond commented.

"Like those knight tales of old, isn't it, ser?"

"True. We are just a dragon rider short of the Crimson company." Waylond scratched his chin looking at the new recruits. Even in jest, Pott's observation was very true. "We don't have a dragon among us, do we?"

"As far as I know, Master Toad is the closest to a flying fire breathing lizard we have, Swifty." Sentry chimed in "But I don't see wings on him." The barbarian looked towards Kozhev just to make sure. You never know with those potions. "Anyway, if you two would excuse me." While the knight and his squire were talking, she had taken an axe out of the gear she was carrying to the carts before. Syll's axe to be exact. A fine tool for any warrior who would knew how to wield it properly. He wanted it repaired as it had suffered some damage, but she saw an opportunity.

Two nights before she stood wide awake away from the rest and over the axe. Sentry ran her hand across the hilt and blade whispering words of prayer to those who would hear them. Soon she would feel the prayer answered as the engraving began to take form. 'Mulniya', the call of the storm and sign of the breakers of lightning. Whichever spirit was favoring Syll must see great potential in the young man. A sorcerer's apprentice and wielder of a weapon like this? More than meets the eye to him. By morning the runeseeker had finished her work and the axe had the rune engraved in it. If she did he job right, it would be a powerful weapon, but it would take another day for the rune to obtain its full potential.

"I got you a gift, Pointy ears." She said with a smile as she pulled the axe out and removed the cloth covering the blade. "Fixed the hilt, sharpened the head and added an extra touch." Sentry pointed to the rune "You know how some are born under a sign? This one seems to be yours as it pleaded to be part of your arsenal. Any fool dumb enough to come close to you would feel the hairs on their body stand up as a warning before you shattering their form with thunder and lightning." The runeseeker invited him to pick up the weapon by the hilt. "What do you think?"

Gsera said:
"Do I... like... him...? W-why do you ask? I like talking to him! He's a good conversationalist! Haha! Yes! Good conversations, very interesting!"

Paulin let out an awkward giggle as he heard Gsera clumsily try to explain herself. Mustering some courage, the young Eranoiran rested his hand on the fake Tuatha's shoulder. "S-Sera, you make it obvious stumbling on your words like that." Both the Eranoiran and Tuatha then looked at the Sobekan as he removed heavy stakes from the ground. "...I say you and him would make a good couple, you guys have... chemistry? I k-know it's been like... two weeks, you guys probably need to know each other better and all that... but... I envy that you have an easy time talking with him." Paulin's gaze then turned towards Petro, who was currently helping load the heavy things into the carriages. "I... I really like Petro... I know it's been a short time and all that, but... I've basically been next to him for several days by now, he's so gentle and sweet... I want to know him better but... I fear there's no chemistry between us." Paulin looks at Sera, his tired eyes betrayed his silly grin. "...so! how do you do it? how do you talk with big dragon man!" a nearby company wizard corrects the young warrior. "He's a crocodile, you imbecile." Paulin pouted while giving the company member an angry glare. "I don't know what that is! and do you mind? I'm having a serious talk here!"

Devereaux said:
"...I wanted to tell you all this, so that you may make your decisions. Do you want me here...or do you want me to leave? I understand the fear that people have of vampyr. The hatred. I am that creature of the night, feeding on the blood of others. If you don't want me here, I'll gather my things, say my goodbyes, and leave. I just...wanted to make sure there were no more secrets between me and the company."

Whatever surprise the face reveal of Deveraux had on Cécilia was quickly replaced by shock and frustration, she takes a deep, troubled breath while caressing her temple. "Not today... not today... why today of all days..." she whispered with an almost bitter tone. "...for Gaia's sake Devy, how do you think I'll kick you out for that? I'd like to think that after two weeks of travelling together, we know each other enough... and you know my mind is free of judgement." the scholar eyed the other members of the company before looking back at the Eranoiran jester. "...but I do know the risk of you telling the company, we cannot do it, not right now... I think it'd be best if we tell them tonight, when we camp outside."

Gawain said:
Planetouched or not, you know of my track record with apprentices that can hardly look after themselves, let alone handle the challenging academics of magic. For that boy's sake and mine I think he would do better under the tutelage of that dusk elf.

"Hmph, it'd be a waste of time if that witch keeps training that young lad - besides, aren't you in an impossible quest already? I don't it'd be a bad idea for you to have a disciple, undead or not, you... like me, have limited time in this world. It is through our research, magic and our disciples that we will live on through the eras." Gawain felt a bit of a headache for a moment. "...Do you wish to die facing this deity you hunt with only a few theorems in your name?" asked the Lich, sounding oddly serious about it.

Interacting: Gsera ( joshuadim joshuadim ), Devereaux ( Infab Infab ) Gawain ( Dmaster Dmaster )

Gawain continues to stand about the field with his arms crossed over his chest, his skull rolling this way and that as he communicated with the lich with his mind. 'Impossible by your standards perhaps. I do not intend to die in my attempts to contain that deity, and I will take every step and precaution at my disposal to assure my success.' he replies, turning his head back to Ziggy and Anija as he looked through them silently.

'I am not a wizard so that I may get recognition or create a legacy, Edgar. I am a wizard so that we may enhance our understanding of the magical forces that hold sway over our world, to steadily make us a more enlightened society. For that reason I will research that otherworldly being even if it leads to my demise.' he concluded before he wrapped his fingers about his chin. The headache bothered him, but at this point the undead mage was well accustomed to pains far more excruciating. Few things can compare to getting his face evaporated, really.

'Still, I would very much rather not die. There is always more work to be done, and I would hate to not be around for it.'

From there Gawain saw it best to perhaps have a talk with Malthara about properly teaching the dog-boy magic. It would help the company members be safer knowing that they won't be around exploding leaves or may randomly teleport to a different realm in their sleep. He felt that it was partially his duty with his leadership role in the company, and he would make an effort to see the sorceress either when they were back on the road or camping for the night.

Nishiki.(Fire.Emblem).600.1896658.jpg

Alberto's words led to Ziggy's ears perking up. "Wait... we're not all going together...?" He overheard the exchange between Sukhjeet and Cecelia, which surprisingly made it seem as if the chief didn't want them traveling with the Qu'rai. As he watched the woman return to her tribe, he couldn't help but wonder if the sentiment was shared among the other tribesmen as well. Even if that was the case, Ziggy felt he should still thank them for letting him come along and properly say goodbye.

A few minutes after some heartfelt goodbyes, the half-Cobold returned to the group with a sullen expression. For once, despite all the people around him, he felt like keeping to himself. With his tail and ears hanging low, he decided to practice his magic. Focusing his gaze on stray leaves he found on the ground, he repeated the spell and added the corrections of his pronunciation that was suggested. Most of the times it did nothing, but a few of the leaves disappeared or exploded. He didn't pay it too much mind though, and aside from occasionally getting frustrated, he just found a new leaf to try again on.

For one particular leaf, after his incantation, it ignited into a bright flame. It took the half-Cobold a moment to realize, but when he did, his expression lit up. "Oh! Anija! Anija!" he called, glancing around. Unfortunately, in all his excitement he didn't notice that the leaf was not on green grass but rather the black fabric of Callocis's robes. As he frantically called for his teacher, the fire spread from the leaf to the cloth.

Interactions: Calocis ( Elenion Aura Elenion Aura ), Anija ( Zillamaster55 Zillamaster55 )

With her face still flushed Gsera managed to meekly turn her face towards Paulin again and listened to what he had to say regarding both her and Dakarai and then to his own feelings towards Petrocles. She still was rather flustered at the idea of someone observing she was attracted to Dakarai, which at first she found the notion impossible. They were completely different in terms of what kind of beings they were as and it was rather unheard of to her that a ddraig would fall for someone outside their kind. I could never find myself liking him... right? she thought to herself with uncertainty as she spared another quick glance towards Dakarai. I... father would never approve even if I was liking him... she then thought before breaking her gaze back towards Paulin. ...am I?

"Um... well... I..." she tried to get out, nervously tripping over her own words towards Paulin's inquiry over how she managed to speak to Dakarai easily. "I just like talking to him. Like I said, h-he's a good conversationalist!" She then rubbed her arms with her hands and chuckled: "But with you... well, how can you know if you don't talk to him?" she then asked over Petrocles, "Maybe... find a topic about something you, and maybe he, will like? L-like I do with Dakarai! Find a topic and just... talk! Then see where it goes from there..."

"...but I do know the risk of you telling the company, we cannot do it, not right now... I think it'd be best if we tell them tonight, when we camp outside."

Devereaux looked to the others, before sighing. "...You're right. Now really isn't the best time. Tonight, then." he said, his voice bearing a hint of regret. He should have told them all the truth when they first met. "For now, I shall keep my mask and hat off. Its...its nice to talk to others face to face every once in a while."

He glanced back to Abasi, and gave him a smile. "Now you know how the magnificent Devereaux looks underneath his colorful mask." he said, a bit cheerfully. And then, he looked to the others. Who to chat with? Perhaps Kat? She seemed busy with whatever Alberto was doing.

Eventually, he noticed Kastalli nearby. Perhaps a chat with his fellow Bard would boost his spirits? He also wanted to talk to the trio of cambion bards as well. Perhaps a band could be formed! He moved over, walking past the others, and slipped up next to Kastalli. "Ah! My favorite bell ringer! And how are you this fine morning?" he asked, a warm smile adorning his face.

"Ah! My favorite bell ringer! And how are you this fine morning?"
Hearing a familiar voice, Kastalli turned expecting to see her wonderful companion, Devereaux. However, when she came face to face with him, she tilted her head in confusion. He was without a mask! He did wear the rest of his outfit that he was notably known for so there was no mistake that it was him. "Devereaux, I am great! It is good to see new faces joining our group." She offered him a smile in return.

"Speaking of new faces, this is the first time I have seen you with your mask off," she took a step forward and gently placed her palms on either side of his face. "Very handsome, I must say!"

"Speaking of new faces, this is the first time I have seen you with your mask off," she took a step forward and gently placed her palms on either side of his face. "Very handsome, I must say!"

Devereaux just as gently held one of her hands against the side of his face (as his other hand was holding his mask and hat). Warmth. "Yes, I get that rather often whenever the mask comes off. I don't think any of you have seen my face, really. Nice change of pace, isn't it?" he said, smiling once more as his emerald eyes gazed upon her. He then released her hand, before looking towards where the other new recruits were. "Its always nice to see new faces, yes. More people to chat with, learn about, and entertain!"

Syll joined the others in the company once again to help pack things, specifically he lent a hand at lifting some of the heavier objects in the caravans such as vegetable sacks or the weapon and armor racks. But just as he performed said duties, a familiar voiced called into his direction.

"I got you a gift, Pointy ears... Fixed the hilt, sharpened the head and added an extra touch.

The Hobbalfar remembered that his weapon was slightly damaged after the last battle, and asked Sentry for aid on repairing it. He gently grabbed his trusty weapon as he listened to the Yatuski speak about the new rune, Syll was very surprised by the kind gesture as he traced his fingertips along the new rune's surface.

"Sentry... i do not know what to say, i am deeply grateful for this!" He contemplated at the Rune's aura before speaking again. "I have handled plenty of enchanted weapons and artifacts in the past, but a Runeseeker's certainly feels different to any other i've seen before, almost as if it was more connected to the world if i had to put it into words, it certainly feels a lot more complex and refined than my own rune. Oh! and the work on the blade is splendid, i can not see any trace of the dents it had".

Syllannan looked at his weapon with a nostalgic smile. He could still remember that day 7 years ago when his great uncle took him to the most renowned blacksmith in the area to make him a custom weapon, it was a gift to congratulate Syll for winning a local tourney that the Hobbalfar participated in only to entertain the requests and expectations of the barbaric House Marley, even if he secretly enjoyed taking part in it. Initially he objected to the offer, insisting that "a true mage does not rely on steel", but his great uncle proved to be way too stubborn on the matter. He finally decided on a large battle axe, for some reason the half elf felt much more comfortable with an axe in hand than a sword, even if he had no trouble handling the latter. Maybe it was because of how much he had grown used to using an axe to chop trees and logs in order to feed firewood to the ever-hungry Inn he called home. Or maybe because it was the weapon of choice of his great grandfather Mather, who most claimed he had a similar style of combat to Syll. Over time he grew fond of the weapon, and realized that despite what path he followed, having a trusty weapon on his side was a wise choice.

He put his axe back onto his holster, and quickly grabbed Sentry's hand to shake it enthusiastically. "I am not one to leave favors unpaid, please do not hesitate to ask for my help with whatever you may need!"

Last edited:
"Nice change of pace, isn't it?"
Kastalli nodded in agreement as she squished his face gently before bringing her hands back down to her side. It was nice to see Devereaux revealing more about himself, she had always wondered what he looked like underneath the mask but never found the confidence to ask. Her compliment about his looks were genuine, he was a rather handsome man. In fact, there were quite a few attractive men in the group: Devereaux, Syllannan, Abasi, Calocis, Waylond - even Alberto was a sharp looker for his age!
"Its always nice to see new faces, yes. More people to chat with, learn about, and entertain!"
"Oh, yes. I did not have a chance to properly speak with them all but so far I have met Anija, who is also from Skæg! That was a delightful surprise." Kastalli explained as she gestured to the other Skæglin woman off in the distance. "I also got to speak with the bard trio! Oh, dear. I am not sure if I remember which is which, their names sound so similar!" She looked around once more at her friends talking amongst each other before looking back to Devereaux, "we missed you this morning, by the way! Sera got to braid Syllannan's hair."

"I'm sorry I wasn't here to enjoy watching Gsera work her magic! I had a little business to take care of in town." said Devereaux, shifting his attentoon to the others. "I do wish to chat with the bard trio. It sounds as though they might have been taught the ways of the School of the Joker! I've heard many a tale of bards of that particular school. Combining music with magic! A fantastical endeavour!"

He looked back to Kastalli. "Perhaps the formation of a band is in order? The bardic trio, you, and myself! We would be a musical force to be reckoned with!~" he said, adding a chuckle at the end of his enthusiastic statement. He then shifted his gaze, speaking again. "The tall half-ork I have met many times before. She's a rather close friend of mine, actually!"

And as he looked for Kat, he noticed she had vanished from where he had last seen her. But soon enough, a pair of thick green arms wrapped around him from behind. They curled around his neck, hanging lazily from his shoulders.

"Hello, Devy.~" said a voice, "How's my favorite jester?" He glanced over his shoulder to see Kat gazing down at him. Grinning. He grinned back in response, before speaking. "I'm quite alright! How've you been? Still roaming around, looking for fights to jump into?"

Kat nodded gently. "More or less." she stated, before slowly removing her arms and glancing to Kastalli. "Greetings." said the half-ork, holding out her hand to her.

Devereaux looked between them, before introducing each. "Kastalli, Kat. Kat, Kastalli."

Last edited:
"Hmm." Sentry scratched her chin after shaking Syll's hand. "I'll think about it, but for now I'll take the satisfaction of watching you cleave with that weapon." A confident smirk formed on her face obviously proud of her own handiwork. "The craftsmanship on it was quite good to begin with. So good that I hardly saw ways to improve it besides the obvious."
---
Olga, Volga and Holga froze in place as the man made himself known. Kastalli seemed to know him well, but even she didn't know how he looked until now. The knight was nothing to turn down himself, but his caution stood in the way for a good first impression. But this man. He was something else. Olga's wand quickly turned into a fan as she started to frantically wave it back and forth.

"Sisters, am I the only one suddenly beset by heat?"
"No quite, but you're sweating like an athlete."
"Should we perhaps check your heartbeat?"

Olga scoffed at the other two and looked away, but was soon found twisting her head back forward as Deveraux spoke that he wanted to talk with them. The same thought crossed all of their minds as they looked at each other and moved in to introduce themselves.

"Olga."
"Volga."
"And Holga."

A curtsey from all three to show proper etiquette to a fellow bard. At least to one that manage to captivate them so.

"You are correct to assume us to be from the School of the Joker!"
"As is visible in various ways, like the sign on Holga's choker."
"In many ways we are like the card that is missing from poker."

"Like our namesake, the results can vary and be quite chaotic."
"With out training, you may find the songs quite hypnotic."
"But should you need more, we can combine forces to creates something more...exotic."

Devereaux redirected his attention to the trio of rather attractive cambion bards as they spoke, a grin stretching across his face as they spoke in rhymes. This is going to be fun, he could already tell. He then theatrically bowed. Well, let's try and match! "Devereaux is my name. Harlequin, bard, and archer: my claims to fame." he said, before straightening up. "A wonder to behold, you three so bold, with a talent more valuable than gold."

He wondered if they rhymed like this when it was just the three of them alone together. It must be quite exhausting after a while. And they seemed very open to the idea of working together. "A lovely idea!~" he replied.

Last edited:
"A man with skills and face like that, yet chooses to done the mask of the jester?"
"Oh come now sister, an artists choice should not be something we should pester."
"Indeed, the bards and harlequin are cousins with a common ancestor."

"Oh you are right my sisters."
"Besides we shouldn't forget the other bard that glisters." Holga motioned with her head towards Kastalli, making Olga and Volga remember that there were more of the company present than a handsome men.

"Oh, forgive us Kastalli if we were rude."
"In our excitement we sometimes tend to exclude."
"We hope that we haven't come across as crude."

"Kastalli, Kat. Kat, Kastalli."
"It is wonderful to meet you Kat," she offered a respectful bow before offering a friendly smile. "You are quite tall - like Sentry!"
"Oh, forgive us Kastalli if we were rude."
"In our excitement we sometimes tend to exclude."
"We hope that we haven't come across as crude."
Kastalli blinked a couple of times, almost as if she was mesmerized by how the trio rhymed without a second thought. It must have taken a lot of practice to be able to have such a fluid transition between each sister. "Oh, no. It is quite alright!" She shook her hands out, insisting that she took no offense. "Devereaux was just suggesting the idea of creating a band so that we can entertain the rest of the company!"

"See? Your cursed elf wants your to keep them. They are reliable, believe me."
Calocis muttered something derisive under his breath, something about caravaneers and their primitive superstitions. He otherwise remained in his place, fingers steepled together before his sternum in a facsimile of serenity. Until he smelled smoke, that is. With mild curiosity, he turned his nose toward the source of it... Downward?

Hm..?

Dökkálfar acolyte robes were by no means flimsy or, by extension, particularly flammable. And Cal was no mere acolyte. And yet... Lo and behold... His eyes did spy a tiny, flickering flame licking at the hem of his obsidian raiment.

Cha'kohk dos ulu alantha!

His broodmare would have blanched had she heard the ease with which such vitriol passed between his curled lips. And yet... Justified. Dökkálfar robes were ornate, finely-crafted, and suitable for both travel and prayer... Cal remembered clearly the day he'd been bestowed with his robes, a sign of his faith and dedication to the Dark Pantheon. And now his was burning. One of the few remaining vestiges of his past life was literally going up in smoke before his very eyes.

A frantic gleam in his eye, Cal stamped awkwardly at the burgeoning flame with his foot. Unceremonious. Undignified. Terrified. He stamped and stamped until he was sure that all the lingering embers had been snuffed out, then took a brief, haggard breath. Not long after that, Cal's gaze landed on Ziggy. 'Ziggy'? That was this creature's name... He took one unsteady step towards him, reaching one hand into the long fold of his robe's sleeve, as though in search of something sharp and deadly to grasp onto.

Miserable wretch! Do you know know what it is you've done?

Anne Boolean Anne Boolean

The half-cobold was pulled away from his excited calls to his teacher when someone else approached him. He recognized him as the dark elf he had seen earlier but hadn't really had a chance to talk with. His words confused Ziggy. They, along with his tone, were harsh, but as for the context he was referring to, he couldn't remember anything negative he had done. The most notable thing as of late was igniting the leaf on fire, which of course was absolutely amazing with no harmful effects on anyone at all! Clearly that meant this man wanted to praise him.

"Yes! Yes I do!" Ziggy said, smiling happily and he continued to wag his tail. "I couldn't make the leaf levitate, but I set it on fire! Anija said that was amazing as well! It means I really can be a great mage!"

Interactions:
Calocis ( Elenion Aura Elenion Aura )

Once her trunk was grounded and placed to the side, she made sure that the lock was fastened upon it before she walks elsewhere. She looked around, unsure what to do or how to be helpful. Everyone seemed to have found their place amongst the company so far. Everyone found those that they clicked with. She, however, just stood to the side, watching as people conversed and new bonds were made. She did not entirely mind keeping to herself, it was actually rather normal. As an assassin, keeping friendships was not something she was almost ever able to do. Even if she did have time to meet new people, none would remain at her side due to her succubus heritage.

It was a toxic curse, her blood. The allure of her flesh. Once people realized that she had that aura about her, they thought her a vile creature that was only pulling on the strings of the consciousness of others, but that couldn't be further from the truth. She could not control the power that toils within her. It was a hex placed upon her by her father after her birth. She was glad not to know who her father was, because she knew that if she was familiar with him she would hold only resentment. Nonetheless, seeing other people happy made her happy. She tugs at the long sleeves of her tunic, making sure that her arms are fully covered aside from her overly delicate looking hands.

Stretching and working out the exhaustion from her bones some more, she decides to take a seat upon her trunk, still looking around for possible chores. Didn't want to feel useless in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back