• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy World of Ardun - Interest + Lore

What are you?

• Lawful

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Neutral

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Chaotic (pew pew pew)

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

Cocolamoco

*Ahem* This is a fantasy world. You can do fantasy things in it. And be a fantasy person.
Okay fine here's an actual run-down of what this RP's all about :P

1517237314213.png

Ardun is a world that breaks the limitations of reality. Running from the very core of this planet is a powerful essence known as 'Mana'.
Mana can be found almost everywhere in the planet, from tiny particles in the air, to crystallised lumps of rocks underground.
However, the purest form of mana is found in life. Living organisms are created with mana already presiding within them.
Humans, Elves, Nymphs and such are able to bend mana into physical forms to assist them in stuff (aka having powers)
Plants, animals and all forms of creatures presiding in this world rely on mana to survive.

So now that we've established the very basis of the world, here's the conflict!
Mana is disappearing. It's not like the world is dying, but the very essence of life is vanishing from small areas throughout the world.
Regions affected by this, known as 'voids', contain no life whatsoever and if anyone dares to enter one... they die instantaneously.
The reason for this is unknown but some believe there is a deliberate cause to this phenomenon.
Voids are so far small and few, however they are gradually increasing.

So that's that! Now here's where you come in! This calamity ain't going anywhere, so some poor individual (or bunch of individuals) is gonna have to deal with it.
You can choose to save the world and stop the spread of destruction earning the title of a hero!
Or not. If you don't care about the billions of lives on the line.. you could always just have fun doing quests, getting gold and lazing about in a beautiful world!

(so this is my first time creating an RP... let's hope this won't turn out to be a train wreck Dx)
Go ahead and ask me for the deets and declare if you're interested! Also state what power you'd like to have just so I know it's not super OP or anything.
I'm okay with pretty much everything but things like time powers may need restrictions so they aren't crazy powerful!

Last edited:
Hello there!
What sort of races will be permitted? Are they all humanoid? Are there special races you've made up?

Oh right! Races like Humans, Elves, half-cat people, half-fish people, Nymphs, and more common fantasy types are fine. So long as it's mostly humanoid it should be okay. If you have a suggestion for your own kinda race, like let's say a plant person or something, go ahead and jot it down. I'll probably accept it!

Also, I'm cool with artificial life as well. Aka, anything that doesn't use mana, like Androids. The only draw back is that.. they can't use mana.. so no powers? But you're free to come up with an alternative to magic so long as it's within reason.

Huh, unexpected but I think that's okay? I should mention that as this world relies so heavily on mana they're a little behind on technology.
And by behind I mean there isn't any.
Being Frankenstein's monster is still fine though. The only issue is that since there isn't a more stable source of electricity to draw from, it'll be a less reliable power.

The monster wasn't really created scientifically. If anything his actual origin in Mary Shelley's fiction is pretty mystical. It would be more like a monster created by necromancy.

Because back in that day freaking alchemy was considered science but it's not. In fact, Victor even intimates that he has been bestowed with the power of animation. It's only until later that people portray the creation as being so logical when they bastardized her IP.

So having electricity for a power is kind of a joke on my part because the original text doesn't even mention electricity.

I suppose that's true. I guess I kinda categorised Frankenstein's monster as an artificial lifeform, so I assumed he wouldn't be able to use mana.
Buuuuuut if you're saying he was somehow fused with mana during creation (which is supposedly impossible but I'll accept it!) then you can in fact give him a power.

Edit: okay so the thing under my name keeps changing and I don't know why >.<

I knew I was forgetting something!
Also since there's a decent amount of people here already I'll go ahead and make a CS thingu.
In the mean time, go ahead and tell me about your characters abilities and races!

Cool. Her name's Alanna Jax, and she's a dragon. Sort of. She looks human, except she has dragon eyes that glow, scales that run from her neck to her elbows, and she can shapeshift into a dragon. Unfortunately, she can't control when she shapeshifts into a dragon, and if she is forced to shift then she rarely has control over her actions. She becomes a terrible beast, filled with bloodlust. It ends after a few hours (a day at most) but because of it Alanna has taken to living on her own in order to not harm anyone. She can change at will, but is terrified of losing control if she does.

Is that okay?

Sounds okay, my only issue is that it'll be hard for your character to really hang out and fight with other characters normally (what with that death flag hanging over their heads)
If you want to stick with your original then I'm fine with that since it technically doesn't break any rules.
But I'd suggest making things easier on your character like giving her a weaker power related to her shifted form that she can use on a more regular basis and make her dragon shifting less frequent.

Id do either a celestial wizard, witchhunter, greatsword wielding soldier, a dwarf ranger, or a greenskin. Though, I want to see the composition first of our group.

Interested!
Though I'd like to read some more lore about the place... like the places there are, politics maybe, structure of society, relationship between races, and such :3

but surely you can count me in!

Hmmmm. Okay I'll try and piece together some sort of world building xD

*ahem* The world is of course inhabited by sentient beings who each grouped up together to create their own civilisations in different parts of the world. Over time, these beings - humans, dwarves, elves, orcs, nymphs, and so on - decided to migrate around Ardun for trade, education, work, etc. Of course some of these beings got along well while others... not so much. While you'll still find a large diversity in most regions of the world, people (i'm using this word loosely so i don't have to keep saying 'sentient beings') tend to cluster in their original environments as those are most preferable for adaptation.
Humans get along best with Dwarves, Elves get along best with Nymphs, Orcs and Genasi tend to stay solitary. (keep in mind this is mostly politically speaking)
Humans originated in a region known as Mordain
Dwarves originated in a region known as Oridan
Elves originated in a region known as Urala
Nymphs originated in a region known as Tantalin
Genasi originated in a small region known as Yule

Last edited:
I’m really interested! I’m thinking about a human elemental? Either air or water i’m not sure yet.
Whichever element you pick I think the creature you're talking may be a Nymph (a creature that looks humanoid but has a strong affinity towards an element). Unless you want the character to be like a human-nymph hybrid?

Whichever element you pick I think the creature you're talking may be a Nymph (a creature that looks humanoid but has a strong affinity towards an element). Unless you want the character to be like a human-nymph hybrid?
Well no I was talking about a human elemental like a genasi kindaaaaa? but just a human with powers for one element, but if being a nymph fits the story better then that’s fine w me

arryn arryn Actually I can add that, they sorta seem Nymph-ey - just waaay more extreme.

Since Genasi seem pretty ethereal they can be a less common race originating from a mystical land! That's kinda the impression I got at least.

Also for those of you that missed it - The character sheets are here

Cypheroli Cypheroli sorry to see you leave but thanks for the heads up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back