World Building World Building Group 2.0

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello everyone! I'll be keeping things simple this time, seeing as how it is just rebooting something I did before, given it was requested. (You can find a more flamboyant introduction here: World Building - Pure Worldbuilding Group (Discord) (name subject to changing) ).

This thread is about making a discord-based worldbuilding group. In this group the goal is to help each other develop, discuss and share our individual worlds and creations. That said, this time around I'll be approaching it a little differently:

Last time, the problem I didn't immediately realize is that most people just aren't that interest in other people's work. Even when someone did talk, it was either off topic or only about their own thing, which isn't healthy for a group like this. As such, this time around we'll have and additional rule:

1.Membership in the group has the sole requirements of contribution and common decency. So, if you are active and participate not just with your own stuff, but in helping others develop their own content as well, and if you are someone who is generally nice and doesn't disrupt the group too much, you're good. I will be judge jury and executioner when it comes to this.

Of course, there's no point to this if you don't enjoy it. So if don't think you can bring yourself to care about the creations of others, I wouldn't recommend trying to join. Even if only two, one or hell, even if no one joins because of this, the group would be a waste if people aren't willing to contribute to each other's work anyway.

With those being the conditions, I will soon make the group and leave the link below.. To make sure the rule is kept, and for those who are unsure to be able to live up to it, starting monday thursday those who join the group are not allowed to bring their own worlds to the discussion unprompted for the first week within the group.

See you around!

EDIT: Link here Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Last edited:
Alright. The first few to enter will not have to undergo the rule about a week wihtout discussing their own worlds (since that just wouldn't be pratical). That rule will start two days after I put up the discord link, which I will do when I get one more officially interested person.

NOTE: Due to new rules, the discord link had to be taken down. Please post to join the PM with the new link!

In addition, we will start with a vote regarding the worldbuilding channel! We can
A) Keep the channel divided by genre
or
B) Divide the channel by topics instead (armies, magic/tech, places, etc...)

Please make your vote in the voting channel on the discord!

PS: After thursday, the one week rule will begin to apply

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back