Poetry Words.

Arkaeis

I'm not great at poetry but I am still am finding it to be a useful outlet. I plan on posting what I want of it here. Feel free to comment, critique or whatever else.

Last edited:
Its like being cast out upon the void, stuck some place between the roar of the sea. Gale winds raging high, as you spin and tumble tossed from the rage of the waves. Your mind gets caught and days pass you by, disoriented as you don't know from where the next wave will break. The cold eats at the marrow of your bones, and slowly you feel your mind slipping away; but as you stay there skin battered but spirit unbroken. You cling to whatever is there to keep you from the deep. Anger and regret and sorrow dwell there just below the surface, but your tired limbs ignore the pain and from one day to the next one thought perpetuates across the expanse of your mind.. just a little while longer, just one more second, one more minute, one more day.. just keep going a little while longer.

And on that day when your feet finally drift to the shore you're tired and battered but some how stronger because you've survived and learned, not to fear the storm.

With swollen hands and a bruised ego we write our worries away, in a world so wild, so full of trouble we color the blue skies gray.

Block out the sun, let it not shine, on the faces of those who prey. They fooled us once those sheepish wolves, but left when our dreams were slain.

Last edited:
There is a sadness embedded deep within my soul,
it colors my decisions in ways you'll never know.
With a sheet stretched out over the sky, birthed from far below.
Like a sliver it sends a shiver, straight down through my core.
For when I see your face, in your eyes all I see is betrayal.
So cut me deep, and let me sleep with a madness all my own.

In the light we wade through day, swimming the tides lost along the way.

Through marrows of time we fade the same, finding ourselves on sands now changed.

We are the reflection we hold up to ourselves, in the mirror of life may we find someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back