• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Woodhurst Chat

RP Page I made this last night but as I said in the other thread I'm rethinking the whole demon thing.

I am limiting the powers. I had it written out last night but left my laptop open....niece got on it and, well, it's gone. As I told Talon, any interactions with a demon would make your witch into a warlock because that's messing with the dark. Witches and warlocks are not gender specific but evil/good specific. I'm going to make an OOC so we can move there. I'll start typing the stuff up again. The power part was something like ages 5-11 = 1 power, 12-19 = 2 powers, 20+ = 3 powers. I'm doing it this way because I don't want a shitload of teens in the RP and I know people want more powers. I want characters of all ages. The way powers will work in this RP is that witches will need to work to hone their skills and abilities. Use it or lose it. I'm thinking that warlocks will do the same but they will be able to broker with demons for powers. Thing is, when i started this I wanted demons to not be in the world yet. My character and a sibling or friend were going to bring it over but there is so much interest in the demons that I'm having second thoughts. About everything demon. Anyway, here's the [/URL]character chat.

I like the idea of demon's becoming more prevalent. Maybe consider having great demon's able to make it part-way to our world to commune with Warlocks and to work through them, but more recently your characters have made a mistake that would allow demon's to cross completely. If someone wants to be able to summon demons, they can learn it early on when your character creates the (metaphorical) bridge.

I'd like to make a character who's powers stem from a demon.

I do like that suggestion. In the stuff I'm working on there is a 'Broker' who obtains powers from demons.

Aww so the girl from the cult thing that I was thinking.... wait, it might work.
I'm thinking a female that plays tarot (maybe a little modication in future) that will become the Warlock when she reach...16?18? A certain age.

And she would be shortly before or after the ritual of the pact with demon.

Her evil comes mainly from the influence of family, tradition and demon, but perhaps not too evil in nature. Is that okay for a warlock?

Osthavula Osthavula They can be, yes. The medium, witch doctor stuff is just to give people ideas of what kind of witches and warlocks are out there. I think all warlocks start out as witches. So, I think they can be anything really. A gypsy siren witch/warlock. I believe it also falls on which attributes you've assigned your character too.

I'm thinking about creating a NPC witch who will leave some item for characters to find. It'll grant the character an additional power.

Yeah, that's an interesting thought. Having things as hobbies rather than powers.
It's the matter of just using tarots as predicting the future (which let's face it, hard to work in a rp without god-modding) or adding additional power to it. I can think of at least two cards added into the stack if it is used for power. One demon card, and one is a dupe and it meant 'it is not the time for tarot, rest for a day' something like that.

Osthavula Osthavula Originally I was only going to have a few powers but I found a few websites with a bunch of witch/warlock stuff on it. It gave me ideas for so many characters. I'm just hoping people will not god-mod.

Osthavula Osthavula Originally I was only going to have a few powers but I found a few websites with a bunch of witch/warlock stuff on it. It gave me ideas for so many characters. I'm just hoping people will not god-mod.
it is to be avoid. Hence why I see the problem in tarot. But then again I can make it so vague that people can decide whether or not they want to use it as an influencing factor.

Like for example my character can present you the card. Your character can run into something later and say, oh okay, so that's what the card meant.
And you can also have your character say that nothing seemed to have happened, and my character said 'I have no idea. The cards says what it wish to say, be it truth or not. '

In the FAQ, I don't see a description for witch doctor or psychic. :( I dunno if its cause of my computer or not. Is it there and I just cannot see it?

ashenseraph ashenseraph Your computer is fine. I haven't finished it. I just put it up for people to give feedback, see what I have so far (trying to prove I'm not lazing about) and create characters if they want.

Osthavula Osthavula True, but you can also have that work for the plot. Just advertise in chat you're willing to give readings to further someone's storyline.

I do love when people create their own mini plots. <3

Is there going to be a preliminary plot that we will be able to help form our characters around? If so, that would be a good addition to that page

ashenseraph ashenseraph Well, in the RP page I wrote a little something that will probably be changed. So far, my character and a sibling or friend will unleash a demon and from there.... I'll have to think of something.

Also! Looking for someone to be that friend/sibling.

taliaangeni taliaangeni I like the listed tools and powers They give enough breadth so that no two characters have to be exactly alike. A couple of suggestions I have would be maybe adding Electrokinesis, Chlorokinesis, and Atmokinesis to round out the elemental/nature oriented abilities. And to balance it you can have it where if you choose more than one "natural affinity" one becomes your primary and the second is more passive requiring more concentration and being less effective. So say a witch that chooses Aerokinesis and Hydrokinesis which ever they take as their main is the one that they can use to create huge effects and for offense the other would be more useful for utility effects.

I also had a thought for a gift called Beastspeak. For wishes that want to be able to speak with more animals than just their familiar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back