• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
"Interpret...it's kind of how you feel about the music. What you think the song means to you." She smiled when she heard that he liked it, at least that's what she thinked she heard. She glanced at the phone pulling her hand away from him noticing he seemed a bit awkward with her touching him. She listened to the song for a moment before nodding. "Yup, music can sound like anything. Depending on the person though, what music is differs from person to person."

She giggled a bit as she began tapping her foot to the beat. "The song before, Für Elise, is a piano song. At least the version I have. This song is called Bouree, and it's played of gituar. Both of those instruments are really popular." She smiled at how interested he was in music. "You seem to love music a lot. But everyone loves some kind of music. I'm glad you enjoy some of the songs I like. There's different types of music, do you wanna hear a different kind?" She quickly began scrolling through the phone and stopped on Michael Jackson's Beat it and played it.

Last edited:
Kaigen jumped a little bit at these new style of music. It was very different, his head tilted to right and his eyes flashed brilliant green for only a moment. He seemed very confused by the singing, it seemed to catch him off guard. He listened very closely to the words and nodded his head lightly at the line 'Your playing with your life, this ain't no truth or dare. They'll kick you then beat you and tell you it's fair.' He'd lived that part. That had been his life up until a month ago. "This one seems to know what it was like back at the pit..." He said softly and shivered again, shaking off the bad memories. "Do people live the same as me?" He asked turning to look at Luna with sad and questioning eyes.

Luna looked at Kaigen and sighed a bit while nodding. "I haven't seen anything like that first hand, but there are some really bad people in the world. And they just do those kind of things to other people. Whether it be for money, power, or both." Luna crossed her arms and looked down at the ground. "A lot of music is written by people who had suffered through a lot of bad things. Music is one of the best ways to express yourself, whether it be for happy reasons or sad reasons, that's why people like it so much." She laughed a bit sheepishly and rubbed her head still listening to the song.

"That's how you're different..." Kaigen said gently tilting his head downward trying to look at her face again. "You aren't broken." He said softly, and put her phone down on the ground and leaned in closer to her. "I tried to keep the pups safe, so they could be like you. I got in a lot of trouble..." He shivered again harder than before and looked up towards the door, it looked like he was listening closely. "I think they're still good... I don't think they broke 'em or hurt them." He tilted his head to the left still listening closely for something.

Luna looked up and over at Kaigen before nodding. "Not broken...?" She rubbed her head. "I guess I've been fortunate enough to live an almost trouble free life." She glanced over at the door as well. "If you mean the pups out at the front of the shelter...then I think they're good. The seemed to be happy and enjoying themselves out there. So I think you did a good job." She looked at him and smiled a little with a bit of hope in her eyes. "Do you think broken people can be fixed?" She asked while pushing a bit of hair out her face.

Kaigen tilted his head to the left like he was still listening. "I wouldn't let anyone touch 'em... They got mad at me but I wouldn't move. They told me they were going to kill me, I still wouldn't move. I held them tightly and kept them covered. I wouldn't let the men take them..." He turned to look at her a small hint of a smile on his face when she basically called him a good boy. He blinked at her for a moment at her question though. It wasn't something he'd thought about before. "They used to say you can't fix stupid... But no one ever said anything about broken." He raised his left arm in a little shrug and leaned back on the wall, he slowly stretched his legs out on the floor in front of him, he had a pair of hiking boots tied on his feet, it was something the shelter had given him. He lightly tapped the toes together, they made a dull thud noise. This was the first time he'd taken a relaxed pose with anyone.

Luna nodded at Kaigen. "It seems you went through a lot to protect those little pups." She watched him get into a more comfortable position before getting into one herself. She slid down the wall a bit and folded her legs before stretching her arms out and picking up her phone. She put it back into her pocket and looked at Kaigen tapping her cheek a bit. "What would you wanna do? If you could leave the shelter and do whatever you want? No one would hurt you or try to do anything." Luna crossed her arms for a moment thinking about what she would do herself. "If it were me...I'd probably want to travel the whole world!" She laughed a bit and placed her hands on the ground.

Kaigen looked at his boots with a puzzled look, he tapped the toes of his boots together again as he thought for a long moment. "I like that sound you make, it's warm like sunlight." He said blushing very lightly, he meant her laughing. He'd heard laughing before but it was different, it was dark and haunting. Like when Reska laughed about killing him... But her laughter was a friendly sound that made him feel warm and happy inside. "I've never thought of what I could do... I always thought I would stay there... Die there. I don't know what I would do now..."

Luna looked at Kaigen a bit confusedly. "What sound? You mean my laughing?" She said scratching her head a bit sheepishly. "Thanks for thinking so." She replied a bit shyly as she smiled at him. However her smile dropped hearing that he had no goals or dreams currently. "There's nothing you can think of...?" Luna asked a bit sadly as she began tapping the heel of her foot on the ground. "Do you like the shelter? It's probably better than where you lived before...but it still doesn't seem that great." Luna sighed a bit not really knowing where she was trying to go with this.

After about a minute of her staring off into space thinking about what she wanted to say next, she slowly turned to Kaigen fiddling her thumbs a bit nervously. "Um...if you want. Maybe you could come live with me...? Only if you want to of course. You could listen to music all day and no one would try to hurt you. Then maybe you can find something you wanna try and do." She said with a little smile. She honestly doesn't think he'll agree with her so quickly, but it's an idea to get him thinking about till he's ready to leave the shelter.

Kaigen froze at her question, he didn't even blink as he stared down at his boots. Slowly he pulled his legs up and rested his arms on top of his knees and turned his head to look at Luna and he let his head fall forward slowly, resting on top of his arms. "What do you mean... Live with you?" He asked softly, he'd only ever known two worlds, the fighting pits and the shelter. What could her world be like..? He didn't seem scared or nervous, he just had a confused and curious look. "What-what's it like..? Where you live..?" He asked slowly getting more shy, his purple eyes seemed to darken as his cheeks started to show a light pink flush.

Luna stared at Kaigen as he looked almost frozen. She rubbed her head a bit awkwardly as he reclined into himself and looked over at her. She didn't fully understand his question. She tried to answer his questions as literal as she could. "Um...well first you would leave this place and come with me to my home....and as for what my place is like..."

She paused for a moment trying to think of how to describe it. "Well...it's really quiet and peaceful first off. The people who live in my neighborhood are all fairly nice. I uh actually don't know them too well, but they won't bother us as long as we don't bother them. It's also really bright in my apartment and there's tons of different food and I play music like you heard on my phone all the time." She responded smiling at him. She wondered if there was anything else she was missing. "Is there anything else you wanna know about my place?" She asked tapping the ground with her hands.

Kaigen turned to put his chin on his arms now and stared at the wall for a long moment thinking silently. His eyes had started to shift to their bright green color as he thought. "Why do you want me?" When his eyes changed his voice and body langue changed too, it held confidence and his shoulders straightened. The wolf was as it should be, a strong personality. He turned his head and sat up straighter looking at Luna again. "Why would you want a runt?" He asked again tilting his head to the left a little, his now brilliant green eyes shining as he stared into Luna's. He wasn't trying to be intimidating, he was simply trying to get a read on this person, she seemed so strange to him. She was unlike any person he'd ever met before.

Luna watched at Kaigen as he stared at the wall. She figured that he was really thinking about what to wanted do, and saying as he never seemed to live in an actual home he was probably a bit hesitant. She watched as he sat up much straighter position than she had been in before. As he stared at her with his bright green eyes along with speaking in a much more confident tone, she couldn't help but be a bit intimated by him.

"Well, after talking with you for a bit, and learning a bit about you, I wanna help you out. And I think the first and best way to start is by letting you live in a better environment. No yelling, abuse, harassment, or anything like that. Then you can focus on learning about yourself rather than struggling to survive. Plus! I may have taken a bit of a liking to you." She said with a sheepish laugh before smiling at him. She really did mean what she said, and she also believed he was a lot easier to manage compared to the other wolves.

"Are... Are you scared of me?" Kaigen asked with a light smirk, his green eyes still shining as he scanned her face. "Most people aren't scared of wolves." He said softly, he slowly reached up like he was going to touch her face but he paused and stopped before he actually touched her. "You're kind, wouldn't you want a pup? Higher energy, happy personality, not yet broken or scared?" His hand was still hovering just a breath away from touching her cheek. "Haven't you heard what happens to little girls when they're left alone with big bad wolves?" He teased with a smirk, he wasn't sure he could trust her. He'd heard and even been given so many empty promises and what she was saying sounded just like that. Something so wonderful and great that it couldn't be real. His wolf side was more guarded than he let on, his self defense was to try and be intimidating even though he was a runt, he had grown up in a fight or die situation his entire life and he was still alive.

Luna's face flushed a light pink before turning away a bit embarrassed as he seemed to have noticed her being intimidated. "I'm not scared....just intimated." She protested. "It doesn't take much to intimidate a small gal like me." She said with a chuckle before looking back at Kaigen. She watched as his hand moved closer to her face listening to him talk. "Well...while they are really cute and hyper, I don't think they would be happy at my house. They seem too young to handle themselves and there are times when I have to be away from home for a long tines during the day. I won't be able to care for them as much as I want. But you and some of the older wolves out there should be able to care for yourselves during my absence." She responded with a smile still glancing at the closeness of his hand.

Luna frowned a bit at his teasing but followed it with a quiet giggle. "I've heard plenty of stories like that. And while you may be big...ger than me, I don't think you're bad." She said with a firm nod and waved her finger around in approval. Luna was kinda surprised by Kaigen's sudden change in personality. She kinda had a feeling he was bluffing and joking with what he said, but those were some bold claims compared to how he spoke before. She wondered if he was stronger than he was letting on, or if he was just putting up an act to try and scare her off.

"You're odd duck..." Kaigen said softly and he tugged gently on her bangs before he smiled then let his hand drop down to the floor between them. He was tilting his head to the side still studying her face. He'd never met someone like her before and he was trying to figure out just what it was that made her so different. He was confused by her words, he was told his entire life he was good for nothing and that he'd be better off dead. A waste of space, that's what Runts were. No more useful than a hole in the head.

Kaigen could feel anger start to boil up inside of himself as he thought about his life in the pits and absentmindedly he reached up and touched the thick white scar around his neck where the silver collar, he'd been forced to wear his whole life, used the bite into him and burn his very flesh constantly. "You should look at the older ones, they're more suited to your needs. I was raised fighting, some part of that will always be inside of me. You think the weakling inside is some good little cuddly pup, he's not. He's just scared and is trying to not be hurt, but the fighter is here too and he has killed." He said darkly his eyes seemed to be burning brightly, the green seemed to give off a glow.

Luna laughed a little at being called an odd duck and having her hair being pulled a little. When his hand dropped to the ground she looked at Kaigen a bit confused. She turned forward for a moment before looking back at him. He was still staring at her not saying anything. Luna stared back at him wondering is she should say something or do something, but she decided to just let him think to himself.

She turned away a bit still watching the wolf from the corner of her eye. She glanced over at him as he moved his hand to touch the scar surrounding his neck. She listened to what he told her and she gave a firm nod. She knew that there had to be a reason he was back here instead of out there with the other pups and older wolves. She didn't believe that he was kept here simply because he was scared or too quiet.

"I know you aren't like the wolves out there. The one's who are nice and caring and all the other things that attract people to them. Cause if you were you would be out there with them right now." She gave a small frown. "The life you lived was probably absolutely terrible and in turn has made you do terrible things...such as killing." She fiddled her fingers as she thought about what he might've have to live through.

"Call me stupid or ignorant, but I believe that people can change from who they used to be. Under different circumstances I'm sure you or any of these wolves stuck in these kennels can change for the better." She said a bit of a hopeful look in her eyes before letting out a hard sigh. She's been told many times that she views the world in a light it doesn't deserve. And that her outlook of the world was what's going to get her killed. She knew they were right, but she couldn't help but remain optimistic. She turned back to Kaigen and stared at his bright green eyes.

"Those older wolves are most likely going to be adopted and taken to a happy home of their own. But what about you? I'm willing to accept what I'm getting myself into by doing this...but it's okay with me. If it's okay with you." She spoke in a serious tone with a determined look on her face. This was what she wanted to do and she was going to stick with it.

Kaigen snorted, it was the closest sound to a laugh to leave him and he shook himself gently. "You got spirit little Ducky..." He tilted his head to the right with a small smile. "I like that." He said with a gentle nod then he turned to look at the kennel's doorway. He moved to sit on his knees and while it looked like a submissive pose it was one where he could jump to his feet in an instant. Even though it didn't look like it, every move that the runt made was thought out and purposeful. Years of learning to be quick and now become second nature to him, weather he be the wolf or boy.

"What happens if this all goes badly? Do I come back here or would I be sent somewhere else..?" His voice had softened and his eyes had started to fade back to their deep violet color, the wolf had served it's purpose and was happy with her answers.

Luna huffed a bit at the new nickname the young wolf had seemed to give her. She didn't mind the name really she had just never been called a duck before. She watched Kaigen's eyes turn back to their darker purple while sitting on his knees.

Luna didn't move from her sitting position but turned to glance at the doorway as well as she thought about about his question. "Well...if things were to ever did get that bad...then I would think the safest thing for you would be to come back here. I don't think you would go anywhere else." She answered.

"You could also live out on your own? But that actually might end pretty badly depending on who you run into." She sighed a bit thinking of the many terrible things that could go wrong should he actually live on his own.

Kaigen tilted his head to the side softly as he stared at the doorway. He started messing with the frayed hem of his jeans, he was mulling over the idea. She spoke about her place like it was a dream he'd never dared even imagine could be possible. As he sat there quietly thinking about what he wanted to do, he realized he had an actual choice now. He'd been told that he could make choices now when he was brought to the shelter but he couldn't understand that... It'd only been a handful of weeks of him being here, most of his injuries had healed, just a few bruises remained now. It felt like his old life was fading away with those bruises.
"Do you really want to try this?" He asked softly, tugging gentle on the loose strands of the frayed fabric on his jeans hem. He had a kind of nervous excitement bubbling up inside him now. He felt like he run forever, he had an energy about him now that he'd never felt before.

Luna's mind quickly snapped from her little bit of sulking before looking at Kaigen with a bit of a sparkle of excitement in her eyes as she stared at Kaigen. She nodded quickly to his question being being one hundred percent committed to doing this. "I am very much sure about doing this Kaigen. All that's left is if you're sure you wanna do this." She said with a happy smile on her face. She was very excited that he seemed to want to actually try this out. Luna can admit that at had been feeling a bit lonely ever since she moved out of her parents house. So she was happy to have some sort of a roommate to keep her company when she was home by herself. She thought that this might actually be as beneficial to her as it would be to Kaigen. She contuined to smile at Kaigen waiting for his answer a bit anxiously as she shuffled around on her seat on the ground.

Kaigen nodded his head slowly, his nervous energy was trying to bubble over inside of him. He'd never felt like this before, it felt like his chest might just burst. But it was a good feeling, not like the last time he'd thought his chest might burst... "Yes, I'd like that." He said softly.

"Everything alright in here?" The woman who ran the shelter had made her way back inside and noticed the door to Kaigen's kennel was still open, so she decided to stop by and check in. She had a light smile on her face as she saw how the two seemed to be comfortable with each other. In the few weeks that the runt had been here he hadn't been this comfortable with anyone, not even by himself.

"I-" Kaigen got a little bit shy again in front of the owner of the shelter, but he wanted to try and be more confident. "I want to go with, Luna..." He said softly looking at Luna as if to check that he was in fact going to be able to go home with her. He was tugging on the frayed hem of his jeans, his excitement by the dream world outside of the shelter and nervous that it was in fact that-just a dream.

Luna had a childish grin on her face as Kaigen agreed to go with her. She felt a huge sense of relief fall on her shoulders hearing that she didn't get rejected by the wolf.

Luna quickly turned her head towards the door hearing the lady from before come in. She looked up at her and smiled before nodding a yes to her. "Everything is a-okay in here." She chirped before turning to Kaigen seeing that he's seemed to become a bit shy and nervous at the sight of the other woman.

Luna gave a nod at Kaigen as he turned to her seeming to look for some type of confirmation for what he said. She slowly got off the ground and stood up before walking towards the owner. "Yes, I'd like to adopt Kaigen over here, miss." She spoke with a smile motioning towards Kaigen.

The woman seemed surprised and she blinked for a moment before she finally spoke. "You're sure?" She asked in a gentle tone. "I mean, he's a fairly special case, are you sure you want to take on such a task as raising and caring for him?" She wasn't trying to talk the girl, Luna, out of it she just wanted to protect both her and Kaigen. "He isn't a flight risk but we haven't been able to gauge his reactions, there's a chance that he might be aggressive." The woman tried to explain watching as Kaigen dropped his head to look down at the floor, like he was being scolded for doing something wrong. "I just want to make sure you know what you're signing up for with taking in a Wolf from that kind of background."

Luna listened to the woman. She of course knew what she was getting into taking Kaigen in but she had already committed to the idea she looked back at Kaigen then back at the owner. "I'm completely aware with what I'm getting into miss. And I'm okay with it. I'll work my hardest to make sure that this works out and benefits the both of us." She gave a firm nod and followed behind it with a determined smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back