• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Wohlodt - Lands of the Weisse

EredtOgon

Welcome!!!

The Wohlodt is an earth like planet, about 20% larger in mass, and 40% richer in natural resources and minerals, and WAAAY more mountainous. Really, it would be ideal to live in, except for the weather: Only the equatorial and subtropical regions are warm enough for temperate climates. Should any band of adventurers travel further north than that, they would be greeted only by endless frozen tundra and mountainous wastes.

Yet that's not to say that there are no rewards to those who venture outside the thin band of "The Green Lands", as they are called. This is because giant bunkers of steel and concrete, structured from a bygone era, litter the vast mountains. And for those with enough nerve to brave the freezing "Lands of the Weisse," the rewards in plundered treasure can be great...

But so to can be the punishments. The lands around the equator are green and loving. But the lands of the north and the south are far less forgiving. For they are known as...

Wohlodt - Lands of the Weisse

In this RP, you play as an individual from one of 5 races on the planet of 'Wohlodt', which used to be a frontier outpost planet under the jurisdiction of a long forgotten interplanetary civilization. Remnants of that mighty technological past remain within the cultures and scattered within the lands of the Wohlodt. Some interesting highlights include:

• Planetwide UHF Intranet - The entire planet is dotted with structure's known as 'terminal stations'. These stations connect to a vast UHF internet system that still remains fully functional thanks to geothermal and nuclear power stations located deep underneath the mountainous terrain. To those who can access them, interesting secrets may reveal themselves. :3
  • Aviation! - The extremely mountainous terrain has ensured the survival of aviation and areonautics technology, and as such, there is plethora of different aircraft for players to operate! Military helicopters, biplanes, propellor planes, seaplanes, and more! Granted, the more technologically advanced aircraft, like Jets and spacefaring craft, are no longer in production. But for those willing to brave the extreme climates of the north and south... well, more than just a few large military bunkers of goodies are out there. :D
  • Locomotives! - Yes, we have trains, folks! Complete with high tech grand central stations that put even our own wild accommodations to shame. We've got big ones, we've got wide ones. We have Maglevs, multi-track cars! (Oh yes!!! You have to seee some of these babies!) We even have trains with fully functional helipads on top of them! Yeah, babieeee!!!
Of course, a planet this cool has to have a catch, and the Wohlodt is no exception, sadly. For those foolish enough to venture too far from civilized areas, we have some tasty little treats for you. Treats like...

• Giant Spiders - The old planetary civilization fell apart to civil war, and unfortunately this means lots of biological weapons and radiation were involved. The mountainous areas made perfect homes for these mutated monstrosities. They are intelligent, thankfully, and do enjoy company for afternoon tea... so long as you bring food. You know... other than yourself. Gulp.
  • Intelligent Wolves! - No, not the kind that speak and have honor and help you defeat the frost queen of the north. It seems the military heads at the time had invested major buku bucks in grafting cyberized killer a.i. onto biological systems... Basically, wolf terminators. They hunt. That's what they do. That's ALL THEY DO. God help us... D:
  • Zombies!!! - Albeit, not of the walking dead variety. They wear suits. And they talk like 1930's gangsters. Real classy fellows, actually. Though it's a shame about the whole, you know... eating people, thing. Blech.
  • A host of other interesting and totally creative/well thought out monsters! - Yep yep. I've totally thought of them. I'm just not telling you right now. Why? Because I say so. That's why. Sheesh... so paranoid.
Now, I know what you're thinking: All right, Druidpeter, sounds like a swell time. What's the quest?

Why, I'm glad you asked. In truth, that's up to you guys. I'm looking for 10 players willing to participate over the summer. I will have multiple quests ready for you, but it's up to you guys just how much you want to progress in them. If you want to go balls to the wall and complete the main story line, I'm game. If you just want to dick around and wander to different places and poke things with sticks that you really shouldn't be poking, I will have enough content to cover that, as well.

I haven't gotten all the fine details sorted out quite yet, but here are some other things I want to include:

• Dice Mechanics. - They will be simple and very loose. Your characters will have full access to all perks, levels, abilities, etc. Want to create a level 65 warrior monk from the demon clan of Ashara? Well, outside of some Mod veto privileges, you absolutely can! I will have some requirements, however. Namely, they have to fit at least moderately within the lore of the game world, and all 10 players should have levels within a certain range of each other. No level 2 people going in with level 70, etc. It wouldn't be fair.
  • Fast Pace - It's only over the summer, so we'll be running at a fairly fast clip in order to maximize playtime. Posting order will be rigorously maintained, and players have a 48 hour window before being skipped. Having said that, retroactive posts are allowed, and there are all sorts of interesting mechanics I'd like to try out to ensure the posts keep coming in on schedule.
  • Other stuff - I want to enable Player vs. Player and Player vs. NPC combat. NPC's will also be more strong willed than what is typical. Some NPCs will act as 'plot point' NPCs, and are only allowed to be controlled by the moderator, while others will be 'free use', such that anyone will be able to use them, etc.
In any case, is anyone interested in something like this? I'm looking to officially start the campaign on or around May 15th, and close up the campaign around or by August 12th.

If you are interested, respond with your interest, and I will place your name inside this nifty little form right here:

Current Open Slots for Interested parties:
  1. Yang Xiao Long Yang Xiao Long
  2. N NekoMeow
  3. SecondBreaking SecondBreaking
  4. Empty
  5. Empty
  6. Empty
  7. Empty
  8. Empty
  9. Empty
Thank you for your time! :3D:

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Yes, the RP is still open! I want to thank you guys for showing your interest, Yang Xiao Long Yang Xiao Long , N NekoMeow , and SecondBreaking SecondBreaking . I posted the interest thread very early, as I'm currently in the midst of finals week at my university. I want to see if we can get at least 7 members interested before I open up an OOC thread, so hang tight. :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back