• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Braddington

Based... based on what?

9f751008ed901e43fecd78110fd65a6cc424d0b7_hq.gif
❝ Your Ministry Remains Strong!❞

❝ MISC. ❞

1. The main location of this RP will be at Hogwarts. Though students from other schools are wanted and actively encouraged. The RP begins December 20th 2021, with the reopening of Hogwarts and the start of a grand international tournament

2. We ask that your characters are realistic. Whilst its entirely possible to be a Hermoine, you are all students at the moment, meaning no Dumbledore's if you would.

3. The age bracket for characters will be 18. The final year of schooling. This is just to make sure things are above board and to not make people uncomfortable. Not to mention characters might participate in a rather dangerous tournament. Times have changed since Harry Potter.

4. Each applicant is allowed to make up to 2 Characters.

5. Canon people exist in the world, but cannot be played. Characters will be OC students only. If you wish to be related to a canon character, that is perfectly acceptable within reason. Just as long as it makes sense. The Cursed Child is not canon, so we might even bend the rules on pairings if you so wish.

6. Whilst the main focus of the starting arc will be on the tournament, there will be several arcs over the course of the RP, so there will be plenty for characters to do. We encourage the creation of sub-plots.

7. It will be required that members join the discord, which shall be messaged to them, as it will be the main point of communication of ever changing plots and vital details.

ad1ac8f1c2f242d248651240a14996fe.gif
AdvancedTameChrysalis-small.gif
QpfC.gif

A T.W.I.S.T. In Time

—PREMISE.

December 14th 2021 || 10:00 A.M.
The Daily Prophet

“YOUR MINISTRY REMAINS STRONG!”
A message from the new Minister for Magic -

These words were uttered by your Minister for Magic as he stood against the greatest threat our world has ever faced. I repeat the same sentiment to you now in an effort to quell the dangerous rumours circulating through the owl network. These baseless rumours which proclaim your Ministries demise and bellittlement. They are lies. Lies perpetrated by those who seek to sow disorder where there is none, and to advance themselves to higher stations for which they are woefully ill equipped.

Though you may hear tell of your once-heroes lending credence unto these unfounded-rumours, it has come to Ministries’ attention that many of them are under the influence of an Unforgivable Curse. Remain at rest, knowing that severe-precautions enabling the enduring effectiveness of the Ministry have been placed with expert-expedience. The weaver of this intricate web of deceit remains unknown, but the Ministry will hunt them and the Ministry will prevail. In my newly-elevated role as Minister for Magic, I can assure you of that. Those that desecrate the good, hard earned honour and name of our celebrated saviours have no connection to us and never shall.

Remain calm if you wish to see an end to the chaos that has stifled our institutions. Remain calm if you wish to see those that wish us harm, denied their prize. Remain calm, and provide further credence to the steadfast dignity of Wizarding Britain. Many of you will be questioned in the coming weeks and months. Some of you might even be obstructed. Yet, I will say with absolute confidence that those among you who are innocent will be proclaimed so. Those who hide fear and anger in their hearts will find it rooted out, however, and shown the full power that you, the people, have sown and given me.

To ensure that no undue attention be directed towards you, or your family, a reminder now of the status quo we the Ministry have deigned reasonable to expect of you.

1. First and foremost, education is to proceed as normal. There have been suggestions that Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry be closed for the foreseeable future in order to ensure the safety of staff and students. This would be a most grave error. There is nothing more dangerous than allowing our future to go un-educated on matters which they shall need to survive in cases such as this. Hogwarts will be reopened. Those who do not board the train that leaves tomorrow, shall be investigated for putting themselves and others in undue danger. Punishment shall be assigned accordingly.

1. From now on, at all important areas to the functioning of Wizarding society, a Ministry official shall be appointed to oversee all that which could cause a safety concern. These areas range from the aforementioned Hogwarts, to events such as Quidditch matches. If you own such an area, the refusal to hand over authority to the assigned official shall be treated as a crime comparable to contempt of court.

1. A reminder of the new standards of dress within society. Clothes that have been identified as ‘traditionally’ wizardlike are HENCEFORTH BANNED from all public spaces, both Muggle and Magical. Failure to comply with these new standards will make the perpetrator subject to a fine, and repeat offenders will be tried as if having made themselves guilty of a breach of Statute of Secrecy. This BAN extends to objects identified in the same light - including, but not limited to brooms, owls, cats, potions, tomes of magical learning, parchment and quills for writing. Places that have applied for special exemption from this rule have been accredited - a full list of which may be found at Ministry Offices.

1. Finally, private enterprises such as Ollivanders are to be closed with immediate effect. For all future generations, wands are to be issued ONLY by the Ministry. These wands shall be of no lesser quality, but shall be embedded with a tracking charm that shall allow Ministry officials and Aurors to come to the aid of any Witch or Wizard that is in need of help. This is nothing more than a precautionary measure to protect the least able amongst us. Wands already issued are to be granted the same charm within a year's time. Date pending. This new law is mandatory.

Also within the rules of the recently passed Statue 927, in accordance with the wishes of Beauxbatons Academy for Magic, Durmstrang Institute, Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Uagadou School of Magic and Castelobruxo, The Wizarding International Schools Tournament (T.W.I.S.T.) will go ahead as planned, to be hosted here at Hogwarts. This is a chance for us to mend our image on the world stage, an image so painfully slandered by those who act against us. May it be a daring and exciting competition, but most of all, may it be a lesson to those beyond our borders that we remain open.

The Ministry, and I personally, thank you for the trust you have placed in us. We shall never let down our guard so long as you are at risk. I should like to make a personal note if I am permitted.

These are dangerous times. But they are also times of great, and wonderful change. No longer shall you be led by ineffective bureaucracy and upjumped pseudo-aristocrats with irrelevant blood ties and biases. Even more than that, in me you have found a firm hand to guide you to a better age. Previous Ministers would call me mad, some even have. Yet they are not the ones I aim to please, and they shall protest so long as I change what they have broken. Join me on this journey and you shall see a world like we have never dreamt before. A world the past has not allowed us to see for all its flaws. Let's all awaken now to a new reality, casting off the mists of ignorance and idiocy - and step together into the brilliant future that awaits us.

—WELCOME.
Hello, all!

Thank you for taking the time to explore this here RP with us. As you might have guessed, a calamity has fallen on Wizarding Britain. Magdalene Thorne, a once unknown woman of immense power, has taken over the Ministry, claiming that many heroes of the The Second Wizarding War have been compromised through the use of dark magic. Not only that, she has the wit and the skill to cow even the most fervent of critics. Every attempt at trying to remove her via politics has failed. Every attempt at trying to remove her by force has failed in dramatic fashion. The fact that she does not seem to actively hate any individual group, does not seem to want to undermine any specific denomination of wizard, and that she has cut down the roots of ancient and undeserved power - has had many questioning the harsh resistance she has come up against. This has all built up a base of people who feel that - as long as she is actually keeping to her seemingly impossible promises - then why don’t they just allow her presence? And that has worked for the most part. As of late, however, she has become more and more concerned with the Statute of Secrecy, banning more and more of what makes up the traditions and values of wizarding life. Many of the quirks that make up society are being forced out. Diagon Alley slowly seems to turn into a London Business District and people are walking around in suits and ties.

You are either a student of Hogwarts, or perhaps even a student from one of the previously mentioned schools around the world, here in Britain to participate in the first ever once-a-century Wizarding International Schools Tournament. A competition not unlike the Triwizard Cup we all know and love. The old castle itself has not escaped the new decrees of the Ministry, however, with a Ministry official, not unlike a certain pink woman, having been assigned to make sure everything is up to standard. Much to the chagrin of everyone within. Though, growing in the underbelly is a quiet resistance to the new establishment. Students rallying together in dark corridors. The Order of the Phoenix has long since disbanded, but perhaps it is time to bring it back for the third and final time.

—SCHOOLS.
HOGWARTS - Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, often shortened to Hogwarts, is the British wizarding school, located in the Scottish Highlands. It accepts magical students from Great Britain and Ireland for enrolment.

BEAUXBATONS - Beauxbatons Academy of Magic is the French wizarding school, located in the Pyrenees mountains of southern France. The school takes many of its wizarding students from France, as well as large numbers from Spain, Portugal, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, and Belgium.

CASTELOBRUXO - Castelobruxo is the Brazilian wizarding school. Located amid the Amazon rainforest in northern Brazil, it accepts students from all over South America.

DURMSTRANG - Durmstrang Institute is one of the three largest wizarding schools in Europe (the other two being Hogwarts and Beauxbatons). Located in the far north of the continent, the school is willing to accept international students from as far afield as Bulgaria.

ILVERMORNY - llvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is the American wizarding school, located on Mount Greylock in Massachusetts. It accepts students from all over North America.

UAGADOU - Uagadou is the Ugandan wizarding school, located in the Mountains of the Moon in western Uganda. It is the largest of the eleven wizarding schools, accepting students from all over Africa.

—LINKS.
TBA!

i'm down. disclaimer, u guys are going to have to guide me through the harry potter world.

eeeee!
this must be a sign ! i've been getting ads and harry potter references everywhere on the net and this pops up!
i'm interested! anddd tagging my lovelies: diwa diwa , mxlly mxlly

Grabby hands.

Never done a harry potter rp but im willing to try!

We are glad to see this vast number of folk looking into this. We will sort through things pronto and see towards getting you all in the discord for a chat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back