• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Wizarding World: A Changing of the Times - MAIN - CLOSED

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

TYPE

Now what?
1570478962386.png
PROPHET.jpg

1570479102166.png
HOGWARTS EXPRESS
SEPTEMBER FIRST 2019
08:00 PM

Hogwarts Express had been on its way for a while now. This year had started off differently, with most students arriving at the entrance to Platform 9 ¾ - only to be surprised in finding it shut down, while an Auror, dressed as a rail supervisor, took to directing them towards the new Gate H, which was set to the side of the building, directing all non-muggle traffic away from the centre on Kings Cross Station. The New Entrance looked little more than a door, which one opened and stepped through, as it swung closed behind oneself. One might be mistaken in thinking there was no magic involved at all. On the platform, people stood around in a strange mix of gray, black, blue and brown suits and dresses - slightly out of date, but - without a doubt - muggle. No pointed hats. No wands out. No owls. No… magic. Parents waved off their children, the muggle parents looking worriedly at the aurors who would be Obliviating their memories of the platform upon leaving. And then it left, the train - perhaps the most magical thing left on the platform - the whispers of replacing it with a modern engine hanging ominously in the air.

The Train itself offered very little in the way of a reprieve. Instead of people flocking about, looking for an empty cart, the first years were placed in a single open cart - reorganised to look more like a line of pews in a church than regular train seating, where they were formally welcomed by the Dominus Magister (DM) Azazel MacCaa, and his three lackeys. They spent the first few hours of their trip in a lecture, while the upper years were allowed to spread out as normal. That is, till MacCaa and his goons started to move from cabin to cabin, with checklists of all students that should be on the train. Those that were not found, were marked out - and their friends and distant cousins were asked whether they were aware of their location. About three hours into the trip, the first of these ‘stragglers’ were being apparated onto the train, looking shamefaced, muttering how their parents were being taken in for questioning.

When everyone was ‘settled in’ to the satisfaction of MacCaa, those on the train were allowed to take a breath. It seemed that the Magisters retired to their own cart, only doing a patrol every half an hour or so. Students got to move around and find their friends. Choose the cabins they want to sit in, and share stories and gossip. When the trolley started its rounds, and the sweets were being dispensed - did things finally start to feel like Hogwarts again. The hours passed, chatter filling some cabins, snores filling others, until finally word started to spread that the train was less than an hour out from Hogsmeade Station. As students start to put on their uniforms, securing their trunks and checking that they have everything at the ready, the sound of clouds breaking is heard in the distance, rain starting to patter against the windows.

Liam Knox
"a mischievous smile plastering his face and a sparkle in his eye - it was clear he was up to no good."

For the past few hours Liam had been hard at work. Considering it was his seventh and final year, you would expect him to be working hard, right? Well his version of hard work was lining the pews of the first years cabin as well as a few seventh year cabins with firecrackers. The firecrackers were't just firecrackers however. It was a special concoction purchased from none other than Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, a frequent place for Liam over the past few years. During his set-up, Liam hadn't anticipated this ministry official taking so long talking to the first years but one good thing that did come from it was that instead of the individual cabins, the first years were in an open one. Much easier to link the fire crackers up.

Of course he hadn't told them what is was. "Just magic stuff" he had told them. Ha! They'd know soon enough what is was. Liam's tall frame glided down a tight corridor on the train, a mischievous smile plastering his face and a sparkle in his eye - it was clear he was up to no good. With the train getting closer and closer to its destination, he would need to act soon or it would have been a waste of perfect magical equipment. Removing his wand from his waist, Liam slowly stopped outside of a random cabin, in the cart just before the first years. He was ready to begin.

1570542817221.png
INTERACTING: Braddington Braddington

Nathan was hanging upside down from the trunk storage, his legs bent over the railing, his upper body hanging backwards over the ledge. Across from him, Alton was sitting, reading a book, while Nathan continued to prattle on. "Mum and dad did not even want to come see me off! This is fucking whack. Its my last year-" He reached over and threw a pillow at Alton when the other snorted. "Shut up. It IS my last year, and my parents can't see me off cuz they will have to be neuralized." Even before Alton could ask, he continued. "Its like Obliviate. Its from a movie. MIB. They catch aliens." As he spoke, his hands waved around- gesturing wildly, realizing fully that the other was not looking at him. He knew the other was paying attention though. He always did. Swinging himself, he grabbed the book Alton was holding, swinging backward and out of his reach, forcing the other to start to get up. Like a pendulum, Nathan came flying back towards him, kissing him on the nose, placing the book back in his shocked hands, before pushing him back into his seat.

As the other started to settle back in, Nathan continued his rant, just as one of MacCaa's goons walked passed the window. Pausing for only a moment to flip off the man, he went back to gesturing wildly. "You know what we should do? We should go full on Grindlewald. You know? You and me. I mean, you are like ten times Dumbles and Grundle combined. So, I don't even have to study. How good are you with dark magic? Never mind. I know you are too straight laced for that." Still hanging upside-down, he scratched his chin. "What would you say is the least unforgivable or of the unforgivables? Like - okay-" He started to count off on his fingers. "- so, Imperio is all like about taking away consent and I don't wanna be about that. And killing is kinda fucked up - but AK does do it fast and painless, yeah?" He scratched his head. "So... crucio is violent, but... does not kill you. But - you wanna die while it happens. Does that mean AK is the least fucked up of the lot? From the perspective of the person it is being done to." He started swinging around, thinking it over. "Then again, I don't particularly want to die. So, I would rather have crucio. I think." He was about to continue on, when he saw the time on his watch. Quickly jumping down, he started to take off his outer clothing, stuffing them into a loose ball into his trunk, before starting to put on his robes - all the while talking.

"I hope that at least the school is going to be fine. Like the teachers are war heroes, eh? They are not just gonna lie down and take it, eh? God, I hope not." Struggling with his tie, he knelt in front of Alton, taking away his book again, gesturing to his tie. "And in any case. If they do - then I'm just gonna have to step up my game. I have you. And I have charisma to spare. I should be able to gather up a troop. You know? Peaceful protests. And then when they escalate the conflict we can retaliate with the moral high-ground. You know. Classical dictatorial... dictatorial? Is that the word. Classic oppressive stuff."

“Tom. Of all things, TOM?”

Joey practically threw The Daily Prophet across the carriage, pure disbelief dripping from her voice as she fumbled to articulate her feelings.

“I’d think using the name TOM would be a bit, I dunno, TABOO? After the whole TOM RIDDLE thing? An- and the hell is a ‘Magister’ anyway? This sounds so unbelievably made up, it’s just- it’s blowing my feckin’ mind!”

She was ranting more to herself than anyone else, and watched as her pet squirrel narrowly managed to avoid being hit by her flying newspaper.

“And what kind of name is AZAZEL? Who in their right mind would name their child after a feckin’ fallen angel demon? Who would do that?! And why is he working in the Ministry?! OoOOOHH I have so many THOUGHTS, GODDAMNIT!”
She was sitting alone in a carriage, after the “Magister” was done addressing the population of students. Note that she had been clenching her jaw the entire time, her arms crossed as she struggled to keep a neutral expression.

Now that she was alone, however..

“This is awfully suspicious, all of it! This confiscating of wizardly objects and magic, it sounds so familiar, why does it sound familiar? Hmmm...”
She stroked her chin thoughtfully, as if she had a fabulous beard, and then suddenly shouted, “Oh Yeah! It sounds an awful lot like a DICTATORSHIP.“

The redhead then sighed and sank into her seat, falling back heavily onto the wall before slipping back to her butt.

“This is foreboding as all hell... Azazel... Tom. Feckin’ really?”

Wynona Ryder
Interacting with: Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum Simple_Traveler Simple_Traveler
Mentioned:

Wynona couldn't quite shake off the pit in her stomach that had stayed with her when she had bid farewell to her parents and younger siblings. The eyes of the Ministry officials felt like they were bearing into her as she interacted with them. "We'll be fine." Her father had reassured her, kissing her forehead. "It's just the platform. And hey, if you think they took more away, you can just tell us a story about it." But Wynona could see how her father's eyes flicked warily to the aurors who were ready to take them away to be obliviated. Wynona had explained to them in advance what that meant - memory erasure. It was shitty, but they had to deal with it as per the new ministry's ruling.

"It's like a bloody convention here." She remembered her mother saying, watching her wizard friends in suits and dresses instead of robes she had grown accustomed to seeing. Wynona and her family had no issues with it considering how they've always worn casual muggle clothing when entering King's Cross. But now, it just made them uncomfortable. But her mother had turned to her again and smiled. "Just like what your father said, we will be fine." She then leaned down to kiss her forehead as well and Wynona hugged her back. It wasn't like she wouldn't see them again but the owl system was getting changed and they didn't install a floo system in their home for a floo-call. It wasn't like her family could use the floo system anyway and her siblings would probably just play with the floo powder.

"What kind of mess did we get ourselves into this time?" She muttered to herself as she patrolled the halls. Wynona had been silently thankful of the fact that she wasn't considered for Head Girl. Not only would that overlap with her healer studies and her two clubs, but she hadn't exactly been doing much of her prefect duties well due to aforementioned reasons and the fact that she hasn't exactly been actively doing her job considering how many pranksters she's let go. It doesn't help that her two best friends in Hogwarts likes to get in trouble. Well, in any case, her shift was ending and she had walked back to their agreed cabin. The patrols had been easier because of how the first years were arranged and the fewer cabins to look out to. Still, the change of pace was rather eerie for Wynona but she hoped - she really did - that Hogwarts wouldn't change too much even with the Ministry breathing down their necks.

One of Mister MacCaa's lackeys passed her by and they stopped - coming at an impasse on who would move first. There was plenty of space for them to just walk around each other but having both been walking in the middle with neither willing to move, there was no space. What was he waiting for? A grand display of her bending down and allowing him passage? She innocent placed both hands behind her back as she tilted her head, waiting for his move. The exchange seemed to have irritated the Ministry lackey and he was the one to step to the side but not before muttering a - "Be careful prefect." - like some sort of warning. Wynona had half a mind to whip out her wand and play some nasty tricks she learned from her more prankster friends but she took a deep breath and continued walking. No need to create an issue. She was a prefect and she was supposed to be a role model.

Wynona silently opened the door to their cabin - Tobias and Renley had chosen it. She knew better than to say anything. The mood was already down as it is - hearing the news about Allison... She had to bite the inside of her cheek to keep herself in check. Allison and herself weren't the closest of friends but being Tobias's sister had made Wynona think of herself as an older sister whenever she supervises Quidditch training just in case she or Renley or anyone else in her (or anyone else's) House get injured. The news of her death was devastating. Wynona had frequently thought to herself over the summer why Tobias hadn't written at least once but now she did know. Giving them a nod, she sat down and stayed silent for a moment - resting from the patrol. They were close too so everything should go by without trouble... hopefully.

Liam Knox
"Liam strode down the corridor with a grin. The onslaught began."

---

Liam's smirk grew wide as he leaned against the side of the train, giving off an air of relaxation and cockiness. The hustle and bustle of students getting ready for their arrival to Hogwarts was almost at its peak. Liam removed his wand from his waist line. The simple, elegant wand was Liam's pride and joy. Made of dogwood, the wand chose the with or wizard who would provide it with the most excitement. Liam evidently was a wizard that would provide the wand with excitement. Liam's tongue clicked against the roof of his mouth as the wand twirled between his fingers.

The train trundled along, the dark landscape passed by quickly, the blur of countryside mixed with the soft light of the trains cabins. Liam's eyes tentatively watched each person walking past, his eyes lingering longer on some of the better looking sixth year girls as they walked by him. Liam would normally step up with a cheeky smile and smooth talking but for now, he blended in with the side of the train, staying quiet.

Liam turned his head to look over his shoulder and scanned the corridor behind him. It had quietened down, only a few students wandering the corridors. Liam's smirk widened into a grin as he stood up to his full height and stretched out, enjoying a large yawn before leaning down to the floor. On the ground was a a fuse, connected to a a line of firecrackers that connected into a few cabins and then into the main first year cabin. Liam pointed his wand towards the fuse and whispered, "Incendio."

The fuse went off instantly, the fire raced down the length of string-like fuse. Liam stood up quickly and tuned on his heels, spinning his wand in the air, "Multicorfors," Liam said, his clothes went into a whirlwind and within seconds it had changed into his Ravencalw uniform, void only of his long Ravenclaw robe. Liam strode down the corridor with a grin. The onslaught began.

Renley Agatha "Ren" Watts

Quiet. Renley hardly stays put for most of her life. She had always been a playful person that doesn't know the word "still" and would more often than not, at the very least humm or tap her fingers. She always had a smile on her face, it was what her parents had taught her. To smile no matter what... something along those lines. But today wasn't a day for smiling. Not when her muggle friends won't remember her anymore. Not when they are forced to leave the place she grew up in. Not when she found out that Allison was gone. It was a hard blow but she knee it was harder, hardest on Tobias. He was her brother after all, and the two had such a close bond. If her brother died, she doesn't know what she would do. Allison was a great teammate and an even better friend. Wayne had left them to patrol the area but agreed to meet up at the usual cabin.

It was quiet. Because she didn't know what to say, she didn't know what to do and didn't feel like being herself. She had never felt this furious and this sad. She sat beside her friend and held his hand for comfort, hoping that it would bring him comfort while she watched the passing of the world from the window. A little later, Wayne came and gave them both a nod before sitting. The troublemaker has gotten a bit uneasy with the atmosphere of the room, she wasn't used to it that's all. She used this moment to go out for a bit, telling the others that she was going to the loo with her slight British accent.

Breathing deeply after getting out, Renley went to find the trolley of sweets that may help in lightening the mood in the cabin a bit. She passed by a cabin with a Gryffindor, who was talking animatedly while upside down and a Ravenclaw, who was reading a book. Another cabin which had a redhead who seems to have melted in her seat before she found what she was looking for. Sweets.

She brought out her bottomless pouch and bought three of everything, even the chirp candy. It's a new one, it makes you sing like a bird. The classic Dew dew pyschodrops, Fizzing Whizzbees, Popping Pixie Wing Dust, Roasted Chimera Potato Crisps, Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Bean, Chocolate Frogs, Shrieking Sherbet, Exploda Soda. Here's to hoping that the two will smile at the sight of the treats. With slightly more vigor, Renley marched back to their cabin. Casting multicorfors on her brown cap, blue and orange sweater and white jeans in exchange for the more familiar school uniform of the Hufflepuff house. Opening the cabin door, a small smile was plastered on her face until suddenly, the room exploded. "It wasn't me." Was all she could say at the moment since it was kind of unexpected, still, "I only went out to buy sweets." It was an automatic response for her when a prank occurs near her that wasn't her doing.

Last edited:
Bellamira was sitting in a compartment alone as usual reading a book or at least trying to. She was so bothered about the Minister's decisions and frightened how careful she was being not to upset anyone. It was also weird wearing this goth muggle black dress and boots, which were the closest things the muggles that were similar to her traditional clothes. Bellamira had to admit that she did like the black wool fingerless gloves that she bought from the same shop to cover her tattoo.

Usually she would just enjoy reading alone in her compartment with her feet curled up underneath her. However she got annoyed with the new ministry employee that began questioning Bellamira about her incredibly distant relations. Which were a lot considering the age of both the Dankworth and Jarsdel families. It was annoying because he went over every person in school connected to either family and some that weren't which made her almost certain that he dragged out the questioning so he could drool over her some more. Another problem was he didn't like most of her answers stating that she didn't have contact with them as most wouldn't associate themselves with either a Dankworth or Jarsdel or both in some cases.

When it was finally over Bellamira really needed to stretch her legs and get out of her compartment as it felt suffocating. Walking along the train she ran into the trolly lady making her rounds and bought a couple boxes ofBertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans. While at home she had been experimenting with ways to turn all the sweets into foulest tasting flavours. Her Grandfather who absolutely loved them as they were his favourite sweet banned her from getting anymore once he caught wind of it after she to tested her first version on him. It hadn't gone well as she had removed all flavour from the sweets instead. As she strolled further along the train she contemplated the problem. Only stopping once she caught sight of something that was never good which was Liam Knox's smug smirk. Looking around some what paranoid Ballmira approached him and drawled "so what has you looking so pleased with yourself Knox?" Blocking his path as best she could.

Physiicz Physiicz

Liam Knox
“he looked the Slytherin girl in the eye and winked. Well, you may as well enjoy the show.

Liam stopped dead, his smirk dropped as his eyes met the blockage in the corridor. “Ugh, get out of the way snake,Liam snarled, putting some extra venom into the last word. Although his exterior showed disgust, he was silently sweating. In a matter of seconds these corridors would be alive with activity along with explosions and Liam didn’t exactly want to be around when that happened.

He flicked his light brown eyes around nervously before resting on Bellamira.
“I don’t have time for your weird little.... whatever,” Liam told her, flapping his arms around slightly.

Excitement could be felt in the air as the train neared Hogwarts. The fuse was racing along as seconds passed - smoke curled up into the air of the tightly packed corridor. The smell was very clear now and Liam knew he wouldn’t be clear of the scene so his shoulder relaxed the smirk returned, the cockiness resumed and he looked the Slytherin girl in the eye and winked.
“Well, you may as well enjoy the show.”

Inactive User 002 Inactive User 002

Users who are viewing this thread

Back