• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Wizarding World: A Changing of the Times - CS - CLOSED

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

TYPE

Now what?
LETTERJPEG.jpg

Greetings.

NOTE: PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE FOLLOWING IS SOMEWHERE IN YOUR CS
------------------------

NAME, FAMILY NAME, AGE, GENDER IDENTITY, and an IMAGE (PHOTO or GIF)

BLOOD STATUS, FAMILY MEMBERS (DIRECT ONLY)

HOGWARTS HOUSE, YEAR, PREFERRED POST SCHOOL PROFESSION

WAND CORE and WOOD - PLACE OF PURCHASE - and an IMAGE

LIST OF YOUR OWL SCORES and the classes you want to TAKE AT NEWT LEVEL

SCHOOL HOBBIES, EXTRA CREDIT CLASSES and other general school related facts

------------------------------

Beyond that - you can add a small diary entry to give a general idea of your characters history and interests. No need for a novel, we would just want some idea of what they have been up to, and how they have come to react to the things going on in the Wizarding World. IF ANYTHING SEEMS UNCLEAR, please let me know

downloadfile.jpg
Name: Tobias Grimshaw
Gender/Sexually: Male, homosexual

Agatha Grimshaw, mother: Works in the Ministry of Magic as a Criminal Judge

Simon Grimshaw, father: Works as an Auror for the Ministry

Allison Grimshaw, younger sister: died over the summer, would have been in year 4 had she lived.
d84f82030f2490cefd4ced9222617041.jpg
Care of Magical Creatures: E
Divination: A
History of Magic: A
Potions: A
Classes At NEWT Level: DADA & Transfiguration
Diary Entry
I almost cannot believe it's nearly the new school year with everything that's happened over the summer. The Minister of Magic's overhaul, getting disowned by my family and Alison's....death.

A part of me is still in denial that it happened, that any day now she'll barge into my room begging me to play wizard's chess or go flying on our brooms. But deep down I know better. The nightmares have made sure of that.
Mother and Father still won't talk to me, they barely acknowledge my presence. Which is fine by me. After how they acted during the funeral I want nothing more to do with them. Once this school year is done I'm moving from this old mansion, maybe find a quiet place in Scotland to live...
And there's the new laws implemented by the Minister. I'll be honest, I agree some of the arrangements but I can't help but feel...uneasy about them. Like they're a prelude to something terrible. Or maybe Ally's has made me pessimistic. Either option is just as valid.
Anyway, I'd best try to get some sleep if I'm goingto catch the train tomorrow. Good night Allison, Hogwarts won't be the same without you. It'll be hard watching Quidditch and not seeing you score points up there with the Hufflepuff team.
I love you sister mine.
- Tobias

Last edited:
1dc574eb1d17371b291ac4163d8550c7.jpg

Johanna, or Joey, stands at 5"10, with a mesomorphic build. She is a powerhouse of lean muscle and packs quite a punch. Her hair is that signature fiery Irish red, with a smattering of freckles and coral pink lips. Her eyes are a gorgeous deep green color.
Her barn owl form looks pretty average, but instead of the normal tawny brown colors, her feathers are more of a ruddy red to reflect her vibrant red hair.
Barn owl
NAME: Johanna N. Hayes
GENDER IDENTITY: Cisgender Female

BLOOD STATUS: Muggleborn
FAMILY MEMBERS:
Teresa Kaulia- Muggle mother, alive. Currently resides in Bristol, England. working as a Cardiologist.
Andrew Hayes- Muggle father, deceased. Worked as a journalist for the local paper before he died of leukemia when Joey was ten.
Grandpappy Hayes- Squib grandfather, alive. Currently resides in Ireland, being a grumpy old man.

HOGWARTS HOUSE: Gryffindor
YEAR: Seventh year
PREFERRED POST SCHOOL PROFESSION: Professional Quidditch Seeker

WAND CORE: Phoenix Feather
WOOD: Redwood
PLACE OF PURCHASE: Ollivander’s
DhpYaaF.jpg

LIST OF YOUR OWL SCORES:
Transfiguration - O
DADA - E
Charms - E
Potions - A
Divination - A
Herbology - A
Care Of Magical Creatures - A
“I uhh... I don’t know? I don’t keep track... I got an O in Transfiguration. Does that help?”
NEWTS:
Transfiguration
Charms
“Who needs NEWTS when you’re going into professional sports?”
Extra Credits:

Flying Classes [passed with flying colors]

SCHOOL HOBBIES:
Seeker for the Gryffindor Quidditch team! YEEEEAH!

• Barn Owl animagi, legally registered (maybe? Please?)​
  • Patronus is a Barn Owl as well​
  • Amortentia smell is leather, pine needles and fresh ink.​
  • Boggart is an open cage. Not moving or anything, just sitting there... waiting for an unsuspecting bird to fly in.​
  • If she looked into the Mirror of Erised she would see her mother and her father standing there smiling at her, safe and happy and proud of her, which is all she has ever wanted.​
  • Has a pet squirrel named Mr. Squiggles​

“Mammy!”
“Johanna?”
“Mammy, did you see this?”

The redheaded teenager threw a newspaper onto the kitchen table, nearly knocking her mother’s coffee off the table.

“Can you believe that? I can’t believe that!”
“Joey, dear... I understand that this is all very real... but you do realize that I cant read this?”
“Di- I... right. AYe... well!”

The young woman picked up the paper again and sat next to her mother and read out the paper.

“They want to put some kind of charm on my wand!”
“Well... it sounds like it’s for your safety, you baby.”
“Would YOU want someone to attach some kind of tracker to something you carry around everywhere?”

Johanna’s looked at her, then slowly lifted her smartphone into the air and gestured with it.
“Do I need to make you an aluminum cap, dear?”
“Mammy, this is a little different then your smartphone! A witches wand is everything, and it goes everywhere with us!”
“And a smartphone goes everywhere with us ‘muggles’, you wee girl.”
“I’m just... doesn’t that bother you?”
“... well, I must admit that it is a bit disconcerting. No privacy. Rather bold of them.”
“Exactly! It feels... wrong to me. Like there’s something going on under the surface of all of this... I don’t like it, Mam.”
“Well then if they ask, then just tell them no.”
“I don’t think I have a choice... It’s concerning, innit?”
“Oh, Jojo..”
her mother reached over and cradled the teen’s face. It was rare that the normally energetic young woman would look so downtrodden. She looked worried. “My poor, sweet bird.. you’ve stumbled into a world that I can’t follow.”
“... Mammy, I don’t want to scare you, but I’m just... a bit apprehensive. I don’t know what’s going to happen when I go back to Hogwarts.”

Almost as if on cue, a flapping and screeching outside the kitchen window caught the two women’s attention as a gorgeous Long-Eared owl appeared, with an envelope clenched in it’s beak.
Joey stared for a moment before finally going to the window and retrieving the letter. Seeing that wax seal with the Hogwarts crest should fill her with excitement, but...
Why did it make her shiver?

Last edited:
DONE!!
[class=basiccontainer] max-height:415px; max-width:350px; margin-left: 100px; padding-bottom: 50px; text-align: center; padding-left: 23px; padding-right: 23px; float:left; background: #fff url(https://static.tumblr.com/jsbzmqo/MDymy4czu/bg3.png); [/class] [class=basics] border-bottom: 4px double #dcecf5; color: #727272; text-align: center; font-family: cursive; font-size: 11px; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 10px; padding-bottom:10px; margin-top:-10px; [/class] [class=characterdesc] font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; background: transparent; line-height: 12px; text-align: center; color: #727272; margin: 5px 10px 0px 10px; [/class] [class=characterdesc1] font-size: 12px; font-family: arial; background: transparent; line-height: 12px; color: #727272; margin: 5px 10px 0px 10px; [/class] [class=deschidescrollbar] position: relative; overflow-x: hidden; max-height: 420px; max-width: 480px; background-color: white; padding:20px; border: 1px solid #dcecf5; [/class] [class=desccontainer] background: #fff url(https://static.tumblr.com/jsbzmqo/MDymy4czu/bg3.png); max-height: 405px; max-width: 450px; overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 10px; [/class] [class=label] background-color:#FBE93F; color:ivory; font-size:18px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1.2px; text-align:center; font-family:Arial; text-transform:uppercase; [class=pic] height:150px; width:150px; width:100%; [/class]

[div class=basiccontainer]
[div class=pic]

miranda-cosgrove.jpg

[/div]
[div class=label] Colorless Spectrum[/div]
[div class=basics]
name, Renley Agatha Watts

house and year, Hufflepuff | Seventh Year

age, 17

gender identity & sexuality, female, never thought about it

blood status, half-blood/pureblood (?)
[/div]
[/div]

[div class=deschidescrollbar] [div class=desccontainer] [div class=label]Hogwarts[/div] [div class=characterdesc]

family members, Rickford Watts (father, pure-blood) | Isabella Watts (nee Steward, unknown blood status, does not know her parents or family) | Finneas Watts (Older Brother, six years older, a healer)

preferred post school profession, either a Professional Quidditch Keeper and/or Coach, or a Magizoologist

wand core, Horned Serpent Horn
wood, Ebony
length, 13.6in
puchased at, Ollivanders

Kaliya.jpg

[/div]
[div class=label] School of Wizardry[/div] [div class=characterdesc]
list of your owl scores,
  • Astronomy - A​
  • Charms - O​
  • Arithmacy - A​
  • Defense Against the Dark Arts - O​
  • Herbology - A​
  • History of Magic - E​
  • Potions - O​
  • Transfiguration - O​
  • Care of Magical Creatures - O​

the classes you want to take at newt level,
  • Transfiguration​
  • Charms​
  • Defense Against the Dark Arts​
  • Care of Magical Creatures​

school hobbies,
  • Quidditch, she's the Keeper of their team​
  • Care of Magical Creatures Club​
  • Dueler's Society​
  • Exploring Hogwarts, as much as she can​
  • Lounging in the Courtyard​
  • Taking a few snacks from the Kitchen​
  • Flying on her broom​

extra credit classes,
  • Alchemy​
  • Apparition​

other general school related facts,
  • patronus (if ever or maybe she has), Mongrel Dog​
  • once caught sneaking around by Filch​
  • got reprimanded by Teddy, for getting caught by Filch​
  • had once transfigured an object into something she wasn't told to in class​
  • a bit of a harmless prankster​
  • painted Hagrid's house pink because it looked really old, though he said that she should've picked a more different color​
  • the sorting hat was couldn't decide on putting her in Ravenclaw or Gryffindor until Renley told the sorting hat that she wanted to be sorted to Hufflepuff​

[/div]
[div class=label] And Magic [/div] [div class=characterdesc1]

DDOi-tNXUAAcF-q

[/div]
[/div][/div]

date, 29/08/2019

Today is the last day of vacation and tomorrow it is back to Hogwarts. The Wizarding World has felt so bland lately due to the new rules that was enforced by the Ministry of Magic, I think they're being a little to strict for comfort. Heck, even my parents don't like it but what can they do? It's not like we can just start a revolution since the head of the MoM just wants the safety of our world still... a tracker attached to every wand is just, I don't even know what to say because it's really frustrating to have someone know wherever you are whenever. It's a suffocating feeling.

Ugh. Although there is no Ollivander where excited kids will buy their first wand, and Diagon Alley is pretty much lifeless and I just hope that at the very least school will stay the same. I've been practicing my Keeper skills with my brother during his days off, other than that it's mingling with the muggle neighbors or reading textbooks. Maybe I should've stayed in Hogwarts for the summer? Too bad I can't do that anymore.

If anything, I just want to get back to school. I miss my friends and while my muggle friends are quite nice and interesting, it's hard for them to keep up with me and vice versa due to such difference in the world they live in. Edel, Thea, Mercie, Ashe, Dimitri and Cloud are really a ragtag bunch of teens and I love them but I could never talk to them about woes of school or my magical troubles. But what can she do? The house they live in has been in there family for generations so they couldn't exactly leave it.

I wonder if Professor McGonagall got that thing I left for her the last day we were in school? I made the vases explode petals whenever someone passes by. Makes for a pretty scenery right? Anyways, I have to get packing so I don't miss the train. Bye!

Last edited:

Liam Knox
Xavier Serrano GIF 2.gif
Who

NAME:
Liam Knox

FAMILY NAME:
Knox

GENDER IDENTITY:
Male

BLOOD STATUS:
Pure Blood

FAMILY MEMBERS:
Travis Knox - Father - Auror
Meredith Avery-Knox - Mother - Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures Beast Division
Jackson Knox - Older Brother - Auror​
Am

HOGWARTS HOUSE:
Ravenclaw

YEAR:
Seventh

PREFERRED POST SCHOOL PROFESSION:
Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures Beast Division - Dragon Research and Restraint Bureau
Due to his love for danger, Liam would like to follow in his mothers footsteps and join the Beast Division.

WAND:
Unicorn Tail hair and Dogwood - 12 inches long - Purchased from Ollivanders
LIST OF YOUR OWL SCORES:
Study of Ancient Ruins - D
Astronomy - A
Care of Magical Creatures - O
Charms - O
DADA - O
Herbology - E
History of Magic - E
Potions - O
Transfiguration - O

TAKE AT NEWT LEVEL:
DADA, Care of Magical Creatures, Charms, Transfiguration and Herbology

SCHOOL HOBBIES, EXTRA CREDIT CLASSES:
Chaser on the Ravenclaw Quidditch team
Duelling club - Only attends when he needs an outlet for some anger
Magical Creatures Club​
I

I am not letting it happen. Nope. No way. These stupid cabbage eaters are not putting a tracking charm on MY wand. They can try. By god they can try but it just won't go well for them. It's my final year and I can tell you, I'm not going without a bang. A literal bang. I did consider blowing the school up but with this stupid ministry official, I could ruin my chances of getting a ministry job. Maybe that won't matter anyways when I refuse to hand my wand over for the tracking charm. Either way I am going to make that officials life hell, the Ministry has no business being here and I'm going to make sure they know that.

Dad has been coming home later in the nights. Jackson doesn't even come home. Mum is in Brazil for work. It's just too quiet here. I know Jackson said he would come home to see me off to school. Funny how a year ago he wouldn't even talk to me after I replaced all of his shoes for rats - I guess with Mum and Dad gone, he wants to make up for them but yet he's still distant. Almost as if he knows something I don't. I can feel it in my gut, something big is coming. I don't know what it is but with all these new laws, rules or whatever the hell they are, it just won't end well.

Anyways until next time Liam you sexy beast. And don't forget to grab the firecrackers for the train idiot!​

Last edited:
Laertes Hyperion
WIP

lae2.jpg
FC: Freddie Highmore
NAME: Laertes Fitzgerald Hyperion
BLOOD STATUS: Pure-Blood (Though he expects it's more likely quarter-blood or something.
FAMILY MAMBERS:
Monica Lewis-Mother, alive. Works in the Department of Restriction of Underage Magic in the Ministry.
James Hyperion: Father, alive. Chaser for the Irish National Quidditch Team.
Ophelia Hyperion: Twin sister, currently in her 7th year at Hogwarts.

HOGWARTS HOUSE: Slytherin.
YEAR: 7th.
PREFERRED POST SCHOOL PROFESSION: The youngest Minister of Magic in office.

WAND CORE: Unicorn Hair
WOOD: Elm
PLACE OF PURCHASE: Ollivander's.
Wand.jpg
OWL SCORES:
Ancient Runes: E
Astronomy: E
Charms: E
Herbology: O
Transfiguration: E
Care of Magical Creatures: E
History of Magic: E
Potions: D
D.A.D.A: A

N.E.W.T.S:
Ancient Runes
Astronomy
Charms
Herbology
Transfiguration
Care of Magical Creatures
History of Magic
SCHOOL HOBBIES: Does sulking about in the school libraries or scowling over a Wizard's Chess set count?

Once again, the Ministry of Magic had proven itself to be festering with incompetence and corruption. I was familiar with the fiasco that occurred during both Wizarding Wars, just from a mere bit of research and the like, but was under the (apparently, false) impression that they had reestablished themselves to prevent such a catastrophe from happening again. How bold of me to assume.

Diary, you know my opinion of the so-called blood class. I was horrified to find out my mother's side had been so deeply involved with the Dark Arts in the past, and the whole notion of purebloodedness is ridiculous either way. But anything driven to excess is negative, and this stands as no exception. Before boarding the train, my pocket watch was confiscated for no reason other than the fact it was apparently too traditional for the likes of the Ministry. That watch belonged to my grandfather before me, and his father before him, and now it's unclear whether or not I will ever get it back.

This is exactly the sort of thing that will change when I take the Minister's office eventually. There is no point in wasting time and resources in order to maintain a certain image to the outside community and monitoring a bunch of teenagers. What happened to re-organizing the Wizarding foster care system (which still remains in such deplorable condition that my father was forced to remain with his blood family, despite their abuse, for years?) What about re-organizing Azkaban, so that even our most previous criminals will still be treated humanely and offered rehabilitation and counseling? And tuition seems to have skyrocketed recently-what's the point in punishing students who's families aren't able to afford to send them to school?

Ophelia says I need to lighten up and act my age, but it's difficult to do that when so much seems to be going wrong. I'll be of age soon-it's time to start thinking like an adult, even if everyone thinks I'm growing up too fast. Someone has to.

Last edited:
[class=bkgd] position: relative; box-sizing: border-box; background: #000259; width: 740px; height: 630px; overflow: hidden; margin: auto; padding: 0; align-content: center; [/class] [class=bkgdpic] position: relative; box-sizing: border-box; background-image: url(https://media.giphy.com/media/UYBDCJjwOd9Re/giphy.gif); width: 740px; height: 630px; overflow: hidden; opacity: 0.7; margin: 0; padding: 0; align-content: center; [/class] [class=name] position: absolute; left: 55px; top: -8px; overflow: hidden; width: 294px; height: 80px; text-align: center; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 60px; color: #c5ecf1; align-content: center; text-shadow: 3px 3px #c24f66; [/class] [class=circlepic] position: absolute; overflow: visible; width: 245px; height: 245px; left: 75px; top: 80px; border-radius: 100%; background-image: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/fd4c57d366118f6b8a9cfe70735eae7f/3fec6ac54de77eb6-58/s1280x1920/96f9792390d13f978403169706c6e2af02ec2639.jpg); background-size: 180%; background-position: 60% 50%; border: 2px solid #c5ecf1; box-shadow: 5px 5px #c24f66; [/class] [class=circletext] position: absolute; overflow: visible; width: 100%; height: 100%; left: 0px; top: 0px; border-radius: 100%; background-image: url(https://66.media.tumblr.com/03217f6fff293417e33dc852a24818d0/3fec6ac54de77eb6-de/s640x960/398cad46035c99b5c0f58f8df4bacfd3949ecda5.jpg); background-size: 180%; background-position: 60% 50%; border: 1px solid #c5ecf1; box-shadow: 5px 5px #c24f66; text-align: center; font-family: Calligraffitti; font-size: 12px; color: #c5ecf1; [/class] [class=hidden] display:none; [/class] [script class=circlepic on=mouseenter] fadeIn 0500 circletext [/script] [script class=circlepic on=mouseleave] fadeOut 0500 circletext [/script] [class=basics] position: absolute; overflow: auto; width: 330px; height: 210px; border-radius: 10px; background: #87bfd6; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px; line-height: 14px; [/class] [class=basicscontainer] position: absolute; overflow: hidden; width: 330px; height: 229px; left: 25px; top: 361px; border: 1px solid #c5ecf1; border-radius: 10px; background: #87bfd6; box-shadow: 5px 5px #c24f66; [/class] [class=pages] position: absolute; overflow: auto; width: 308px; height: 530px; border-radius: 10px; background: #87bfd6; padding: 10px; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; line-height: 14px; [/class] [class=textcontainer] position: absolute; overflow: hidden; width: 310px; height: 545px; left: 400px; top: 45px; border: 1px solid #c5ecf1; border-radius: 10px; background: #87bfd6; box-shadow: 5px 5px #c24f66; [/class] [class=subtitle] height: 10px; display: inline-block; background: #000131; padding: 0px 4px 5px 3px; color: #c5ecf1; font-size: 10px; font-family: Source Sans Pro; font-weight: 200; box-shadow: 2px 2px #c24f66; text-transform: uppercase; margin: 2px; [/class] [class=header1] position: absolute; left: -22px; top: 336px; overflow: hidden; width: 294px; height: 60px; text-align: center; font-style: normal; font-family: Calligraffitti; font-weight: normal; font-size: 20px; color: #c5ecf1; align-content: center; text-shadow: 3px 3px #c24f66; [/class] [class=header2] position: absolute; left: 340px; top: 20px; overflow: hidden; width: 294px; height: 60px; text-align: center; font-style: normal; font-family: Calligraffitti; font-weight: normal; font-size: 20px; color: #c5ecf1; align-content: center; text-shadow: 3px 3px #c24f66; [/class] [class=credit] position: absolute; left: 260px; top: 610px; overflow: hidden; width: 225px; height: 26px; text-align: center; font-family: Segoe UI; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 8px; color: #730b29; [/class]
[div class=bkgd][div class=bkgdpic][/div]
[div class=name]Cleo[/div]
[div class=circlepic][div class="circletext hidden"]

[/div][/div]
[div class=basicscontainer][div class=basics][div class=subtitle]full name[/div] Cleo Wells

[div class=subtitle]age[/div] 17

[div class=subtitle]gender[/div] female

[div class=subtitle]sexuality[/div] bisexual

[div class=subtitle]house[/div] Slytherin

[div class=subtitle]year[/div] 7th

[div class=subtitle]height/weight[/div] 5'7" / 180lbs

[div class=subtitle]blood status[/div] half-blood

[div class=subtitle]face claim[/div] Barbie Ferreira
[/div][/div][div class=header1]how would you define me?[/div]
[div class=textcontainer][div class=pages][div class=subtitle]wand[/div]
11 & 1/4 dogwood, unicorn hair core, surprisingly swishy flexibility pic here

[div class=subtitle]family[/div]
Cleo is considered a half-blood by most wizards and witches but the truth is that her mother is the real half-blood. If you wanted to be more specific Cleo is actually 3/4ths pure. Her Grandma Stacy is the muggleborn of the family. Her mother Daniella and father Joshua met when they were attending Howarts and were married just two years after graduation. Cleo also has a younger sister, Flora, who is starting her 4th year at Hogwarts. She is a Ravenclaw and only really bothers her older sister if she wants something.

[div class=subtitle]owl scores[/div]
Cleo is an average student. She excels in the classes she finds interesting and does fine in the others. She is no scholar but she also isn't struggling. Her OWL scores are as followed:
O in Potions, O in Herbology, E in Astronomy, A in Charms, A in Transfigurations, A in History of Magic, P in Defense Against the Dark Arts

[div class=subtitle]extracurricular[/div]
Cleo is active in her extracurriculars but she also enjoys her own time. Because of this she is an active member in only one club. She is part of the Potions club and loves spending her time in the lab. She is also taking two elective classes that she finds interesting. She is taking Divination and Care for Magical Creature along with her NEWT level classes.

[div class=subtitle]newt classes[/div]
Because she did not excel in all her OWL scores she it limited to only a few potential NEWT classes. Lucky for her all the classes she wanted she is elegable. For her seventh year at Hogwarts Cleo will be taking NEWT level Potions, Herbology, and Astronomy. She will also be taking two elective classes: Divination and Care for Magical Creatures.

[div class=subtitle]future profession[/div]
Cleo is dead set on opening her own potions shop after graduation. She has always loved Potions class and has easily found it the most interesting class. And she is more than determined to run a successfull business on Diagon Alley. She knows that particular location is in high demand but she will not let the idea go. She will open an apothocary there an nothing will stop her.

[/div][/div][div class=header2]how would i define me?[/div]
[div class=credit]code by sox[/div]
[/div]

Last edited:
MV5BNzI5Mjg0MjQ0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzg0NDc0OTE@._V1_SY500_CR0,0,333,500_AL_.jpg

How many times do I have to tell you that there are safety precautions for a reason?
Wynona
Basic

Name: Wynona Elise Ryder

Nicknames: Wayne

Sexuality: Panromantic Asexual

Height: 5'8

Blood Status: Muggleborn

Family Members:
  • Frank Ryder - Father | 39 | Alive | Bank Manager
  • Mikaela Ryder - Mother | 40 | Alive | Journalist
  • Harvey Felix Ryder - Younger brother | 9 | Student
  • Hailey Felissa Ryder - Younger sister | 9 | Student
Wand: Hawthorn, Thunderbird Tail Feather, 12", purchased directly from Ollivander
Hogwarts

Year: Seventh

House: Hufflepuff

Preferred Profession: Healer or Auror - she prefers the former but would still have the qualifications for the latter

OWLs Scores:
  • Charms - E
  • Arithmancy - A
  • Study of Ancient Runes - E
  • Defense Against the Dark Arts - E
  • Herbology - O
  • History of Magic - A
  • Potions - O
  • Transfiguration - O
  • Care of Magical Creatures - O
NEWT classes:
  • Charms
  • Defense Against the Dark Arts
  • Herbology
  • Potions
  • Transfiguration
  • Study of Ancient Runes
  • Magical Theory
Taken Electives
  • Apparition Class
  • Flying Class
School Hobbies:
  • Hufflepuff Prefect
  • Care of Magical Creatures Club
  • Transfiguration Club
  • Training under Madame Pomfrey and is therefore often seen at the hospital wing
  • Volunteers to oversee healing for the Dueler's Society
  • Bakes. A lot. She typically has a batch ready to go.
Diary Entry

Dear Diary,

Have you ever looked at a list of rules and thought to yourself, "Hm, I can see where they're coming from but is this really the way to do it?" Yeah well that's how I feel right now when I'm looking over what Minister of Magic had written. I can see these being precautions they would take so that the muggles would never discover the magical world - aside from those who gained magic, like myself, and the family of a muggleborn, like the rest of my family.

Mom seemed to have shrugged it off. Minister Thorne was making good progress with tearing down the traditional barriers the purebloods have built up over the years. She was making history happen and she's gone through a lot of backlash for it. She was changing so many things that it was like she was rebuilding everything from the ground up. But I digress, my main point here is that maybe she isn't so bad after all. I know that some of my pureblood friends have had trouble - their traditional wear was something that wasn't allowed anymore and so were the other older equipment (they borrowed pens).

It's... well, it's kind of a bit excessive. Closing down Ollivanders and then putting some sort of tracking chip into everyone's wands? Overkill much? I know it's because they want to help and be there immediately when a witch or wizard is in trouble, it feels a bit too invasive. Poor Ollivander - the excited first years won't be flocking to that shop anymore. Visiting Diagon Alley when all the life had been sucked away from it was really sad. Not even Harvey and Hailey had the energy to turn everything positive.

But hey, let's see where this goes. It's a trial period. I just hope it doesn't get in the way of school. Danger aside, I'm really looking forward to graduating from Hogwarts and studying full time under other healers and then working. But that's too far ahead. We'll see.

Last edited:
original.jpg

NAME
Caroline Farrow

GENDER IDENTITY
Female

BLOOD STATUS
Half blood

FAMILY MEMBERS
Bartimaeus Farrow (father, pure blood)
Sydney Swan (mother, muggle)
Asher Farrow (brother, 14, squib)

HOGWARTS HOUSE
Ravenclaw

YEAR

PREFERRED POST SCHOOL PROFESSION
An interrogator in Wizengamot, with ambitions of becoming the Chief Warlock

WAND
f737d0ff0eb444e7326b7bee1ed28dd9a33062e4r1-2048-1152v2_hq.jpg

WAND CORE
Phoenix feather

WAND WOOD
Yew

PLACE OF PURCHASE
Ollivanders

LIST OF OWL SCORES
Charms ~ O
Transfiguration ~ O
Herbology ~ A
DADA ~ O
Ancient Runes ~ O
Potions ~ E
Arithmancy ~ O
Alchemy ~ O
History of Magic ~ O

CLASSES AT NEWT LEVEL
Charms, Transfiguration, DADA, Ancient Runes, Arithmancy, Alchemy, History of Magic

SCHOOL HOBBIES
Duelling Club, Charms Club

EXTRA CREDIT CLASSES
Apparition

DIARY ENTRY
There is now a ministry official at Hogwarts and Ollivanders has been closed. Upon reading this, I expected to see significant outcry at the blatant display of tyranny, but so far the Wizarding populace has remained largely docile. I'm disappointing, but hardly surprised. They've never been the greatest at spotting a flawed system, especially the purebloods. Just look at the ease with which the likes of Voldemort and Grindelwald achieved power within the higher circles of Wizarding society - those pureblooded families are so obsessed with retaining their own incestuous purity that they'd bend over backwards to anyone who promises protection from the muggles.

The Minister herself is an idiot. She seems far too paranoid. If I were in her place, of course, things would run much more smoothly. Unfortunately I can't begin to hope for such power for at least another year; I'm stuck at Hogwarts with, no doubt, a ministry official breathing down my neck. Disgusting.

I can't pretend I dislike school, at least in the absence of the ministry. It's fun, being the best. Of course, I don't have all that many friends, but I don't need them. I know my place and my place is at the top of the class. Besides, all this petty school drama is exactly my cup of tea. Sometimes in life you just have to appreciate the little things, like making fourth years cry and taunting the Gryffindors. Awfully childish, I know, but I'm not going to pretend to be above it.

Anyway, that's all for now. I bid you, my dear Diary, adieu.

Let me know if you want me to change anything.

Name
Bellamira Rosetta Jarsdel

Gender Identity
Cis Female

https://nicepricesell.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Short-Emo-Hairstyles-for-Girls.jpg

Blood Status
Half-Breed Veela (technically only quarter Veela from her mother's side of family)

Family Members;
  • Mother, Estella Gertrude Jarsdel (nee Dankworth) (imprisoned)
  • Father, Mosby Willard Jarsdel (Deceased)
  • Brother, William Gregor Jarsdel (Deceased)
  • Grandfather, Ecard Victor Jarsdel (Deceased) (Fathers Side)
  • Grandfather, Arthur Conner Dankworth (Current Guardian to Bellamira)
  • Grandmother, Muriel Laurentia Jarsdel (Deceased) (Also Ecard's cousin)
  • Grandmother, Esmeralda AstriaDankworth (Deceased)

House
Slytherin

Year
Seventh Year

Preferred Profession
Quidditch Player (Beater)

Wand Core
White river monster spine

Wand Wood
Aspen

Flexibility and length
Pliant and 11 3/4 inch

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/23/4b/4c/234b4c26464982ab65d5a5155ddb5d6d.jpg

Place of Purchase
Wands of the World. Traveling wand merchant who buys and sells wands of the highest quality from various makers. Name of the merchant is Horace Nithercott.

OWL Scores and Electives;
  • Defense against the Dark Arts, O
  • Potions, O
  • Ancient Runes, O
  • Care for Magical Creatures, E
  • Charms, E
  • Arithmancy, E
  • History of Magic, A
  • Transfiguration, A
  • Herbology, P
  • Astronomy, D
  • Apparition, passed
  • Flying Course, passed
  • French Language Course, passed
NEWT Classes;
  • Defence against the Dark Arts
  • Potions
  • Ancient Runes
  • Charms
  • Care for Magical Creatures
  • Arithmancy
School Hobbies;
  • Pranking.
  • Quidditch (plays beater for Slytherin).
  • Reading about how brooms are made.
  • Duelling club.
  • Potions club.
  • Gaining dirt on other people.
Diary Entry
I stayed with my Gandpa on the Dankworth private island in the English Channel. It's really nice being just as close to France as it is to England. Makes it so they can easily pay a visit to either one regularly. Though sometimes muggle ships come a bit to close blowing their damn fog horns. The family is real annoyed that the ministry has denied their petition to extend the muggle repelling and redirection wards further out. On the up side they were able to welcome a new family to the island and this one was French. Ever since Grandpa started selling parts of the island to traditional magical families it's gotten a lot more lively and we even had a festival this summer. There are now over forty families living on the island with fairly decent houses so they don't spoil the view. But they aren't as nice as the castle we live in. I can't believe we are now the second official all magical village in Britain, however it sucks that the Minister's new law prevents us from looking proper in public anymore. I had to go to muggle London and buy muggle clothes though thankfully I found something tasteful. I believe the muggle behind the counter said the style was goth. Now they are talking about putting trackers on all our wands and I'm just glad I can move to France after this year. Grandpa has been muttering about petitioning the French Ministry to let the island be incorporated into Magical France. The island is technically private property but it's unlikely the British Ministry would let them leave and join another country.

A couple days before I have to leave for my final year at Hogwarts I got to visit my mum in Azkaban. She was still ranting and raving about Pureblood supremacy that was put into her head by father. I hate how everyone at school still treats me like I'm a follower of Voldemort like mother and father were. I hate them so much since they got my older brother killed while trying to fight off the Aurors sent to capture them. The fighting got so bad it collapsed the cave we were hiding in. I was buried with an injured Auror for two days. I'm still terrified of small spaces and get panic attacks. My healer says I'm getting better considering I can now write about it without shaking so much that it makes my writing illegible. What's was worse is that they marked me with a copied version of the Death Eater tattoo when I was little and they were in hiding. Speaking of which another healer and two curse breakers failed to remove it so still no short sleeves for me without long gloves. It is so hard speaking to people about that point in my life that most only know what was said in the Daily Prophet. If you believe them then I'm the next Dark Lord along with several other people. It doesn't hurt their perception of me that the Jarsdel family were blood bigots and the Dankworth family is dead set against marrying muggles. We have nothing against marrying magicals of any race in fact Grandpa said he would happier if I married a house elf or a squib instead of a muggle just this year.

I wonder if that idiot defence teacher will listen to me and start teaching us some dark spells, which are highly misunderstood. He would understand that if he read my uncle's book Misunderstandings About Dark Arts. At least professor Hagrid liked the book I gave him by my aunt called Magical Creatures of the Unknown. It tells people all about magical creatures that haven't been properly documented yet. Though most people deny any of them actually exist including Hagrid surprisingly enough considering how trusting and gullible he is. Though Hagrid does say it would be nice if a Pigmy Dragon did exist that way he could keep the dog sized creature in his house. Well at least after I finish at Hogwarts I will finally get my hands on the main Jarsdel vault that's a least that's some good news. I wonder who is going to be on the Quidditch teams this year as I really need it to be a good year for Slytherin to be in with a shot at going professional. To bad my idea for an all star inter house team which would compete against other schools wasn't accepted.

Last edited:

[class=picture] position: relative; display: inline-block; [/class] [class=text] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top: 0; left: 0; opacity: 0; background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2); color: white; z-index: 2; [/class] [class name=text state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [div class=picture] [div class=text]
"Damien J. Hartwell"
[/div]​
» BASICS
Name: Damien J. Hartwell
Nickname: Dames
Sexuality: Bisexual
Blood Status: Pureblood

Wand Core: Phoenix Feather
Wand Wood: Hawthorn, Slightly Springy
Length: 14 Inches
Place of Purchase: Olivander's, 1st year at Hogwarts
c464ab22ecb450fbb6fea0aab93986aa74e2fa00_hq.jpg

Family:
Mother:
Janet (32)
Father: Francis (42)
Brother: Alexander (15)
Sister: Camilla (15)

» HOGWARTS

House: Ravenclaw
Year: Seventh
Future Profession: Auror
OWL Scores/ NEWT Classes:

Ancient Runes:
O ~NEWT
Astronomy: A
Charms: O ~ NEWT
Herbology: E
Transfiguration: O ~ NEWT
Care for Magical Creatures: E
History of Magic: A
Potions: O ~ NEWT
Defense Against the Dark Arts: O ~ NEWT

SCHOOL HOBBIES
Dueling Society
Ravenclaw Quidditch Team

EXTRA CREDIT CLASSES
Alchemy
Animagus
(Attempting at least)

» Dairy;

The Day Before the Return to Hogwarts

I head back to Hogwarts tomorrow, and to be frank, I’m nervous. The Minister has made a lot of choice regarding the safety of the Magical World, some if not most of them are questionable. While I understand that most of it are about our safety, something just feels wrong about having a ministry official at the school. Let’s just hope its not like those horror stories that still circle about the last time a ministry official had power at the school. Mom said there was nothing to worry about.

My mom and I went to Diagon Alley the other day, and it was crushing to see the state of the once lively place of magic, having turned into a mundane and colorless place. Walking past the closed and dark Olivander’s really brought the reality of the Minister’s new regime into perspective. I’m thankful that I wasn’t introduced to this version of the world as a first-year, who will never know the wonder of walking into the shop and experience the true connection that is formed between the wand and the caster.

The Train to Hogwarts

The morale of the upper-class students at the school is low, but many are hiding it behind catching up with the friends they didn’t get a chance to see over the summer break. Even as the train travels towards school the cabins are silent, there are no real conversations outside of the ones to pass the time. No one is sure what to expect as they prepare to start the year. It heartwarming, I guess, to see the excitement of the first year, who talk adamantly about the classes they are hopeful to take, and the different interests they hope to pursue over the year. I think I am gonna try and put a smile on my face and power through. But I don’t know anymore.

[/div]
codedbycrucialstar | hidden scrolls, hover over photo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back