• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Wizarding World: A Changing of the Times - CLOSED

TYPE

Now what?
1569457340538.png
PROPHET_FINAL.png

8w5aYJC3beVtHO2ZzMjPEHK6MLZPh9yMDRrvl_bW6xvoEIR4CZEcsY-U5YShWujcmPYdz0mC0wa8a5Od6-mCCREE-h58-SGs4M0dLlgkuq8dL0XJfQjVIKPt_Ji2PgAxzhlPTsm1
Hello, all

Thank you for taking the time to explore this here RP with us. As you might have guessed, some woman known only as Magdalene Thorne has taken over the Ministry, claiming that many heroes of the The Second Wizarding War have been compromised through the use of dark magic. Not only that, she has the wit and the skill to cow even the most fervent of critics. Every attempt at trying to remove her via politics has failed. Every attempt at trying to remove her by force has failed in dramatic fashion. The fact that she does not seem to actively hate any individual group, does not seem to want to undermine any specific denomination of wizard, and that she has cut down the roots of ancient and undeserved power - has had many questioning the harsh resistance she has come up against. This has all built up a base of people who feel that - as long as she is actually keeping to her seemingly impossible promises - then why don’t they just allow her presence? And that has worked for the most part. As of late, however, she has become more and more concerned with the Statute of Secrecy, banning more and more of what makes up the traditions and values of wizarding life. Many of the quirks that make up society are being forced out. Diagon Alley slowly seems to turn into a London Business District and people are walking around in suits and ties.

You are a seventh year student at Hogwarts. The old castle itself has not escaped the new decrees, with a Ministry official, not unlike a certain pink woman, having been assigned to make sure everything is up to standard. Much to the chagrin of most within. Unlike Dolores, this official insist on quality education with failing students being all resources and help they need to thrive. Naturally this has led to a conflict of opinion, even amongst faculty and parents as to their stance on the new regime.

It remains to be seen how much or how little life at Hogwarts will change and what events are likely to occur in your final year before N.E.W.T. exams. We invite you to find out. Will you let the leash of the Ministry lead you towards a future out of your control. Or will you rage against the machine, and refuse to quietly go into the night.

Tag me if you have any questions.

Last edited:
I have captured my interest.
I am glad you have managed this. If this has captured your interest as well, do let me know. :)
{PS: The Boyfriend informed me that my tendency to use sarcasm and make jokes is not very well conveyed here. I meant this to be funny. I am glad you replied.}

Last edited:
Heya everyone. Glad to see that there are some of you who are interested. We will give this a second to percolate before moving on from the interest check. But again, quite glad to see some interest.

Okay guys. The time is nigh - we are gonna begin this. I think that we have given the rest of the SITE enough time. So - if you guys have any last minute things, let me know. Beyond that - I am thinking that we get the CS up before the end of the day. So, have a look out - and I will also ta you all. Just to be sure.

Hey guys. So... I dun goofed. Had an emergency level 19 DnD game last night. But I am back at it again. Definitely getting those CSs up pronto. And welcome to all the stragglers. You is most welcome upon this here ship.

LOL - the placeholder was just for me to have the TOP spot for my CS. TO serve as a sort of guide in the future. But glad for y'alls enthusiasm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back