• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Within Tormented Space (Sci-Fi/Action/Supernatural)

Darrian_Gabriel

Sicarii Assassin
Within tormented space RP poster.jpg

24,098 A.G.A.

General Commander's Log
My mission is now entering it's fourth solar cycle, it's hard to believe that it's already been four cycles since the Uni-Forces Science & Tech Command sent me out within these barren and seemingly empty expanses of black space. The Schism has held up remarkably well, I must say. I still consider it an honor to be continuing the work that my father and grand father started when they built this exceptional vessel. However on a more sullen note, sadly I've made very limited progress these last four cycles. The Schism was built to bridge the impossible chasm between science and sorcery, to understand what creates the essence of a soul and somehow digitize and anchor this unfathomable force on a dimensional plane of an advanced artificial intelligence, is proving quite difficult. But I feel close. But to my current situation...a Uni-Forces Incarceration Travel Runner has just contacted my vessel. It seems that they were on their way to Talo-Erebus, a maximum security penal colony within the Shiva Star System, about twelve thousand metras away, when they sprung a nasty Cesium fuel leak. Even though I'm on a top secret research mission, I still fall under Uni-Forces military protocol and under Uni-Code 48 Articles of Internment, they have ordered me to rendezvous with the Runner in order that they complete their "cargo" transport to the penal colony. In this case their shipment is a contingent of exceptionally dangerous prisoners being transferred from Deca containment...and unfortunately there's no getting out of it. The Runner is mere hours away from docking and I have a gnawing feeling that this could jeopardize all the data I've manage to collect. If these prisoners were to somehow get loose aboard The Schism, there's no telling the damage they could do. But I can't let myself think like that, they'll be under heavy guard after all. I'm sure everything will go smoothly...

So this will be a sci-fi, supernatural thriller set in the far flung future. Our characters will be a set of dangerous prisoners being transported to a maximum security prison colony to either serve out a life sentence or be executed. Our military transport vessel has unexpectedly sprung a serious fuel leak en route and we are forced to dock with a top secret research vessel named The Schism, which is supposed to take us the rest of the way to Talo-Erebus. What we don't know, is that this ship is a hybrid fusion, containing both a highly advanced A.I. and a mysterious form of black sorcery known as Necro-Tech. The Schism was built in order to bridge the gap between our realm and whatever lies beyond death. While on board, our characters stage a mutiny...and all Hell literally breaks loose. Several different alien species creation welcome, just keep it reasonable.

Great to see such high interest this early on! I'll be getting up an OOC and Character Creation thread either tomorrow or Friday.

OK guys, everything's up.

Within Tormented Space OOC
Within Tormented Space Character Thread

FYI...Humans in the traditional sense have gone extinct. In this future universe, they have been replaced by Darr-Sapiens, a much more evolved offshoot of Homo Sapiens, basically what Humans will evolve into some twenty four thousand years into the future. But you are free to create your own unique alien species if you wish.

Windjammer Windjammer Nellis Nellis Ramjammer Ramjammer spiralingheretic spiralingheretic Knight boi Knight boi Constantin Valdor Constantin Valdor Ponder Ponder Alvaris Alvaris darkred darkred seasonedcat seasonedcat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back