• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Khrona Tensei

"Nothing Is Ever A Waste Until You Give Up On It."
In the Dimension known as the Veritas, whose Universe is also known as the Veritas, there existed a planet in the wide expanse of planets owned by the Tensei Royal Family. The Tensei had colonized each of the planets of the Veritas Universe by command of their Progenitor who spawned the species of being in the multitudes with his power. He, the Progenitor, is the Dimension and Universe themselves. On this particular planet, it had a well-oriented society that had adapted to greater lifestyles. Their society was simple, yet advanced, and many people had a variety of powers, especially those who mated with the Tensei, who were born with powers.

The story begins with the Progenitor in one of his Thirteen forms -- the Eighth, which is the entire Veritas Universe -- overseeing the Universe and coming to observe this specific planet because of a strange anomaly that reared up in the flux of energy that surged throughout the Universe like the veins of the one who was this universe -- which they were. Sitting in deep meditation, the cosmic entity of eight arms and a form that encompassed all of the planets, solar systems, galaxies, and so on of the Veritas would shift, which caused both dramatic and subtle changes in the universe. He was going back down to his humanoid form to have a look at this planet with the anomaly happening.

Closing his stellar eyes, the one Overlord Tensei -- who is the Veritas Universe in its entirety -- would rest his higher self and transfer his consciousness straight to this planet within him. He appeared as a man with crystalline hair that was colored a deep blue and wore a signature black jacket with some black pants and boots, the most distinguishing feature being the living soul used as his belt buckle.

Once on the planet, he traced the anomaly to its source to find... A high school?

Sens stared at the piece of paper in front of him, his expression one of defeat. This was the second time in his nineteen years of existence that he was taking this test, and he still did not remember doing any of the problems in class. His dark black eyes travelled from the paper in front of him, to the clock at the front of the room, and back to his test in dismay. Everyone in the classroom was done with their exams and now diverting their full attention at the only kid who had yet to finish his. He could practically feel their stares like hot knives stabbing him in his back. ‘Save me. Please.’ He prayed to whoever was listening. ‘This is the perfect time for something to happen.’

Fortunately, Overlord Tensei was psychic and picked up on the thoughts of the anomaly as he had them, isolating those from anyone else's so that he could track what he was doing at the time. He seemed to be taking a test. Overlord Tensei smiled softly, remembering vividly the days of his adolescence, when he created the Veritas and became what suspended it in its several forms. "Good Times..." he muttered, though he knew there was tragedy within those alleged 'good times'.

Speaking of tragedy, he had witnessed with 'Remote Viewing' -- a psychic technique -- that the anomaly was not exactly doing his best on his exam. Now, Overlord Tensei was known throughout the ENTIRETY of the Veritas as one of the forms of the Progenitor, and the Tensei inhabited all of the planets that were within the Veritas Universe after a wide-scale colonization that happened some time after he produced the first spawns. Time was relative, so they'd been reproducing for generations out in deep space with all sorts of beings, and also making each planet capable of harnessing life as well as other beings.

All that to say, Overlord Tensei wouldn't just be any old Average Joe walking around on one of his planets. He'd be seen as something far, far, far greater.

Making his way through the school doors shrouded by his jacket, he spoke to the receptionist quickly to have them make an announcement that Overlord Tensei had come to visit the school. This would cause everything going on to be put on hold for the day due to his appearance, and he would pass by teacher and student alike all awed by his presence, though he looked relatively normal. His crystal blue eyes scanned the interior of the building with his 'Hyper Perception' and he eventually scouted out the anomaly, which he was going to confront.

"Hello, Class..." Overlord Tensei said in a drab and dark, but tender and loving tone, "I'm Here For A Visit To See A Certain Someone." He looked to the teacher. "You Wouldn't Mind If I Were To Take Him From You, Would You?" He looked to Sens and nodded, ready to help him in his time of need... And also dispel the anomalous behaviors acting in kind because of him.

As soon as Sens offered up his desperate prayer, he immediately felt an overwhelming presence in the premise. It was almost suffocating how—the teen couldn’t even describe it.
Power. It felt like power personified was in the other room. Just when it was getting hard to breathe, the intercoms blared. “Attention all students and faculty, Overlord Tensei has graced us with a visit. Please be in your best behavior, and welcome him in good spirits!” The murmurs spread throughout the room like wildfire.
“Overlord Tensei??” “What is he doing over here?” “What does he want from our school, we’re not even the biggest school in the distance?!”
Sens blocked out the whispers, and focused on controlling his breathing. How were they able to talk so freely? Did they not feel this overpowering aura? He glanced at his teacher who’s face was as white as a ghosts and instantly felt better knowing that he wasn’t the only one. The minutes after were tense and silent. It was so quiet the students were able to hear each other’s breathing. Everyone held their breath when footsteps sharply broke through the silence. ‘Surely his not going to be coming to this classroom.’ Sens thought, swallowing a lump in his throat. The footsteps increasingly became louder until it stopped at the door outside the class.
As soon as Overlord Tensei walked in he knew that it was him—that overwhelming, suffocating presence. What was even scarier... he knew that the Overlord was looking for him. As he spoke to the teacher, Sens took in his appearance. To his surprise the overlord looked surprisingly Human, but when the Eighth stared into his eyes he knew that he was far from human. Sens had never seen eyes that blue before, they bore right into his soul and made him feel absolutely naked. Could he read his mind?
“Of course, Overlord Tensei. We were just about to wrap up our final exams. But I’ll just make him retake it another time. Feel free to take him out of the class.” The teacher bowed respectfully, before turning to Sens with an inquisitive look. Sens couldn’t read minds but he could see “What the hell did you do?” written all over her face.
“Leave your test on your table, urm, Overlord Tensei would like to speak with you.” One by one everyone’s attention was on him for the second time in the day. The murmuring didn’t start back up, but Sens already knew what they were thinking. He walked rather slowly up to the front of the class where the two were standing.

Naturally, Overlord Tensei was used to the treatment he was receiving from the school's students and faculty. It was like that any time he made a new appearance somewhere that only knew of the Tensei influence and not of the Tensei head, who usually kept himself with the Royal Family, dealing with matters beyond the universe and dimension. When the teacher gave the okay to take Sens, Overlord Tensei bowed his head slightly and said, "Thank You. I Apologize For Appearing So Suddenly, And With So Little Time Left In Class... But This Child Here Has Gotten My Attention." Perhaps that may make Sens the envy of the class, but that much could be worried about at a later date. As of right now, Overlord Tensei was here to deal with the anomaly.

"Come With Me And We'll Speak Somewhere More Private," he said to Sens, "I Don't Want Any Personal Business Spoken Out Loud Before The Class." He opened the door to the classroom and awaited Sens, speaking directly into his mind with his psychic power. 'Do Not Be Alarmed,' Overlord Tensei thought to Sens and Sens alone, 'It Is Just Me Speaking To You Through Your Mind. I Heard Your Plea... And There Is Something Phenomenal About You That I Must Look Into Personally.' That said, -- or, thought, rather, -- Overlord Tensei awaited Sens' response to the situation. Overlord Tensei stepped outside of the classroom and looked around to see if there were any other students or staff roaming about, and if there were, he could always take this conversation outside of the school.

Sens stood rather awkwardly as Overlord Tensei finished his discussion with the instructor.

“....But This Child Here Has Gotten My Attention." Sens eyes widen slightly. What had he done to get the attention of such a powerful being. His mind started coming up with thousands of reasons why the Overlord was interested in him, and none of them were good. The teen put his hands in his hoodie pocket, and looked down at his feet. After the Overlord finished talking with the teacher he opened the door inviting Sens to go first. Sens rather awkwardly walked out of the class, semi bowing at the diety.
Every student was taught from a young age the proper etiquette needed when meeting a member of the royal family. However all those years of teaching went out of his brain in the face of the real deal. He was about to mutter a ‘thank you’ when he heard the Overlord speaking to him in his voice. Although he had met many a telepaths—his mom was one, their abilities were always rather limited in a way. Some needed to have physical contact, others needed eye contact (Sens mom), and others couldn’t use it past a certain distance. Overlord Tensei’s telepathy was clear and distinct, and seemed to have no such limitations.
At the Tensei’s reassuring words, Sens flashed a smile that he hoped was convincing. What was so phenomenal about him? His abilities were rather subpar. He could sense the emotion of others effortlessly, but what good did that do? He was often bullied for having such a useless ability as a kid, but as he got older he was was just ignored. He was a slacker, and his grades and work ethic was terrible and he lacked motivation to do anything other than sleep or play video games.

“Mister, I mean Overlord Tensei, erm, sir. With all due respect I don’t know what you find so phenomenal about me. I’m just a regular guy, however, this kid in my class, I think his name is Jasper. He can use telekinesis, and is an honor roll student... and this girl, Emma, can control plants..” Sens sighed looking at the Overlords piercing eyes. “My point is I’m certain that there are others that are far more worth your time.”

Sens instantly paled as he realized the gravity of his words. “I-I mean not that I’m telling you what to do with your time.” He added quickly, bowing in apology several times.

A soft chuckle came from Overlord Tensei as he listened to the words of Sens both with his mouth and in his mind. He was an honest young man and humble, and that, Overlord Tensei could respect. He was sure that this anomalous energy was coming from Sens, and that either meant one of two things: That he was unaware of his power, or he had yet to awaken it. Ovelord Tensei might as well explain the matter to him a bit more thoroughly, but he didn't want any other people to hear him, including other telepaths or general psychics.

"Let's Go Outside," Overlord Tensei suggested, the realm around them beginning to distort by just his words alone. The atmosphere warped and contorted for a moment or so until the two of them were outside of the school, completely alone. Class hadn't been let out just yet.

That done, Overlord Tensei made sure the coast was clear before speaking to Sens, "You Have More Power Than You Realize. I Have Come Here Because I Have Picked Up On Your Energy Signature From Far Beyond The Cosmos, Which Is A Very Big Thing When It Comes To Those Who Can Sense Energy." There was a warm smile of compassion on Overlord Tensei's face, which brightened as he continued to say, "I Apologize For Prying Into Your Mind. I Usually Refrain From Doing That These Days, But... You Lack Confidence And Skill With Your Power. To Sense Emotions. That Can Lead To Great Things, If Channeled Correctly." There was more to it all than that, but perhaps he should have just left it there for the moment.

"I Want You To Come And Train With Me For A While So That We Can Awaken And Harness This Hidden Potential Within You. Then You Will Not Feel So Down On Yourself, As You Seem To." Overlord Tensei opened up a Dimension Gate portal behind himself, which poured with energy and color. If Sens could read Overlord Tensei's emotions, he'd find that even though he was calm and composed, he was teeming with excitement and happiness. "The Ability To Sense Emotions Can Go A Long Way, Especially When Being Able To Read Your Opponent. It Can Make You Quite Formidable If You Understand It, And Even Grow Into Things Like Channeling Your Own Emotions Into Raw Power That You Can Control Outside Of Your Body." Overlord Tensei had a great deal of powers, as he had to since the Tensei people had at least one of every power that there was spread about the entire species. How could they have it unless their Progenitor possessed it first? "I May Not Look It, But I Have The Power To Sense Emotions As Well. For Me, It Is A Psychic Power Known As 'Empathy', And I Have Honed It To A Point Where I Can Cause My Very Emotions To Have Their Own Energetic Or Physical Forms Coupled With An Element Based On Which Emotion That Is." Overlord Tensei may have been explaining a lot, but he felt that Sens could keep up.

"So," Overlord Tensei said, looking to Sens with his shimmering crystal blue eyes, "Will You Join Me? No Need To Worry About Formalities. I Understand Your True Emotions, And That's What I Look For In Others Beyond Their Formalities." If Sens would accept the offer, he would be allowed to enter the Dimension Gate to a private plane of the Veritas that was closed off from the others; a part of the Crystal Garden and the Panda Plexus, which was the central point for all Dimension Gate travel when entering the Veritas.

Sens eyes widened as the world around them began to distort. Just as soon as the disruption began it ended and Sens found himself outside the school building with the deity. The teen shivered in both awe, and bewilderment at this show of power. Was this teleportation? He had only met one teleported in his entire life in grade school, and he had never seen her teleporting just by saying a few words. Usually she had to have a clear picture of where she wanted to go in her mind, and had to have been there before.
Sens cleared his mind. He had more pressing things to think about. ‘His the Overlord, these things are to be expected.’ As the overlord began to fill him on why he was interested in him, Sens sensed nothing but excitement and happiness. Teach him? Train him? Just a couple minutes ago he was a 18 year old kid about to fail his final exam, which would then doom him to repeat another year or Highschool. He had basically no friends, and was a loner who slept and played video games for fun.... and now? The Overlord himself was offering to train him to unlock a hidden power he had within, that was so great he could sense it from beyond the cosmos. How could he refuse.
Sens couldn’t help him the cheesy smile that spread on his lips. ‘Relax.. Sens. Don’t appear like you need it so much, or he might realize how useless you are and take away the offer.’

“Uhm, I’ll have to check my schedule.” This was a lie. Sens had nothing special he had to do. “I’m pretty busy, but erm I think I can rain check a few thin-“ The teen stopped mid sentence when he suddenly remembered that the Overlord was able to read his mind.

Overlord Tensei was silent as Sens contemplated what would be a very important life decision for him. Overlord Tensei understood what it had to have meant for this to have sprung upon Sens so suddenly, so he was ready for all of the overwhelming shock. He kept his stagnant soft smile and gaze of crystal blue on Sens as he thought, then suddenly began to laugh out loud a bit heartily for seemingly no apparent reason.

"Hahahahaha! Well, I Don't Think You Quite Realize Your Own Good, Yourself. So I'm Here To Help You Learn." The anomalous activity that was around Sens was striking to Overlord Tensei, even if Sens could not tell what it was nor sense its presence within and around him. But then, Overlord Tensei turned, his jacket cloaking his form as he started to take steps toward the Dimension Gate. "If You Think You're Free, Then, You Can Step Inside This Dimension Gate." Overlord Tensei kept walking, slowly, but surely. "Or," he added, seemingly explicitly, "You Can Return To Your Life And Pretend Like This Never Happened." Overlord Tensei was indeed a deity, so there were things that he could do to influence the situation from a macrocosmic perspective as opposed to a microcosmic perspective face-to-face. The anomaly could be resolved either way, but he decided it was better to acknowledge someone personally rather than influence events around them by hand of the universe, itself. "The Choice Is Yours."

By this time, Overlord Tensei was stepping into the Dimension Gate filled with beautiful rippling color in a plane that was made of crystal, a void black sky overhead. He wouldn't force Sens to do anything. This was a decision that he had to make on his own, and this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Not to say that Overlord Tensei wouldn't come back, but he didn't make appearances very often unless absolutely necessary or unless he felt the personal need to. This time around was a personal need.

Last edited:
Sens was taken aback by the overlords sudden guffaw. He blinked several times before cracking a small smile, and then laughing along. The Overlords laugh was contagious, and helped ease the tenseness that was in the teens chest. At the Overlords ultimatum. The teen had already made his decision, he just didn’t want to be too invested in case it was all just a sick joke. His jaws dropped at the gate that the Overlord had just manifested. This was really it. Could he actually do this? Could he live up to the expectations that the Overlord had of him?
Sens swallowed the lump on his shirt and took a step forward. From here on out there would be no going back.

As Sens stepped through the Dimension Gate, it would close behind him slowly, leaving his planet where he existed behind and transporting him to the isolated plane of existence that people who used the Dimension Gates needed to get through to get in and out of the Veritas most of the time. It wasn't always that way, but the OFFICIAL entrance into the Veritas Mainland was through the Dimension Gate. Otherworlders still had their powers and such, and even people in the Veritas Universe were capable of traversing without the plane of the Dimension Gate.

That aside, Sens would be welcomed by a soaring amount of energy that poured from the color-rippling ground of crystal. There were miniature visuals of the Mainland of the Veritas all around, but they looked like they were made of holographic energy. One could see the entirety of the Mainland from within the Dimension Gate hub, which was how they decided where they wished to travel. But this plane was still isolated and there was more than one. It had to accommodate a lot of traffic, so there were Dimension Gate hubs that existed in alternate realities as copies of the original, of which the two stood. Overlord Tensei was fond of his creations, and so he chose to access the original hub because it was the most special to him.

"I'm Glad You've Decided To Join Me, Sens," Overlord Tensei spake, turning slightly to meet the eye of the teen, "I Didn't Want To Be Lonely Here All By Myself." He chuckled, but Overlord Tensei was sometimes lonely when he traveled the Veritas. He had his wife, but she was also busy doing things, just like his children were, and often grew bored and lonesome all by himself, even when traversing other realms or going throughout the Veritas Universe. "In This Plane Of Existence, You Will Have Limitless Power To Work With, For Energy Flows From The Floating Island We Stand On In The Midst Of This Void. Do Not Get Accustomed To This As A Crutch, But Know That You Will Be Able To Use The Maximum Amount Of Your Capabilities Without Growing Tired Whilst You Are Here." When he was gone, he'd have to deal with what he learned and how much power it used on his own. "Also, Time Is Frozen Here, So When You Appear Back Home, It Will Either Be As If Time Had Not Passed Or..." Overlord Tensei smiled, "I Can Adjust Time To Whatever Period You Think Is Good For Your Return." Overlord Tensei had lots of hidden powers that he didn't reveal to anyone, but merely conducted on his macrocosmic scale as the Veritas Universe itself when it was time.

Finally Overlord Tensei turned completely to face Sens, asking him, "So, Are You Prepared For Training? The First Bit Of It Is Showing Me What You're Capable Of Doing So I Can See What I'm Working With." A hand went to the Overlord's chin as he asked, "You Said You Can Sense Emotions, Correct? Try To See What I Am Feeling, Then, And I Will Tell You If You Are Correct." At that moment, Overlord Tensei's energy should have been visible to Sens, and it would be like a large amount of concentrated cosmic power into the form of a man. The image would be hazy and guarded, yet also neutral and null at the same time, as if there were no emotions within him.

As Sens stepped inside the dimension gate he took one last fleeting glance at the school. He wondered when the next time he would see this place, or even how long it would take to master this power he supposedly had. ‘When I come back here, I’ll be a different person that’s for sure.’ One could not just go train with a diety and come back that same person. Maybe this would help him finally learn to love himself? Once they arrived to their destination Sens instantly felt overwhelmed with power. This time however it came from within. It was like his veins were surging with energy that was ready to burst. He glanced around noting the multi-color crystals in the ground. He could also see holographic looking places floating in the air around them. He studied them before his eyes met a familiar site. That was the planet he was from! Sens quickly deduced that they were in the dimension gate hub.
He turned to face the Overlords when he suddenly spoke, listening intently to what he had to say. At his mention of the power the island had, Sens had an aha moment in his head. So he was right, perhaps the energy was coming from the strange crystals in the ground. He had never quite seen anything like them.
‘Time is frozen? So when I come back it’ll be like I never left.’ Sens was a little disappointed, a piece of him had a fantasy of coming back after some time passed like a badass. Everyone would ask where he had gone, and he would just stare off at the distance sagely.
"I Can Adjust Time To Whatever Period You Think Is Good For Your Return." Sens mentally celebrated, the dream was still alive. Soon enough however it was time for his training to commence. The teen was kind of shocked at how to the point it was. He was half expecting that the Overlord would show him around and let him get adjusted to everything before beginning, but Sens had to realize that he was dealing with a diety and not another human being.
Sens nodded his head tentatively, not sure what this ‘training’ would consist of.

“Try To See What I Am Feeling, Then, And I Will Tell You If You Are Correct."
Sens nodded his head, this seemed simple enough. Although his power wasn’t anything to brag home about, he was pretty confident in his ability to sense the emotions of others. His ability saved him from many unpleasant situations. Sens closed his eyes, his brows furrowing as he zoned in solely on the Overlord. The aura the deity exuded was insane, and for some reason the same type of energy that he felt coming from the crystals was coming from Overlord Tensei as well. Normally he would get a reading immediately, but he couldn’t feel any specific emotion coming from him.
“I-I can’t sense anything..” Sens bowed his head in dejection. “...I told you I wasn’t cut out for this.”

A soft chuckle came from Overlord Tensei as he listened to Sens both in his thoughts and aloud, making a mental note to himself to not pry in on his thoughts much more than he already did. When he was younger, he was prone to do that and invade peoples' privacy with his invasive psychic power. When Sens looked downcast, Overlord Tensei shook his head, a noticeable smile on his face. "You're Wrong. The Fact Of The Matter Is, You Are Indeed Correct About What You're Feeling -- Rather, Not Feeling." Overlord Tensei's veil over his aura suddenly dispersed and the nullity of what was once his emotions became a calm and soothing aura of multiple colors, as if he were one with the crystal ground. The crystal flowers that were around the hub would radiate the same colors as Overlord Tensei sought to pick one and give it to Sens. "I Can Cause Myself To Have No Emotions At All Because I Have Honed My Skills To The Point Where I Have That Much Control Over Them." He'd give the crystal flower to Sens and say, "This Is What You'll Be Learning To Do, As Well. It Will Help You Concentrate, And After You Can Concentrate Better, You'll Have More Potential To Come Into Your True Power."

Overlord Tensei gazed at the scape, letting some of the floating islands of the Celestial Dawn of the Veritas pass him by. "You Can Feel That Power Surging Through You, Can't You? That's Your Own; What You'll Have To Learn To Master." He adjusted his jacket that cloaked his body and took a seat on the ground, letting the scenery of the fullness of the miniature version of the Mainland of the Veritas envelop him. To Sens, it would look like he was one with everything, indistinct from the ground or the atmosphere. "All Of This, However, Is MY Power, Which I Keep Under Control At All Times." The colors settled some and the crystal would take on the colors of a normal natural scenery -- green grass instead of rainbow crystal grass, singularly colored flowers, and the image of the Mainland no longer visible. "If I Didn't, Something In The Universe Would Probably Be Destroyed." He laughed out loud at his own humor, but didn't know if Sens would find his mildly twisted sense of humor funny at all, considering that could very much be his own planet, just on a whim. It was actually terrifying.

"Sit," Overlord Tensei suggested, -- more so, insisted -- patting the ground beside him. "Let The Energy Surging Through You Settle. Calm Yourself." Overlord Tensei looked to Sens with tender crystal blue eyes, which shimmered in the light. "And Try Not To Be So Down And Hard On Yourself. It Will Only Hinder Your Awakening Of Your Power." Overlord Tensei's emotional aura visible to Sens would become somewhat earthy; a maroon color. "When I Was Your Age," he said as if he were that much older than young Sens, "I Had To Learn To Control All Of My Power Before It Killed Me." A nice way to start off a story, right? "I Had Far Too Much To Contain Within My Vessel, So I Had To Restrain It With What I Called The 'Thirteen Restrictions'. They Kept My Power Limited Until I Broke The Restrictions On My Being." Overlord Tensei looked up to the void, which would suddenly sweep with rippling rainbow color. "Eventually I Got So Powerful That I Could Break Myself Up Into The Thirteen Different Versions Of Myself And Have Them Utilize All Of My Powers In Thirteen Different Ways." Where was he going with this? "This Form -- My Eighth Form, As Overlord Tensei -- Is The One That Is The Universe. Using The Thirteen Restrictions, I Created The Veritas And Everything In It Out Of My Body. Within This Dimension, We're Inside Of Me At My Highest Form, Which The Universe Is Contained In, Even In All Its Infinite Expanse." The Eighth Restriction was the Universe, so what could his greater Restrictions be? They had to reach the scale of the Dimension. "All Of That Was To Say," Overlord Tensei finally said, his personal story coming to a close, "If I Never Learned How To Control And Master My Power, The Veritas Would Not Exist... And Neither Would Any Of The Things Within It." He closed his eyes. "Hopefully That Inspires You To Do Your Best And Not Give Up. You May Do Something Just As Great If You Master Yourself And Your Abilities."

Hopefully the long-winded pep talk was enough to build up Sens' motivation. Overlord Tensei certainly hoped so. He would need that motivation.

Sens picked his head up at the Overlords chuckle, confused on what he had taken to be so funny. He blinked several times. “I-I’m right?” The Overlord then went on to explain that he had in fact repressed his emotions so that Sens wouldn’t be able to sense them. A piece of Sens was happy that he wasn’t at fault, but another was devastated that he had given up on himself so quickly. He was so used to shutting down and giving up on the first of failure, that he wouldn’t even give himself a chance.
The teens eyes widened as the Overlord seemingly melded with the landscape right in front of him. Even with squinting his eyes the deity was indistinguishable from the rest of the environment. “Your power??? All of this??” Sens incredulously shouted. He was too bewildered to realize he was rudely interrupting the Overlord Tensei, the eighth form of The Veritas. However the longer he thought about it, the more it made sense. ‘So that’s why the crystals felt so familiar. The Overlord is its source.’ Sens accepted his invitation to sit and proceeded to listen to the overlords detailed explanation. Although he had theard the explanation of the Veritas dimension and its founder and creator many a times, it was a different feeling hearing it form the source. The hair on his arms stood up as he heard the Overlords clear and calm voice narrate the origin of Veritas. At his joke he nervously chuckled. It was extremely scary knowing that although he in fact was joking, what he was saying could happen. The Overlords monologue did help hype Sens up. Even the creator of the Veritas had struggled in life.
Sens nodded at the Overlord flashing a grateful smile. “Thank you. From now on I’ll never give up, and train hard enough to make you proud.” Sens then proceeded to follow the Overlords advice and meditated. As soon as he did negative thoughts and emotions assaulted him. His breathing became shaky, and his body started to tremble. ‘Do not give up.’ Sens could feel the overwhelming power deep within him, a power he had never before felt. His aura erupted around him, a calm blue with purple and black specks appearing every once in a while.

Noticing that Sens was becoming more sure of himself, Overlord Tensei started to read Sens' energy again after he started meditating. It was becoming more controlled and more refined already, and they were only just getting started. He would allow Sens to meditate for a short while before saying, "Good, Good! I Can See A Level Of Control In Your Aura." He didn't want to interrupt Sens, which was why he waited, but he was also still the one guiding him, and the Overlord needed to speak. "You Must Now Analyze This Power And Decipher What It Means, For It Is Different Than Your Regular Ability." Overlord Tensei kept his own energy steady, the maroon color remaining constant as he continued to speak. "My Energy Right Now Is That Of The Earth, And My Mood Is A State Of Bliss," he said, smiling all the while, yet not opening his eyes yet. "When You Can Control Your Mood, You Can Control Your Energy Better."

He waited on Sens now to see what his own energy beheld. He was going to show him something when the time came. "Don't Let Me Disturb You, But There Is Something I Want To Teach You To Do With Your Power," Overlord Tensei would say. "Each Emotion Has An Element, And That Elemental Affinity Is Different For Everyone, But Utilizes The Same Elements." If Sens could multitask whilst in meditation, Overlord Tensei would ask him to, "Find Out Which Element Pertains To Which Of Your Emotions. Start With How You Are Feeling Now And Tell Me What You Believe The Element Corresponds To." Here, it should have been easier for Sens to find out an elemental affinity to his emotions just like it was easier for him to see emotions.

Different than his regular ability? ‘So that’s what he meant by the power I didn’t know I had?’ Sens breathed in focusing his breathing and clearing his thoughts. ‘Focus Sens. What is the main thing you are feeling right now.’ It was a tricky thing for someone to feel just one emotion, but right now Sens was in the zone. He could feel each individual emotion, and just like the overlord had stated they all had their own quality. He could feel the determination in him to meet the Overlords expectations like a ball of fire, churning in his chest. The fear of failure like the shadows that accompanied the flame in the bottom of his stomach. Out of all the emotions those two he felt the most.
“Right now I feel like... I don’t wanna let you down, and I’m tired of letting myself down. The closest thing I can compare it to is fire, burning hot. I also feel anxiety and it’s slippery, and slimey... kind of like a shadow.” Sens tried his best explaining exactly what he was feeling, hoping the Overlord would understand.

"Mmm..." Overlord Tensei hummed, understanding what Sens was speaking about his feelings and the attributes to them. "That Is Good Progress Already -- Recognition. To Recognize Something Is To Become Aware Of Its Existence, And To Become Aware Is A Step Closer At Mastery." Of course, as Sens' power rose up about him, Overlord Tensei would sense the buildup and analyze for himself. "As Long As You Do Your Best, You Will Not Fail Me. Even If This Is All You Can Learn From Me, It Is Better Than What You Could Do Before." With that, Overlord Tensei would stand and say, "That Anxiety Is Natural, As Well As The Shadows That Come Along With It. The Point Of That Anxiety Is To Overcome It Whenever You Feel It Come Over You." Overlord Tensei placed his fingertips together and said, "Control."

Sens was doing well so far, and Overlord Tensei was going to make sure that he knew. It was essential to know about one's progress in order to keep it going in the right direction. "You're Doing Well, Sens. You Are Learning And Growing. What You Must Do Now Is Gain Composure. Use The Fire Inside Of You To Burn Up That Anxiety. Learn Control Of The Flame And The Shadow." He pressed his hands together and continued on. "I Want To Show You Something." Once he said that, Overlord Tensei began to glow a myriad of colors before splitting into eight different forms -- one for each element, and one made of crystal; a null element. There was a maroon one, a blue one, an orange one, a green one, a yellow one, a violet one, and an indigo one to accompany the crystal one. "These Are My Emotions Given Form And Shape," Overlord Tensei said to Sens. "With Each One, I Can Control An Element To My Will Using My Emotions And My Thoughts, Synchronizing Them With My Feelings At The Time So That They Will Move When I Wish." They each radiated energy from one of the main elements: Earth, Water, Fire, Wind, Plasma, Darkness, And Light. The crystal one was 'Null' or 'Void'. "You Can Learn To Do This As Well Simply From That Power You Once Thought Was Useless. Emotions And Sensing Them Have More Depth Than You May Realize." Overlord Tensei wouldn't speak too much, but let Sens continue to discover himself and gain control over his emotions and the elements along with them.

Last edited:
Sens smiled genuinely at the Overlords reassuring words. He had expected the diety to be cold, indifferent... basically the opposite of how he was right now. The Diety had a way of encouraging him and giving him a sense of confidence without being too overbearing. He stared in awe at the Overlords emotions in physical form. Would he be able to do do that too one day? The thought of it got him excited, and he formed yet another fantasy of going back home powerful and mysterious.
The teen mentally calmed himself as he focused on digging even deeper, and trying the tips that the Overlord had given him. This time he could sense another new emotion. Excitement. It was spontaneous, bright, and almost explosive in a way. He smiled with his eyes closed as he explained this new emotion and element to the Overlord. “I feel excited, giddy.... it’s like lightning, explosive and random.” Sens let the feeling past, regulating his breathing, and focusing on each individual emotion. He was calm, it was like water... no, it was like a light breeze on a perfect sunny day. This was the last feeling he could turn into an element, everything else was too fleeting. He explained the last of what he felt to the Overlord and let out a long sigh.
“I’m pooped.” His mind instantly wandered to back home. He wondered if everyone was just frozen in time, waiting for his return. Was it like when you pause in a video game and nothing moves until you unpause it? Or was everything more complex then that?

"Ah, You Are Doing Wonderfully, Sens!" the Overlord complimented, nodding his head in assurance. "Now That You Can Feel The Elements Of Your Emotions, You Just Need To Learn To Channel Those Feelings Into Energy Outside Of Your Body Powered By Each Emotion." It sounded like a simple task when he said it, but it required a bit of training to do when one had no experience.

However, Sens seemed to be tired from all of the training. That was to be expected, this being all new to him and awakening things within him that were once dormant and untapped. It was like that for anyone who beheld new power within them suddenly. Overlord Tensei chuckled once more and gazed at Sens with tender eyes, assessing him again. "One Day, You'll Be Able To Drain The Energy Of Others Through Those Emotions You Can Sense," Tensei said, his elemental counterparts all converging back on his original crystal form, bringing him color -- though he wore only black -- once again. The anomalous energy that was over Sens was slowly fading away, and it was clear that it would not destroy him nor anyone near him the longer he kept up with his training. "But As For Right Now, Let Us Rest." Overlord Tensei pulled his cloak a bit over himself, shyly asking, "Are You Hungry?" to the young one. Food was always the best way to replenish the body. Food and sleep.

Overlord Tensei said he wouldn't pry, but he couldn't help but see the brainwaves of Sens becoming active as he wondered about his home. Now, Overlord Tensei didn't need to dive INTO someone's mind to read it, because their brainwaves omitted from their heads were able to be translated from wavelength form into audible or legible forms for him to read or hear with his own mind. That said, he could not help but say to Sens, who was wondering, "Time Still Flows Normally In Your World -- Time Is Relative, And There Are Many Timelines. Whereas You Are Now Absent From The Timeline, It Has Created A Strain Where You Are Not Present, And Continues On From There. However, There Is Still The Specific Point In Time Where Your Presence Is Only Absent For A Moment, And Does Not Change The Timeline. This Is Why I Said We Can Choose Whether You Appear Back Where You Were Or In A Different Period Of Time After You've Left." Hopefully Overlord Tensei didn't say too much that went over Sens' head. He tried to speak simply, but matters such as that were often complex. Still, the teen was smart, so Overlord Tensei didn't doubt he'd understand the simplified explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back