• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic With Hearts of Steel

I wanna wonder how Aliens reached Earth.

Considering Dark Matter grows about every second. [Think of a chess board, growing in size every second.]

Makes you wonder...

But... That doesn't mean they're constantly getting farther away. They'll always be the same distance away from Earth, they just will have more space to explore.

Yeah the thing is..

I was reading an article on Dark Matter and the effect on the universe. And what'll happen is, our Local Group. [The Milky Way and dwarf galaxies.] Will soon get squeezed together and merge. Thus making, the Milkydona.

But that's in the course of like.. I don't know.

Well uh...

There is Science in Science-Fiction...

It's been said that even fictional ships can't get far enough into the other universes without hitting the wall of the Can of Worms that is our Local Group.

What's your deal? Go harass some other alien based game or fandom, I don't particularly care for your attitude, especially since no theoretical science is going to get in the way of my fun story-telling.

I'm.. Not trying to be harsh.

I just like putting science somewhere, like; having a character that can control space. Not make it so simple. Put some science into it.

[see this is why I essentially quit RPing. Whenever I try to do something, I get bashed on.]

Then ask whether what you want to do with your character is acceptable, and then move on with it, instead of giving me a shakedown over using "aliens attack earth" as the basic plotline, something that's been used a MILLION times before. I have no problem with you wanting to add science to what you do with your character, but don't you DARE impose it on me. Maybe you like complexity, but I prefer simpler stuff, it's more approachable, and more enjoyable because I can be more creative, which is what ROLEPLAYING IS ABOUT. CREATIVITY.

Okay...?

I guess I just got educated on Roleplaying?

And I didn't break on you just because of the plotline. It's been used rarely on this site... Or I just don't remember any of it.

And why are you getting mad at me? And Creativity? Ever heard of Fandoms. They don't use creativity because they like going for a more preset story made by someone else. Like anime.

Also, how am I forcing it on you? I've been talking about it in General Discussion since.. Monday? I've talked about Science all over in there.

And there's nothing wrong with simplicity, I met two girls who were complete bitches about realism. One of them was an attention whore and the other just some girl who fucked around.

[Fuck this!]

How you came across to me was that you believe that my plot is impossible since aliens can't possibly reach earth because of some dark matter stuff you just spat at me with a very poor explanation. You also seem to me as trying to make my game adapt to this poor explanation of an obscure scientific concept.

And I don't just mean RPs here. In general culture. Like War of the Worlds, 5th Wave, XCOM, Independence Day. Alien attacks are a common setpiece for grand stories, used many many times before.

Fandom RPs are still creative, even if they are using preset characters and settings, because it still requires creativity to write these characters in whatever unique situation the RP has put these presets into. It is less creative than stuff like this or in other RPs, but creative nonetheless, because creativity is the heart and soul of RPing and writing as a whole.

And once again, you appear to be asking me to create a more complex world when I want a more open and simple one.

And putting things in brackets doens't make them invisible.

You know what I'm fucking done.

End my sulfuring.

And shit.

[FUCKING HELL! PEOPLE!] Also, I know putting stuff in brackets doesn't make it invisible, it's like whispering to yourself, in this case, hating on you.

O-kay then, anyway, In a less ferocious manner, I was curious what you mean by agent name in the character sheet? I think I get the basic concept, but should this be like their last name? In another language, like how you specified greek letters?

It's just a code name. In previous runs of this game I've had people do things like Paladin, Destroyer, Zero, Conductor. Mine are greek letters like Epsilon, Alpha, etc. because I like the thematic sense.

It's a name that is not the character's actual name but a code name that will be used primarily

giphy.gif

Hopefully that won't put anyone off.

How did aliens get to earth in independence day? don't they have space travel galatical travel means?

Could be exactly what happened here. Space travel by aliens or some such. And we reverse engineered some of their tech...thats why we got what we have now. I guess.

Well yeah, they travelled here, they killed us, we took their tech and now we're basically badasses.

They haven't figured out space travel to the degree the aliens had it yet, but it's in progress.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="rikunobodyxiii" data-cite="rikunobodyxiii" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="221345" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Hey, Yuffie, if it's okay, I'm gonna rework my character. I'm not feeling his abilities.</div></blockquote>

<p>

No problem!</p>

<p>

</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="VirtualNotoriety" data-cite="VirtualNotoriety" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="221345" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I've made a second Character and when can we start the RP?<p>

<a contenteditable="false" rel="external nofollow" href="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/26198-yuffie-kisaragi/" data-mentionid="26198">@Yuffie Kisaragi</a></p>

</div></blockquote>

<p>

We'll be starting Sunday or Monday, I'm going on a trip today and won't be back until then.</p>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back