• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Witching Hours [Still Accepting!]

DulcetFlux

So, this is basically an idea that's been running around my head for a long while now. i had intended for it to be written as a multi-chapter story but then I realized that I had neither the concrete plot nor the research for it to be done by myself alone so, then, here, on RPNation I find solace for my lack of ability to flesh this story out. (LOL, that seemed melodramatic.) I will be co-owning this RP with @Between Epochs

Anyway, I was thinking of making it into a multi-paragraph RP so, I'm looking for RPers who can do intermediate to advanced roleplays. I don't want it to be too draggy but then I want to maintain around a three-paragraph reply minimum (more on this if I get enough replies to be pushed to create an RP thread with overviews, etc. etc.)

So, onto the PLOT:

Just a rough background on the plot would be that this is a fantasy story set in the modern time. It's basically about the underground factions/clans of sorceresses/sorcerers/witches/wizards, etc. (I'll call them Warlocks in general even though I'm not sure if that's proper) who have descended from Greater Entities such as Lilith, the Mother Demon, Morgana le Fay, Circe and Rasputin. They all live, trying to maintain peace between the human world and Tenebris or the world which contains the supernatural entities.

Conflict comes around when news comes that Pandora's box has gone missing. See, Pandora's box is how they ensure that chaos doesn't peek its ugly little head into the barriers between the human world and Tenebris but then the problem is that a clan is chosen every century to protect the box. This century, it was in the care of Lilith's children but then this is the first time in millenia for the box to be lost, hence causing an uproar within the closed branches of the governing Tenebris, which is consisted of all the Warlocks.

Also, some human kid finds his way into Lilith's children's headquarters, causing internal distress when they find that a seemingly mortal boy can see into Tenebris.

-----------

The rest of the plot is still hazy so, I'll be open to/expecting OOC planning.

Also, this may seem controlling of me but then, I just found it so hard to let go of characters that I'd already written about (sorry, author clinginess. xD ) So, there will be a few roles, especially among the leaders of the clans wherein I'll have special requests to ask those who'll be playing them. I've marked those ones out with asterisks. Each clan also has specific stereotypes not only in terms of powers but in terms of personalities (let these not encage you, though since they're simply stereotypes and not required of your characters.

Another addition is that reservations are simply reservations, acceptance still lies in your character sheets (in the future) and your ability to remain active (because I will cry if this RP dies prematurely. (I may or may not be kidding. xD ))

RP THREAD:

http://www.rpnation.com/threads/witching-hours.72647/

Last edited by a moderator:
May I be one of the females in Miss Morgana le Fay's Clan? Leader or the other female, either which way works. ^^

Great! @Meredith I'll temporarily place your name on clan leader but everything's still subject to change when character sheets go up. I hope you understand that I'm not being a cold, judgmental person. xD :)

Nah, it's all good. I'll take the liberty to talk to a friend about taking over my charrie in the {unlikely} event that I can't continue for a limited period of time. It's all good, I've given up on hosting roleplays - your idea, not mine, eh? :)

@Viatos they're mostly simple. They include things such as the children of Lilith being ruthless rebels, Le Fay's are snotty and aloof, Circe's are, well, sort of the cheerleaders of the Warlock world and Rasputin's are sort of the isolated nerds.

@TheCommander alright! But the slots are still subject to change depending on character sheets. I hope you understand! It's just a friendly reminder. (I sound so paranoid. xD )

DulcetFlux said:
@Viatos they're mostly simple. They include things such as the children of Lilith being ruthless rebels, Le Fay's are snotty and aloof, Circe's are, well, sort of the cheerleaders of the Warlock world and Rasputin's are sort of the isolated nerds.
Awesome. What are the magical stereotypes, as a corollary? I don't think I can resist the lure of a cheerleader witch.

@Viatos I'm actually still trying to work the details out. Things that my 4am mind are currently not capable of doing at the moment. xD But I will post later today as soon as I get my thoughts straight.

As an actual witch I would looooove love to do this role play. I could play the leader of any of the covens, but I prefer male roles. So I would like to try and be the leader of the Rasputin clan, or a male in the Morgan le Fey clan.

Well I am here to help you. I understand there are misconceptions, that happens. But this is your world so I will just point some things out here and there and give ideas. I am very open and don't mind much of anything.

Oh, one quick thing, Warlock is usually considered a negative term for male witches. But it is a 'to each his own' thing so it doesn't really matter. Usually it is actually just witches... which people find weird. So Warlock is just fine.

I'll join this. I don't care what I am,but I would prefer to be in Circe's coven. Lead or not to Lead does not matter to me!

@DarkledMind Thanks for that! :D

@Jailbird Okay! I wanted to have the leader of Circe's coven but then I guess I'm still thinking about it. I'll just wait for the CSs before I decide.

Which, I have to say, the character sheet skelly and more detailed overview, I'll be posting in a few hours. :)

Very excited! Still interested in a spot in Circe, but obviously that might change once we have information aside from the names and vague personality stereotypes.

I'm sorry for the wait, guyss! @DulcetFlux is quite preoccupied with her nails at the moment. I'm trying to force her to finish the CS and the overview so we can start discussing about the plot and the role of every character in the story. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back