• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy WitchCraft: Malady | Sign-Ups | 2 SPOTS OPEN

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Lore
Here

elytra

a beetle may or may not be inferior to a man
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
kMjuKsrVS5gV3EN0rcdXxgTT3Vh1lOsbgOnYVwfA7zvDH7lMam7MDtEkGgskgeGN9lOL3Dow2G9vqjXNsy3uyPIHoB5L4DxNkSuzDq4taTgZLWK-hsbiWykrFPI3LxKyufvz4T1S
| What is WitchCraft: Malady? |

WitchCraft: Malady is a group roleplay about the tensions within the coastal tourist town of Providence, Maine as strange things start to happen without a known cause. It’s a supernatural mystery in the modern times, and more information can be found in the
interest check and lore thread.

| Rules |

The rules are the usual ones, like no god-modding or powerplaying. However, there will be different areas in this roleplay, and there will be a two character limit per person rule, so before a post, it would be preferred that this little form below is included.

Character:

Interacting With:

This is just to keep the roleplay rolling smoothly, especially since there is the likely possibility that different groups will have different events. Depending on what players prefer, a posting order may also be implemented, though it may just be for events.

| Character Types |

Characters are mostly up to the player! You can be supernatural or human, your character can be unaware of the supernatural entirely, and you can make it so you’re new to town if you like. In lore, there’ll be a list of beings that you’re free to choose from, as well as some organizations that are open to be associated with. For those who can do magic, there’s also a list of different areas of focus.

| Character Sheet |

Finally, this is the sheet that needs to be filled out.

Name:

Sexuality:

Species:

Magical Area of Focus: [ if applicable ]

Organization: [ if applicable ]

Job:

Appearance: [ feel free to use any image or description ]

Personality: [ please put positives and negatives ]

Background: [ anything you’d like to keep private but still let me know, PM me ]

After that, your character will be reviewed and added to the list.

| Characters |

Please be committed, but if you do happen to leave, just let me know so I can open up your spot. Here's the current cast.

-Eve | Seer | Jewel Jewel
-Kaleb| Pyromancer| elytra elytra
-Benji | Feral (Platypus) | elytra elytra
-Perrie | Telepath | nios nios
-Hazel | Necromancer | cadence cadence
-Judas | Nature Magic User | The.Witch.Under.Your.Bed The.Witch.Under.Your.Bed
-Victor | Human | SunWukong08 SunWukong08
-Dandelion | Human | cadence cadence
-Sefu | Bast | Jewel Jewel
-Keziah | Feral (wolf) | idalie idalie
-Amber | Feral (grizzly bear) | DoggieSundae DoggieSundae

Last edited:

Here is my character sheet!
<3<3<3<3
eve.character sheet jpeg.jpg

Name: Eve Everbrook

Age: 109 (Born in 1910, ceased aging around 22 years old)

Pronouns: She/they

Sexuality: Pansexual/Bisexual

Species: Gifted

Magical Area of Focus: Seer (The Sight)

Organization: Solitaire

Job: Freelancer

Appearance: Eve is short but what she lacks in height she makes up for in her extremely noisy fluorescent and outlandish clothing choices. Her hair is a light dirty blonde, but she dyes her roots hot pink. Her skin is a pinkish ivory color and her eyes are a warm brown. She prefers to wear big brown boots, baggy pants, and graphic t-shirts.

Personality: Non-committal but compassionate, greedy but strong-willed, she can be lazy but she is confident, and while she is curious she is also extremely suspicious of others... especially those necromancers.

Background: Raised by her mother in a Wiccan community, Eve was always around magic and other gifted people. There was an incident involving a necromancer which got her wrongfully accused and banned from her community, thus setting her on her quest to avenge herself and to prove herself innocent. She travels the world hunting evil magical types and investigating odd phenomenon, which she uses her seer power to perceive and locate, all the while hoping to find that damn necromancer.

[/CENTER] <- this won't go away, dunno what to do lmao

Last edited:

• Name: Kaleb Jeremiah Weer

Sexuality: Bisexual

Species: Gifted

Magical Area of Focus: Pyromancy

Organization: Sentinels

Job: Part-time General Store Clerk, Full-time Student

Appearance: Kaleb is around 5"7, with black, wavy hair that reaches just past his shoulders, which he usually pulls back with a hair tie in order to keep it out of his eyes. He has peach-toned skin, and blue (right) and green (left) eyes (due to heterochromia). He wears graphic t-shirts, flannels, and torn black jeans, with beat up sneakers, sunglasses, and a beanie. Usually, the flannel is tied around his waist. Most of his clothing was flame resistant at one point, but he didn't like how they looked, and so decided to take the risk that maybe his clothing will just light on fire.

Personality:
    +Loyal
    +Eager to help people
    +Selfless
    +Smart
    =Adverse to people touching him, but openly clingy with other people. Basically, if you touch him, he'll stab you, but if he touches you, it's fine
    =When he gets flustered, embarrassed, or startled, he sets something on fire on accident, whether its himself or something else in the area
    -Stubborn
    -Compulsively lies
    -Prone to getting angry
    -Reckless

Background: Kaleb is the son of the police chief, Jacob Weer. They've lived in town since Kaleb's grandfather moved there, due to work as a Sentinel. There was a brief period when Kaleb was 7 where they moved to another state, but they soon moved back 2 years later, when Jacob Weer got a job offer. Kaleb, when he got back, was never particularly social with many other kids, due to having trouble reconnecting with them after being gone. He actually became closer with some of the adults in the town, including a reporter he'd stolen a knife from at age 12, and a few of the shop owners when he visits them on errands.

When he entered high school, he started practicing his pyromancy a little more, under the supervision of his father as well as in private. He also began to practice lucid dreaming on his own, after looking into the history of the town and getting interested in the dream realm. He's knowledgeable on town history and legends, and is known to try and seek the latter out in his free time, to not much success.

Last edited:
Perrie Verselis

name- perrie verselis

age- twenty-one

gender- female; she/her

sexual orientation- heterosexual

species- gifted

magical area of focus- telepath

organization- solitaires for now

job- waitress at the diner

appearance (extra)- a person would typically see perrie wearing earbuds to cancel out people's thoughts. her green eyes are dull with bags hanging underneath them. perrie walks around with her head down and shoulders slumped as if something was weighing her down- perhaps the burden of something she never asked for. she wears minimalistic clothing to keep herself from grabbing unwanted attention.

personality- classified as a true neutral; perrie tends to keep to herself unless she is working shifts at the diner. however, she'll grab any opportunity she'll get to avoid attention. she can either be friendly or disinterested. it just depends on her mood that day. perrie has a bad habit of being curious, which would usually get herself in trouble.

background-
while neither of her parents possessed any magical properties, perrie was burdened with the power of hearing people's thoughts ever since she was born. it all began when she was caught replying to her mother's thoughts- as if having a normal conversation.

"Honey, who are you talking to?"

"I'm talking to you, Mommy."

the look of alarm flashed before her mother's face. she almost seemed spooked. perrie, on the otherhand, just looked confused. she asked what was wrong and her mother's reply made her realize that she was no ordinary girl.

"Baby, I wasn't saying anything for the past ten minutes. You were talking... to my thoughts."

throughout her childhood, perrie did not know the abnormality of her powers. she was young and naive. she would play with the kids in her street. the kids in her street thought they could use perrie's power for their own amusement and would drag her around town to play guessing games with whoever they came across in exchange for their precious belongings. perrie enjoyed the attention and the false praise she received from her so-called friends. she did not realize the dangers of what her powers could bring and there was no one who could warn her before it was too late.

when perrie was in her teenage years, she started to sense a shift in her home. her father would come home late and her parents would end up having arguments that grew louder as the night progressed. her innocence and naive nature told herself that it was only for a short amount of time and her parents would make up. however, perrie was terribly mistaken. the arguments continued and the shift in her home was greatly imbalanced. there was so much tension in the air that one little push would make the house collapse. one night, she decided to listen to her parents argue. she pressed her ear gently against their door and silently listened.

"I am not stupid, Ben. You've changed ever since you started coming home late. Just admit it!" her mother shouted in frustration. perrie can hear how exhausted her mother was. every time her parents clashed, it took a part of perrie's mother.

"You're acting crazy, Hellen. I've told you a million times. I'm not seeing anyone!"

perrie paled. a part of her wanted to deny every thought that passed through her. she did not want to see her father as a cheater. she knew he loved her and perrie's mother. her family was perfect and happy. where did they go wrong?

"Then look me in the eyes and tell me you love me. Tell me you love Perrie."

that night, perrie pressed herself further into the door and the moment her father spoke, perrie broke into a million pieces.

"I do love you and Perrie," he said. however in his mind, he chanted that woman's name instead.

since that day, perrie's family was never the same and she did not have the will power to try to piece things back together. a couple weeks later, perrie's parents filed for a divorce and perrie's mother took her away. they moved to providence, maine and upon their move, perrie believed that her power was a curse.

I spent way too much time on my background. Forgive me lol

Last edited:
Perrie Verselis

name- perrie verselis

age- twenty-one

gender- female; she/her

sexual orientation- heterosexual

species- gifted

magical area of focus- telepath

organization- solitaires for now

job- waitress at the diner

appearance (extra)- a person would typically see perrie wearing earbuds to cancel out people's thoughts. her green eyes are dull with bags hanging under them. perrie walks around with her head down and shoulders slumped as if something was weighing her down. she wears minimalistic clothing to keep herself from grabbing unwanted attention.

personality- classified as a true neutral; perrie tends to keep to herself unless she is working shifts at the diner. however, she'll grab any opportunity she'll get to avoid attention. she can either be friendly or disinterested. it just depends on her mood that day. perrie has a bad habit of being curious, which would usually get herself in trouble.

background-
while neither of her parents possessed any magical properties, perrie was burdened with the power of hearing people's thoughts ever since she was born. it all began when she was caught replying to her mother's thoughts- as if having a normal conversation.

"Honey, who are you talking to?"

"I'm talking to you, Mommy."

the look of alarm flashed before her mother's face. she almost seemed spooked. perrie, on the otherhand, just looked confused. she asked what was wrong and her mother's reply made her realize that she was no ordinary girl.

"Baby, I wasn't saying anything for the past ten minutes. You were talking... to my thoughts."

throughout her childhood, perrie did not know the abnormality of her powers. she was young and naive. she would play with the kids in her street. the kids in her street thought they could use perrie's power for their own amusement and would drag her around town to and play guessing games with whoever they came across in exchange for their precious belongings. perrie enjoyed the attention and the false praise she received from her so-called friends. she did not realize the dangers of what her powers could bring and there was no one who could warn her before it was too late.

when perrie was in her teenage years, she started to sense a shift in her home. her father would come home late and her parents would end up having arguments that grew louder as the night progressed. her innocence and naive nature told herself that it was only for a short amount of time and her parents would make up. however, perrie was terribly mistaken. the arguments continued and the shift in her home was greatly imbalanced. there was so much tension in the air that one little push would make the house collapse. one night, she decided to listen to her parents argue. she pressed her ear gently against their door and silently listened.

"I am not stupid, Ben. You've changed ever since you started coming home late. Just admit it!" her mother shouted in frustration. perrie can hear how exhausted her mother was. every time her parents clashed, it took a part of perrie's mother.

"You're acting crazy, Hellen. I've told you a million times. I'm not seeing anyone!"

perrie paled. a part of her wanted to deny every thought that passed through her. she did not want to see her father as a cheater. she knew he loved her and perrie's mother. her family was perfect and happy. where did they go wrong?

"Then look me in the eye and tell me you love me. Tell me you love Perrie."

that night, perrie pressed herself further into the door and the moment her father spoke, perrie broke into a million pieces.

"I do love you and Perrie," he said. however in his mind, he chanted that woman's name instead.

since that day, perrie's family was never the same and she did not have the will power to try to piece things back together. a couple weeks later, perrie's parents filed for a divorce and perrie's mother took her away. they moved to providence, maine and upon their move, perrie believed that her power was a curse.

I spent way too much time on my background. Forgive me lol
It looks good! Accepted!

Name: Olivia Davenport - goes by Liv

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Species: Witch

Magical Area of Focus: Divination/ Black Magic

Organization: Her Coven

Job: Works at a bookstore

Appearance:

IMG_2961.jpeg

Personality:
Liv is a very down to earth person who could be described as “hippie-dippie”. She used to be very open about everything and friends with everyone. After the incident, Liv became very guarded and only trusts the people in her immediate circle. She is very skeptical. She is a natural leader but can sometimes be very reckless and impulsive.

Background:
Liv was born in the heart of New Orleans, the French Quarter. She never knew who her father was, just that he was another warlock. She had a very fun childhood because she was allowed free reign in the Quarter and surrounding areas. She was always eating beignets at Cafe Du Monde. She made most of her money reading tarot cards on Bourbon Street since she was always right about them.

Her mother is a witch in a coven where Liv became involved with heavily when she turned 16. She was very dedicated. After almost dying, she turned to black magic which resulted in her doing some bad things for her coven and was heavily involved in voodoo and dark magic. She moved away from New Orleans at 17 and has lived in Providence ever since. She fits in and started her own coven. She doesn't use black magic anymore.

•| Judas King |•
——————————
•| Age - 21 |•
——————
•| Gender - Male |•
—————————
•| Sexuality - Gay |•
—————————
•| Species - Gifted |•
——————————
•| Magical Area Of Focus - Nature |•
—————————————————
•| Organization - N/A |•
———————————
•| Occupation - Farmer |•
————————————
•| Appearance - Judas stands at 6 feet tall. He is a dark skinned lightweight, with slight muscle definition. He has light brown eyes, and curly dark brown hair. He can usually be found wearing overalls with, a white T-shirt that has a goofy smiley face in the center. He has a tattoo of the pentacle on the back of his right hand. And on freezing days, Judas will wear a thick warm sweater and ripped jeans; however he will still wear his usual clothing on days like these. |•
——————————————————————

•| Personality |•
+ Kind
+ Easy-going
+ Loving
- Over-protective (Badly when it comes to a boyfriend.)
- Completely irrational and rude when he is agitated
- Petty
——————————————————————
•| Background - Judas’ family was brought to the town by slavery. Once his family gained freedom they bought property and lived off of the farm, however the family had brought something with them, Witchcraft. Each member practiced a different field from another, his mother thrived in Necromancy. Judas of course practiced the magick of nature.

His mother is a strong single mother, his father left after he found out about his mother’s witchcraft. From a young age Judas was brought up by the morals of Witchcraft and hard work. Also when Judas was very little he helped his mother with the farm; where he grew his affinity for nature. His mother moved out of the house on the farm to live in the city, she wanted to experience a different way of life. And by doing that, Judas was given the house. He lives alone only with his familiar, an owl named hoot. |•​

1564426158453.pngname: hazel "haze" ballinder
sexuality: heterosexual
species: gifted
magical area of focus: necromancy
organization: n/a
job: high school student

appearance: curly black hair that is shaved on the sides, often dyed a different color. pretty pale skin - there's a running joke going around his school that he's actually a vampire simply because he has dark hair, pale skin, and an unusual hatred for going outside. he just doesn't like going outside, though. he has dark brown eyes and a rather stocky build. he stands at exactly six feet and is relatively large and muscular for someone who avoids physical activity like the plague. it's because of his large build that his mother keeps pressuring him to join the football team. which is what she thinks he's doing while he's off fighting, of course. his style is pretty simple. he usually wears dark sweat pants and windbreakers over what is probably a band or some graphic t. despite his simple choice of clothing, he is incredibly trendy and likes to stay on top of what is popular in his school. as a result, he is never seen without his airpods that he claims to use to "block out everyone's bullshit." he's often seen carrying around a hydroflask or wearing heelies to hide his feelies or wearing bedazzled white crocs with some pair of funky socks. if it's trendy, haze is on top of it. deep down, he just wants to fit in.

background: the first ten years or so of haze's life were honestly a bit rocky. his biological father was a necromancer as well and spent every waking hour haze wasn't at school trying to teach him how to control the gift he was born with. his father wanted him to be incredibly powerful; to be able to summon armies of dead to fight by his side if there were ever a situation that called for it. he was relentless; often giving haze harsh punishments when he messed something up. punishments that, more often than not, were considered abusive. haze wanted nothing to do with necromancy from the start. he wanted to be a normal kid with a normal life; a kid who didn't have to deal with nightmares after looking into the horrifying faces of the dead. a kid who didn't have to deal with the constant memory of the screams of the dead and the smells and his father. at this point in his life, however, it was far too late. his 'gift,' as long as his father was around, would always be a curse to him.

4485c99c8b23ee8928ace94f1326d98d.pngjust weeks after his tenth birthday, his mother finally divorced the man. it took time for he and his mother to adjust to their new life, but they managed. his mother took on two jobs to be able to provide for the two of them. haze continued to go to school and, though he told his friends he wasn't some nerd who studied, he really did study and do his best to bring home grades that would make his mom proud. he wanted to be just as hardworking as she was. though it was difficult, he managed to go on without remembering the ten years of torment suffered at the hands of his father. he suppressed the memories of his father and the terrifying dead with studying, and chores, and literally anything else he could focus on. he did his best to forget he was a necromancer at all.

throughout the years, his mindset began to change a bit. he grew a bit lazier than he intended. he stopped caring about school; mostly because everyone at his school, in his words, "abso-fucking-lutely sucks." the other kids wanted nothing to do with him despite his efforts to be trendy and cool and fit in. he stopped denying the fact that he was a necromancer and began to pick it up simply because he was desperate for friends. he spends a lot of his time summoning dead people or animals for the fuck of it, just wanting someone to talk to. his two (and only) human best friends chad and avery think his gift is the coolest thing in the fucking world and the three of them often hang out near places haze gets a strong sense of death just to fuck around. while haze no longer sees his gift as, well, a gift, it does make a pretty neat trick for his stupid friends and him to laugh at. he doesn't care that much about magic or the strange things going around town. but, if it means he can get out of joining the football team like his mom keeps pressuring him to do, haze is all for it.

personality: (+) brave, (+) loyal, (+) humorous, (=) absent-minded, (-) lazy, (-) pretty rude tbh, (-) reckless

Last edited:
**BEGINNING MEMETIC SCAN...**
**ACCEPTABLE CLEARANCE STATUS IDENTIFIED. ACCESS GRANTED.**
All information listed henceforth is top secret. Any unlawful access, distribution or discussion of the contents inside by persons not authorized to view this information can and will be punished with severe consequences.

"When the Void stares back, Humanity must stare harder."
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
VV.pngCurrent Alias: Victor Vermillion
(Codename: Agent Argus)

Human -- White-American male -- 23 years and 7 months of age -- Heterosexual

Ground investigator in the VOIDWATCH Program

A special government task force concerned with investigating strange happenings across the nation. Their existence has been a well-kept secret for the past few decades, and yet they have yet to encounter serious paranormal happenings. Going to Providence, they hope, will change that. Victor has been tasked with mapping out the hidden paranormal world of the town through covert investigation. During his time there, he is to act as a normal Providence inhabitant.

Personality: He's generally an agreeable and nice person, but just don't step on his toes, alright? He isn't afraid to make clear when you've made him mad. But if you're not on his bad side, he's also not afraid to encourage you or even be intrusive if he thinks it's going to help you out. Despite all this, he is generally vague concerning questions about himself, although he is fine discussing other topics at length, as he seems to be pretty intelligent.

Kind (+), Supportive (+), Attentive (+), Intrusive (=), Intuitive (=), Easy to anger (-), Dishonest (-), Stubborn (-)

Background: Back when he was about 13, his family completely disappeared in an incomprehensible event. Agents of VOIDWATCH were able to detect the energy of this event and found him alone. He was introduced as the youngest agent ever and underwent extensive analysis. Somehow the attack had changed the molecular composition in his hair and eyes, rendering his irises red and his hair a crisp white. His old name was taken and he was given a new alias, Victor Vermillion, a kid from the suburbs who had a rare genetic disorder that gave him strange facial features. He's done small scale missions since the beginning of his membership, but Providence was looking to be his first real mission with all the tangible evidence.

Last edited:
[div class=container][div class=profile]
[div class=infobox]
mina
mosley
"the badass life is lonely"
⠀♡coded by uxie♡
[/div]
[/div][div class=group][div class=pg1][div class=scroll]
requisite
birth name
mina mosley

sexuality
heterosexual

species
gifted

area of focus
pyromancy

organization
the rose cross

job
receptionist at the oriental hotel

appearance
faceclaim
not sure
height
158cm

weight
49.2kg

eye colour
hazel

hair colour
dark brown
[/div]

[/div][div class=pg2 style=display:none][div class=scroll]
personality
[div class=scroll]Mina is a cordial woman, often giving out the obligatory 'Hello' or 'Good morning' when she passes by. Asides from her initial politeness she seems very serious. Mina is described by some as a killjoy due to her apparent lack of humour, though she often does find jokes amusing; Just chooses to enjoy them with a smirk and not make any of her own. She's a bit slow to build relationships, though she often goes on tirades about her daily inconveniences and annoyances to anyone she cherishes.

Some find the woman unbearable due to her penchant for the 'finer things in life', particularly luxury objects and trinkets. She openly admits that she is very privileged and makes an effort to try her best at everything. Mina is very generous, though she is not fond of this side of her and tries to stifle it. Despite how bland she might seem, when it comes to topics Mina loves, (such as a building's level of flammability) she is incredibly passionate. She loves her magic and using it, to the point where some call it abuse of her powers. She's more like a traditional pyromaniac, loving to set anything and everything on fire, though with much more self control.

the smell of gasoline
the barista at the coffee shop that always is nice to her
not you
ranting about karens and beckys
makeup
sweatpants
bitching about people
[/div]

dislikes
[div class=scroll]cold water
public showers
public beaches
fanatics/cultists
her job
people who trust too easily
poor people because she's a bitch
people who are hopeless with i.t.
[/div]
[/div]

powers
[div class=scroll] Mina is a gifted pyromancer working for the Rose Cross. She enjoys everything about her position; The fire, the snobby people, the rich people, the fire, and the fire. Mina is very well practiced in her craft as she often spends her spare time lighting small things on fire. She has also spent a fair amount of time researching the supposed "Dream Realm".

advanced level
+ great at kindling up small (or large) fires
+ can use her flame to cauterize blades
- shit at cooling things down
- arsonist

[/div]

[/div][/div][div class=pg3 style=display:none]
biography
[div class=scroll]Mina grew up in a rich family and throughout her highschool years lived off of mommy and daddy's money. Her parents were elite members of the Rose Cross organization though they chose to keep their daughter in the dark about magic. She was known throughout the town's highschool for throwing ragers which would often end in dozens of kids blackout drunk or high as a kite Mina herself often drank and took hits at these parties, which she managed to keep unknown to her parents until her senior year of highschool. Her parents had big visions for Mina and were of course displeased with this; They promptly shipped her off to a fancy college the second she graduated where she would be closely watched.

She couldn't decide if she hated it or loved it there. Everyone was like her, but also painfully good. Until Mina met one of her closest friends Jamie. Jamie didn't have the prettiest reputation but she did have one of the prettiest faces. She was that kind of 'bad girl' cliche that every boy wanted and most girls admired. Mina, being pretty herself and less than good, quickly struck it off with the girl. Jamie would often offer the older girl smokes and Mina was happy to oblige. Jamie had a purple lighter-- For some reason that had stuck with her throughout all these years. The flame always lit such a pretty shade of orange with a delicate blue flicker at the base.

As time went on and the two grew closer Mina lost her joy in drugs. But she still kept smoking with her friend just to see that beautiful flame. One day Jamie caught her staring off into the lighter and called her out on it.

"What's up with you, Mina? That's just a flame."

"Oh, nothing, just think it's pretty is all,"

Mina pocketed the lighter without Jamie noticing and kept it with her throughout the day. She would flick it on and off, on and off, watching the flame reignite just to sputter and die again. When it came time for lights out Mina decided to test it. She lit her bedside table aflame, thinking she could blow it out before it spread too much. But she was so enraptured by the flame that she failed to notice it growing until it was too late to blow it out. Dashing out, she ran for a fire extinguisher, but by the time she got back her dorm and the surrounding hall was already engulfed in flame.

Needless to say the girl was promptly expelled. When she arrived back home her parents decided to tell her about her magic; They had already suspected her to be a pyromancer and the school incident only confirmed this. From the moment they told her they started grooming her for her future role as a fellow Rose Cross member. Mina was quickly hardened by training and went from her wild highschool self to the stoic, serious woman she is today.
[/div]
extra
[div class=scroll]✧ her favourite colour is yellow
✧ she can speak two languages (english and french due to her mother being french)
✧ she loves cheese and seafood
✧ she would die for a cat
✧ she adores the smell of perfume
[/div]

[/div][div class=pg4 style=display:none]
relationships
[div class=scroll]
open

open

open

open

open

open

open

open

open

open

open

open

[/div]

[/div]

[/div][div class=tab1][/div][div class=tab2][/div][div class=tab3][/div][div class=tab4][/div]

[/div]

[class=container] height:380px; width:620px; margin:auto; position:relative; [/class] [class=profile] height:380px; width:260px; position:absolute; top:-0.5px; left:-1px; background:url('https://images.unsplash.com/photo-1497704628914-8772bb97f450?ixlib=rb-0.3.5&ixid=eyJhcHBfaWQiOjEyMDd9&s=1886ee8844a0e5e06d323aa007c96f7c&w=1000&q=80'); background-size:300%; background-position:50% 50%; border-top-left-radius:4px; border-bottom-left-radius:4px; clip-path: polygon(90% 0%, 75% 50%, 90% 100%, 0 100%, 0% 50%, 0 0); z-index:6; [/class] [class=infobox] height:180px; width:130px; font-size:9px; color:#bf7699; text-align:center; position:relative; left:32px; [/class] [class=group] height:359.5px; width:315px; position:absolute; left:189px; background-color:#21303d; z-index:3; padding:10px; padding-left:50px; border-top-right-radius:4px; border-bottom-right-radius:4px; [/class] [class=scroll] height:100%; width:100%; padding-right:50px; overflow-y:auto; [/class] [class=pg1] height:350px; width:305px; position:absolute; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=pg2] height:350px; width:305px; position:absolute; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=pg3] height:350px; width:305px; position:absolute; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=pg4] height:350px; width:305px; position:absolute; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=tab1] height:37px; width:39px; background-color:#FCDEEA; border-top-right-radius:5px; border-bottom-right-radius:5px; position:absolute; top:10px; left:535px; transition:0.3s; cursor:pointer; color:#00172C; font-size:25px; padding-left:46px; padding-top:3px; [/class] [class name=tab1 state=hover] transform: translateX(15px); transition:0.3s; [/class] [script class=tab1 on=click] hide pg2 hide pg3 hide pg4 show pg1 [/script] [class=tab2] height:37px; width:40px; background-color:#F2BAD7; border-top-right-radius:5px; border-bottom-right-radius:5px; position:absolute; top:65px; left:535px; transition:0.3s; cursor:pointer; color:#00172C; font-size:25px; padding-left:45px; padding-top:3px; [/class] [class name=tab2 state=hover] transform: translateX(15px); transition:0.3s; [/class] [script class=tab2 on=click] hide pg1 hide pg3 hide pg4 show pg2 [/script] [class=tab3] height:37px; width:40px; background-color:#EE9EC5; border-top-right-radius:5px; border-bottom-right-radius:5px; position:absolute; top:120px; left:535px; transition:0.3s; cursor:pointer; color:#00172C; font-size:25px; padding-left:45px; padding-top:3px; [/class] [class name=tab3 state=hover] transform: translateX(15px); transition:0.3s; [/class] [script class=tab3 on=click] hide pg1 hide pg2 hide pg4 show pg3 [/script] [class=tab4] height:37px; width:40px; background-color:#E56997; border-top-right-radius:5px; border-bottom-right-radius:5px; position:absolute; top:175px; left:535px; transition:0.3s; cursor:pointer; font-size:25px; padding-left:45px; padding-top:3px; [/class] [class name=tab4 state=hover] transform: translateX(15px); transition:0.3s; [/class] [script class=tab4 on=click] hide pg1 hide pg2 hide pg3 show pg4 [/script]

Last edited:
1564439357170.png
name: dandelion "dandy" van someren
sexuality: yes
species: human
magical area of focus: magic doesn't exist, duh
organization: none
job: jobs are for low class peasants

appearance: dandy is short. very short. he is aware of how short he is BUT he will threaten to sue anyone who comments on his height. he stands around five feet and four inches and isn't that impressive in weight, either. though he doesn't admit it, dandy doesn't have much of an idea how to take care of himself and has no desire to listen to maria, the only maid who didn't leave him alone after the death of his mother. because of this, he hasn't eaten as much as he should as of late. and that isn't the worst of his bad habits either. he has bright green eyes and golden blond hair that he always styles the best he can. he dresses to impress all of the people he drags into his lonesome mansion for a one night stand, even though he has no intentions of seeing them after one day. he considers himself incredibly fashionable and is even more so after the death of his mother. he uses fashion and shopping as a way to cope with her death. it's distracting and he really enjoys buying coordinated outfits for he and his six cats.

background: it was a miracle dandelion was even born. no matter how hard she tried to get pregnant, it just wasn't happening. she tried again and again, taking all the other mother's advice so she could have a child. but nothing ever worked. until she made a wish on a dandelion, that was. his mother liked to think it was because of the miracle dandelion that dandy was able to happen, so, that's what she named him. dandelion was her precious miracle and that's how she would treat him for his entire life. his father died before he was even born, and because he came from old money, his mother inherited his wealth after he passed. having no need for a job or anyone else to buy things for, she poured thousands upon thousands of dollars into her son. he was born with not one, but two silver spoons in his mouth. anything he wanted, he got. he was babied and coddled well into his adult life, not caring that most others his age were moving out of their homes and starting jobs. it was always just him and his mom, the way it was meant to be. this all changed when he was twenty two! his dear mommy was killed right in front of him by a magic creature. so, he is well aware that magic actually exists, but he actively denies it and convinces himself it doesn't. since the death of his mother, dandy has really been a changed man. he's full of anger and spite and seeks revenge on the bitch who killed his mom. he fucks around (literally) and drinks and gets himself in all sorts of trouble because he no longer has someone to tell him not to.

personality: (+) intelligent, (+) energetic, (+) honest, (=) dramatic, (-) assertive, (-) stubborn, (-) critical

Last edited:
Name: Amber Mottfield

Sexuality: Bisexual
Species: Feral (grizzly bear)
Magical Area of Focus: N/A
Job: Works as a cashier at the grocery store

Appearance:
Amber is short, stocky, with red hair and brown eyes. Freckles dot her face. She often wears casual t-shirts and jeans, has worn-out sneakers she never bothers replacing. She's a bit on the heavier side, but not by much.

Personality:
+ Resilient. Can be very stoic and strong.
+ Caring/passionate about her cause.
+ Loves all animals (except birds).
- Can be pretty blunt and offensive; not one to say things lightly.
- Often puts her foot in her mouth.
- Impulsive.

Background:
Amber was born in town to a mother who was intent on keeping her away from any knowledge of the true supernatural nature of the town, and a father who didn't know anything about it. That all changed when she was infected with the feral curse (OOC note: I don't know if ferals are born or infected, let me know and I'll change it!). Since her parents found out after seeing her transform, they kicked her out and she's since been living in an apartment with two roommates, trying her very best to scrape by. She's miserable with her condition- not that she hates her feral nature, she actually thinks it's pretty cool, but she's afraid of other's reaction to it. She does her very best to hide it from others, including her roommates.​

Last edited:
[div class=container]
⠀♡coded by uxie♡
[div class=navi][div class=bigborder]
[/div][div class=bigname]rory pretson[/div][div class=quote]
hey,
don't be
sad,
silly!❞
[/div][div class=buttoncon][div class=button1]1.[/div][div class=button2]2.[/div][div class=button3]3.[/div][div class=button4]4.[/div]

[/div]
[/div][div class=tabcon][div class=border1]
[/div][div class=border2]
[/div][div class=tab1][div class=scroll]
basics.
birth name rory pretson
gender female
age 17
sexuality bisexual
species human
area of focus n/a
organization solitaires
occupation baker at we take the cake, but also sells her pastries at the farmers market on weekends
appearance.
faceclaim carissa perusset
height 167cm
weight 50kg
hair colour dark brown
eye colour dark brown

[/div][/div][div class=tab2 style=display:none][div class=scroll]
personality
[div class=scroll]Rory is overall a very happy-go-lucky, endearing girl. Always affectionate and cheery she is quite easy to get close with. She firmly believes in second, third, fourth, and infinite chances, sometimes to her own expense. Some ultimately find the girl too overbearing or just annoying, though some find her cheer endearing. Rory is in the dark about the whole 'magic' thing and would find the idea completely bizarre. She enjoys finding meaning in dreams but that's where it ends for her; A fun hobby to provide some insight.

The girl is in general very passionate and agreeable. Though she is clear on what she likes she is at heart a people pleaser and will go out of her way to make someone happy. She loves working out and will often ask others to exercise with her, which some see as an insult though she only means in the best way possible. When confronted about this or anything else Rory becomes very flustered and confused-- She does not deal with pressure or apprehension.
[/div]
likes.
[div class=scroll]apple cider
kittens
cinnamon
literally anyone who likes her smh
you
working out
[/div]
dislikes.
[div class=scroll]people who can do the 'impossible' (tarot readers, magicians, etc etc)
cats
heat
salt water
rock
super tall people
[/div]
[/div][/div][div class=tab3 style=display:none]
history
[div class=scroll]Rory grew up in a small town near the coast of Maine. Her family was relatively normal, her father often away on business trips and her mother staying home to take care of their young daughter. She suspects that's the reason for her affectionate nature; Her dad was missing from her life for often long spans of time. When she turned twelve her family moved to South Carolina on a job offer for her mom. From that point they started hopping around city to city, almost never spending more than a year in one place. Due to this she was never really able to keep friendships, which also is part of her rationale for being so affectionate-- She thinks she should make the most of the time she has with everyone. Her newest move was to Providence about 3 months ago. She really loves it and even enjoys her job, and keeps hope that her parents will finally decide to settle down.
(sorry its short and bad, i'll add later)
[/div]
extra.
[div class=scroll]-rory tells herself she hates pink but she always wears it
-she has scars across her back from cats
-she is fatally allergic to hazelnuts
-pro gamer gril, is already tracer
[/div]

[/div][div class=tab4 style=display:none][div class=scroll]
relationships.
[div class=rsborder]
[div class=rsname]open[/div][div class=rsstatus]status: tba[/div][div class=rsbody][div class=rsscroll]open

[/div][/div]

[/div]
[div class=rsborder]
[div class=rsname]open[/div][div class=rsstatus]status: tba[/div][div class=rsbody][div class=rsscroll] open

[/div][/div]

[/div][/div]

[/div][/div]

[/div]

[class=container] --bg-color2:#ffaadb; --bg-color1: #ffc4e5; --color-1: #ed6f77; --color-2: #FD4E8D; --text-color: #3d2427; height:360px; width:481px; background-color: var(--bg-color1); margin:auto; position:Relative; border-radius:4px; [/class] [class=navi] height:270px; width:190px; float:left; position:relative; cursor:default; [/class] [script class=navi on=mouseenter] addClass reveal bigborder addClass namech bigname addClass namech quote addClass appear buttoncon removeClass hide bigborder removeClass disappear buttoncon [/script] [script class=navi on=mouseleave] removeClass reveal bigborder removeClass namech bigname removeClass namech quote removeClass appear buttoncon addClass disappear buttoncon addClass hide bigborder [/script] [class=bigborder] height:110px; width:110px; border:1px solid var(--color-1); padding:8px; position:absolute; left:36.5px; top:25px; border-radius:50%; transition:0.3s; z-index:6; [/class] [class=bigname] font-size:40px; color:white; text-shadow:2px 1px var(--color-2); transition:0.4s; letter-spacing:4px; line-height:70%; text-align:justify; position:relative; top:140px; margin-left:45px; transform:rotate(-5deg); z-index:7; [/class] [class=quote] font-size:12px; color: var(--color-1); text-align:justify; max-width:175px; transform:rotate(-15deg); z-index:7; margin-left:27px; letter-spacing:0.5ps; transition:0.4s; position:relative; top:150px; text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:400; [/class] [class=namech] transform:scale(1.1) rotate(-15deg); transition:0.4s; [/class] [class=reveal] animation-name: {post_id}reveal; animation-duration:0.4s; animation-fill-mode:forwards; [/class] [class=hide] animation-name: {post_id}hide; animation-duration:0.4s; animation-fill-mode:forwards; [/class] [animation=reveal] [keyframe=0] transform: scale(1) translateX(0px); [/keyframe] [keyframe=100] transform: scale(1.05) translateX(15px); [/keyframe] [/animation] [animation=hide] [keyframe=0] transform: scale(1.05) translateX(15px); [/keyframe] [keyframe=100] transform: scale(1) translateX(0px); [/keyframe] [/animation] [class=buttoncon] height:120px; width:40px; position:absolute; top:30px; left:15px; line-height:100%; text-align:center; opacity:0; transform:scale(0.2); [/class] [class=button1] height:23px; width:23px; border-radius:10px; font-size:24px; text-align:center; padding:3px; padding-top:5px; padding-bottom:1px; color: var(--bg-color1); font-weight:bold; text-shadow:2px 2px white; background-color:transparent; transition:0.4s; [/class] [class name=button1 state=hover] background-color: var(--color-1); transform:rotate(10deg); color: var(--color-1); transition:0.4s; cursor:pointer; [/class] [script class=button1 on=click] hide tab2 hide tab3 hide tab4 show tab1 [/script] [class=button2] height:23px; width:23px; border-radius:10px; font-size:24px; text-align:center; padding:3px; padding-top:5px; padding-bottom:1px; color: var(--bg-color1); font-weight:bold; text-shadow:2px 2px white; background-color:transparent; transition:0.4s; [/class] [class name=button2 state=hover] background-color: var(--color-1); transform:rotate(10deg); color: var(--color-1); transition:0.4s; cursor:pointer; [/class] [script class=button2 on=click] hide tab1 hide tab3 hide tab4 show tab2 [/script] [class=button3] height:23px; width:23px; border-radius:10px; font-size:24px; text-align:center; padding:3px; padding-top:5px; padding-bottom:1px; color: var(--bg-color1); font-weight:bold; text-shadow:2px 2px white; background-color:transparent; transition:0.4s; [/class] [class name=button3 state=hover] background-color: var(--color-1); transform:rotate(10deg); color: var(--color-1); transition:0.4s; cursor:pointer; [/class] [script class=button3 on=click] hide tab1 hide tab2 hide tab4 show tab3 [/script] [class=button4] height:23px; width:23px; border-radius:10px; font-size:24px; text-align:center; padding:3px; padding-top:5px; padding-bottom:1px; color: var(--bg-color1); font-weight:bold; text-shadow:2px 2px white; background-color:transparent; transition:0.4s; [/class] [class name=button4 state=hover] background-color: var(--color-1); transform:rotate(10deg); color: var(--color-1); transition:0.4s; cursor:pointer; [/class] [script class=button4 on=click] hide tab1 hide tab2 hide tab3 show tab4 [/script] [class=appear] animation-name: {post_id}appear; animation-duration:0.5s; animation-fill-mode:forwards; [/class] [class=disappear] animation-name: {post_id}disappear; animation-duration:0.5s; animation-fill-mode:forwards; [/class] [animation=appear] [keyframe=0] transform:translateX(10px) scale(0.2); opacity:0; [/keyframe] [keyframe=1] transform:translateX(10px) scale(0.2); opacity:1; [/keyframe] [keyframe=100] transform:translateX(0px) scale(1); opacity:1; [/keyframe] [/animation] [animation=disappear] [keyframe=0] transform:translateX(0px) scale(1); opacity:1; [/keyframe] [keyframe=99] transform:translateX(9px) scale(0.21); opacity:0; [/keyframe] [keyframe=100] transform:translateX(10px) scale(0.2); opacity:0; [/keyframe] [/animation] [class=tabcon] height:240px; width:255px; display:inline-block; position:relative; left:5px; padding:15px; [/class] [class=border1] height:75px; width:75px; border:1px solid var(--color-1); padding:5px; position:absolute; left:135px; top:-55px; border-radius:50%; z-index:7; transition:0.4s; [/class] [class name=border1 state=hover] transform:scale(1.1); transition:0.4s; [/class] [class=border2] height:45px; width:45px; border:1px solid var(--color-1); padding:5px; position:absolute; left:208px; top:-45px; border-radius:50%; z-index:7; transition:0.4s; [/class] [class name=border2 state=hover] transform:scale(1.1); transition:0.4s; [/class] [class=scroll] height:100%; width:100%; overflow-y:auto; padding-right:50px; position:relative; [/class] [class=tab1] height:230px; width:245px; border-radius:5px; position:absolute; padding:5px; background-color: var(--bg-color2); overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=tab2] height:230px; width:245px; border-radius:5px; position:absolute; padding:5px; background-color: var(--bg-color2); overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=tab3] height:240px; width:255px; border-radius:5px; position:absolute; background-color: var(--bg-color2); [/class] [class=tab4] height:230px; width:245px; border-radius:5px; position:absolute; padding:5px; overflow:hidden; [/class] [class=rsborder] height:80px; width:80px; border-radius:50%; border:1px solid var(--color-1); padding:6px; float:left; transition:0.3s; z-index:6; position:relative; left:5px; top:5px; [/class] [class name=rsborder state=hover] transform: scale(1.05); transition:0.3s; [/class] [class=rsname] font-size:18px; color: var(--color-2); text-shadow:1.5px 1.5px white; text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold; position:relative; top:15px; left:12px; [/class] [class=rsstatus] font-size:12px; color: var(--color-1); font-variant:small-caps; position:relative; top:12px; left:12px; [/class] [class=rsbody] height:74px; width:176px; background-color: var(--bg-color2); color: var(--text-color); padding:3px; overflow:hidden; position:absolute; top:60px; left:59px; border-radius:3px; [/class] [class=rsscroll] height:100%; width:calc(100% - 22px); overflow-y:auto; padding-right:50px; position:relative; left:35px; font-size:8.5px; text-align:justify; [/class]

giphy.gif

Name:
Keziah J. Armstrong

Sexuality:
Heterosexual

Species:
Feral (Wolf)

Magical Area of Focus:
N/A

Organization:
Solitaire

Job:
Dockworker

Appearance:
At the height of 6'5", Keziah has always been the tallest kid in the room. Built through manual labour; broad shoulders and calloused hands haven't seen a holiday in years. Heavyset at 210 lbs, Armstrong lives up to his name and not just for show. Short hair is undercut, sporting a light beard which accentuates his jaw in lieu of soft cheekbones. Emphasis is put on his heavy brow, usually frowning at everything and anything by habit, if it was harder to make him laugh you might think Keziah to be miserable. Often a fan of flannel shirts and jeans, topped by blue overalls if he's on the clock. To see him wear anything beyond what he deems a safe choice is remarkable and most-likely for an event.

Personality:
An utterly predictable creature if ever there existed one. Almost religious when it comes to his schedule, for smalltown blues come easily if you don't keep yourself occupied. From the docks to the diner, he's known as a well-rounded man with a penchant for getting involved in fights. Hot-headed foremost, especially when it comes to threats; loyal when it counts, and charitable for the sake of leaving the world a better place. One of the reasons he'll take his weekends and use them on odd-jobs for others rather than sit and mull over a beer. Keziah has never been one for sitting still and it certainly shows in his day-to-day. Usually, the big man isn't a huge fan of socialising. mostly due to the lack of confidence he has in going out of his way to talk. Pairing well with those who talk, Armstrong is a listener and a damn good one at that. Straightforward in his thinking, it's admirable and occasionally amusing to hear his sensible answers to fanciful questions. A softie all-round to those who know him intimately, surprisingly paternal to those younger than him and humble to his roots. There's nothing fancy about Keziah, just hardwork and a good amount of grit.

Background:
Keziah was born to a community in the backend of nowhere, West Virginia. The type of place between feral utopia, locals who dished out their own laws and meth heads squatting in disused farmsteads. The town was one of the old mining settlements - since they'd closed down, generations were left lost and his grandfather fell to the trap of alcoholism. Dying twisted up and spitting blood, cursing the lord to high heavens. Nothing was left for them there, even the lumber industry hadn't got any spare jobs going. So they moved out to Maine, packed the kids in a pickup and left the family home. Selling to strangers, waving goodbye to ghosts.

Maine was better financially, but the children wouldn't have cared if they'd been thrown halfway across the globe if it meant full meals and arguing bedtimes. They were set to roam and explore as far as they could run, and run home before nightfall at that. It changed in the summer of '04. Keziah had his first love, first heartbreak. Some sweet golden-haired girl from church, kissing behind the caretakers shed. The next time he saw her, she was weeping and her father stuck a shotgun between his eyes. Hard lessons learned well. He thought he'd marry that lass, but at fourteen he barely knew which way was up. So he stopped looking. Keziah was never any good at school, berated rather than helped and called a challenging boy - never to amount to anything.

The wounding to his self-esteem and how others regarded him with pity, caused the boy to act out. Started skipping classes to drink, smoke, find paths through the forest when he should've been studying. He and his father fought constantly, coming close to blows more than once. In the end, Keziah retook and retook until he scraped by graduating high school. After that, he got a job working with his dad. Neither of them enjoyed it. Whilst his siblings grew up and left, there he watched. That church girl got engaged, his mother got sick, and his childhood friends drifted.

So he got his certificates and headed out into trucking, long hauls from state to state so he wouldn't have to hang around. Didn't like the cities, the noise and stink, it dampened what instincts he had. Being in a place like that blinded you. Ferals shouldn't exist among men so closely, or that's what his granddaddy used to say before he passed. They weren't really of either world, just corrupted. The missing link between humanity and primal instinct.

Keziah quit trucking in the end, long days of sitting up in cabs taking their toll on his sanity. Working seasonal jobs from town to town down the coast, reaching Providence and stumbling to a halt. He'd had his freedoms, but the strange place seemed right to settle. Out in the sticks, a good job down on the docks, plenty of fights if he ever needed the excitement. A good place to die. Yes, that was it. Swinging by the diner every morning for coffee, going for drinks every evening. Monotony and humour, a sweet sorta living. Keziah wonders if he's waiting for something, someone, or if this will be his last resting place. Just some friendly fella with a couple of nobodies for a funeral.

Last edited:

Sefu Gray

"O people of the earth, men and women born and made of the elements, but with the spirit of the Divine within you, rise from your sleep of ignorance! Be sober and thoughtful. Realize that your home is not on the earth but in the Light."

safu charcter sheet1.jpg
Species: Bast / Lesser Magic
Sexuality: Gay

Magical Area of Focus: Lesser Magic // Miracles
Organization: N/A
Job: Part time at the gas station, part time helping his uncle at the docks

Appearance: A slight boy, standing at around 5'8 with a slender olive-skinned body speckled with dark freckles. He is of Japanese-German descent and he shares more physical likeness to his late mother than to his fair-haired father. He can be seen wearing muddy boots and dirty t-shirts, and when he's working he'll throw on a baseball cap and a collared uniform. His hair is black but in certain golden lighting, it takes on a warm brown hue. In his cat form, he is an Egyptian Mau, a sleek-haired black cat with wide ears and a long tail.

Personality: Sefu is quite reserved, preferring to keep mostly to himself. He spends most of his time pondering things, and thus he gives off the aura of somebody who is quite thoughtful. He can be bashful and hesitant to voice his opinions, but when he is with people he trusts he won't hesitate to speak up about issues that are important to him. Like his guardian, Irwin Gray, he keeps to himself, but finds pleasure in observing the inhabitants of the town from afar.

Backstory: On November 17, 1997, 62 people, mostly tourists, were killed in a deadly shooting at Deir el-Bahari, a mortuary temple in Luxor, Egypt. Sefu and his parents, who were recently wed from Japan, were visiting the temple when the shooting broke out. Sefu, being only barely a year old, was barely aware of the chaos, but there is one thing he was never able to forget: Anubis. He saw the Egyptian Death God standing in a fiery haze, his eyes fixated on the young boy. It was a miracle that Sefu survived, somehow shielded by his mother's body while the bullets continued to fly. To this day he firmly believes that Anubis spared him, and for that reason he has silently and secretly decided to dedicate his life to serving Anubis. He prays to him, makes offerings to him, and what he's found... is that sometimes... the Egyptian gods grant his wishes. He believes good fortune has blessed him, despite his current seemingly-charmless living situation with Irwin Gray, an estranged relative from the United States, and he will do anything to keep his secret hidden, for fear that the disbelief of others might anger his beloved diety.

Last edited:
Wrenn Applewood

Sexuality: That is a good question. I'll get back to you on that later.
Species: Immortal
Magical Area of Focus: Rune Work
Job: "Software Engineer"

Appearance: Wrenn prefers to keep everything under wraps, because under her casual long-sleeves and jeans are patches and scars that barely blend together, little stitches and strange scrawlings binding them, her flesh, together. She is rather small, at a mere 5'2", with short hair, a "bob" as the kids call it. It is rather clear that she is of European descent, but exactly where was lost even to her. The blonde hair and green eyes suggest somewhere westward from central Europe. She distinctly smells of too much perfume, and if one were to pass personal boundaries and shed all shame and common sense, you might even smell the odor of rotting corpse.

Personality: Wrenn is a very quiet person on the surface, but those who do know her quickly learn that she isn't quiet out of shyness or social anxiety. Rather, it's because she waits to say that exact, precise thing that needs to be said at that exact moment. Whether it be an incredibly cutting comment, or a well placed piece of information, Wrenn is careful with her words. She seems to be entirely self-obsessed, ambitious, even careless in her goals, however clandestine they are. This makes her come off as unapproachable and distant, which is what she wants; to be put off to the wayside until she's the only option one has. Because of this, she's rather content with things like 'research', and 'practising how to talk to people.' Overall, you can expect her to be rather aloof, arrogant, and maybe a bit rude, but wise and helpful if it fits her goals.

Background: When Wrenn was 11, she experienced the first inklings of the pandemic known modernly as The Black Plague. Many of her friends, family, even the passing travelers that visited the little outcropping of a village she lived in perished, hacking up blood and sawing off blackened limbs. This widespread panic that came from the bubonic plague inspired in her something new that no little girl should have ever thought or dreamed of: an affliction with the dead. This grew into a career as a young undertaker, which sprouted into a quiet life of looking to science to explain the strange happenings. Nothing. Nothing she got from reading, something she was barely taught, was working for her.

Until a certain old man that happened to live in a very secluded part of woods introduced himself to her. He said that he was an alchemist, and he had been watching her for the past few months rationalise how and why people died to disease. He said that he would teach her, but no other soul would hear from her for a long, long time. She agreed, and learned of his secrets.

Days, years, centuries, all pass, and Wrenn finds herself to be a master of 'alchemy', a rune based discipline of magic, as she quickly learned all those years ago. She had discovered the secret to life: it's cyclical. Life is born, and it dies. The parts that were once the living go back to the earth for new life to rise. It was that simple. Wrenn had applied this logic to her studies, simply cutting an entire step out of the process by directly using the dead to create new life. However, she found that she was missing something. She could create bodies from existing matter all the same, give them a semblance of a heartbeat or she later learned, brain signals. However, no matter what she did, she couldn't find a way to get the body to function on it's own. No matter how many runes she carved into it, she could never find a way to give it autonomy asides from inscribing specific instructions.

Once again, it was the turn of the century, and once again, Wrenn had to re-teach herself how this generation did things. The 20's were fun for the little bit it lasted, the 40's were a gloomy place for those who fought across the sea and over the hills, and the 70's was just a hot mess for everyone across the world. However, the 80's and 90's had that something she had been looking for since forever: AI. In some ways, it mirrored what she had been doing with runes for years. Closely, she began to monitor the advancement of this specific technology.

Modernly, she finds herself studying not only runes, scouring the world for new runes to incorporate into her designs, but also teaching herself about as much modern technology she can, or at least, to the extent of her patience. She ventures to Providence to continue her search, another city on her roadmap to creating true life from nothing.

AKA: Iron Maiden

Alias: Mary Smith

Sexuality: Straight

Species: Human

Magical Area of Focus: [Classified] Limited ironkinesis

Organization: [Classified] Sentinels: Vatican State Affairs Special Operations Section

Job: Surveillance/infiltration officer

Appearance:

latest

Extra notes on appearance: She has a few scars on the body, and notorious scars around her wrists that she tries to cover with long sleeved shirts, bracelets or similars.

She also has a pentagram on her back, she usually says it was a tattoo that went wrong but it is actually a mark carved in her skin with hot iron, from the times when she lived with her witch family.

She always carries a silver rosary beads with a crucifix camouflaged as an egyptian cross.

When she uses her powers her eyes take a red tone.

Personality:

Mary is a very determined, hard working, trustable and intelligent girl, which complemented those qualities with a deep faith in God and the church, on the other hand she is very reserved and even unfriendly, even for their fellow sentinels comrades. On her soft side she is really caring with little children, the hope of having a family of her own is one of the reasons which stopped of taking votes as a nun (that and her desire to eliminate witches and other heretics).

In any case as her work of infiltration demands convincing and gaining the trust of other people she has been trained and learned to adopt distincts personalities, from a feisty girl to a gloomy goth girl.

In any case, if someone grinds her gears her repressed memories of her abusive past might come back and turn her into a rageful state, even if not she is tortured by nightmares about it.

Background:

Mary grew up in a twisted family of witches deeply involved in the darker side of witchraft and dark cults, she bornt without magical powers and she was abused in many forms during her childhood, with her family even considering the possibility of using her as a human sacrifice, to the point her brain has blocked the memories of much of that time.

When she was around 7 years old, when Sentinels affiliated to the Catholic Church started to search for that witch clan, her family abandoned her and sometime after that she was found by those sentinels and spend some time in an orphanage where she could grow up like a more or less normal child.

She truly believed that she had been saved by the grace of God and his Church and by that age she manifested her first ironkinesis powers, feeling her mission was to eliminate witchcraft to prevent other kids to suffer what she did she trained very hard in self defense, use of hand guns and intelligence tactics to be accepted in the Vatican State forces.

Willing to help the world to rid off of the heretics and witches she became a sentinel affiliated to an elite force of the Vatican State, though she, under another aliases, has arrest orders in US and some countries of Europe due to some "incidents" which come from robbery to murder and spionage, all in name of God.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back