• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Wishworld

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
[Class=textMain] margin:auto; max-width: 600px; text-align: left; line-height:155%; [/class] [DIV class=textMain]
Chapter I

The Bullgoose​

For better or worse your adventures through Wishworld have brought you to the Bullgoose. A junk pile of an airship with less than stellar crew.

It takes the shape of a small bullbous ship tied to two balloons propelled through the air with nothing but the captain's enthusiasm and maybe just a touch of magic.

ddu0yuw-a7b31c2b-691a-4f30-9cfe-0501c5d27d7c.jpg

You have come aboard during one of its stops along the coast of the Hole. It is a large gap in land where the ground is abruptly cut off as it slopes downward into the dark abyss below. It is many miles wide and the journey around would have taken a long time.

What is on the other side? A large city, you hear. A safe haven among dangerous lands.

Just a few hours ago, the doors of a nameless pub were kicked open and the captain of Bullgoose barged in. His crew scurried around the place offering the travelers various trinkets in exchange for supplies.

"Bah, if any of you fine gentlemen need a ride across the pit, my ship is at yer disposal" his metallic head boomed. "That is only if you put our meal on yer tabs, bahah! We are a tad bit short on cash ye see."

ddu0yuq-6a4091c9-c11a-4eba-a63e-d96c9c3a0ed2.jpg

And thus, here you are.

The sun is at zenith, obscured by the balloons hanging above the deck. Occasional gusts of cold wind swing the boat as it passes through massive chunky clouds. The quiet stillness is only interrupted by the bickering of ship's crew.

Quite the idyllic picture if not for the gaping void below. The Hole stretches from one horizon to the other like a strange black sea.

Aside from you there are several other passengers. Some human, some bots, some have chosen to spend their time below the deck taking a nap in the cargo hold.

Points of Interest
To make it easier for you to find something fun to do now, I will post several points of interest. These are random things going on nearby that you can use as ideas for your posts ^ _ ^

Remember, you have control over npcs and places (you don't have to illustrate everything). Everyone is a bit of a gm!

There is a pyromaniac in the cargo hold! An odd passenger has found the gunpowder barrels and is fighting the urge to see some pretty lights.

A suspicious cloud is floating past the right side of the deck. If you stare really hard you would see a slight hint of pink in it. So fluffy, almost like cotton candy. Pretty sure if you grabbed onto the railing and stretched out a hand you could reach it. Wait, did it just move? Nah, must have been your imagination.

The captain is drinking quietly. Maybe not so quietly because if you were to pass next to his quarters you would hear him sobbing. If you were to lean onto the door and listen you would hear something unintelligible about the Lost Orb of Phantasmagoria. What's that? Does it ring a bell?

[/DIV]

Last edited:
As soon as the ship had taken off and was more or less steady in the air, Valentine got out of his seat to take a walk about it, inspecting the vehicle itself and moving from room to room and then out onto the deck looking over all of the edges and ignoring his fellow passengers. Despite all his searching, he was unable to find any mechanism by which it should be propelled.

‘Very intriguing.’

Val tapped the point of his nails against his lips. Without a mechanism, the only other possibility was that it was moving by magical means. Which, of course, it would follow that either the entire ship itself was an artifact, or there was one hidden somewhere controlling the entire thing. Wanting to learn more, he interrupted two of the crew members’ conversation.

“Excuse me. I haven’t seen the captain around recently. Do you know where might he be?” He inquired with a polite smile.

“Prob’ly in his quarters like usual.”

His companion snorted. “Probably drinking and crying again. Don’t know what the fuck’s up with that guy.”

Val’s plastic smile remained, but an eyebrow arched at that. ‘Not steering or looking after his own ship, huh.’ Then again, his entrance into the bar and the poor upkeep of the ship hadn’t created the greatest impression.

“Well, thank you for your help.” He clasped his hands together. “That’s all I needed, so, I’ll let you two continue your conversation.”
With a slight wave, he turned and headed towards where he thought he’d seen the captains quarter.

DeXmts6.jpg
The clicking of his heels against the hard flooring slowed as he approached. Just as the crew had said, the sounds of sobs could be heard through the door, but it sounded like he was already having a discussion with someone inside. Hand hovering in front of the door, debating if he should knock or come back another time, his ears caught pieces of the captain’s words. “Lost….. Phantasmagoria...”

At that, Val’s eyebrows rose in startlement, but he was quick to relax his expression. Not wanting to look suspicious, he moved his hand away from the door, and turned to lean against the wall next to it, crossing his arms and lifting a hand to look as if he was bored, inspecting his nails for dirt, waiting for the captain. In actuality, he was listening as intently as he could. Not a lot of knowledge was available about the Orb. It was an artifact, and it had apparently been Lost. Hence, Lost Orb. He didn’t need to know a lot about it to know that he wanted it, however.

mkZo5X2.jpg
Briefly while trying to pick up as much as he could, which admittedly was not a lot, he lifted his eyes from his nails to glance about his surroundings. If only Cord could memorize this man’s ramblings it’d be so much easier for him to pick it apart, but he’d lost track of him after wandering around. Not seeing his business partner in the immediate vicinity, he opened his palm in front of the beetle brooch on his coat, and it skittered off the fabric and onto his hand, and he whispered to his familiar.

“Sir Jewels, if you would, find Cord for me.”

Sir Jewels opened his wings and flew off, leaving his master standing against the cool wall, shifting his weight as the Bullgoose swayed in the skies.

ww_scene1.jpg

Willow sighed deeply, feeling his pent up stress gradually evaporate as he stared across the endless blue sky. Everyone joined the game for a different purpose, and for him it was a much needed escape from reality. After boarding the Bullgoose, he wasted no time in finding a spot near the stern, leaning against the side of the railing and letting the manufactured wind rustle him. The distant caw of gulls faded in and out behind the roar of the flame inflating the sails.

Snapping out of the daze, he flicked up his menu and swiped through his inventory. It was wise to use the transportation time to get his equipment in order. The process of his artifact meant he had to plan and think ahead. Feeding materials into the flask on his hip could take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours, and being caught with a low stock was sloppy and careless. After all, the rest of his party was dependent on his ability to heal them if shit hit the fan (unless another healer was tagging along). He glanced around the deck, wondering who he would meet on this excursion. Humming under his breath, he threw a few lower level herbs into the flask and popped the cap back on. Activated, the flask slowly began to bubble and hum, emanating a soft glow and heat.

Satisfied with his preparations, he turned his attention back to the sights. Up ahead, an especially soft cloud began brushing against the Bullgoose, leaving a trail of soft pink wisps.

“Is it just me, or is something up with that cloud?” He reflected, squinting at the bobbing shape.

Since first boarding the questionable airship til now, Cord had been observing the world around them as they passed. He was leaned over the side of the ship at this point, binoculars glued to his face as he tried to see into the depths below. "Ah," he pulled his head up just as a cloud began to pass around the ship, causing the glass to fog with moisture. "I don't think I'll be able to see much looking down," he propped his elbows on the railing and looked towards his chattering bird companion, Echo, who seemed to be staring at him intensely.
ww1 (1).png
"What? Are you hungry again?" Cord questioned, before noticing Echo's head was fixated in the direction of his shoulder. He skewed his own head to see a familiar, green beetle clinging to the fabric of his poncho.

"Oh, hello, Sir Jewels," He took the beetle into his free hand, moving it out of Echo's reach, "Is he looking for me? 'mind showing me where?" Echo moved onto his shoulder, the bird's long neck scrunching when Cord gentle pushed its head away. Sir jewels, though only a beetle, took off from his hand as if he understood the question. Cord followed the bug, taking a few out-of-the-way stops as it did before reaching Valentine inside.

"Oi!" Cord sounded in greeting, his smile having grown, "What do you need?"

Nereid Valantis
Nereid silently gazed down into the formidable abyss below, feeling unsettled, but curious about what lies below. Perhaps a bottomless sea, a dark cave, or even a whole kingdom could be down there, or maybe, all three. She silently wished she was brave enough to just jump down there one day, I mean, what was the worse that could happen. A splattered corpse that dissipates into pixels? Respawning somewhere dangerous? In all honesty, she didn't have much to lose. Maybe if she grew some balls one day she'd go for the dive, but not right now. She'd already paid for this airship trip afterall.

Since it was still early morning in the real world for her, and she had only just logged back in to see how the journey was going, she stifled a yawn as a pink cloud suddenly drifted in front of her.

"How pretty..." She muttered idly, as she casually reached out a hand to feel the angelic fluffiness of the cloud. Oddly enough, she missed the wispy fluff entirely, which she assumed must have just been due to her drowsiness, although she wasn't too sure.

Noticing someone else mentioning the cloud, another user with dark-red hair and a fluffy collar, she nodded at him slowly. "Yeah, I think so too..."

After a moment of pondering, Nereid decisively reached her hand out, managing to pull out a wispy tendril of the cloud in between her fingers.

"Hey, what do you thin-" Just as she was about to offer the tendril of cloud to her fellow user, who had mentioned the cloud first, she was abruptly attacked by a little portion of the pink cloud.

Just as she was about to pry off the cloud piece stuck to her face, dozens of similar little pink clouds smothered her, jumping from the giant fluffy cloud just next to them.

"Err... help?"

Tags: ebb ebb
(OOC: I wasn't sure which parts of Willow's outfit he was wearing at the moment so i just drew what I could see, hope that's okay with you!)

Post 1-1.pngPost 1-2.png

4wxjaA7.png
At the call of Cord's voice, Val lifted his head in the direction he was approaching, the corners of his lips lifting in kind. He stretched out his arm to his incoming familiar, Sir Jewels alighting down into his palm, and he slowly turned his hand as the beetle crawled over it.

When his business partner got close enough to hear him speak in a low voice, he nodded his head at the Captain's door. "Listen carefully," and his smile expanded into the grin of someone who knows something that another doesn't.

A slow movement caught his attention, and he narrowed his eyes at the fiery bird that had ever so slowly been inching its head closer to him. Holding Sir Jewels up to his shoulder, it crawled onto the fabric and settled into its normal resting place on his coat. Val's hand still hovered in front of it, not wanting a repeat of the incident that took Sir Jewels the First's life.

// Captain's quarters
// kibou kibou Val (listening behind the door)
// Wert Wert Cord (approaching Val)

[Class=textMain] margin:auto; max-width: 600px; text-align: left; line-height:155%; [/class] [DIV class=textMain]
From behind the door came a small high pitched voice, presumably the captain's right hand man, "Sir, you must steel your resolve!"

"It is too dangerous!" The captain answered gruffly.

"A man of your caliber is above all danger!"

ddul0jd-52ae6df4-cb8d-47b7-86f2-10cd6edbbf75.jpg

"No~ What captain risks his entire crew over some little trinket? A failure. I am a failure. A pathetic excuse for captain here, a pathetic excuse for a man in the real world~ " He took a large gulp from a bottle.

There was some noise as if a small fight was taking place. It ended with a sound of glass breaking.

"Sir, you are human. You are of immortal beings that descended from the higher world to lead us, bots, to greatness!"

"Yeah, yeah, that's not~" the captain interjected.

"Sir, remember when we first met you? You spoke of a map to great treasures. The Lost Orb of Phantasmagoria.

It was tough but you did not falter in the face of many dangers we had to go through to obtain this ship. You never gave up no matter how many setbacks we faced in our quest for the orb. We followed many rumors, but you persisted, you encouraged us through this journey.

It was thanks to you that we finally found the tomb! The forgotten dungeon said to contain the orb.

But what a terrible surprise fate had in store for us! We found the tomb only to discover someone had stolen the orb moments before us. The entire crew was devastated. But you? You said we still had a chance.

You devised a scheme to catch the tomb raider. You knew they must be planning to sell it off in the nearest city and they would not pass up a chance to get there faster. We offered them a shortcut through the Hole. All in order to trick them into boarding our ship!

Now, the perpetrator must be on board of the Bullgoose! Sir, you have never been this close to your dream! We must take this last step!"

"Even at the risk of death?" The captain asked quietly, "You've heard the stories. No one has ever flown over the Hole and returned to tell the tale. I will be fine, but if something happens to any of you..."

"We are prepared to risk our lives sir! We chose to follow you out of greed but stayed because you gave us a home. The crew wants to pay you back."

The captain sniffled, "alright... You're giving this old fool too much credit..."

"Alright!" He slammed his fist against a table. His voice regained its usual vigor " Tell the crew to prepare. Once the land is visible we will apprehend the passengers and search through their belongings. The Lost Orb of Phantasmagoria will be ours and the world will hear the name of captain Borone!"

"Yes-sir!" A sound of footsteps came from the other side of the door.[/DIV]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back