• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic WipEout Racing

FayeHarper

Magic Eight Ball
Roleplay Type(s)
Logo.png
AG PILOT WANTED
Hey there,

I've always loved the old WipEout games. The thrill of the high speed races combined with the dangers of weapons fire on the track got my adrenaline pumping as much as the insane soundtrack did. But it wasn't just the races or the beats that got me hooked. It was the world it all took place in. It was near-futuristic. Technology had just broken new grounds and humanity was expanding. The world was alive with enthusiasm and daring, reflected in the hazadous sport and the thriving club scene that revolved around it.

What is not seen however is what lie beneath the surface. The teams and thier rivals, the drivers and their lives, the passion, fears and victories they share. The journey from rookie to pro. The conflicts of personal life and thier careers. The wins, the losses, the tradgedies. These are the stories I want to find.

My character is Faye Harper, an anti-gravity racing pilot for one of the top teams. I'm looking for a fan of the old Wipeout games to join me in expanding the universe and join my character in their pursuit of a championship title. Maybe you could be her team mate on the grid, or even a rival on an opposing team?

I'm thinking of continuing the timeline where the franchise left off, starting a new season following the FX400 in WipEout Pulse, and making a new FX450 season.
Classic teams like Feisar, AG Systems, Icaras, Piranha etc would still be racing for a new title, and classic tracks can be revisited.

Besides the action of the race, with potential scrapes, crashes, explosions and more.. there is potential for off the track feudes and retaliations. Slice-of-life aspects are something I personally adore, and feel that in this setting, the preparation for a race, and the outcome of it, can be powerful things to explore and add depth to the pilots and the world around them.

Anyway, I'm rambling and reminissing.
If you remember the games, loved them like I do, and would be keen to peel back the surface and get involved in something a little different, please, DM me :)
A long-term partner would be awesome, who likes details and is happy to improvise along with me to build the world. My character is well developed and you can be sure of regular contributions from me as a writing partner.

I look forward to speaking with someone soon, and thank you for reading!

feisar.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back