• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

pandakatiefominz

For I, am John Dorian, King of the Nerds
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
It's winter break, babes, which means I have a lot of free time on my hands which was, not too long ago, inconceivable. And as always, I like to spend that time deeply entrenched in roleplays. Remember when you were writing a novel? I ask myself. Yes, I do, but writing a novel is difficult, and stressful, and there are just so many rewrites I need to do. Roleplays are relaxing. And I don't have to worry as much if having my character do that thing is cliche or if I choose to use a name or concept from another work (such as the time I used "The valley of Imladris" in a fantasy RP). And also it's just really fun.

Anyway.

[*]My replies tend to be between one and three paragraphs, but only if yours are as well. I'm definitely someone who matches my partner's reply length, I do my best never to give them too much or too little.
[*]I almost always play at least two characters. I get really bored only having one, and when I do, I always end up writing NPCs. I don't like RPs where it is just two characters talking to each other the entire time, unless the RP is a one-off scene. Feel free to also use multiple characters!
[*]I don't really write romance, unless it is between two characters I write myself, but I've been... a bit interested with trying it out with a partner, lately. If we choose this path, however, I am only interested in writing FxF!
[*]LGBTQ friendly.
[*]My replies should be regular, but if the RP lasts until I go back to school on the 24th of January (which I hope it will!), then my replies may slow down a touch.
[*]Ghost friendly. If you just stop replying one day, I'm okay with that. I might be a bit bummed, but honestly, I personally find it hurts worse when someone tells me "I don't want to do this anymore," because then I start asking myself, "Is it my fault? Am I bad writer? Am I bad person? Do they hate me? What did I do?" because I do be mentally ill luvs. When I'm "ghosted" I just think, "Oh they probably got busy, nbd." On that note: You do not owe me ANYTHING. If you can't reply for a bit, you don't need to apologize to me. I had a partner once say, "I'm really sorry, I won't be able to reply for a little while. My sister's cancer treatment isn't working anymore," like... You do not owe me apologies. I don't care if it's, "I'm sorry, I can't reply for awhile, I'm trying to watch an entire TV show before my one week free trial ends." You do what you need to do. Obviously I am always grateful when I partner lets me know they won't be able to reply for a few days/weeks/etc., because I do like to know if someone is going to come back or not, but you don't need to apologize, and you don't need to feel bad. I have a partner who replies to me maybe once a year. I'm patient. I'm chill.
[*]Ghost friendly. If you are a restless spirit trapped on this mortal plane, I'm okay with that.
[*]I'm known to send memes/vines/music about the characters/plot. I'm also known to make our characters in Picrew or in specific dress up games.
[*]I'm 21 years old, and prefer my partners to be adults as well.
[*]I write mild angst into my stories, but I will never drop so much onto your lap that it bogs you down. It's just, I'm not happy all the time, and my characters aren't either, because I think it adds to the realism if my characters will, at times, feel homesick, or tired, or struggling a bit with their own mental health, because I try to make them as multidimensional as I can

I don't have a list for this section. All I really want in a partner is someone who is respectful, understanding, and willing to work with me to create an interesting plot. I would hope you don't rely too much on one liners, and I would hope you wouldn't try too hard to control every detail of the story/make your character too much of the main character, but that's really all I need from you. I don't demand (or even really want) character sheets describing your character's entire backstory. I just ask you collaborate with me. I suppose, also, I ask that you respect my triggers, and if I say, "Hey, it would really upset me if you do this action I think you are moving towards, and I would appreciate it if you take it in a different direction, for my sake" I would appreciate it if you listen and respect that. I had a partner recently who didn't, and it was in a group RP, and I needed to step away from the RP for the rest of the day.

NOTE: Unless indicated otherwise, I am fine with these events existing as part of a character's backstory, I only request they not be currently occuring. I do not wish to write or read scenes dealing with these topics.
[*] Suicide and self harm
[*] Sexual assault/abuse
[*] Child abuse/neglect [THIS INCLUDES EMOTIONAL ABUSE]
[*] Child sexual abuse [If this is added to a RP, even as an event in a character's past, I will have to drop the RP.]

[*] Kidnapping [I would prefer this not to be in a character's past either, unless we choose a plot where it really and truly makes sense]
[*] Chronic illnesses which pull attention and make the rest of the plot stop because suddenly all of the characters are expected to direct care to the character who has the chronic illness. I'm very empathetic in real life, but I had this partner, once, who anytime she ran out of ideas, she had her character basically require all other characters to bring her mountains of food so she did not die (Very long story), and it was awful, and because of it, I can't handle characters who completely halt the plot like that. If you character has a chronic illness and it doesn't halt the plot and it adds depth, and doesn't happen literally every other day, then, I'm okay with it. Incidentally, this partner is also why I have my "no kidnapping" rule, because before coming up with this chronic illness, anytime she ran out of ideas, she had her character be kidnapped, and we'd spend the rest of the day comforting her character.

Okay, so now that we've gotten THAT out of the way (and I really hope you read them. There won't be a quiz later, but it's the best way I've found to get started on even footing. I really hope that you'll share with me your whole deal, what you expect from me, and what content you wish to avoid), I guess it's time to talk about the plots I have in mind. yeah? I have a variety of options, but I'm not very by-the-book and if you like parts of one but want to make modifications, I will gladly have that conversation with you! Or if you have an entirely new idea, absolutely share it with me as well. With most of these, we can shift settings (fantasy vs. historical vs. modern, etc), but I'm going to break them down by category.

"Vintage"/Modern
Note: When I say vintage, I mean post WW1 to the 2000ss. Any period within those years is acceptable to me, and modern is anytime beginning after 2010, going up to the present day/early future (i.e. "It's 2028 and the pandemic is over! Yay!" 2050 is outside the scope of "Modern" and 2112 is futuristic)​
1.) Our characters work at the same job/attend the same club. With all of my rps, I need a reason to keep the characters interacting, and this is one of my favourite plot devices. I have a current rp where they work in a high school, and it is a ton of fun. I'm not willing to do a different RP where our characters are all teachers at the same school, however, because that RP is over a year old and still going, it's too locked in. But, like, they could be working at a newspaper, attending a knitting club, working in an office (but not mimicking popular tv show The Office, please). They're really fun enviornments where we get to really get to know who are characters are

2.) Our characters live together in a shared living space (apartment complex, boarding house, etc.) This is another really fun enviornment to work in, because our characters are, again, required to interact. If it's set in an apartment complex, it probably should be an apartment built so there's, like, a central common area which has a lot of activity, because otherwise they'd probably just stay inside their independent homes

3.) All of our characters are on vacation, but a severe weather event traps them in one location. Maybe they're on the beach, and a hurricane keeps them stuck at the resort. Maybe they're somewhere cold and a blizzard keeps them trapped in a resort. Maybe they're on a plane, and they need to emergency land in some little town and have to stay there until the storm blows over, or they're on a train and it gets stuck in incliment weather. I've never done a RP like this, but I think it sounds like a ton of fun. This one can also be turned into a bit of a detective/mystery RP, because maybe there's also a murderer in with them. I don't want it to be, like, a slasher rp, where the murderer is attempting to murder eVEryOnE, but one where one person is murdered, and we need to figure out who it is... but I'm also JUST as happy with a more down to earth, comfortable rp where our characters band together and make a little community while they're trapped amongst strangers. Theoretically they can also be trapped away from society, but I'd really like it to not be a traumatic plane crash or ship sinking or something, that doesn't sound like fun to me.

Fantasy/Historical
Note: Fantasy means there is magic involved, and maybe different humanoid species like elves, orcs, dwarves, etc. Historical means any time period before WWI.

1.) I've been a bit interested in doing like, a Wild West plot, because a podcast I like did a series about Billy the Kid, and it's made me a bit like... 😳 for the wild west. But I honestly don't know that much about the Wild West, so idk if I'd even be good at this kinda plot lol

2.) I always like the standard Medieval Fantasy adventure. Maybe there's a curse to solve, maybe there's a missing artifact, who knows! I like it. They're fun.

So, I know these last two plots are less in depth than the one above, but have no fear. Let's say you want to do the inclement weather plot (which sounds so fun to me, I cannot tell a lie), but you want it to be set in the 1920s, on a train, BUT you want to play a dwarf. YES. I will do that. I will absolutely merge genres to find one we both enjoy. I just want to write and have a good time. If they're stranded on an island, heck, why not add mermaids!? Or set it in the 1800s and add pirates!

Also, I know I'm posting this in 1x1, but I'm also completely willing to do a group setting.

Well, that's all I've got, I hope to find someone who is interested! DM me if you are :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back