• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Long ago, everyone lived down below. 350273.jpg
The races of Karma didn't live in harmony of course... Like most medieval fantasy worlds there was a unspoken hierarchy, a pecking order between the four races (sentient races anyway)

The Elves ruled over the lands of Karma with magic, their inherent ability to manipulate mana let them sit on top of the world unopposed. (Their own hubris brought about the end of karma)

The dwarfs could be summarized fairly easily. The dwarfs despite being the shortest of the races are stocky, strong and smarter then any other when it comes to engineering and smithing.

The humans race in general is less impressive than the others, though they lack innate gifts such as the elves skill for magic or the dwarfs natural strength. With spirit and effort the humans have the potential to be Spectacular.

The Beastkin of Karma include any humanoid animal capable of speech, there be to many "races" to count, so despite the discrimination most of these races fall into the category of Beastkin.
Lizardman = beastkin
Mermaid = beastkin
Avian bird man = beastkin

You may have noticed I used the word "ruled" instead of "rule" when it comes to the elves in regards to Karma, not a mistake as most elves are referred to in a past tense. For it was the elves own doing that brought the end of the world and themselves.
The elves created unatural twisted monsters. Warriors like none could imagine, fiends so cruel one might think they crawled out from hell itself to spread nightmares. These monsters called themselves Orcs, long story put very short...
The Orcs conquered the world of Karma.
794e2a20b16aafac48a86f119d8003ffb6e2ea97_hq.jpg
The war lasted longer than a humans life, the Orc forces pushed in every direction. Though the races of Karma fought for their homes bravely, none won the battles...
Those who didn't escape with their lives met the same fate. Every man was tortured killed then eaten, the woman were captured and forced to spawn more monsters. The Orc army grew larger with each victorious fight, their appetites forever hungry wanting more chances for violence and food.

It was the Dwarfs that saved the races, (some of them anyway)
Using magic and genius the dwarfs created ships that could sail the skies of Karma, flying away from the hell that was once their world. The refugee races eventually found islands in the sky.
d5vt8n4-e6af41d8-ea57-4e5c-b1b9-5dfe9225cba7.png
It's unknown how many ships made it off the planet, it's unknown how many islands are floating in the air supporting life from below. What is known however is...
The world belongs to the monsters and the sky islands will not serve as a safe haven forever.
Our story begins however with the Skyracers,
212d03ef7e96dafc09671ede0c1adc0b.jpg
It's unknown who where and when the practice started, but the what and why were simple to comprehend.
"Use their wings to fly in the sky."
Their wings referring to any kind of flying creature able to support the weight of a person.
Call them crazy or brilliant but some fools had the bright idea to try and ride the various breeds of bird that lived up in the sky, some of those fools even survived. In present times the Skyracers are soldiers honored by those living in the sky islands.
The men and women who ride from the safety of the clouds to explore the hell that is karma below.
============
This rp is about a group of skyracers going on quests for the sake of their island, if you choose to play your character would be a skyracer who is apart of a scout team that discovers a way to help save the races aswell as drastic threats that could fuck the world even harder.
I'm not sure on how many players I want to start with and what the cut off will be but I'm thinking it's between four and six.

"Soft magic" is the go here like most of my medieval fantasy worlds. Generally easy to understand but more annoying to list out every potential Mana type and flavour of rune.
Soft magic in this case works like Quirks from boku hero or magic from black clover.
Each sentient being has a type of mana that determines what magic you use.
Fire mana = pyromancy/firebending/ throwing balls of fire
Transparent mana = invisibility
Etc etc

Ask questions here or claim you want a spot.
Claim your spot by posting
"This looks decent, I'd like to claim the first spot" Or whatever really, I'm not to fussed.

Last edited:
Might be way to early/optimistic but I made a cs page

y'know, this sounds actually really interesting.
are there any restrictions on making characters (aside from the obvious "nothing op/plotbreaking" etc) or on the mana types?

The cs page answers that question but in general I think I'd need to read what someone puts down before I say "no" to it.

If I was to list everything I consider BS/OP I'd be here for a while...
So if people keep it somewhat tame for a medieval fantasy i imagine most stuff can work.

For example i don't want someone posting a 8ft human who can lift a elephant in each hand

I'd claim that as to much.

Oh big edit needed.
No elves and no orcs. Half elves are ok but anything with orc blood in them is considered a monster

Last edited:
Only needing three characters to start, come on down if you want something that can start relatively quickly

What happened to the Hunters Guild in this continuity? Did they get uprooted, disbanded, or killed?

What happened to the Hunters Guild in this continuity? Did they get uprooted, disbanded, or killed?
I like to imagine they fought the Orcs til their dying breath, everyone in the guild with a lifespan longer than a human may have left the planet with the dwarfs

I like to imagine they fought the Orcs til their dying breath, everyone in the guild with a lifespan longer than a human may have left the planet with the dwarfs

I see. And that was how many years ago, roughly?

Hey I'm pretty intrigued 👀 would it be possible to be an avian beast-kin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back