• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Wings of Gold OOC

Sye

Drifter
Title^
For longer than anyone can remember, mankind has looked to the skies for hope. So when the day that Angels came down from the heavens, so many bowed their heads in fervent prayer, and were swiftly beheaded. On that day alone, in a matter of hours; over 99% of the human population was culled.

Once the Angels had done their duty, they left.

The remnants of the human race dwindled further once society had fallen. Eventually, scattered groups of survivors formed and coalesced into a single faction spread closely across what used to be the far north of Canada.

There is currently around three hundred thousand people left alive in the world.

The threat of the Angels returning spurred the remnants of humanity to search for a shield, and a sword, with which to wield against their heavenly aggressors. It came as little surprise to many when the answer to the threat of the bright ones above; was found in forging a bargain with the dark ones below. The opposite of the Angels and their omnipotent master. Devils. The bargain was riddled with trickery and deceit, but the most clever among us struck the deal with the lowest cost. Our salvation would be granted, but the power the blessing granted would also deliver a curse to those who would bear it. Demons, as they came to be known; Women and Men damned by the Devils, granted unnatural powers and forms. When the Angels returned to finish humanity off, angered by their dealings with the dark ones, the Demons did their duty, and fought back the radiant menace. The most powerful among them were seduced by their own power, and once they were finished their fight, sought to be the only ones blessed with strength. And so, they sought to consume each other for their own gain. Only one survived the conflict, a monster created from his own greed, who’s name has since been lost to time.

As years turned to decades, and they to centuries, the Old War was forgotten. Forgotten, or dismissed by the descendants of the wartime generations. The Demons, weapons forged against inevitability, continued to germinate within generations even though they had lost their purpose. Through the years it was forgotten why they had come to be, their title the only thing to stay with them. Among the things to change, the emergence of fantastical creatures became the norm. Nowadays it would be commonplace to find the peak of an ancient skyscraper occupied by a colossal dragon, or to need an exterminator to clear your food cellar of goblins.

In the present, those who bore the curse of being a demon are simply a part of the world. Every few years or so, a family was 'Cursed' to have one brought into their midst. Most serve themselves, others seek to better the lives of those around them. But none of them are prepared for what is to come.

Last edited:
Hey so, considering the fact that this is set in a post apocalyptic sort of world, what kind of weaponry are we allowed? I just don't want to assume whether or not it's melee only so I'm not screwed later down the line.

Guns are on the table for communities that were capable of forging them. Anything made of polymers that decay (modern rifles and whatnot) would be off the table. but ramshackle pipe guns are possible in groups that have the knowledge of building them passed down. the most common ranged weaponry is bows and crossbows though. You would most like not find a functional post-war rifle though.

Guns are on the table for communities that were capable of forging them. Anything made of polymers that decay (modern rifles and whatnot) would be off the table. but ramshackle pipe guns are possible in groups that have the knowledge of building them passed down. the most common ranged weaponry is bows and crossbows though. You would most like not find a functional post-war rifle though.
Alright, thanks for clearing that up. Sheet is pretty much done, hoping to hear some criticism if anything is off when I post.

So it's been a month and change since the thread went up and I'm gonna run a post within the next week, just checking up and making sure people knew that this OOC and the story pages existed or if they are still interested, by of course annoying everyone with an @ :hornswhistle:

I'm just throwing in names of people who expressed interest so I can figure out how to progress this smoothly, if you're sick of me pinging you and no longer want to be part of this just let me know and I'll cross your name off my annoy-this-person list.

N Nue
Quotha Quotha
Diphylleia grayi Diphylleia grayi
Dovinique Dovinique
SP3CT3R SP3CT3R
MidsummerNightmare MidsummerNightmare
Resting Witch Face Resting Witch Face
Robin man Robin man

That's about it, look forward to hearing from y'all soon :P
The story link is in the post above this one by the by
;D

And I had lost hope.

I'd love to continue this, I'd all but forgotten about it. Looking back, I'm sad that it didn't get as much attention as it should have. If anyone is still up for this from the roster, I'd be happy to keep it going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back