• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Willow Creek Equestrian Centre - RP

Raptor At Heart

Aiden Weslake

Aiden stumbled shortly as he stepped out of the house - but he somehow managed to get on his feet without spilling the coffee... It was 7 am - right on time for him.
It was a clear and sunny but still cool morning, april the 5th to be precise and the morning dew was glittering like a billion of small opals in the early sun.

Whistling softly he walked over to the stable to check on Thyme, his Appaloosa Sport Horse stallion. The young man had to smile as he passed through between the stalls. He was already expected and took the time to rub every horses nose shortly. He had just served them breakfast about an hour ago and he wouldn't deal with them until later that day, but there was always some time for nose rubbing.

When he reached Thyme's stall he laughed out loudly - the bay snowcap stallion had started to have his breakfast but had fallen asleep again, resting his nose in his feeding through.
Aiden gently started whispering to the stallion whilst he put down his coffee cup aside the stall gate and grabbed a brush from the small cotton bag hanging outside of the stall. Still talking to Thyme he gently started massaging the hind legs and move up towards the back, restarting on the left side and then changing to the forelegs on the right side.
When he reached the withers he could hear the stallion yawning... Thyme was so not a morning person. He was fine when he had woken up - and he was definately not overworked... but getting up was not one of his strengths...

After making sure the stallion wouldn't fall asleep again, Aiden grabbed his coffee cup and left, drinking whilst his beverage was still hot. He made it to the tack room and grabbed Jester's grooming bucket, then he left again.
He came to empty the cup reaching the activity loose barn where his old pony Jester was supposed to be. He needed a while to find the gelding who was gently grazing on the field. When the palomino noted the young man approaching, he raised his head, neighing happily. Finally he decided to meet Aiden on the way, gently walking up to him.
As soon as the pony had reached Aiden, the gelding shoved Aiden to get some treat - hi tried that every day and it always ended the same - the only thing he got was a flip on the nose, leaving him snorting confusedly.

Aiden groomed the pony carefully, gently analyzing the front leg. Ever since their jumping accident some years ago the leg hadn't healed completely and in fact it was forbidden to ride Jester. For the years everything seemed to have been rather normal - considering the circumstances - but in the last weeks he had noted Jester seemed to slacken off himself and kept off the leg a lot.
He had consulted the vet and the farrier on the subject... but the analgetic didn't seem to make a difference. There really wasn't anything they could do but keep an eye on that.
It was a good day and poor ol' Jester wasn 't limping, he just tried fooling Aiden by suddenly starting to limp until he was told there was no treat to be gained... his miraculous recovery ensured Aiden of that.

The young man finished grooming and walked back up the residence - he was on office duty until his Mum took over. For now there wasn't really anything to do... he checked the system for any chip alerts - but all the horses had used their chips regularly.
Other than that there was only a mail from the feeding supply company affirmating that one of their CEO's would come by see him ride today... he had asked them about a sponsorship.
It wasn't that easy for him anymore - he had won some titles back in the days... him and Jester had had great run until their fall, but in the last years he had finished school and trained Thyme from point blank.
Even though he felt that the stallion was up for the great competitions and titles they hadn't really won anything yet... and getting a sponsor just because of some old titles wasn't easy... At least the copmpany would come by and check them out... probably just because they were ordering so much feed anyway.
For now he couldn't afford to be picky, most companies had turned him down immediately.

Last edited:
Devin Murphy​

Despite carefully designing his schedule for the semester to avoid ever having to get out of bed before ten in the morning, Devin was at the barn by nine. His dad had woken him far too early, rearranging bits of the house for some unknown and undoubtedly sinister purpose. His options, besides staying awake in bed while furniture moved noisily around him, were go to campus early or go to the barn. Campus had the benefit of being able to wear pjs, but it was also still campus, so he'd chosen the barn instead. Even if he did have to put on jeans.

"You're getting fat," Devin told his horse, making his way to the little chestnut mare in the activity loose barn.

Dereivka ignored him. She ignored him until he started grooming her, and then let him know exactly where she wanted him to curry longer,and Devin mostly humored her and then saddled her.

After an adolescence spent mostly in a traditional central Asian saddle, his new close contact felt unspeakably bizarre. His dressage saddle was slightly better, though he didn't think he'd ever get used to knee rolls.

Dereivka stood with her ears flat as Devin mounted in the outdoor show jumping ring, and didn't move when he cued her to walk. He sighed.

"I could have left you in Kazakhstan," he told her, standing in the stirrups and trying to adjust the close contact saddle better. "I could have sold you to the nice man who makes kazy." He sat again and told her, "There's honor in being kazy."

She snorted. He rolled up the sleeves on his oversized hoodie--it was as close to pajamas as he'd get at the barn--and cued her again, driving Dereivka forward with his seat more insistently this time. She crow-hopped in protest, but moved on anyway.

"Thank you," Devin said, and moved them through a warm up routine. He knew she didn't like ringwork, and he couldn't blame her. It was more than a little boring. Maybe they'd get out onto the cross country field later, or on a trail. He didn't have class until later, so he had time to kill.

Aiden Weslake
wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta
When nothing else happened, Aiden decided to take a walk around the stables, making sure everything was fine. As he came by the show jumping arena he leaned himself to fence, watching Devin intrested...

Devin was a patron for some while now - and owned a really cute and exotic chestnut mare that Aiden sometimes tended to mistake for a wild horse. She was a wee bit wild... or at least stubborn anyway.
He was a well rider, but sometimes he seemed a bit troubled... Aiden just didn't know why.

"Hi!" he said to the young man whilst he watched Devin. "How is it going?"

The best thing about Dereivka was also the worst thing about Dereivka--she was smart, and she had opinions. It was great when you were in the steppes and she'd figured out the road ahead was unsafe and there was a better path. It was less great when you were in the ring and she'd decided she didn't want to go in circles.

And then Aiden showed up. Of course. It always seemed to be when he and Dereivka were in an argument that Aiden showed up. Aiden probably thought he couldn't ride at all. Since talking and riding seemed like a poor mix at the moment, he halted Dereivka at the rail near Aiden. The mare leaned down to itch a foreleg, ignoring Aiden.

"As well as trying to get this one to go in circles ever does," Devin answered, scratching his little mare's withers. "How're things with you?" He didn't know Aiden super well, but something told him that Aiden would probably disapprove of most of his life choices, so he though that might be for the best.

Aiden smiled. "Okay, I guess... Some people will come by later to see about a sponsorship and I hate that... but what could I do... except hoping Thyme doesn't sleep in again.... "

He watched the mare with a gently look. "Have you tried working her on an open field?", he asked... "I wouldn't like to be fenced in either... well I don't suppose anyone but Thyme would líke that..."

"Sounds terrifying," Devin said with feeling. Riding to win a ribbon was one thing. Riding to get money was something else entirely. "Good luck with that." He dropped his stirrups and circled his toes.

"I usually do," he added. "Mostly on the trails or the cross country course. I'm just trying to get her used to the idea of fences. They're mostly a foreign concept." Mostly they'd been out on the steppes in Kazakhstan and Mongolia, and the times they had been near cities, Dereivka had still mostly been kept outside of city limits, where she might have been fenced in but they never really rode in them. "I should set up targets," he mused, more to himself than Aiden.

Aiden Weslake
"It is...", Aiden replied with a sound of boredom... "I wish I wouldn't need them... but unless someone drops a few millions here I'm afraid I'll have to stick to them..." He paused calmly for a moment, then he picked up his sentence again... "After all, riding is the only thing I'm not a complete idiot at."

He began thinking for a while... "About those fences... There's some open field west of the loose barns. I could give you some electrical fencing - without the battery, of course - and you could start with a little fencing so she'd still feel less fenced in... And then, once she cooperates you could add more and more until it's like a normal arena... What do you think of that?", he asked, in his mind already drifting towards the afternoon and his sponsor meeting.

Ezra Talmond

Calmly Ezra continued with his daily work... Aiden had passed him twice by the time and still had taken no notice of him. It was unusual as they'd often talk about everything going on... "The sponsorship meeting must really take to him...", Ezra thought whilst cleaning the stall at hand.
He drifted away - this wasn't really a job to think about anything and so he began to wonder wether some new riders would come by the next days or not...
They were in need of more patrons, and they weren't the worst stable in the area... but still, there was lot of competition amongst the horsefarmers.

Sven
Sven and his grooms arrived early on the farm... it was sunday and they needed to get in shape. In winter they were training dressage and obstacle driving regularly, but marathon driving was a different thing. They were always busy during spring.
The three immeadetly made their way to the stalls and started grooming Lucius, Allegro, Bard and Victor. The young man was annoyed - the wet grass wasn't really helping their training... but he hoped that by the time they had finished preparations the grass had dried enough to shake off winter off the horses legs.

Last edited:
Rory Klein
Waking up from her slumber, Rory had gotten up and looked outside. It was a beautiful day out and not an indication of bad weather was showing. The birds chirped happily and bugs passed by with ease. Amazing. She breathed in the fresh air and smiled, excited to go to the barn. Quickly she had gotten dressed and headed out of the door.

Before Rory drove to the barn, she had stopped by a cafe and ordered some breakfast along with asking for an apple to take with her. After she had paid and received her items, she had headed to the barn. Once she had arrived, Rory had already finished her food and brought the apple with her. Time to get to work. She had went into the feeding room and pulled out a piece of paper of the horses she had taken as well as what needed to be done.

Rory had taken the buckets and filled them up to their necessary requirements and exited out of the room. She had cleaned out the stalls that the overnight horses were in since they were gone as well as restock their supply. It was hearty work and she was happy to do so. Horses had been something she absolutely loved to be around.

The last horse Rory had went to was an Appaloosa Andalusian cross. His name was Thunder Cat. Out of all the horses she interacted with, he was the particular one she had felt a connection with and good reason. The male perked his ears up and knickerd, interested in Rory's presence. She was about to go into the stall until she had forgotten a grooming bucket. "Give me a sec." She said as she ran.

When Rory had came back, she had went into the stall. Once she finished refilling his feed, she had began to groom him. Thunder was the only horse she had given TLC the most due to him being Rory's favorite, but she had also heard of the stories of people riding him. The sudden thought had made her nervous to ride him, but she wasn't taking any lessons anytime soon so she was too worried. Smiling, Rory had scraped away the mud from the other day and was onto brushing his coat which she began to him while doing so.

Devin hadn't been expecting any offer of help, and looked at Aiden in surprise. Maybe he didn't think Devin was that awful of a rider if he was offering to spend so much effort on him.

"Thanks," he said, "But at this point I think it's just me and Dereivka stuck in a battle of wills. She's just used to trekking, more than ringwork, is all. Either I'll convince her to get used to it, or she'll convince me it's not worth it. We just haven't finished the fight yet." It was perhaps not the best method of horsemanship, but it was the only way Dereivka seemed to operate.

Aiden
wickedlittlecritta wickedlittlecritta ; demnkiller demnkiller
"Well, in that case: good luck!", Aiden replied with a smile. "I'll drop a note in the office so if you need the e-fence and the field, they should know..."

He waved shortly and turned around, there was a lot of work to do. As he walked into the stable, he found that Sven and is driving team had arrived. He always felt curious about driving, but he was afraid... the idea of having four horses in front of him and not being able to control them via seat and leg aids somehow scared him. Nevertheless he admitted that watching the team in a marathon course provided some spectacular pics.

With a greeting nod he passed the three and walked up to Thymes stall. In the stall next to him there was Thunder Cat... Aiden had to work the palomino - and that wasn't a funny thing to do. But ever since Rory, one of the stable's grooms had started to take care of him, he was calming down... almost normalizing.
The young man found himself lucky, he finally met Rory.

"Hi, Rory...", he said, leaning to Thunder Cat's stall. "Do you have a sec.?"

Ezra

Ezra continued his working round by moving to the activity loose barns - he drove a small tractor with a platform fan towards and left it in front of the fencing, whilst he moved with his wheelchair into the loose barns.
He had all kinds of work to do: cleaning the loose barns and the feeding stations, checking the fences for damages, re-arraging some horse toys, grooming some patrons horses etc.
It'd probably take him all day to work the four activity loose barns.

Sven
Sven laughed. Victor had started drinking water and immeadetly turned towards the feeding trough afterwards - he ended up with a beard of cereals and hay.
The stallion and the three geldings were standing in normal stalls with lowered dividers, a pair on each side of the stall. They were alwaqys together: all were in the same stable, each 2 could see tem in the individual paddocks and all of them were in the same paddock and field group.

He continued grooming the stallion calmly... Victor was a wee bit difficult to handle and it always took him a while to get things done. He worked consistently until the stallion was sparkling clean - his mane had to be braided again, it was just safer for marathon. Sven worked fast, he knew the spanish braid inside out - all the team horses were getting them. Once he'd finished he turned around - Annika had managed to get Allegro and Lucius ready, Lucas was just about to finish Bard. The gelding was temperamental as well...

Rory Klein
R Raptor At Heart
As Rory was grooming Thunder, she could feel him relaxing. She had poked her head around to get a closer look at the gelding's eyes and had seen that he was falling a sleep. This made her smile. It had felt like she was home again, watching the wild stallion and mares run free past her house without a care in the world. Even though she was in a stall with a horse, being near one always brought back memories.

Shaking the thought, Rory had went to grab a comb to comb out Thunder's mane only to be called by someone. She hadn't interacted with a lot of people lately, but the ones she had met were the family of the farm and even then their names were hazy. Quickly, she tried to rack her brain to match voice to face to name but she was terrible at names. With a sigh, she decided to wing it and poked her head to see Aiden with Thyme. "Oh, hello." She greeted with a smile, trying to avoid having to say his name to save her the embarrassment of calling him something different. "What do you need?" She questioned, curious about what he wanted.

demnkiller demnkiller

Aiden Weslake
Aiden smiled softly, Rory reminded him of someone, even though he couldn't figure out of whom.
"You know... ". he started, I'm the guy who has to ride Thunder... And I guess you have heard the stories..., haven't you?"

He paused, surely she had heard the stories... after all he had told her one as a warning. "I've been working with him for a few month longer then you have been here and I still have no clue, what he can do and what he can't do or doesn't wanto to do...
Nevertheless I've noted he likes you. He's far more relaxed and easier to andle since you're caring for him. I thought I'd turn training around and work im from the ground, to see how he's with the basics. I'd like you to help me out... your presence is sure to calm him... Would you like to help me?"

Rory Klein
R Raptor At Heart
The question and offer made her taken aback. Her eyes had widened at the sudden offer and unconsciouslyrics looked from Aiden to Thunder and back to Aiden. The stories that she had heard was making her nervous. She was picturing every detail that was told to her, but her eyes drifted to the male. He wasn't mean to her as far as ground manners had went.

"I have never ridden a horse let alone worked with one." Rory's voice wavered slightly, doubting herself and Thunder. "I-I guess we could try." She took a deep breath and composed herself. Maybe this was a great opportunity.

Taking her time as to not spook Thunder, she had went and taken the comb that she was going to use to comb out his mane. TLC was going to be finished later unless Aiden wanted to spend some time with Thyme at the moment. Grabbing the grooming bucket, she went out of the stall and put it on a small bench. Luckily Rory had known a little about tack, and had peaked her head around to peer into Thyme's stall. "Oh. I didn't mean to be rude. Do you want to spend some time with Thyme first?" She chuckled at the last part even though the question was serious. "I didn't finish with Thunder's daily grooming anyways so it wouldn't hurt my feelings if you wanted to wait." She then smiled at him.

Aiden
Aiden laughed gently. "Thyme's not even awake yet...", he replied. "Plus we'll spend quality time later, so no worries about him..."

With a smile he turned towards Rory. "Well... you're not supposed to ride him and working from the ground is something I can teach you... It's not as hard as it sounds... Come on, we'll get to the tack room and get everything we need."

Sven

Svend and his team made their way to the tack room and returned with their harness... the new marathon collars had to be buckled on and the entire harness needed to be adjusted - at least Bard and Lucius had gained some pounds... and not only muscles, that was for sure.

It took them a while to fit each harness to the horses - at least the small name tags came in handy as they didn't have trouble to sort everything correctly anymore.
With a content air, Sven and the others took a final look at their work... the Frisians looked great - elegant, but still really sportive.
"Let's go!", Sven called to the others and they made their way to the storage barn... the marathon carrriage had been their during winter had had just gotten the technical fix-up and some cleaning. Now it was bright and shiny, ready to be used.

Together they move it in front of the stables where they left it, whilst they took the horses.
Sven smiled - they had changed the horses order during winter to get a more consistent pullin... it had paid off. Not only that they had been able to shove off some seconds in obstacle driving - the horses were calmer that way... they seemed to appreciate the change.

Victor was moved to the front left position - he was the leading saddle horse and would almost automatically walk up to his place. Bard couldn't wait to be led to his position as the front near horse right next to victor. He was prancing and neighing loudly, waving his tail. Annika had a wee bit troubles to keep him from rearing - but he followed her lead and let her bring im up. Relieved Annika gave the reins to Lucas. She didn't really bond with Victor or Bard as they were too temperamental for her.... but she knew how important they were for competitions.
Lucius and Allegro followed calmy - they carefully sidestepped into their positions and waited calmly whilst Sven buckled them up... Carefully he checked the cords and the snap hooks to make sure they wouldn't break in the middle of the course...

Last edited:
Rory Klein
R Raptor At Heart

With a nod, it still worried Rory a little bit about working with horses. It was going to be official and the start of a stronger bond. The thought made her smile, but it also lead to countless horror stories from other rider experiences. 'As long as you know what you're doing, you will be fine.' Her mother's words went to mind. Suddenly Rory's confidence had came back, her posture now more open and ready. "I know I won't be riding him. I was just saying. I have no training whatsoever. Only grooming and the basic tack."

With a smile, Rory had an idea. "Well, since his halter and lead rope are here I can get him out. If there are other things that you have in mind, I can meet you out in the ring. If not, we can walk together." She suggested. "I know that the lead rope will be too short if we were to work him."

Grabbing the halter and lead rope, Rory went into the stall. She had first petted Thunder in greeting like she had always done. Taking a deep breath, she stood beside his head at which she had put the halter to his face. To her surprise, Thunder had leaned into it which made it easy to put it on and clip it to make sure it didn't slip off. The events that had happened made her all the more excited as her eyes beamed at Aiden full of joy. She knew that the road ahead wasn't going to be easy, but right now the little things were something worth celebrating.

Aiden Weslake

Aiden nodded. "Walking sounds good...", he replied gentlyl. I'll grab a lunge rein - it'll be safer to use that and a cavesson in case he should freak for some reasons." He paused shortly, sorting his thoughts. "We'll do both... go for a walk and work him... Why don't you meet me outside near the fields and then we'll head out."

In his mind he smiled - Rory had already bonded to him more than Aiden had been able to. He had taken care of the crazy guy for a while, but they just didn't warm up to each other.
He calmly turned around and made his way to the tack room, grabbing a lunge and the all-leather-soft-cavesson he was using on Thyme.
Thunder sometimes reared up and jumped back afterwards - it would be a heck of a problem to deal with that in a halter.... The angle of the cavesson and the lunge on the back of the nose should make it easier to keep him on the ground.

Rory Klein
R Raptor At Heart

With a nod, Rory enjoyed the idea. Working Thunder and then taking a relaxing walk would be a great bonding experience. However, when Aiden had mentioned the cavesson her features turned into confusion. What was that? What is it used for? Will it hurt? Is it for safety? Quickly Rory pushed the thought since she would know the answer to her questions soon enough.

Opening the stall, she brought out Thunder seeing how big he really was when he got moving. It made her smile. The gracefulness that he possessed made her all the more excited. She closed the stall behind her and walked out of the barn with the lead rope in hand followed by Thunder. As they walked, Rory caught a glimpse of a cart which made her fully look only to see three people with driving carts and four horses. It was an amazing sight to see. The insurmount of teamwork it took as well as trust. It was surely admirable, but something Rory wasn't too keen to learn to do.

Suddenly Rory's felt the lead rope tug a bit and quickly looked back to see Thunder have his ears forwards and his head up. It seemed he was only interested in socialization as he began to nicker and huff. "Thunder come one. We have some work to do." She patted his shoulder and tugged on the rope. With a little effort, Thunder eventually turned his attention back to Rory and began to follow her. Eventually they would reach the fields where they would be awaiting Aiden.

Last edited:
Aiden
After he had grabbed verything, he walked up to Rory. With a smile he noted the 3 and their driving team were getting ready. He was sure to ask Sven this year for a ride... maybe not on the course, but still...

As he reached Rory, he started to explain the stuff he had brought... maybe she knew that stuff already, but it wouldn't hurt to bother with the basics.

"This is a soft cavesson...", he said, showing her the leather headstall he had brought with him. "Note that the 3 rings on the nose are not linked to a chain or iron, so the noseband is really soft and well padded. Normally I'd use it for groundwork with Thyme - but right now I've broight it for safety's sake. If he rears up it'll be easier to get him back on his feet and into a circle. A horse that runs in a circle can't run away that easily."

Then he grabbed the lunge. "I've also brought this lunge... it is 8m long and will give him more room in case he freaks and it'll also allow us, to give him more space without loosing the contact..."

Aiden carefully knotted the lunge around Thunder's neck and buckled the snap to the middle ring of the cavesson before he loosened the halter and replaced it with the cavesson.
"You basically tack it up like a headstall - so leave a space for 2 fingers between the nose and the leather... you have a little more control over the horse if you pepare the lunge and tie it loosely around the neck... so you can grab it in case of need. "

Finally he opened the knot and picked up the lunge properly. "Are you right- or left-handed?", he asked.

Rory Klein
R Raptor At Heart

As Aiden was teaching her about the tack and what it was used for, she listened keenly and carefully. She was sure to note it's usefulness and what they were meant to do, but she knew there were going to be a couple of times where she was going to need a reminder once or twice. Pushing the thought, Rory took the halter when Aiden had taken it off and held it unsure where to place it. Her eyes went to Thunder who seemed unfazed by the whole ordeal which made her focus more. She knew this wasn't the first time he had went through ground work since he was the farm's horse, but was surprised at his calmness.

"I'm left handed." She smirked knowing not a lot of people were left handed and it was a bit difficult for those who we're tight handed to teach them. "It's my dominant hand, but I can work with both. Just some things will feel weird using my right hand over my left." Rory added, awaiting for his instructions.

Aiden​
"Use your left hand... ", Aiden said softly, "If he should freak, you'll react faster if you use your dominant hand... I'll just have to keep in mind whilst I teach you...."
The young man laughed and placed himself next to Rory, sorting his hands. "You hold the lunge like you would hold a leading rope: left hand about 20cm beyond the horse's head, right hand holds the lunge. You keep it rolled up like it is now... if he freaks, loosen your left hand and allow him to pull off some of the lunge. Give in until the lunge hangs a bit, follow him carefully, if possible. Releasing pressure on the neck is a key to calming a horse when it's led...."

Aiden gave Rory the lunge and grabbed the halter. "I'll put this on the hook of his stall - we won't need it until we're back.", he noted. As he had walked a few steps away, he stopped and turned around... "He isn't usually calm like this...", he told Rory. "Usually he would have tried to bite me at least twice... That's why I've wanted you to join... he needs you."

Jayla Isidora
Jayla stepped into the stable, the smell of straw, manure, and dirt surrounding her. It was still early in the day and the chilly morning air clung to her skin. Dim rays of sunlight filtered through the windows and swayed contently. Luckily, this year the girl had scheduled her classes to be at night, leaving the morning and afternoon portion of her week for work and horses. The blonde hurried over to where her horses were stalled, a smile blossoming on her face. She owned three: a straight Egyptian Arabian, Arabian Quarter Horse mix, and a Saddlebred. "Hi babies," she cooed. Her oldest, the Saddlebred, lay asleep, while Goldie, her Arabian Quarter Horse mix, stood staring back at her with perked ears and alert eyes. The Arabian, Donnah, faced the back wall, her tail flicking back and forth lazily. "What're you guys up to?" she asked, reaching her hand through the bars to scratch Goldie's nose.

Jayla stifled back a yawn. She contemplated whether to ride or not, and after a moment of thinking, decided to wake up with brushing and grazing. She could ride after lunch. The girl slid Donnah's stall-door open, halter in hand. She affectionately stroked the horse's black neck. Jayla kissed her nose and slipped the halter over her elegant head. The horse shook out her mane, blinking calmly at its owner. "You wanna get all cleaned up and graze?"

Kay Kalypso
Kay entered the equestrian center, his eyes still full of sleep and a yawn caught in his throat. Unfortunately, he worked in the evening and the morning was the only free time he had to visit his horses. Regular practice was essential for the upcoming shows. Today's plan was to train and maybe trail-ride if there was time. The man was on his way to grab Angel from her stall when he noticed Aiden and an unrecognizable woman alongside a gray gelding. "Beautiful horse," he commented.

[ demnkiller demnkiller R Raptor At Heart ]

"Thanks," Devin said, and gave Aiden a little salute. Then he decided to keep Dereivka busy buy doing some dressage--half-passes and leg yeilds and serpentines, until she was too busy thinking to fight him much. He kept them going until they were both huffing a little, and then he slowed her and headed for the gate. They'd done enough work--now it was time for some fun.

Mandalay Mandalay
Aiden Weslake
Aiden noted acomment from behind him. As he turned around he could see Kay. "Yeah... beautiful... but dangerous...", he replied softly. It wasn't a lie - he was a pretty handful of troubles.

Sven
Carefully Sven and the team hearnessed the horses - they made sure not to come too close to Aiden, Rory and the grey one.
Once they were finished they checked the harnesses again.
Then Svend nodded. He heard how the others were taking their positions... Lucas was his number one groom - and was seated next to him. The others stood behind them.
Sven lowly named each horse before he said "Giddy up!" just a wee bit louder. Calmly and relatively well in their rythm the horses started walking off, following their drivers lead away from the stables and towards the driving course.

They had linked it to some trails in order to avoid any obstacles - today it was just about shaking the winter off by taking a long stretch in canter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back