William's Relationships

Safton

Mr. Heartbreaker
Supporter

Khalil

William cocks his head in consideration. "Me and Khalil... we have an understanding."

William and Khalil had a rocky start to their relationship. There was a time not so long ago when Will saw him as nothing more than another gangbanger, a corrupting influence on Lance after the latter's recruitment into the Bloods. Things changed after Meech betrayed Khalil and his father, soon after tapping Lance for a job that ended up getting him put away for armed robbery. Left with little choice, the two now have a truce born from mutual hatred for Meech and his gang. While it's not a solid foundation for a true friendship, it prevents the two from lashing out at each other in the meantime.

Celeste

"I think it's best I keep my distance from her. And that's fine by me."

Celeste and Will haven't had even a handful of conversations in the time they've known one another. Between piercing glares and cool neglect, Celeste has made her opinion toward him obvious without the need for words. Will understands that Celeste sees in him the same ignorance and bigotry she experienced from white men in the South and it frustrates him. For his own part, Will has no intention on changing Celeste's mind -- or bridging the gap between them -- anytime soon.

Vance

William shakes his head somberly. "She's been through a lot... but she's a good person and a friend."

William only knew Vance by name initially. Their first actual meeting was at the library, where Will was doing research for a school project. The two slowly began to "converse" through their mutual interest in certain books, slowly establishing a friendship. Will learned about the hardship Vance has experienced in her time. He can relate to the abuse, but unlike him Vance never got an escape. It was her history that earned Vance his sympathy... but it was her continued determination that earned his respect. He does what he can to look out for her, though he understands he can't be there to protect her from everything.

Logan

Will averts his gaze before quickly forcing himself to bring it back. He attempts to mask his face with an blank expression that doesn't quite reach his eyes. "Abrams? What about her?"

Logan's reputation was well-known throughout Midwood High long before Will ever met her personally. He always assumed that Abrams would never have anything to do with him, choosing to stay clear of her posse whenever possible to avoid ending up the center of the wrong kind of attention. Things changed the Summer before Senior year. The two met by chance, tentatively building a respect for each other that blossomed into a true friendship, with Will coming to rely on and confide in Abrams and vice versa. Logan's passion to strive for civil rights and her ability to rally those around her for a good cause are the things that Will admires most about her. They also happen to be the same things that make her association with the white son of a former cop "inconvenient". Will agreed to keep their friendship a secret for both their sakes, but he'd be lying if he said it didn't grate at his nerves. The struggle has only intensified lately, thanks to an all too familiar and confusing feeling that emerges whenever she's around -- an affectionate warmth that he can't chalk up to simple friendship. It's a feeling he refuses to acknowledge, knowing that nothing good could come of it for either of them.

Imani

"Lance and her were 'close'." Will smirks. "I can see why."

Will's adoptive older brother, Lance, spent a single night with Imani shortly after his initiation into the Bloods. After that, he was smitten. He wanted a true relationship with Imani, but she never returned his feelings... not that it discouraged him. Even now when William visits him in prison, Lance asks after her. That alone -- along with Logan's close friendship with Imani -- means that he takes the time to check up on her now and then. For his own part, Will isn't fazed by her profession. After all, his biological mother was a "working girl" in downtown Atlanta. Imani might not be a friend of his, but Will respects her regardless.

Miguel

"We don't run in the same circles. He seems like an alright guy, I guess."

Will knows Miguel by reputation and acquaintance, but little else. He first met him through Khalil, but maintains a respectful distance. Despite his usual disdain for gangbangers, Will acknowledges that Miguel has a better head on his shoulders than most. Part of him envies the friendship Miguel has with Khalil; it's a sharp reminder of the kind of trouble Will and Lance used to get up to on occasion. Hendrix is content to maintain the status quo with Miguel for the time being; the last thing he wants is him discovering Will's relationship with his cousin and getting the wrong idea.

Mari

[COLOR= rgb(218, 165, 32)]@kairos ali[/COLOR]

"Never really had the chance to get to know her. She seems... upbeat."

Mari and Will aren't close and he doesn't see that changing anytime soon. He has nothing against the girl herself; if anything he respects her optimism and fierce independence, the way she doesn't let the shit going down in Bed-Stuy get to her. Like him, she was adopted and raised in a multiracial household. But with Mari's best friend being Celeste, William is more interested in keeping his head down and out of trouble than trying to make another friend. If he's cheering her on, it'll be from the sidelines.

Kevin

Antwan

Mekai

Noah Caldwell's Relationship w/ Logan & Imani:
Like you guys didn't see this one coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
WIP of course. I'll probably add blurbs/descriptions later on. If you guys have any ideas about Relationships between our characters in the meantime, hit me up.

I'm like... Speechless.

How in the fuck did you find a song that fits Logan and Will so perfectly? ... How?

@JujuBee

Right???

I've been thinking about tracking down a better song for the two of them for a while and then I happened on that one and freaked out. It's like... the low-key love anthem.

Users who are viewing this thread