• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The_Hub.png
In the West side of downtown BlueBay is a magnificent tower where the wealthy and elite call home, so extravagant one would think it a fancy hotel for the 1% more so then a block of apartments. The Hub is actually property owned by the HeroWatch association, a majority of HW employees, support and heros
(As well as important guests) call this place home or at least come get drunk at the bar here once a month.

The top two floors have been converted into a luxury penthouse for HeroWatch's newest Team.
Sadly the team has yet to decide on a name, but the teleporting Hero Ambush
(and by extension his editor/cameraman Joe Poffy) had been hand picked to be the first members of this new project and by all accounts Ambush took that to mean he would be the leader of this new squad.
A representative from HeroWatch called Pitch was already at the penthouse waiting to welcome the members to their new home, as well as hammer out some of the finer details.

Mike Lalilu (ambush) and Joe Poffy had been the first to arrive, Mike with two suitcases and a backpack on his front and back looking like a modern day pack mule. Poffy with a rolled cigarette sticking out his lips and a single knapsack looking thing hanging off one shoulder. The doorman wouldn't let Poffy in til he binned the smoke. Once in however...
The receptionist had been expecting them thus handed over a security pass and two keys each before explaining how the elevator works. Those passes allow access to the penthouse at the very top and a hidden garage below the tower.

Mike was excited, happy, eager to make money and do some good.
Poffy looked tired and jaded, unimpressed at everything it or in some sort of high functioning zombie state. Nevertheless when doors dinged open to reveal a comfortable (but oddly sterile) hall and the beautiful wooden doors that Mike would have to Google search to see if he can moan "mahogany" later... but more important things were happening.
Mike rushed to the door and figured out which way the key faced before gently pushing the door inwards, "it seems a bit fancy to me P... least they have all the furniture in here"
Ignoring Poffy's mumbles Mike put his luggage down to stretch and appreciate the decor somewhat.
"I don't like it... hope it grows on me" Mike concluded outloud, Poffy mumbled further putting his bag on a table and going outside to smoke. Mike took a few steps and finally noticed the tattooed lady from HeroWatch walk into the room from somewhere...
"Heyo Pitch, thank you and HeroWatch for giving me the chance cause.. I know I'm famous for the silly shit and memes but I do good work and I love my job.

Mike disappeared in a cloud of smoke before appearing again holding Poffy's backpack. Retrieving a laptop and opening up a file with a number of recordings to show "See I've been recording footage with a go pro attached to my helmet as I go on patrol... So I have around five an a half an hours of decent shit Poffy can edit into a compliation, I was waiting to meet the other people you guys picked so we can make it apart of the team's first video"
If one was to look through the footage you would find a first person perspective of Ambush walking around, talking and waving at people, suddenly appearing infront or behind someone doing questionable actions before taunting or beating the shit out of the person/mugger/rapist/drug dealer/etc. Some notable breaks on the action was Mike's need to eat, drink, or use the bathroom.(regrettably but also hilariously sometimes in public) "Also can i get sued by convicted criminals for pissing on them? Cause I have at least thirty minutes of me peeing on some of the people I caught"
Mike asked with genuine concern as a lawsuit seemed to be the most worrying part for him.
Miss Renca Crosrov was probably wishing other members arrived first. They were most likely on the way...
==========================
NightTerror NightTerror Alvaris Alvaris Bill Nein Bill Nein Primmrose Primmrose Ticci Toby Rogers Ticci Toby Rogers
Have at it, arrive or be in the process of arriving. Feel free to control no name criminals/thugs for easy wins but actual confrontations with villains and groups will require you to write in attempts instead of confirmed actions as I need to control and react as said named villains and groups lol
Don't be dicks to each other OOC follow RPN rules and have fun

Last edited:
d2fc33c3265f5b46210c8785ae8dca27.jpg
Renca "Pitch" Crosrov
Renca took a deep breath as she rubbed her temples. They would be here soon – the newest heroes that had some endearing quality. She had a lot of work ahead of her, but she was already making headway. Some would be easier to sell than others, but she loved a challenge.

Pitch glanced up as two entered the room. Mike. At least one finally arrived. The boys exchanged a few words before she took a few steps toward them. She smiled. “People love a hero having a good time,” she said before looking at her tablet. If he loved his job, he was about to love it a lot more. The rest should be here soon – they better be. It was an interesting choice, this Mike. He has the boyish charm going for him, but he seemed like a loose-cannon that had a knack for misfiring.

Renca watched as he pulled up the laptop, showing the footage. She nodded as he spoke, "That's great. I'm sure we'll be able to use some of it. But you don’t worry about the footage we have very capable people who are experts at selecting the pieces that showcase your talents.” She waved her hand at him. “Your main concern is saving the public without destroying everything in sight," she chuckled lightly. It always took the new people time to settle in, most were so used to having to do everything for themselves. “The others should be arriving soon.” Her eyes briefly looked up at the boys before returning to the tablet.

If she was new to the business his question would have taken her off-guard, but, sadly, she had dealt with something like that before. “I think it's best to use the restroom when you have to go,” she said taking in a deep breath. It hadn’t taken her long to realize that common sense was actually quite uncommon. Most people learn not to pee in public at a young age, and yet, here she was reprimanding a man not much younger than her.

“Indecent exposure is a hassle to deal with. I know it can be a good laugh, but let’s not make it a habit.” She raised her brow at Ambush. “Also, I feel inclined to remind you to watch your language when speaking to the public – kids worship heroes, but parents don’t like profanity.” She smiled but he didn’t seem relieved. “You won’t get sued,” she added, and it wasn’t footage they would use.

“When the rest arrive, we’ll get down to business, but before then, why don’t you look around and settle in.”

Jordan fought the urge to tug the strings of her hoodie closed and hide from the eyes of various hotshots strolling through the Tower's lobby. She was pretty sure this was the fanciest building she had ever stepped foot in and was positive that she didn't belong here. The scuffs on her combat boots suddenly screamed "outsider" as they contrasted with the marble floors. Her suitcase rolled noisily behind her and she kept a tight grip on her duffel bag as she stepped up the receptionist's desk.

"Um," she said, then paused, unsure of which name to give the woman. She was saved as the lady looked up and immediately did a double-take, her eyes widening.

"You're Sly! From Sly on the Streets, right?" the woman said excitedly. Jordan smiled, hoping her embarrassment didn't show.

"That's me," Jordan said. This was all still new to her. Thankfully, the receptionist didn't ask for an autograph or anything. Just sweetly expressed her enjoyment of Sly's videos and handed over her key and security pass. The elevator ride up to the penthouse was much longer than anticipated with so many floors, and by the time she walked up to the grandiose doors of the apartment, she was convinced even more that she didn't belong in such obvious wealth. The door swung open and her breath caught. It was beautiful.

She knew she should be documenting this moment in some way; producing new content for her followers and building her name with HeroWatch. But right then, all she could do was greedily take in her surroundings, from the floor-to-ceiling windows to the sleek decor and furniture she hoped was much more comfortable than it looked. There were two people already talking in the middle of the room, one of them holding up a laptop to the other. Jordan recognized Ambush from his videos. Huh. The guy had originally been her competition in views, but now they were on the same team. That would also take some getting used to. Based on the tattoos peeking out from the sleeves of the blonde woman, Jordan guessed her identity based on the info HeroWatch had sent her.

Jordan rolled her suitcase over to the two, giving a short wave.

"Hey, you must be Renca. I'm Jordan," she said unnecessarily. Obviously HeroWatch had already informed her of who she was. She looked over at Ambush. "Nice to finally meet you."

Dante groaned as they heaved their large suit cases through the building's lobby. They damned their lack of upper body strength to hell as he walked up to the receptionist with an exhausted expression. "Decoy," They said, simply. Holding an expectant hand out for the key card. They'd done this so many times at this point that the building and attendants had long ago lost their appeal.

The lady at the desk shook her head at them and said, "I don't understand why they're assigning you to this group. The heroes do decent enough on their own."

Dante rolled their eyes and said, "Just give me my card already. I want this little meet and greet over as soon as possible."

The receptionist handed over the keycard and quipped, "Getting disillusioned with life already, Decoy?"

"I don't think anyone would be thrilled to hear about the accomplishments of the people who'll be beating the shit outa you." With that Dante gave her a smug grin and a roll of their eyes as they turned to the elevator.

They got in the elevator, and breathed in the familiar scent. This wasn't their first team, and it wouldn't be their last. They'd been assigned to more upstarts then any other HeroWatch member they'd met, with the exception of Pitch. They heaved a sigh when they got off and into the penthouse. Home sweet home. This was one thing they could get used to. The luxury that came with this job was better then anything else Dante had ever found on their own.

They heaved their stuffed suitcases though the door and walked past their new 'team.' "I call dibs on the master bedroom! I need the closet space!" They called as they passed, walking straight into said bedroom, and heaving their suitcases onto the bed to mark their territory. They came back after smiling at their old room, and headed straight for the kitchen.

"Yo! Pitch, baby! They providing the alcohol in this place yet, or what?" They called to their long time acquaintance, "I would kill for a mixer right now! You would not believe they day I've had!"

They did not elaborate on this day, simply rummaging around the kitchen in search of any left over alcohol from the last group who stayed there. They didn't acknowledge the rest of the group yet, not really wanting to hear about all the exploits of the people who would be making them their personal punching bag until they got a real nemesis.

NeonFlow NeonFlow Alvaris Alvaris Primmrose Primmrose

Mike was somewhat annoyed as advice about swearing seemed to be the only thing Pitch had to mention. It was true of course, but Poffy and Mike assumed their views and followers came from the "low brow" and "ironic crowd"
Ambush videos had always been targeted towards the 16 to 35 demographic.
The non sequiturs,
The memes and music choices,
Photobombing top tier hero's via teleportation and poses...

It made sense to be known for something the whole family can enjoy, instead of a stoned teenager trying to explain to his parents why the masked man wearing his own merch calling out Captain PC to a hot wings competition is hilarious.

Mike closed the laptop assuming no one here except Poffy wanted to see that trolling compliation.
As if to punctuate that great thought two more people entered the penthouse in quick succession... The first one a being a short young woman with long dark hair, instantly striking a a cord in the feelings of young Mike Lalilu who could only respond to her introduction with a awkward wave and a quick
(but just as awkward) cough to cover his own dumbstruck face
" yo-hey-hi..."
He wiped his face with a slight groan as if the whole world could see how uncool Mike felt inside
"I mean hey, it's good to meet you to haha"
A small smile formed as his hand went to shake hers.

The next person to enter did so like they had been here before, after dropping his/hers? Mike assumed female but in this day and age was not going to assume unless ninety nine percent sure.

This person would find nothing in the kitchen as this penthouse has been empty for six months, though room service can bill the room for any inconvenience such as running to the store for booze and snacks. (Though as someone whose been apart of this arrangement before Dante would realise how much work is required to pay for such living arrangements.)

A 45% cut from all content created,
10% cut of all your merch sold,
And if you do not meet the required amount for rent you could be sold off to work unpaid in advertising or put in troubled hot spots for emergency work.

The famous Stormfront incident is fresh in the courts and savvy publics mind.
As the electric hero Stormfront was unable to pay her rent
(due to inactivity and low sale numbers)
She was forced to power the island city Soleanna for three months just to exit the contract. The stress caused a mental breakdown forcing Sally to retire from hero work instead choosing to live off the grid away from technology in a self sufficient village.
======================
The introductions can happen til each player gets the first post in. Once that happens I shall open up the first Arc for our characters.
Deciding on a team name,
Going on patrol as said team,
Succeeding or failing in stopping a major threat.

NightTerror NightTerror Alvaris Alvaris Primmrose Primmrose Ticci Toby Rogers Ticci Toby Rogers Bill Nein Bill Nein

Jean-Pierre DeLacroix
"Tired. Tired and jet-lagged. Who knew that a 6 hour flight could be so exhausting. 6 hours full of air, away from the earth. Just the mere thought of that sickens me."
Jean threw up yet again in the trashbag provide by the Limo. Despite being on the ground for more than an hour, his flight sickness still hasn't worn off. He checks himself in the mirror. Dark bags underneath blue eyes and pale, moist skin is reflects back at the french man. His normally wellkept hair now greasy from sweat and...vomit.

"as soon as i get there i need a sh-" he is cut off yet again by his gag reflex.

The speakers in the car chime up and say "we have now arrived Mr delacroix" , much to Jean's disatisfaction. he asked the limo to take the long way around so he could regain his composure.

"no time like the present" says a now impatient chauffeur. The tall, older gentleman with opens the door for Jean and he steps out onto the pavement.

Jean looks up in awe of the massive city he is in. The loud cars, the busy people, and...the smell. He slips off his white checkered vans and takes a single step barefoot. He focuses on the vibration and blocks out the sound. "the rhythm of the city" most would expect a hardcore rap beat, or rock. Instead it was Jazzy, a light tapping of footsteps, a heavy snare of a jackhamer being drilled into the concrete. The horns of cars serving as our brass. The music of the city. This brought a smile to his face. He slips his shoe on and takes a selfie with the man who opened the door.

"first day at hero watch, wish me luck <3" - he posts this on his instagram story so all 12k followers could see.

people are unloading his bags from the car and they take them up to his room, as this happens he walks in. Hero's of all kinds walk in and out of the building. Alec looks at his reflection in the marble floor "real marble" he smiles. His complexion returns to normal, steadily, as he makes his way to the receptionist

"Jean-Pierre delacroix?" he says to the receptionist. Her face lights up in excitment.

"why here ya go Mr Iron Knight" she smiles and hands him his pass. she takes a quick selfie with him before he makes his way to the elevator. He taps his foot in anxiety, already so high up again, he breaks in a nervous sweat. THe door opens and he steps into the room, already filled with people.

"bonjour. im Jean pierre. nice to meet you guys"

tag: NeonFlow NeonFlow Ticci Toby Rogers Ticci Toby Rogers Primmrose Primmrose Alvaris Alvaris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back