• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Wild Spirits

PenguinFox

The one an' only
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Within all people lies their spirit animal, a representation of their connection to nature. Spirit animals are more than just useless trivia about a person like zodiac signs. A spirit animal is dormant magic within a person, it's power waiting to be unlocked. Usually a person develops the ability to connect with their spirit animal during their teenage years. A few years ago the amount of persons who were unlocking their spirit animal powers spiked so the government set up summer camps for teens with magical potential. These camps were meant to help teens control their new found abilities and learn to use them responsibly.

This is Camp Wild Spirits, one such government funded camp. Here you will harness your potential and learn to be at one with your spirit animal. You will be put into a class based on your potential. The classes are as follows;

Class 1, Haplomorphs; Haplomorphs are those who take on characteristics of their spirit animal, usually as enhanced senses, strength, intelligence, etc. This class has been nicknamed as "Haps". This is the most common of all classes

Class 2, Projecters; Projecters, do as the name implies. They project ethereal forms that allow them their abilities. Projecters often project wings, gills, claws, etc.

Class 3, Summoners; Summoners conjure their spirit animal into the material world as familiars. They are completely separate from the individual but share a mental connection with each other.

Class 4, Dyadomorphs; Dyadomorphs are a rare class. They have the ability to actually change into their spirit animal. This class has been nicknamed "Shifters"

Last edited:
Chapter One, Welcome to Camp
Late Morning​

After what feels like forever waiting at the bus stop the bus finally pulls up. You're still unsure why the camp required it's own special and personal bus stops but it's part of the funding so you suppose it doesn't really matter. At the every bus stop there is a 'guide' of sorts. They're their to give you the same spiel you've heard countless times now about what the camp is for, why you're going there, the rules, etc, etc. Whether you were willing or not your parents and the government both decided this was best for you. The bus seems like a cross between a school bus and a public bus, with Camp Wild Spirits painted in red on the side.

You step on the bus and see it's already pretty much full. Your stop must have been last. It's quite noisy with the chatter of kids and...music? Towards the back there is a tall kid with a smirk on his face. He's holding an old fashion stereo in his lap and from it music is playing. You make your way to the very back where the last empty seat is and sit down. You watch as the world goes from suburbs to woods. The scenery is quite beautiful. You are almost at peace and have just about managed to block out all the noise when you feel a tap on the shoulder. It's the tall kid. "Sup, I'm Eric." he grins widely. "What's your name and animal?" he says it almost like he's interviewing you, but his tone is joking. You tell him and it seems to sate he's curiosity. "No offense if I forget and ask again, apologies in advance." he shrugs and returns to his seat.

Soon after you arrive at the camp and see all sorts of kids with all kinds of abilities and animals. You see the lake and a guy swimming and jumping out of it as though he were a dolphin, you see one kid pulling a huge rock, you see a pair wrestling each other there are several winged children and a few familiars flying. You even watch as one kid morphs into a lynx before your eyes. "This is so cool" you hear one of the other kids on the bus say. You file out of the bus with your luggage where there is a counselor assigning each person their class and cabin. Afterwards most kids just stand around the bus, awe-struck or trying to introduce themselves. You look at the pamphlet given to you by the counselor. It has a map of the camp, basic info and on the front there's a sticky note with your name, class and cabin. Your cabin is Cabin C. Aio Aio Luna_Marie Luna_Marie McMajestic McMajestic FrostXShadow FrostXShadow xpstitch xpstitch SarachaSauz06 SarachaSauz06 MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx

Ka'El practically flipps off the bus when he saw other kids using their abilities "this is so cool!!" He said aloud acting like a kid in a candy shop, not knowing what to do with himself. He looks down at the pamphlet in his hand "Cabin C huh? He asked not recalling talking to anyone in particular 'I know your excited but Jesus kid" a voice rang through his head as an owl formed in his shoulder through sliver mist. Staring at him with bright silver eyes. "Hey, no judging Loki" he said aloud, pointing at the owl 'kind of hard not to when you are jumping around like a 5 year old' Loki said shaking his head. Ka'El just glared at his spirit animal and looked down at the map "alright so according to the map cabin C is this way" he pointed to the wrong direction 'Other way kid' Loki corrected him "I meant that way" he said before pointing in the opposite direction and began his march to the cabin while Loki sat on his shoulder.
((Not the best intro but oh well))

Charlemagne walked off the bus. One could see his posture was excellent. His walk was perfect. He was STRONG too. God damn, those muscles give even the strongest of horses a run for their money. He was literally as strong as a horse. His impressive physique wasn't the only thing that was like that of a horse. He was TALL. And his hair was long. It was beautiful, silky, STRONG. His hair was perfect. Girls would often pester him on what products he used to get such results. His hair was as beautiful as a well groomed horse's mane. He walked proudly, strutting his walk like he was some hot stuff. Like walking was something he was perfect at, even though it seemed silly to be perfect at something everybody does so easily anyways. His skin was a lovely carmel color, his cheekbones distinct from the Caucasian majority... What was he? Mexican is one thing people often guess. But no, close though. He was Native Indian. That's right. A native man. The noble red-man. Some folks often teased him with names like Crazy-horse.... Which wouldn't be that far off the mark. He was deemed crazy by some... And he was in some ways, a horse. His spirit animal. He was taught about spirit animals by some people on reservations, but his ability was special even among the medicine men. They thought him a wonder back on the Rez. He looked at the map to find his way to where he'll be staying.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 3
Eris had sat quietly on the bus, her nose stuck in a comic book- or three. She tended to read through them quickly, and the long bus ride gave her ample time to do so. Her auburn hair had been thrown into a messy bun at some point, and she had pushed herself by the window, at one point glancing out and watching Pax appear, galloping next to the bus and whinnying before dissipating into thin air. It was a little something for Eris, who had been terrified of this trip. She was happy to find a place that could help her really connect with Pax, but she also knew there would be many people there- the bus was crowded as it was- and it sent a slight shiver of fear through her. Eris, just breathe. Your anxiety is unsettling, dear. Pax had always been Eris's voice of reason. Connected yet separate, two entities that could make one amazing girl if only she could get over herself- but she couldn't, and she doubted she would ever.

Her eyes flicked down to the comic book and she turned the page. "I don't know any of these people," she whispered. But you will soon. So relax and laugh a little. She didn't. She couldn't. Pax seemed to sigh in her mind, but finally let it go, and Eris finally went back to paying attention to the story in front of her. So much though that she hardly noticed the bus had stopped and most people were off. She scrambled to get off quickly, taking the card from the counselor and skimming it over. "Cabin C, you think that's where all the average kids go?" she asked quietly. Pax apparated next to her, her head pressing against Eris's hand. Her golden hard, broken and dull, was a constant reminder of what Eris couldn't do, but still she petted Pax as if nothing was wrong. Of course not, Dear, or you wouldn't be there. Eris didn't believe this, but still she didn't argue. It was no good arguing with Pax. She was a wise creature, and she always knew best. Eris should have listened to her more often.

She fumbled to open the map, and looked down at where her cabin could possibly be. "It's over there," Eris said quietly, glancing towards it. She could already see people heading in that direction, and bit her lip. She was nervous. She didn't know what to do, yet she had no choice but to move forward, and Pax pushed her gently before beginning to walk along side her as they slowly moved towards their new home for the time being. @ everyone

McMajestic McMajestic

He began to walk closer to cabin C. Where he was assigned. There was a girl, she had a unicorn. Similar to him. He had a HORSE spirit animal.
"Hey there friend" he said to the girl as they both went the same direction.

Ka'El practically skipped to the cabin 'Jesus kid could you be anymore gay?' Loki asked with a chuckle "Could you be any more mean?" Ka'El asked glaring at his Familiar 'I could but you would probably end up blocking me out of your thoughts and locking me in your subconscious....again' Loki stated ruffling his feathers at the thought " well your the one who decided to show up while I as at school and scare half the kids to death, because you know a owl appearing from silver mist inside and room with no windows is a totally normal thing" he said rolling his eyes. He reached the cabin and walked in "BUNKS!!! I WANT TOP BUNK" he yelled even though no one was in there yet. 'You are such a kid' Loki said as he flew off of his masters shoulder and onto the bed post. "Oh shush" Ka'El's eyes glowed a bright silver and he jumped into the air floating onto his bed. Although he didn't allow his wings to be visible when the hit the light you could see the brilliant white and brown ethereal feathered wings. 'You could have just used to ladder' Loki stated using his wing to gesture to the ladder on the side of the bed. "But that's no fun, plus there isn't anyone here to see it" he shrugged throwing his book bag and duffel bag to the side of the bed laying his head down on it. "I wonder who I will be sharing this cabin with" he said to Loki 'hopefully someone with more common sense than you' Loki said as he walked over to where his master was sitting and sat down next to him. "Why are you so mean?" Ka'El asked glaring at his familiar 'because it annoys you, and it's the only entertainment I'll have until you get up and go exploring through the camp.' Loki said spreading his wings and ruffling the feathers on them
xpstitch xpstitch McMajestic McMajestic
((I have no idea how the cabins are set up, tell me if I need to change something PenguinFox PenguinFox ))

Eric lugged his stuff to cabin C, dufflebag in one hand, stereo in the other. He smirked slightly looking at all the other kids and their animals. He pushed open the door to the cabin to see a row of bunk beds on either side and a window on the wall opposite the door. Under the window was a dresser, presumably where the cabin-mates were meant to put clothes if not on or under their bed. There was someone already on one of the upper bunks whim Eric grinned at. "Sup." he said looking to the owl on the post. "Owl huh? That's cool." he tossed his stuff onto a lower bunk. "I'm a fox myself, much to my old man's disappointment." Eric lifted his sleeve up to reveal his wolf paw tattoo. "Got it before I figured out it was a fox and not a wolf." he shrugged casually after saying that. "Eric by the way." he said extending his hand to the other boy. He didn't really realize that he was talking fast and the other kid might not have been able to keep up with him. FrostXShadow FrostXShadow (you were right, the cabins are as I described.)

Eris had been strolling to the cabin, looking around at the beautiful scenery, and was just about tell Pax that they should go check out the lake as soon as they got settled in, when a young man approached her and said hello. She paused, looking over him and biting her lip. People made her nervous. Saying hello made her nervous. She glanced towards Pax, petting her main and continuing to chew on her lip, for a moment at a loss of words as the anxiety built up within her. God, she hated introductions. "Um... hi," she muttered, her words sounding unapproachable as she looked down instead of at the man in front of her, watching Pax as she adjusted her front hoof slightly. Dear, he's just a silly human. No need to be frightened. You know I'd never let anyone hurt you. I know, Eris thought, though that didn't make the encounter any easier. Normally after the ice broke she could be herself, but such a thing hadn't happened yet, and so she was stuck inside her own anxious thoughts.

She adjusted her messenger bag that rested across her body and held her comic book tight against her chest, trying to distinguish one stain on her ratty converse sneakers from the other as she prayed more words would be spoken or she would be left alone to her miserable, lonely state. Either would be fine with her at this point after her stupid stumble over something as simple as a 'hello'. xpstitch xpstitch

Ka'El laughed as he sat up "yes I know that feeling, The names Ka'El" he reached out to shake the guys hand. "And this little bundle of joy is Loki" he said pointing to his angry looking familiar 'Hello Eric, you'll have to excuse Ka'El during this entire camp stay. He is abit of an idiot' Ka'El spoke establishing a link to Eric "HEY!!" Ka'El protested glaring at Loki. Ka'El pulled up his sleeve and showed the tattoo he had "I have one two, even though I didn't want the skull my brother thought it would look 'Cool'" he shook his head " so I understand people here a based on classes, what class are you?" He asked letting his curious nature take over
PenguinFox PenguinFox

McMajestic McMajestic
"I'm Charlemagne, of course, a lot of folks just call me Charlie."
He said, noticing her obvious apprehension.

"Your spirit animal is the Unicorn I see, well mine is the horse" he said friendly-like.

On a side note he heard the boy Ka'el call for the top bunk. In a moment of slight jerk-ness in his mind he thought of a little inner joke.

He called for the top bunk, but he looks more like he would prefer being the BOTTOM, he thought as he laughed inside, holding his laugh back just enough. All one could see was a slightly coy smile on his face.
FrostXShadow FrostXShadow

Asem hopped of the bus, eyeing the kid who morphed. She knew there were others like her although she never thought she be able to see them. Throwing her luggage sac across her shoulder as she grabbed the pamphlet that was shoved into her face. "Cabin C? Frick." She muttered, balling up the pamphlet and tossing it away as she headed towards her designated cabin. Giving a few taps on the door before opening it. Looking up at everyone already gathered she sighed and threw her sac on the top bunk closest to the door. Eyeing them all she made mental notes of them of course these notes would come in handy somehow. A small smirk appeared on her lips, although it wasn't necessarily welcoming. Crossing her arms over her chest she listened to them talk.

Apollo got off of the bus, unsure of the life laid out before him. Back home everything seemed simple. He'd wake up, try to shower, dress and do all other necessities as quiet and quickly as possible as to not wake his drunk father before leaving for school. He would then get on with the day, meet up with his friends, have a good time, stay away from home for as long as possible before sneaking in through the window of his bedroom and sitting on his bed pretending he was there the whole time as to not piss his Dad off. He'd then talk to his sister and then eat before sleeping and the cycle continued. He wasn't sure if this would be better or worse. He had just found out he was a wolf and it was kind of a shock to him. The claws, fangs, ears and tail were weird and he was unsure whether this trip would be a successful one. He hoped so.

He looked at the map trying to find the location of where he was staying before realising he sucked at reading maps. After a few minutes he found it and began walking in that direction.
(Open)

Eric chuckled at the relationship between the familiar and the owner. "I'm sure we'll get along just fine." he said looking between the two with a grin. "Me? I'm a lowly class one" he said faking a despondent look before returning to his normal cheery self. "Again, much to dad's disappointment. I'm fine with it though. What would I project if I was one? I don't think I could handle a familiar; I can't even handle a hamster. I feel like if I turned into a fox people wouldn't take me seriously, so being class one suits me perfectly." he paused for a moment, collecting his thoughts as he had spoken faster than he had thought. "I presume you are a class 3?" he said in more of a statement than a question. Eric turned to look at all the new entries in the cabin. He eyed each one individually, giving each a wide smile. "I am Eric, this is Ka'El and Loki." he said introducing himself and the other boy to the small group. "We have claimed this cabin as ours, but we are willing to share for a modest fee." he looked over and gave his new partner in crime a wink before turning back to the group. A wide smile was spread on his face. "You may pay me now, or as you choose a bunk." he said holding his hand out, palm upwards. Aio Aio xpstitch xpstitch FrostXShadow FrostXShadow MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx McMajestic McMajestic

Ka'El smirked as he floated of the bed ((jumped)) "I believe twenty dollars is a reasonable fee" he said smirking as he landed in the ground 'great now there are two idiots in the room' Loki said aloud his voice ringing through everyone's head "oh shush Loki or I'll put you in a cage" Loki scoffed 'as if, you'll be to lonely ' he chuckled which came out as a weird hoot
xpstitch xpstitch Aio Aio MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx McMajestic McMajestic PenguinFox PenguinFox

Eris glanced at Pax as he mentioned her. A horse? How intriguing, Pax thought, looking up at Eris with a gentle sparkle in her eye. Pax had never gotten along well with horses. Apparently envy wasn't an emotion that solely belonged to humans. Eris patted her neck weakly. "That's nice," she said, her voice a slight squeak as she attempted to be polite. Silence. Again, she was struggling to find words. What did she say now? What could she possibly say to him that would continue conversation? You could tell him your name, Dear. "Oh!" she cried out, the single syllable ringing through the camp. "I'm Eris! Eris Vixen! But people just call me...." the excitement in her voice died. "Eris," she said quietly, suddenly feeling dumb. It's alright, Dear. Pax nuzzled her head against Eris's shoulder, and she sighed with content, comforted by her friend.

She felt loose with Pax by her side, now that the hello's and names were over with she thought maybe, just maybe, she could work up a question to start a conversation. Although that idea came crumbling down when the two boys began joking about a fee to enter the cabin. "Twenty dollars?" she whispered in disbelief. "They can't be serious." She turned from Charlie to Pax. Eris, of course it's just a joke. "I know, I know," Eris mumbled, starting for the cabin. "Well, I better get a top bunk before they're all gone," she said towards Charlie, scurrying towards the entrance. Pax trotted along behind her, snorting at the boys that had asked for such a fee. "Pax, it's too small in the cabin for you to be in here," she whispered, and Pax dissipated from view as Eris put her bag on a top bunk towards the back corner of the room, near a window. She climbed up as well, sitting on the edge and letting her legs dangle as she looked at the current group that she would be sharing Cabin C with for the time. PenguinFox PenguinFox xpstitch xpstitch FrostXShadow FrostXShadow Anyone Anyone else in the cabin

Asem looked over at Eris and furrowed her brows. Were they supposed to give their names...or something. Asem was never really comfortable speak in front of people, well speaking in general. Although she knew she had to at some point, looking at everyone she crossed her arms and leaned on the bed post as she spoke. "I'm Asem Madiev." THey probably were to caught up in themselves to even hear her as Asem was often over looked but at least now she couldn't say that she didn't try. Asem chuckled a bit as one of the boys claimed that they owed him twenty dollars. Lookking over at Eris she sighed and shook her head before turning and climbing up to her bunk. There she sat, looking down on the others like a predator stalking its prey.

McMajestic McMajestic PenguinFox PenguinFox xpstitch xpstitch FrostXShadow FrostXShadow

"I guess no one is paying...oh well" Ka'El said jumping back up to his bunk, he looked across at asem and Eris, "well I know your Animal is a Unicorn and from what I can see your a summoner" he stated referring to Eris "so what about you....Asem? I think you said" he asked the girl with a bright smile 'please just tell him so he can shut up and take me flying' Loki pleaded to the girl
Aio Aio McMajestic McMajestic

@everybody
McMajestic McMajestic
"Nice to meet you" he said to the girl.

"I'll pay for a bottom bunk but I could just as easily take it for free" he commented as he got on a bottom bunk.

Luna skipped off the bus, glancing around in excitement at the landscape and open spaces. She grinned and shrugged off her jacket to feel the vibes around her fully engulf her. Luna stretched as her jacket slipped into her hand, exposing her bare upper back and large tattoo. With her bags slung around her, she glanced at the cabin she was in and headed that direction, promptly excusing herself past anyone in her way. As she made it into the building, Luna chose a nearby bottom bunk and threw her stuff on top of it.
"Hey bitches!"
She turned around to face the room, her arms thrown in the air. Luna smiled as hair fell in her face and her light eyes danced over every person in the room
"I'm Luna, I'm so thrilled to meet you all!"
The enthusiastic girl fluttered from person to person, shaking hands and hugging strangers. Suddenly as she eyed the challenge of the people in the upper bunks, Lunas tattoo lifted from her back gently to reveal an identical pair of butterfly like wings. She jumped and the wings fluttered weakly as she went from bed to bed, shaking hands with the people in the top bunks. Halfway into one of her handshakes though, Lunas wings vanished and she plopped onto the floor. The bright haired girl groaned and layed on her back, rubbing her side.
"Sorry, still working on that... I just get so excited you know? We are all going to be the best of friends, I can tell."
She gave a positive smile to the group from her place on the floor.
(I'm not in the mood to tag all of you so... you know who you are. And I'm actually screaming cause it won't let me upload any pics)

Apollo arrived at the cabin to a discussion about paying for bunks. He scowled at them, "Really? Charging people to have beds in a cabin? How low have you stooped?" He felt offended that someone would charge someone for a bed to sleep on when people came here for one primary purpose; to learn how to control their powers, "This is a government funded facility meaning everything here is free. If you're even going to try and con these people, you've got another thing coming. I barely able enough money at home to survive daily, my Dad a drunk, my Mom's dead and my sister's missing presumed dead. If you want to trick me into giving you my money that I have to work for then please. Try me." His eyes had changed color to a bright sky blue. His rage brought out his spirit animal. He wasn't afraid to show who was Alpha. He threw his stuff onto a bottom bunk. Wolves weren't climbers, at least this Wolf wasn't.

MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx
"Just take whichever one you like like I did. We're the ones with supernatural powers, it would be foolish for them to think they can actually MAKE us pay for something as necessary as bedding. It's an abomination against the great spirit" he said.

"I'm native indian and our people aren't in good financial status either, I for one won't be paying for any blasted bed. A Rez boy like me isn't paying for a damn thing. You think people who live in stationary mobile homes have money? Indians ain't paying for shi!t"

Asem flinched at the cheery sound of the individual who had barged into the cabin. She shook the girl's hand out of curtesy but other than that she kept her same demenor.Hearing the door open yet again she sighed. Watching as another entered, chuckling at his quick response to the talk of paying to basically sleep. Oh I like this kid. She thought to herself, following him with her eyes before she looked back at the others. "Will you all just shut it? It was a joke, not some personal attack." She growled before looking over at Ka'El. "Yes Asem is correct but if that is hard to remember then just call me A. As for my spirit animal it is a snow leopard." She didn't care to talk about her class though she knew this man probably wouldn't let it go. After a few moment of silence she sighed and began to speak again. "I'm a dyadromorph." Asem hated calling herself by class, as if one was better than the other because her's just so happens to be rarer. She would honestly trade anything to go down a class as shifting was a rather painful process she didn't care to go through.

Apollo set up on the bottom bunk. He brought as much as he could with him to Camp. He wanted to feel comfortable and hoped to make something for himself. He laid down his guitar at the bottom of the bed and hung up a blanket so he could have privacy whenever he needed it. He put his laptop to the side and took out his wolf plushie. He'd had it since he was little and it was the only thing he had to remember his Mom by along with his pendant of the yin. His sister had the yang but she was missing so God knows where that was. He kept his clothes in the bag along with his toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, shampoo and shower gel. Once he was finished he turned back to the native indian. He assumed he could make at least one friend. "I'm Apollo by the way," he said with a smile, "I'm a Class 2 Wolf."
xpstitch xpstitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back