• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Widths of messages, posts, and replies

RageOfInfinity

Improbability is a bad reason to disbelieve
I noticed that the best way to code the widths of things is by percent. That being said, it's difficult to use percentages when I don't exactly know how many pixels wide the default is for the various messages, posts, and replies are.

It would make it so I don't have to constantly re edit my code because the default width is different, and therefore requires a different input. Thank you for your help.

There is no one standard size because the width of the boxes change depending on the sizes of a screen, hence why it’s recommended to use percentages instead.

If you want to code in pixels, which is perfectly fine (though it’ll make the code illegible to mobile users and those with smaller screens than yours), then I would make a wrapper with a width and height you set so you’re aware of what you’re working with.

I do prefer working in pixels, and merely wanted to convert the default (if there was one) to percentages. Thank you though. That's helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back