• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy "Wicked Walking" OOC

Name: Fiel Wick

Alias/Nickname: New Girl, Rookie, Stranger, Fiel, Ms. Wick

Species: Human (so she says)

Sexuality: Bisexual

Height: 5'2"

Weight: 137 Ibs.

Appearance:
Unknown.jpeg

Personality: She seems very kind but guarded. As the newest member to the town, she tends to stay away from people in general and is a bit of a recluse. However, she also has a kind side that she can't help but reveal to those she senses she can trust. Other than that, there is not much known about her personality.

Special Powers: Unknown

Other Abilities/Skills: Unknown

Bio: Unknown

Actually one question when playing a mythical creature would they look like themselves or would they be disguised as humans? Lady Astra Lady Astra

Lady Astra Lady Astra
So a quick question... To what level of contact is it safe around the cursed? For example, would it be considered certain death to touch indirectly, through let's say, a nonporous glove or other material? Or would contact have to be in a direct manner, skin touching skin, such as holding hands, placing hand on shoulder in a case of which the hand partially touches the neck, etc.?

It could become a very interesting sub-plot device I could make use of depending on the situation regarding it.

Re: Cursed Levels of Touch
Lady Astra Lady Astra
So a quick question... To what level of contact is it safe around the cursed? For example, would it be considered certain death to touch indirectly, through let's say, a nonporous glove or other material? Or would contact have to be in a direct manner, skin touching skin, such as holding hands, placing hand on shoulder in a case of which the hand partially touches the neck, etc.?

It could become a very interesting sub-plot device I could make use of depending on the situation regarding it.

Well, emotional contact has the most effect on a person. You can stay within a certain radius of them. Also, you can actually face indirect contact through gloves and such as long as the Wicked themselves do not feel emotional attachment (ex. friendship, love, pity, etc) towards the person. Definitely direct contact will have minor effects and will grow as an attachment is created.

MAIN POINT: If a Wicked hates you, you are instantly cursed by them. There is no escape. If they care for you, you will suffer unspeakable amounts of pain depending on how much weight you have on them. Finally, if they love you, you are destined to die a painful death. The methods are unknown, but they tend to be the most bloody.

Interesting. So if someone had a way of keeping emotional ties between them and a Wicked to virtual zero, they could in essence interact as though the two were just normal people, with only stipulation being no direct skin contact.

Perhaps there's some way to make use of that information from a magical standpoint... Emotion-manipulating magic, perhaps? Possibly magic that merely nullifies emotional connection between the user and those around them...? So many ways to go about experimentation come to mind...

The only issue to solve now would be how to get a character to become privy to such knowledge on social interaction with a Wicked...

Well, think about it: who would be able to have enough contact with a Wicked without being caught, without interaction, and while studying them in such a manner that they can explain it to others? That's what the beauty of this town is. It's a mystery wrapped in suspense, supernaturals, myths, and the worst person to make them all collide...

I can definitely see that whomever is responsible for the Wicked would be privy to such capability, as well as perhaps the doctor so long as emotional ties don't become too strong between them and those whom they interact with.

However, I'm thinking a little past that, and as far out as someone whom would have nothing to gain nor lose from such interactions besides knowledge and personal entertainment. Someone who'd be wary of what was occurring but had nothing to do with the cause nor initial progression of such events. It's an interesting idea to me, the possibility of a character with no involvement with the Wicked learning far more about the Wicked than perhaps even that which originated it.

I love the way you think! I wish we could talk more, but, unfortunately, it's very late and I have school tomorrow. Please, keep writing down your ideas and tell me more about it. I promise to read it all once I'm back. Evening!

Night, Astra. I've still got a good eight or so hours before it hits when I usually get to sleep, so I'll be sure to post any ideas I come up with.

Here's my character! Not very good, but...

Name:

Alison Reynolds

Alias/Nickname:

Ali or AJ

Species:

Human

Female

Sexuality:

Pansexual

Height:

5'9"

Weight:

153 lbs

Doctor (Medical in a hospital/psychiatric)

Personality:

Ali loves to entertain, but is serious when she needs to be or when she's at work. She is a major social butterfly, but she also relies on touch a lot to know how her friends are feeling, as she isn't very good at reading faces.

Special Powers:

N/A

Other Abilities/Skills:

Archery, shooting, living off the land

Bio:

To be revealed

How long she's lived in Ulen:

Ali has lived in Ulen for as long as she can remember

Interactions with Ulen:

Ali is basically the adopted child of everyone in Ulen, as biological parents left her on the doorstep of one of the townspeople.

How she might meet Fiel:

I don't know if this is chill with everyone, but I was thinking that Ali could be at work and Fiel would come in looking for somewhere to sleep or something like that.

Picture:
image.png

Last edited:
Here's my character! Not very good, but...

Name:

Alison Reynolds

Alias/Nickname:

Ali or AJ

Species:

Human

Female

Sexuality:

Pansexual

Height:

5'9"

Weight:

153 lbs

Appearance:

Doctor

Personality:

Ali loves to entertain, but is serious when she needs to be or when she's at work. She is a major social butterfly, but she also relies on touch a lot to know how her friends are feeling, as she isn't very good at reading faces.

Special Powers:

N/A

Other Abilities/Skills:

Archery, shooting, living off the land

Bio:

To be revealed

I very much enjoy your template tbh because it gives you room to improve! Some things I will ask for due to your character will be: interactions with the town, how long you lived there/whether your family moved there or you did, what kind of doctor she is (ex. medical in a hospital, psychiatrist, etc), an image of what she looks like, and how she might meet Fiel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back