Chitchat Wicca/Paganism Discussion

What is your experience with Wicca/Paganism

• I've only heard of it

• I practice Wicca

• I practice Paganism

Results are only viewable after voting.

MenheraQueen

Don't believe everything you think
Hey hey, this is a thread for my fellow Wiccans and Pagans/people who want to discus it.
I feel like transferring from Christianity to Wicca is so hard, my year and a day is nearly over and there's still so much I don't know. My mom is finally getting used to it, referring to it as "harmless fun" (hey, it's something.) I mainly wanted to post this to expand my knowledge and get the opinions of others on here. Please feel free to respond, babies <3!
Blessed be!

I'm not a very spiritual person (even though I was raised in a Christian area,) but I find Paganism fascinating, just like all other religions. I love learning about all the different legends and god's, especially Norse and Celtic ones, and see how they shaped the culture of their region. For example, Morrigan, the Celtics goddess of death and destruction, was changed to Morgan la Faye when Christians got their hands on the original legends of King Arthur. So yeah!

I'm not a very spiritual person (even though I was raised in a Christian area,) but I find Paganism fascinating, just like all other religions. I love learning about all the different legends and god's, especially Norse and Celtic ones, and see how they shaped the culture of their region. For example, Morrigan, the Celtics goddess of death and destruction, was changed to Morgan la Faye when Christians got their hands on the original legends of King Arthur. So yeah!
Though me and my mom practice different religions, we both bond over the connections of the different ones around the world

I agree. One of my favorite things I'd talking to people with different views than me, so that I can see things from a new perspective. It's refreshing.

My aunt is Wiccan, but she's pretty cool, and that's really my only experience with it? So I don't actually know anything haha. But the rest of our family still loves her, since we really expect nothing less from her... even though the rest of us are pretty darn Christian. XD

But she's my aunt and I'm apparently a lot like her, so I'll keep you posted in case I turn out to be exactly like her ;)

My mom is heavily christian, and rebukes Wiccan stuff in her household. But what momma don't know won't hurt her...

I am a learning Wiccan myself. My parents are Catholic and Christian, but they both know I don't go to church anymore. I wear my pentacle proudly, and yet neither of them have said a word.

I'm still living with mine, so i cantr wear it proudly. I want to finish high school at least befiore they kick me out.

Hello! I live in a pretty loose Christian household and have a open family, I do practice Wicca and they don’t seem to mind it too much. I’ve always been incredibly fascinated in it.

Hello! I live in a pretty loose Christian household and have a open family, I do practice Wicca and they don’t seem to mind it too much. I’ve always been incredibly fascinated in it.
My mom is christian, and my dad is.......I don't know tbh. He thinks there's some sort of higher power but like....ehh. My mom bought me an astrology book recently and I recently bought a deck of tarot cards that they let me use and have.

The most I've heard about Wicca is through Witchcraft. While crystals, lunar cycles, herbs, and all that stuff fascinate me, I wouldn't consider myself Wiccan or Pagan. I'm pretty far from religious even though I grew up in a strict christian household. Some actions my stepdad took in the name of god left us without power and water a couple of times and then left us homeless. He also restricted some things I loved like Pokemon

It's the witchcraft portion that always baffles me. Like, is it important to Wicca? Do you HAVE to practice witchcraft? Do you believe that witchcraft works like that or is it more like prayer is to Christians?
There's also the Social Media Witches, most notably Tumblr and Twitter. Nothing throws me off more than a post spell that says something like "This spell is to ensure no creeps mess with you today...........Like to charge, reblog to cast." That is very laughable to me, not your beliefs, but it seems like asking for likes and reblogs. There's also this extreme emphasis on a witch aesthetic, much like the Studyblr community with Muji Pens and $20 journals and IPads.

Another thing is, I'm a black male. Considering that this thing is mostly the territory of the feminist types in reaction to politics (like the anti-trump witch coven who tries to hex Trump and Kavanaugh), not only is that not my territory, but they still debate on if males can even be a witch, just like they still debate on if a male can be a feminist. To me, it's female territory. Not a masculinity thing (trust me, I'm far from stereotypically masculine), but a feeling welcome thing.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 I am a male, and have a coven of me and my friends, both male and female. You just need to find the right group for you.

I'm in a baby stage of figuring things out. I practice Witchcraft but I'm not Wiccan. I'm not pagan. Still have a weird relationship when it comes to gods/deities. I think the great thing about Witchcraft is that it's a peaceful lifestyle that we never stop learning about. I think no matter what changes in my life, the craft is something I'll always carry with me.

Not much into Wicca, but I believe in all gods and goddesses. I follow the Norse ones, myself. not very openly accept online

I've been a pagan for 4+ years now and I follow a wide assortment of gods from several pantheons, but my main god is Sutah.

I've been studying actively for about half a year so I've still got a ways to go before my year and a day, and there really is a lot of information to digest so never feel like you're lesser for needing more time to feel ready!
On my own craft, I might start using a pendulum soon and have been thinking about starting on tarot as well, but I don't want to unnecessarily rush myself. I think the biggest part of my craft will be my Kemetic beliefs though. I find that lots of religious wiccans/pagans tend to worship along the norse/greek/roman path, but I find the oldest deities of Egypt too fascinating to pass by.

I've been studying actively for about half a year so I've still got a ways to go before my year and a day, and there really is a lot of information to digest so never feel like you're lesser for needing more time to feel ready!
On my own craft, I might start using a pendulum soon and have been thinking about starting on tarot as well, but I don't want to unnecessarily rush myself. I think the biggest part of my craft will be my Kemetic beliefs though. I find that lots of religious wiccans/pagans tend to worship along the norse/greek/roman path, but I find the oldest deities of Egypt too fascinating to pass by.
Personally (Just my own opinion) The norse are the most fascinating. It might have something to do with rune magic, or it might have something to do with the mythology behind it. Its interesting that you're going with the egyptians. I havent met that many who do. More power to you.

Hi! I'm Jaime! I dont know how to lean into this so I'm gonna be straightforward. I've been researching and trying to learn more about the wicca religion (values, practices, etc.), but I've seen so many different things that I'm a little confused. I'm very intrigued by what I heard though and would like to learn more. Does anyone have a basic explanation of what wicca values are and the basic terms of things used in wicca practices?
I hope I phrased myself properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back