Viewpoint Why is it so hard to find 1x1 rps here that aren’t Danganrapa (however it’s spelled) or smut/fluff ?

SlasherBasher

It’s seems know one is interested in actual story/character based rps of fandoms or original plots anymore. I am a role player from the Gaia days.

Ive tried to be patient but it is just frustrating at this point. Am I missing something or is this just how it is now?

If you use the filters your searches will be much better. You can look specifically for the kinds of interests you wanna roleplay.

I mostly do platonic roleplays in Harry Potter universe (or ocassional fluffy original roleplay) and I can usually find a few people looking for the same thing.

Now they may not want to roleplay with ME but they do exist at least. But I just use the filters to help me find their searches.

unfortunately, i think a majority of those danganronpa searches are made by the same person making a ton of different accounts :/

I thought it was strange that it had such a ridiculous amount even though it’s an averagely popular anime.
yeah a lot of people have caught on but i don't think it's against the site rules?? (correct me if i'm wrong) so nothings been done about it. even without all those accounts it's still quite a popular fandom on rpn though so i feel your pain

It’s seems know one is interested in actual story/character based rps of fandoms or original plots anymore. I am a role player from the Gaia days.

Ive tried to be patient but it is just frustrating at this point. Am I missing something or is this just how it is now?

I'm going to be honest, I have no idea what you're talking about.

I went to 1x1 searches and filtered ordering by last message and by first message alike, then I went to group roleplays , filtered by fandom and again by the other two, and still nothing like the pattern you're describing. There's seldom the dangamrompa fandom, and there's plenty of roleplays that certainly don't seem to be even romantic or slice of life, let alone fluff - and smut is outright banned on the site.

The fandom is huge and mostly consists of (young) teenagers, from what I have seen. However, it's not as overwhelming as you claim it to be. (Or maybe I am just a bit blind.) I don't want to draw conclusions, but perhaps due to your dislike for the fandom, you notice it a lot easier? At least, that's something that happens to me too.

Live and let live, I suppose. No point in getting frustrated over something you can't control. Just keep searching for topics you are interested in by searching on specific tags.

As others have said, you can completely avoid fandom interest checks through the filter; on the top, there'll be a heading called 'prefix'. It'll drop down a list of the various tags that you can use to find the specific genres you're looking for. So long as you don't filter through 'fandom' or 'multiple settings', you'll find all the original roleplays.

I’m not saying you can’t avoid Seeing as much through tags. Thing is I want fandoms just different fandoms. It just seems very few fandoms outside of a select few get many if any responses which I find odd, even if they are fairly popular shows.

using tags also doesn’t allow you to find the most recent/active people. That’s usually how I look. Responding to people that posted weeks Or even days ago usually isn’t very effective and there isn’t tags for specific fandoms.

Making your own post is always the most effective route. When I'm having trouble finding anything recent that interests me, I just bump my own post and I find partners fairly easily; a lot of people fall under the umbrella of wanting to look at other people's posts rather than make their own, so someone who takes the initiative is going to find more partners. Something being days or weeks old also doesn't mean that the person isn't looking anymore, either. There's no harm in asking them if they're still open - worst they'll do is say not at the moment.

Realistically though, fandom settings are always going to be the hardest settings to find partners for because they're niche shows that require a specific level of knowledge and interest in them to write properly. If you're truly finding it difficult to find anyone on this forum, your second best bet would be to find a discord server for the fandom and see if anyone's interested in RP there.

I don't even know what danganronpa is so I cannot comment on that. As for the smut, though, where did you see those? Smut is banned on this site. If people are advertising it then they're actually violating the ToS.

I've noticed that quite a bit, at least the Danganronpa part (though, isn't smut expressly forbidden? iiiiiinteresting). It's a relatively popular and 'current' franchise, along with others like My Hero Academia and Attack On Titan, and there's quite a bit that you can do with the characters and general premise of it. The fandom is very much into shipping, which I would say spurs on the uptick in 1x1 roleplays even further.

Last edited:
Use the search bar or make your own thread, it works a lot better.

The best way to deal with this issue is to simply filter out these sorts of fandoms. I certainly know many members who are interested in actual story/character-based narratives with original plots. Perhaps you are not looking in the right place. I don't think I have seen any smut requests but definitely report those. Better yet, why don't you create a search thread with story/character-based narratives and original plots? There would be no harm in trying that as someone has already suggested. Or perhaps RPN is not for you. Good luck!

You found smut rpers? Lol I've only done this stuff off this site(meaning not from here rp)
Erp isn't allowed as some have stated.
But I haven't seen any people with those tags or anything and danganronpa isn't too big anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back