Viewpoint Why do you RP?

i love writing, creating ideas, and working with others, and roleplay so naturally works with these that whenever i leave roleplaying, i know it's only a matter of time until i'm back.

It's an incredible way to flex creative muscles and try out story ideas that I might not otherwise explore. It's also fun to not fully know how my partners will move the story so it's almost like being able to write a novel while also be evading it and discovering the story in both ways.

I roleplay because I’m a writer, I write books based off of Roleplays I do and vice versa. I roleplay because It’s like writing with other people, Roleplaying is a passion of mine, just like writing, people say that it’s too nerdy and such, I say “It’s just writing”

To have fun. But also to escape the frustration, monotony, and exhaustion of work (I'm at work and it took me 4 attempts to spells exhaustion cause my brain is tired, lol).

But mostly fun. I derive a great deal of enjoyment from creating worlds and characters to fill them with and enacting awesome and fun adventures with them.

So yeah, simple reasoning but this is why I do it.

Lol thought I had responded to this.

So I love alternate universe take on fandoms. Mostly expanding beyond the core plot line to explore the world itself.

I am at heart a slice of life writer who loves just exploring ficitional worlds.

It's free therapy [taps head]

by which I mean, everything I create is a sum of my own knowledge of the universe, and reflections on that knowledge. And writing is the best way I have of putting it all together, and exploring it more deeply. It can be introspection, or it can be an attempt to better understand thought processes and people completely unlike me. Either way it is super valuable.

Also... writing alone is lonely, and intrinsic motivation is hard 😩 i love the socialization and accountability that comes with rp!! gives sooo much more incentive for the writing machine to keep chuggin'

Hi!

I write since my brain is constantly flooded with various scenarios and I really enjoy the company in writing with another.
Some of my characters are also coping mechanisms. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back