Other Why do you enjoy RP Nation?

Decius Lucius Felix

Deleted Account
What is it about RP Nation that you appreciate? Why did you choose this site instead of another?

Does it come down to layout? Community? Features? Administration/Moderation?

I’ve just always been here, for the last 5+ years. Layout changes have been an adjustment, but it’s so much better on the eyes than other sites like iwaku or mibba or gaia, IMO. I know where everything is, too. I’d have to say the BBcode and also + are big reasons I stay, I like the formatting here so much better. The community is a lot less dramatic than it was, but I would not say I stay for the staff or people but instead the decent variety of people which provides the whole point of the process - more roleplays. There’s more people here than anywhere else I have looked.

Community I'd say. I had three groups of people that I stuck with, each group, for about two to three years straight, and some of which I'm still in contact with today, not including the amazing staff that I've loved since the very beginning.

I had my close group of freaks friends, we all played in a series of Cirque roleplays, great people by the way, actually met one of the members of that group twice before joining the cirque group, didn't even know they were part of that group until after I joined.

I had a pair of best friends whom I worked on roleplays with so much, we did basically everything together, we'd co-GM for each other, pitch together ideas, create intricate character backstories together, all that fun stuff.

I had another group, which was led by my RpN older sister White Masquerade White Masquerade , she ran an amazing roleplay called Naruto Rebirth: Kakureyami, and that lasted for quite a long while. Little secret, I was the problem child of the roleplay, I kind of didn't do anything according to any script or plan, I think I made a lot of trouble for her in PMs/Conversations too xP

I've always loved The Dark Wizard The Dark Wizard , amazing person, super friendly and fun. I don't even know how or when I first interacted with him, but it's been a lot of fun knowing him. Gilzar Gilzar I met before he became a member of the staff, we worked together on an RP or two, had a lot of fun even though things sadly didn't work out long-term for said roleplays. StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 and I met in an RP of theirs a while back as well, we weren't particularly close but I'd like to think we've been good friends since. Alteras Alteras and I also met via roleplay I do believe. Other staff I met through conversation threads and such, and they're all amazing people.

tl;dr Everyone here is amazing, even with as many members as RpN has, you're always going to encounter a familiar face from time to time because of how active and outgoing a lot of people are, and it's always nice to one day see someone you recognize in a thread or roleplay and just know you're going to be happy with your time spent in that thread or roleplay.

I took a long break (couple years) from roleplaying and when I decided I wanted to start getting into it again this past summer I wasn't sure what websites were a good choice any longer. I can't remember what I googled exactly, but RPN popped up and so I looked around the site. I liked how it was organized, I saw that it was heavily trafficked (so I knew there was a large pool of active potential partners), and it seemed like a straightforward choice so I didn't second guess myself and registered.

Best decision ever. This is by far my favourite roleplaying site I've ever been on. Staff runs things really well, the layout is simple and functional, website runs beautifully, it has just the right amount of customization available via coding, general community is awesome, and there's such a wide user base that I've had no trouble meeting amazing people to write with.

Of course, that last part is mostly what's firmly keeping me here. I've met some incredibly fantastic people that I adore chatting and writing with <3 I could get really mushy about how much I treasure my writing partners and the people I casually chat with but I'll refrain from burning everyone's eyes with the sappiness 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back