Other Why do we have so many of these threads?

It was for just this reason I put my learning annex thread together - rather hoped by putting a kind-of FAQ together it'd cut down on redundant threads.
It does save me time, at least.

More seriously, it's because there's a degree of atomization and naivete in the community that people in roughly the same point in their journey come to ask the same questions.
Also it's a lot harder to have non-confrontational discussion threads with some of the huge experiential and philosophical gaps - I can very rarely find someone who wants to talk about system design. prose styling, or certain nuances of narrative structure where we're not talking past each other or agreeing to disagree.

Anyway, back to the tea party - I like a nice loose ceylon most of the time but I will pounce on genmaicha anywhere I see it served.

Grey Grey

Oh god, David's Tea Genmaicha x.x It's the tea that made me like all tea.

I've never tried ceylon however, how does it's taste differ from classic black tea?

I cannot suitably articulate it because I haven't had any in over six months, but I find it has a richer flavour with a subtle bitterness which enhances rather than overpowers.

rae2nerdy rae2nerdy My mind still boggled by microwaving tea from packets... Do you mean tea bags? Or does it contain powdered milk too? Here, tea bags cost maybe .5c a bag.

A friend of mine hated tea. Then I saw how they made it. Steeping a tea bag in half a cup of cold milk for 10 minutes then adding hot water.

Another friend boiled milk in a pot with the tea bags in. No water.

rae2nerdy rae2nerdy My mind still boggled by microwaving tea from packets... Do you mean tea bags? Or does it contain powdered milk too? Here, tea bags cost maybe .5c a bag.

A friend of mine hated tea. Then I saw how they made it. Steeping a tea bag in half a cup of cold milk for 10 minutes then adding hot water.

I am in literal pain after reading this post...

Oh, one question for Americans though. In cafés and restaurants, is coffee cheaper than tea? Over here tea is cheaper so I was wondering.

Yeah it’s a tea bag. It doesn’t contain milk, but you can add it in after the fact.

basically you heat a cup of water first. You can use the microwave, Kureig, or your Coffee pot.

You put one of the below packets in for however you long you want. And voila it’s hot tea.

8763509C-FB0A-4219-AF68-BEAE942C6075.jpeg

defenderofberk defenderofberk so mostly what they will give you is cold tea. And that’s the same as a soda, maybe a few cents more.

If they’re offering coffee and tea in a restaurant they’re the same price. But you basically get hot water and the above bags.

I don’t know anywhere off my head that sells loose hot tea but I expect the price would probably be on par with a hot beverage. I think it depends on what you put in it. Like coffee can get super fancy with different flavorings so that would probably up the price. As far as I know your just getting the tea itself if you go to a cafe/restaurant. They don’t put flavorings in it, you have to do that yourself.

but I live in a really rural town in the Midwest. It’s what outsiders would consider “Southern” so we don’t have a lot of cafes that sell fancy drinks anyway.

This is how you make chai, just add a ton of sugar and the right spices (please refer to an old Indian granny for the recipe). It's great.

On another note, I think it's hilarious that some people are using the word "circlejerk" in an innocent context without knowing the original rude meaning. It has the word "jerk" in it.... that's a clue, guys. Also most of you trying to describe the rude meaning are wrong. XDDDD

Never stopped deadbeats before.

Neither a, I. I'm somewhere between an atheist and an agnostic.
I can see why people believe but frankly I'm too sceptical. It's why Taoism appeals, but I'm saddened that I haven't had the time to explore it enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back