What's new

Other Why do we have so many of these threads?

BackSet

For the Empire!
Hey, tea is your thing not ours!

We poured tea overboard for pete's sake (well, actually that's because you were taxing us on it, no taxation, without representation, you know, but that's a story for another time. Like middle school history class).

rae2nerdy

Three Thousand Club
Wow Americans, God love em, really don't know how to do tea. XD
We can grow it though. So how do you like them apples?

At least I’m pretty sure we do, do you grow it patties like rice? Or am I just thinking rice.

(ever mind looked it up we grow it mostly in Hawaii and some parts of the Southeast)

BackSet

For the Empire!
or honestly anything you make from cows or pigs. Namely all the beef and bacon.
Unless you're a vegan or a vegetarian, in which case it's a crunchy salad, preferrably with lots of croutons. As you can tell I'm neither a vegan nor a vegetarian and only eat salad for the tomatoes and croutons.

Crayons

Iconoclast
We can grow it though. So how do you like them apples?

At least I’m pretty sure we do, do you grow it patties like rice? Or am I just thinking rice.

(ever mind looked it up we grow it mostly in Hawaii and some parts of the Southeast)
They usually grow tea for Britain in India, because colonialism. There was a whole thing fairly recently about a company called Yorkshire Tea and people getting up in arms on Twitter about how it wasn't grown in Yorkshire. XDDDD It's good tea though.

Nah you don't grow it in paddies like rice. XD

rae2nerdy

Three Thousand Club
They usually grow tea for Britain in India, because colonialism. There was a whole thing fairly recently about a company called Yorkshire Tea and people getting up in arms on Twitter about how it wasn't grown in Yorkshire. XDDDD It's good tea though.

Nah you don't grow it in paddies like rice. XD
Yeah you can grow it at home, I remember seeing that in a homesteading site years back. Which is how I knew we grew some here. Dunno the brand or anything.

I know we also grow a lot of rice too in the southern states that are prone to flooding. Saw that in a homesteading show.

Kahir

"𝕬𝖑𝖊𝖆 𝖎𝖆𝖈𝖙𝖆 𝖊𝖘𝖙"
lol it means gossip in American. Unless you want the microwave stuff in the little white packets. Lipton has some nice flavors ;)
The heresy! 😂
We are now discussing beverages.

Why do all my threads and conversations lead back to britain.
Excuse me? Britain? XD The ones who popularised the 5 o'clock tea were the Tugas here XD and it comes from China :0

Plus, I love both tea and coffee, like a true Portuguese: we have the best of both worlds 😂

BackSet

For the Empire!
Excuse me? Britain? XD The ones who popularised the 5 o'clock tea were the Tugas here XD and it comes from China :0
I know that (well, I didn't know the first one but I knew the second one) but the brits were the firts to reply so it's about Britain. Sorry Portugal, you've been surplanted.

Kahir

"𝕬𝖑𝖊𝖆 𝖎𝖆𝖈𝖙𝖆 𝖊𝖘𝖙"
I know that (well, I didn't know the first one but I knew the second one) but the brits were the firts to reply so it's about Britain. Sorry Portugal, you've been surplanted.
Well, I must say that it is not something we are not used to. It happens all the time 😂
(I am looking at you, Spain 👀)

Kahir

"𝕬𝖑𝖊𝖆 𝖎𝖆𝖈𝖙𝖆 𝖊𝖘𝖙"
Hey, if I recall correctly, you were one of the few things keeping Spain out of WWII.
Salazar and Franco were buddies, so that had some influence. However, the fact that they were in the middle of a civil war at the time was really what made them not to, as Franco was best buddies with Hitler as well 👀 but Spain and Portugal "fought" on WWII differently: helping by selling weapons and offering temporarily their assistance to either the Allies or the Axiis. Both Churchill and Hitler wanted to invade Azores if we did not offer our collaboration, so Salazar choose right to help Churchill lol

Fun fact about that fella: Salazar lived two years of his life thinking that he was still Prime Minister, because how were you supposed to tell a tincan dictator that he is not a dictator anymore, due to a stupid incident like falling off a chair? 👀

But still, we did way more than Switzerland lol yes, now I am complaining about Switzerland XD

BackSet

For the Empire!
I also heard that Franco's demands in exchange for joining the war were so unreasonable that Hitler just decided not to ally with him.

Kahir

"𝕬𝖑𝖊𝖆 𝖎𝖆𝖈𝖙𝖆 𝖊𝖘𝖙"
I also heard that Franco's demands in exchange for joining the war were so unreasonable that Hitler just decided not to ally with him.
Oh I had no idea about that. Now I am wondering about what those demands were 👀

Kahir

"𝕬𝖑𝖊𝖆 𝖎𝖆𝖈𝖙𝖆 𝖊𝖘𝖙"
Apparently unreasonably expensive. He wanted a lot of shit and Hitler didn't have a lot of shit (at least, not a lot of shit he could give away).
I bet he wanted Portugal XD like, nah, we're definitely not the last biscuit, we aren't that great, we're the cod eater losers XD but the satisfaction of just saying that after all those centuries Portugal was Spain's once again would have been ego boosting 👀

SP3CT3R

mmmm whatcha say
Unpopular roleplay opinions/things that annoy you threads (no seriously we have three of these on the first page alone)
The threads you're referring to all technically have different purposes, but a dozen or so of us have formed a circlejerk that takes the threads over with conversation and makes them indistinguishable from the others.

BackSet

For the Empire!
All I learned from that was that the first urban dictionary definition of circlejerk isn't crude.

The second one is, in fact, very crude, which, you know, isn't wrong but it is a needlessly crude description.

rae2nerdy

Three Thousand Club
All I learned from that was that the first urban dictionary definition of circlejerk isn't crude.

The second one is, in fact, very crude, which, you know, isn't wrong but it is a needlessly crude description.
What’s the non crude definition?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)