Other Why did you pick your name?

Emma is an alias that I got attached to (been using it for almost 4 years now) I'd like to think that the name formed as an ideal version of myself, and sapphire is my birthstone and also the name of my MLP oc

I tried to make a discord username to communicate with a friend much better; however, I couldn't think of anything.

I went with something catchy, but inconspicuous: "No_One_In_Particular".

Therefore, when I heard about RpNation, I decided to use my old discord username, but make it a bit more original via the "2" after it.

Cyybil is the name of one of my OCs, I got that name idea from looking up "cool names" on google and getting the name Sybil, but then I forgot it and remembered it as Cybil, but I always pronounced it as sye-bull, and I'm fairly certain that Cybil is pronounced more like sih-bull, so I slapped another y on there and boom, Cyybil : )

I was like 15 and saw a movie with a cat named "Scully" in it and I thought it was the cutest shit ever, so I changed the spelling and I've used it ever since.
Also I later discovered that the spelling I used was an Irish slang for "horrible" and thought it was funny.

I just changed my username when I got back from my hiatus. I don’t go by Jinx anymore and this is the username I now commonly use. So yeah.

I used one of those username generators that combine two random words and one of those random words was potent. I was reading Chamber of Secrets at the time and immediately thought of the potions book Hermione used to make the polyjuice potion, called “Moste Potente Potions.”

I liked the ‘your local’ thing and i just threw in a word after that. my name would’ve slightly been different but i decided eboy was a safe play

it's a theme in one of my favorite novels, east of eden. it's a misspelling of a hebrew word (wish i knew the actual word), but it roughly translates to 'thou mayest.' a huge theme in the book is choice: if thou mayest, thou also mayest not. the context it's first told in is whether or not to triumph over your sin and pursue a better life - an english translation makes it seem like a command, but in its mother tongue, god leaves the choice up to you.
i haven't read it in a while, but timshel always stuck with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back