Other Why did you pick your name?

When I found out my username was also someone else's account username + spaces in an RP I was in, I decided to be small-minded and change it. On an obscure words site, I found a word that started with the letter A and had something to do with writing. It didn't even have anything to do with my own style of writing, but it was close enough, so there you are.

Well, Jinx is my online name (and ideal real life name but that’s never gonna happen), and my name as a whole kind of sounds like saying a name from a suit of cards, but instead of clubs, clovers sounds cooler. Clover also happens to be an older alias of mine, so it fits that way too.

I came up with my Username thanks to roleplay forums exactly like this one that use BBCoding to make everything more fancy. My full Username is "Liseran Thistle", which is a very specific shade of Lavender on the BBColor scale. It was also the only shade I would type in because I liked the color purple a lot.

I love lord of the rings and consider myself a hobbit in that universe. Also Frodo and Bilbo both go Beyond The Shire! It came from a phrase I had said in a conversation about LoTR "Beyond The Shire and to Mordor" and it just stuck.

I once made an annoying and repetitive song about pumpernickel because I was bored, but kept calling it "puppernickel" in the lyrics. Thus, it stuck.

i got sick, played just shapes and beats, noticed a cool name one of the artists had, messed with it a bit, and got the original version of my name

the number two part was a stupid joke that arose from staying up until 2 AM

i like having different usernames on anything i go on, and luvfull was the first thing that popped up lol.

I have two sort of "sides of me" OCs that share the last name Draco: Berry (the name I go by on here) and Liam (sort of the "male side" of me???), so I went with The_Dracos. I added the 45 because numbers are fun and that's just a number I like
Also, my usual username on other things is baked_berry, which is where Berry comes from

A compendium is a collection of things, so it just seemed fitting to me to choose a name similar to that for a site that will host a collection of roleplays I am eager to participate in!

Ahem - well you see. I was very creative. My name is Jane...
Don't judge me! next time I'll do better.

Good question. So.. you know that indigo crayon you always fucking hated cause you thought it was purple but it was actually some ugly blue color, so then your coloring was now ruined just cause you didn’t know wth indigo was?! Yeah, that’ll do it.

Eventually I got tired of using a super-weeb nickname on all my sites, so I joined a new one with the username "CrayonsToChaos" in about 2013. It's from an Eminem track where he says the line "from crayons to chaos" and I thought that was a cool phrase because a) I am artist and b) I like chaos (when I'm not enforcing rules and obeying the law, obvs.) and I liked the theme of creating subversive stuff through drawing. And then because it was long, I was generally called Crayons by everyone or signed my name as Crayons, I just signed up here with "Crayons".
HEY, YOU! Nice name. 😁

It has absolutely nothing to do with Mr. Hyde or Hyde Kido, but it's a reference to one of my OC's last names instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back