Other Why did you pick your name?

mmmm okay so basically "waraeru" is the romanization of "笑える " in japanese, which roughly translates to "how laughable" in english. i first heard this phrase in tokyo ghoul, as it's said by the antagonist rize kamishiro. the soundbite of her saying this was then remixed into a song i used to listen to a lot, so it kind of grew on me. i also thought that the actual meaning of it was rather fitting for me, as it could reference the fact that i have (or at least i think i have) a good sense of humour. on the other hand, it could also refer to how i have low self-esteem and can sometimes be self-pitying, so people would think of me as laughable.

wow, deep.

I kind of "adopted" Buttlet from the Wind Waker playthrough the Game Grumps did, and I really like adventure rpgs. That and just... like, imagine adventures of some kid named Buttlet in a mythical land: That can't bode well.

Funny story actually. I was heading back to my dorm (when I still lived in one) from class and cut through one of the commons buildings. There was this random tray of tint chocolate chip muffins sitting on a couple armchairs. I was tempted to take one but decided that they were suspicious muffins as they could have anything in them that may not have been good for me. And as I was walking away I realized ‘Hey, Suspicious Muffins would be a cool username.’

Funny story actually. I was heading back to my dorm (when I still lived in one) from class and cut through one of the commons buildings. There was this random tray of tint chocolate chip muffins sitting on a couple armchairs. I was tempted to take one but decided that they were suspicious muffins as they could have anything in them that may not have been good for me. And as I was walking away I realized ‘Hey, Suspicious Muffins would be a cool username.’

That is great lol.

an "idyll" is a ideal, picturesque scene that is unsustainable. additionally it's a homonym to idol, something that is greatly admired or worshiped, usually with the connotation that the idol is false or undeserving. to me, the word evokes bittersweetness. why pick it? i guess i just like melancholy

I went by "The Mad King" as a nickname on two Discord channel for games. I decided to use a feminine version on this site and on those channels due to coming out as trans.

I believe I've once already explained it here, but it's essentially malevolent hephaestus mixed into one. Back in the day I enjoyed wordplay a lot more than I do now, and I had a cheeky interest in getting people to guess the root of my former nicknames. Nowadays I'm a lot more apathetic to that idea and have since then distanced myself a lot from my username. People used to call me Mal, so I suppose that is good enough for me now as well.

So I joined a server on discord owned by my friend and it was around Halloween. They asked me what my nickname should be, and I told them to surprise me. The next day my name was Fishy Werewolf. My actual name at the time was WhoCares, so I combined the two and got Who.Fish. My name is FishFish cause I got bored with Who.Fish, but I'm gonna change it back soon.

vanilla scented is my handle because ... ... well, i'm always vanilla scented. :smilepuff:
vanilla is one of my favorite scents in body sprays, and et cetera. the only close second is the cherry blossom scent by bath and body. ( i'm so mad that they retired it. )

Back in the ancient year of 2012, I was hooked on the anime Hetalia, which featured countries as, what else, cute anime boys (surprise! My favorite character was Prussia). I was also hooked on history as a whole (still am). Aaaaaaand Jurassic Park. So one of my first usernames was Prussian Compsognathus, then PrussianCompy, then Prussian, and now often just Pruss. This current username is just me being cheeky about it, lol

writing has always been like magic to me, and a witch's craft is magic - given that witch's are also a topic of writing it all just came full circle in my mind

attributing myself to a written mythical being who uses words as their magic seems romantic to me, and i'm nothing if not romantic

It's been my go to username for everything for as long as I can remember haha.

Lighthearted and fun (:

idk lol
I've used some variation of the name "phoenix" on multiple sites for many years, so I feel like it's just kinda become a part of me, I guess?? The "potato" part is more recent, and I added it because a) I like potatoes and b) I thought it sounded funny
that's it

It's pretty much because I like flowers and a ton of my friends tend to tell me I look a princess so :')

Ehx9Vgh.jpg

This is a name of a female warlock I made for WOW. I played her like 10 seconds, but I used that name everywhere for like past three years xP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back