Other Why did you pick your name?

It’s funny since I never had a consistent moniker I was fond of until this one. Luckily I had exceptional friends that let me fiddle with some cameras and it’s been a favorite pastime ever since!

I like to name myself after various knights from the past on platforms similar to this; I find them inspiring and thought-provoking. The Knight Hospitaller, which is the organization of knights I named myself after, were the defenders of Jerusalem during the Crusades, and that's one of my most favored topics in history.

I am named such because they are my favorite animals. I have loved leopards since I was in diapers. (I threw a temper tantrum because I couldn't have a double D bra)

And dragons grew on my as I got older. Who doesn't like dragons?

I first started using this name while playing Pokémon Go (I don't play it anymore though). It is my initials (JLK) + go (as in Pokémon GO... yeah).

I’ve been going by Amy online for years, due to having a very unique name, you can just google the first name and you’ll find me, so it protects my privacy, and I adore Amelia Pond

Horsefeathers; because it was an old timey word that means nonsense which I enjoy. I spend enough time in the real world and this a place where I can escape and horses have feathers here and other such wonderful nonsensical things can happen here. :)

mallory: was ALMOST my name at birth, but my mother changed it last-minute to something else. occasionally wish she had kept mallory.

papes: a couple years ago i was HUGE into the musical “newsies”, and a friend gave me the newsie name “papes”, which i absolutely adore!

I'm notoriously bad at coming up with names. It's usually the last thing I do when creating a character and it never feels "right," even for characters I've been using for years. That, and my desire to keep my real-life and online personas separate has made me rather fond of this username. I've used it on about half a dozen sites.

No, I don't identify as a mouse. Yes, I know how to spell "anonymous;" it's not a typo. (I capitalize the "m" to avoid that misconception, but it has still come up before, LOL.) I'm not especially attached to this moniker. I just default to it.

Way back in the day, Id been constantly changing my usernames all over, almost always after fictional characters I like. Back in 2016, I joined a few groups as Yun Lee (one of my faves from Street Fighter) and it just...stuck lol. So I use it just about everywhere I go.

Way back in the day, Id been constantly changing my usernames all over, almost always after fictional characters I like. Back in 2016, I joined a few groups as Yun Lee (one of my faves from Street Fighter) and it just...stuck lol. So I use it just about everywhere I go.
Mine too!
yun-fullcvs2.jpg

Storytime.
First and ever online moniker was rockerman403. No clue why I chose that name or that combination of letters. It just seemed like I was neat to me. Then I eventually got obsessed with assassin's creed and my handle was assassinsboy2. Absolutely original right? Then that short lived moniker gave way to Sidebrowns. Due to the fact that when speaking with a friend I'd commonly misspeak and. When speaking of my sideburns I said Sidebrowns and found it quit comical.
I like to ramble, apologies, now to the point of the post.

After a month or two of being on this forum I decided to follow a common trend of forming your likeness to a fictional character you enjoy. Having grown up on diablo 2 I had always loved tyraels character and his depiction in media. Angels are just cool as hell and albeit my dislike of diablo 3, the scene with him an imperious just gives me goosebumps and he's just an overall neat character yknow?

Honestly, I'm not really proud of my username, but it's one I have a sentimental attachment to; in Japanese, it's essentially a way to tell someone off or tell them to stop/don't messing around/with you. Something like that. My grasp of Japanese is tentative at best and all my younger self cared about at the time was that it was a way to be vaguely, possibly rude without others knowing. XD

Anyway, it was one of my Neopets names where I first really got into playing Pern with a group of people, and had some really amazing storylines with those folks. I continued to use the name even after leaving Neopets and now I'm just kind of stuck with it.

My name is as simple as using a random name generator and liking the sound of the name. Nothing much to it here.

I am not that much into them now, though I still love them, but my teeth got sensitive from too many of those - anyway, what I'm talking about is I was a huge fan of sour Skittles. I still eat them occasionally, when I get the chance, but not as many as before. I had a different username before on other sites with my actual nickname but at some point I changed it to Sour Skitts, and Skitts stuck to me as a good username that is not one of my nicknames.

my mom chose it, actually, because that's just my real name.

it used to be ken10ethan, because my name is ethan, my dad's name is ken, and i thought '10' sounded like a good way to combine the two, but everyone thought i was into ben 10 and i hated that show, so i went even more generic.

It was the name of an album I was listening to when I signed up. I'm typically indecisive when it comes to picking online handles, so this was easiest.

it mean love or heart in korean
and i love everyone and everything so-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back