Other Why did you pick your name?

The first one from my name actually came from an alias that I made up. Or an OC that I once created as a child as my persona. Her name was Alyssya Trianne Claire. The second one from my name is what my dearest friend Dan called me, it came from my real name. I shall not reveal the name but yes, my friend called me Tikkhu.

My friend (that eventually became my platonic datemate) helped me choose Gray as a name to go by(trans). They dumped me a couple weeks ago, though I'm very attached to the name itself by now even if they picked it out for me. But I kinda got obsessed with the name. I rarely get to hear it in real life, so all my usernames now are based off it. I'm usually GrayArea or GrayscaleFiend, since people will more likely just shorten it to Gray when addressing me online. I just want to have people saying my name. :P

A few years ago I was on this roleplaying chatroom site, and I chose the alias 'Alisha' for myself. I have a massive obsession with sweets and sugars. And for some time I was obsessed with marshmallows. And like, I'm a tiny person. So one of my friends nicknamed me 'Little Marshmallow'. And then one of my other friends shortened my name to Ali. So I just sort of combined them and got LittleMarshmallowAli.

I've used this name as my internet handle since...2005? Mixture of Voodoo and a Supernova, or something like that. I've just stuck with it because it's basically my internet identity.

I first heard the word von from a song off an anime soundtrack. The track was beautiful, and I eventually found myself googling the meaning. In Icelandic, it means hope.

Clarinetti is the plural form of Clarinette, the French word for clarinet, though the term is also used in Italian and German scores. There are actually ~7 instruments in the family , each with different sizes registers, and back when I was in the orchestra/ wind ensemble I usually switched between the different kinds depending on the music we were playing. So, it seemed fitting at the time, though I also just liked how the word sounds.

137a70c1330cbda53a11286f9500baf5.gif

The smallest one (Piccolo) is the size of a forearm, the largest (Contrabass) taller than me XP

Malygos, the Spell-Weaver, is the Aspect of the Blue Dragonflight in World of Warcraft ;)
+ LOOK AT THIS THING AND TELL ME YOU DON'T WANT TO BE IT

105859-malygos-malygos-in-the-nexus-end-boss.jpg

I am obsessed with both the French language and dragonflies, so it made sense to translate "dragonfly" and use it as my name. I also just think it's one of those French words that's just so much fun to say.

Online game.
Name of characters from touhou or other games I like are all taken.
Try "Iron Tager" from Blazblue. Its taken.
Try Magna tech wheel, a move from Tager. Its too long.
Try combinations between the words "Magna", "Tech" and "Wheel". Noone feel right.
Try Terrabreak, a move that follows Magna tech wheel. It works.
Fin.

Iniquity has been one of the few "usernames" I've used for at least ten+ years. Usually Ms. Iniquity, or Incursive Iniquity, depending on the availability. It's nice when I'm able to just use "Iniquity".

My name in everything has been Yonsisac....and to this day i don't know how i came up with it...like i invented it when i was a young kid when i got my first xbox 360...juts...made it and yet now i post i here i don't know HOW or WHY it is like it...I just like it because its catchy XD...but...how did it came to exit...illuminate perhaps?
02rKSVO.gif

"Strix" is a genus of owls and "Desmodus" is a genus of bats, specifically of vampire bats.
As for the Strix part, that's also vampire associated, just Google it- In ancient Rome, witches wre thought to turn into owl-like creatures and suck babies' blood. It's also where the word "Strigoi" comes from.

It came up on a random username generator, and I liked the sound of it. I didn't even know what a grouse was until then!

I chose my name, because all of my usernames so far have been flower related. SunsetRoses also just sounded cool, and I've been using it for the longest amount of time now.

During my last (irl) sports season, I wrote my name (Remy) down on a paper, but somebody misread it as "Berry". "Berry" got put on all of my paperwork for the season, so on brackets and weigh-in sheets my name was always Berry. It became an inside joke for the team and I kept it heh.

I guess it kind of worked out in my favor, I'm a female wrestler so kids probably saw my name on the brackets and thought I was a dude but I got the sneak attack in on them when I showed up with my boobs. Poor frightened teenaged boys.

My name is just a shortened version of a pseudonym I go by online, Artymus Cove, so that people I know irl would have a hard time finding me on social media, especially family. I came up with it randomly, like one day I went "Oh what roman/greek god/goddess has the coolest name?" and then changed the spelling over time, and then added Cove because when I was in highschool, I helped a friend on his video on "Candle Cove", a creepypasta, and it was my first "voice acting gig" (voice acting in loose terms). The video was never released, but recording it was fun.

My name is also a shortened pseudonym xD

The name I go by online is Emery Sinklair. I came up with the name Emersa while playing KOTOR, and eventually it morphed into Emery, haha. As for the more important part, Sinklair, it's actually from the Undead and Unwed series. The love interest's name is Eric Sinclair, but the main character makes fun of him by calling him Sink Lair.

And that's how I got my name!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back