Other Why did you choose your avatar?

Wanted it to be personal, unique. So I used a picture I took of me a few years back. Why did I dress up like that? Primarily because I'm an idiot.

This one is part of a larger picture and commissioned by an amazing artist. It's of an old character shifter of mine that's a Corax.

My current avatar, which is a deer-in-headlights looking Persephone from Lore Olympus, I choose because, after the season finale of Lore Olympus, I relate to Persephone waaaaaaaaay too darn much.

I had always been interested in Perse's myth ever since I was a little girl, and I'm ashamed to say that before Lore Olympus I didn't realize what Persephone actually meant, or that she used to be called Kore.

Kore just means maiden... but Persephone means "bringer of death".

Now, at first, when I learned that I thought "Oh, well, you know, she technically is: Demeter brings forth winter when she leaves for the underworld, which kills off everything, so yeah!"

Then the season finale came.

NOPE.

She is called that for exactly why you would think one WOULD be called "bringer of death", and it has nothing to do with her mom's frost roflmao.

It struck a chord with me because I do believe she's genuinely a good person... And, sometimes good people do bad things. She clearly is sorry for it and wishes she never did that, and strives to improve and repent from that past action. Which, I think, makes her a good person in the end.

And if Perse can do those horrible things and still be a good person, I believe maybe I can be, too!

So, in short, I relate to her waaayyy too much which is why she is now my avatar! 😅 😰

Last edited:
Because everyone wants/loves a unicorn.

Also - nevermind, that's not appropriate in front of strangers, or children, or both.
^_^

I rp'ed the character once in one on site and the previous cassandra cain avatar I used kept confusing people since they had no idea who the character is.

I don't have many pictures that's "avatar-able", so I settled with the most decent one (in the category).

P.s. I remember downloading the picture because I planned on creating a small lamp for my art assignment and I loved those designs in my avatar.

A friend found it for me and said it reminded them of me and thus I use it. But also because I had a friend change the hair and jacket to have sunset or stars on it. The full pic of it is beautiful.

I love K-Pop and Kim Seokjin from BTS is one of the very few celebrities that I personally share a connection/understanding with. Plus, if no one knows, it's just an aesthetic picture of coffee, another one of my obsessions 😂

People have told me I look like Mulan. I think they're lying though. I just happen to also be Chinese.

It’s a picture I use as a face-claim for one of my prized characters, and also just a picture I happened to like (and wish I looked similar in real life haha)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back