Food Why did you choose to become vegan?

That lead to an Onision video, you bastard!

I fucking hate Onision!

YOU PEOPLE ARE CANCER! *screams like Alex Jones*

My ears...oooooh, my little ears... Like, I can handle screamo with a little preparation (like seeing the title or hearing notes build up), but that was a little too quick for me.

Vegetarianism is good. Veganism, on the other hand, not so good.

I had to go on a forced vegetarian diet for a week due to having to respect my grandfather's diet (asian funeral intricacies). Actually wasn't bad because asian vegeterian cooking is awesome (better than the wheatgrass crap) and their fake roast pork surprisingly tastes like barbequed roast pork.

However, I have problems with people who spout bullshit about 'humans not being designed to eat motherfucking meat'.

I've been a vegetarian since I was a kid because meat always grossed me out. I just never liked the taste and had an issue with the textures. I'm vegan now because my stomach doesn't handle dairy too well. I suppose I'm a half-assed vegan, because occasionally, I will have eggs.

Borkus Lazorus Borkus Lazorus I agree! The argument that humans aren't designed to eat meat is dumb as f. Have you seen our teeth? HELLO, we have canines for eating meat!! It's fine to make a choice but don't tell me that evolution designed me to eat BARK. Or if you do, show me a well-known, credible source that says so.

Humans are omnivorous meaning they're meant to consume both meats and vegetables as well as other food types for sustenance. The key here is balance and moderation and if some humans have problems abiding by that then they'll have health issues. Plain and simple.

It's more than science here, folks. It's common sense.

I respect the choice to want to "go vegan", however I am not personalky vegan.
I believe that due to the scientific structure of the human body, we are omnivores, therefore we should satisfy our evolutionary diet with both flesh and vegetation.

Also it has been proven that plants know when they are being eaten, therefore they are similar to animals, in the case of a vegan.

If I didnt have health issues that would require a lot of help from a nutritionist if I decided to drop meat from my diet I think I wouldnt mind going vegetarian, for now though I'll just go to the local pig when I move out and get a full time job for meat (they butcher their animals in a farm the old fashioned way and everything is free ranged for their animals if I remember correctly)

I respect the choice to want to "go vegan", however I am not personalky vegan.
I believe that due to the scientific structure of the human body, we are omnivores, therefore we should satisfy our evolutionary diet with both flesh and vegetation.

Also it has been proven that plants know when they are being eaten, therefore they are similar to animals, in the case of a vegan.
Mind citing your source on that. It's pretty interesting if it's true or theoretically so.

Never seen this topic before, but I wouldn't go vegan. To think I'd go the rest of my life without icecream, chocolate, and milk(DAIRY PRODUCTS). If it's a moral argument, well those animals would eat us in a heart beat if they could.

Plants don't have a complex endocrine and nervous system like animals that allow us to experience emotion. True, they can respond but not in a breath and depth of ways that animal can. Plants can react to stimuli but they can't experience pain on a level that humans can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back