Food Why did you choose to become vegan?

Not me but I used to have a teacher who was vegan who talked about how she ate crepes every day...I got the impression that's all she ate...SO unhealthy.

The reason why I became a vegan is because when I was younger my teacher took my class to cattle industry for some reason and I saw how brutal the animals there were being treated and how the workers would cut into the dead animal body. It was a living nightmare for me because I love animals.

Well, I maaay be called an "evil psycho sociopath sadist person", but even after watching cows being executed ,I still got hungry, so I guess I'm ok?

I heard someone who was vegan (or vegetarian, I can't remember) talk about how he was vegan because the meat, egg and milk industry was not very efficient, economic or good for the environment. He explained to me if the energy and space we use growing feed for the animals, transporting the feed, raising the animals and eventually killing them was put into growing food people could actually eat, the world would have a lot more food. It would also be less harsh on the environment because the factory processing of all the meat would be nonexistent. Not sure how much weight his argument holds but I found it to be an incredibly interestimy reason.

As for myself, I have a very hard time keeping weight on myself. I tried to go vegetarian (I'm lactose intolerant so I can't eat dairy anyways) and couldn't keep my weight healthy.

I'm sorry that you have a bunch of people coming onto your post to joke and be rude towards you, first of all.

Secondly, I'm currently in recovery from an eating disorder and it's encouraged that I eat meat just to keep protein in my system, which I guess I'm okay with for now because I need to get better. After recovery, I'm planning on going vegetarian, and hopefully trying to stick to veganism. I love the environment, and I love animals, and on top of recycling and trying to keep my surroundings safe and clean I'm trying to reduce the harm I'm causing animals. The thought of chickens being bound or cows being cooped up inside for months on end being fed growth hormones makes me immensely upset.

I'm not vegan, I'm vegetarian, but I'll share my story anyways.

I saw a film/documentary called "Earthlings" and it showcased a lot of the conditions in slaughterhouses, and it disgusted me. So yeah. I don't eat meat now. Thinking about going full vegan one day, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back