Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Doesn't hafto be one specific place you pick a character

Video game?
Movie?
Book?
Comic?

Changes all the time, but right now I've been really into Ryo Asuka from Devilman. The manga/OVA version of him in particular

Video Game: Incineroar from Pokemon
Movie: Venom (Marvel)
Comic: Otake (By Takemoto)
Book: Magnus Bane (From Shadowhunters)

Last edited:
Video game?: Sam Fischer from 'Splinter Cell'.

I've never actually played Splinter Cell or any of its sequels, but I've watched my little brother play and beat them all. Sam is interesting because as the series progresses, he loses more and more of his sense of purpose, morality and arguably his humanity. And now the interesting part: As these personality traits of Sam's start to change, the series becomes less focused on stealth and sneakiness and more on action and epic firefights. The series, game to game, gets more violent as Sam himself loses the things that tie him to humanity. It's awesome. I don't know if it's intentional, but it's awesome.

Movie?: Malcom Reynolds from "Firefly" the series or "Serenity" the movie.

He's a smooth talking, hard as nails space cowboy. What's not to love?

Book?: Edmund Dantes from "The Count of Monte Cristo".

Edmund's is, and without a doubt in my mind, the very best story of cold-blooded revenge ever told. There is a movie (probably several) but it fucks up the ending really, really badly. The book is thick and full of politicking from the 1850s, so it's not at all relevant to people of today, and unless you're interested in historical drama you might find it tough to get through.

Comic?: Swamp Thing by Allan Moore.

I'm not a huge fan of comic books as a rule, but the work of Allan Moore is special (V for Vendetta, Watchmen, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen). His take on Swamp Thing is awesome. There are a lot of good stories he tells about the character, but one of my favourites and the one that sticks out in my mind the most is when Swamp Thing and his girlfriend Abigail (yep) have a sexytime and she eats a fruit that was growing off of him and she TRIPS BALLS because it's basically full of hallucinogenic stuff.

Game: Lloyd Irving from Soul Caliber.
Movie: Bugs Bunny from The Bugs Bunny / Road Runner Movie.
Book: I don't know.
Comic: Goku from the Dragon Ball manga by Akira Toriyama.

Video game?: Sam Fischer from 'Splinter Cell'.

I've never actually played Splinter Cell or any of its sequels, but I've watched my little brother play and beat them all. Sam is interesting because as the series progresses, he loses more and more of his sense of purpose, morality and arguably his humanity. And now the interesting part: As these personality traits of Sam's start to change, the series becomes less focused on stealth and sneakiness and more on action and epic firefights. The series, game to game, gets more violent as Sam himself loses the things that tie him to humanity. It's awesome. I don't know if it's intentional, but it's awesome.

Movie?: Malcom Reynolds from "Firefly" the series or "Serenity" the movie.

He's a smooth talking, hard as nails space cowboy. What's not to love?

Edmund's is, and without a doubt in my mind, the very best story of cold-blooded revenge ever told. There is a movie (probably several) but it fucks up the ending really, really badly. The book is thick and full of politicking from the 1850s, so it's not at all relevant to people of today, and unless you're interested in historical drama you might find it tough to get through.

Comic?: Swamp Thing by Allan Moore.

I'm not a huge fan of comic books as a rule, but the work of Allan Moore is special (V for Vendetta, Watchmen, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen). His take on Swamp Thing is awesome. There are a lot of good stories he tells about the character, but one of my favourites and the one that sticks out in my mind the most is when Swamp Thing and his girlfriend Abigail (yep) have a sexytime and she eats a fruit that was growing off of him and she TRIPS BALLS because it's basically full of hallucinogenic stuff.
I love Sam too, man! I really enjoyed his personality in the first three games. he's extremely jaded, but he knows what's right. My favorite moment of him is if you do an optional objective in Chaos Theory to rescue the pilots of a crashed jet. I think it's Lambert that says, "This never happened. You won't get any medals for this." And Sam just responds with a calm, "Medals won't help me sleep at night, Lambert."

Video Game: Agghhhhh this is hard. Stuck between these two:

Arthur Morgan from Red Dead Redemption 2

Geralt of Rivia, specifically from Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

I like them because they're anti heroes without being overly edgy assholes who constantly grumble about the greater good or vengeance. They're both just two guys who've seen the absolute worst the world has to offer and just want to make their way through it. Arthur struggles with his repressed morality and his own personal problems, while Geralt has to navigate impossible moral quandries as someone who has no personal stake in the situation and is just working for money. They feel much more grounded and relatable than pretty much any character I've seen in a game.

Movie: Jim Hawkins from Treasure Planet.
Not only my favorite Disney movie, but probably the best protagonist in one. Jim is a character I only relate more to as I get older. His desperate search for any kind of paternal figure in his life alongside his bitterness and self loathing honestly hit really hard for me.

Book: The Monster from "Frankenstein."
Honestly Frankenstein is a horrifically told story about playing God and existence. The Monster is both a villain and a victim, same with the book's protagonist Victor. He's both a horrific monster and a tragic figure. His first memory was his own creator attempting to kill him. I can't even fathom the utter horror of that situation, and can't really blame his attitude following it.

Comic: Depends on your definition. If it's just Western comics, Dick Grayson/Nightwing. If it's any sort of comic, then Guts from Berserk.
Can't really explain why I like Nightwing. I just think he's cool and has a very interesting dynamic with Batman. Guts on the other hand, is one of the best characters in ficiton, in my opinion. He's not a good, he's not evil, Guts is Guts. People rarely do the right thing, but they often don't do the wrong thing either. Guts is the embodiment of this. He just survives. He just wants to find meaning in his life after he's lost it over and over again. It's honestly amazing watching all the machismo and bravado melt away until you see he's just a really broken person who wants to have a place to belong.

game : azwel from soulcalibur 6. i absolutely love everything he has going for him, and i actually really enjoyed his addition to the series. he gets a lot of hate for being a new character and changing the flow of the battlefield, but by gods is he absolutely amazing and thought out. he’s beautiful. he’s snarky and makes every plan with precision, and him betraying the organisation was so absolutely perfect. a strong organisation crumbling due to one of its highest ranks deciding he just had enough of it, considering he was using them all along. i absolutely enjoy the dynamic of a character making their rank up, and even if not a lot of characters trust them, they can’t quite do anything about it since nothing had quite gone wrong yet. then, boom! hell breaks loose! the choice of voice acting was superb in capturing the tone of voice you’d expect from such a boisterous villain and i just think it’s absolutely neat. the sheer thought of him makes me happy.

as for movies n stuff, i’m not actually sure, lol

Out of curiosity have you ever seen any of the theater/musical adaptations of Count of Monte Cristo? And if so, how do you feel about them?

Video Game: Abathur from Starcraft II. I love his design, I love the his role as a master of evolution that mutates your troops, I love his way of thinking and even the way he talks. Conjunctions, inefficient. Use, unnecessary.

Anime / Movie: Oshino Shinobu. She's my favorite character period. She's a character that can seamlessly blend being badass, mysterious, funny, adorable, wise, childish, mature, prideful, scary, among other things many of which might seem contradictions but on her character just work without even feeling out of place. Her backstory is fascinating and her choices and roles within the story of Monogatari (Which if I'm not mistaken also means story of japanese so I guess that's a turn of phrase or something haha) all could be quite subject to a fair amount of analysis that wouldn't be unwarranted.

Either Hellboy in the comics or Guts from Berserk. They're both angry, have seen a lot, and are sick of everyones shit. Their stories aren't too different either as both of their arcs deal with the concept of fate and fighting the inevitable. For Guts it's the mark of sacrifice, and for Hellboy it's his prophecy. They both overcome their morbid destinies by being extremely stubborn. I love seeing Eastern and Western storytelling bounce off of eachother like that.

Or maybe i just have a thing for DILFS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back