Experiences Who's been your favorite character to RP as?

littlemslady

Mozzarella Stick Enjoyer
The question is as stated; who has been your absolute favorite character to RP as, whether it be a canon character, an original character, anything!

For me, my favorite to RP as has been my original character, Skylar. There's so much opportunity with her and her abilities.

Hmm…. It’s been a few years but I had a original character set in the Dragon Age universe of Thedas named Isidore (I’m blanking on the rest of his name…. Sad and shameful on me) But he was a blast and had so much development and plans to fit his character going forward from where he was left. I’d probably have to consider current characters more though to decide on the present… I had one recently or semi recent that was kinda like Isi I guess, but set in another completely different fandom but sadly that Rp might be dead by the looks of it.

Other current characters are tbd upon more play and thought on the current day and used character favorite.

Id say that one of my absolute favorite characters that I've rped was an OC on a forum where the entire forum was different sections of the city (And later other locations within the world). Here's the Cliff Notes version of events.

He was Miinar, a dark elf warrior who along with his twin sister had been imbued with demonic magic by their parents to help give them an edge in the world. Miinar had been given incredible strength and constitution, while his sister was given fast speed and dexterity. Of course, the demon in exchange, took their parents life and they spent the rest of their childhood until adulthood on the run from a cult that wanted to harness their powers.

While taking refuge in a city, his sister was kidnapped, with the kidnappers leaving only a golden coin with a symbol on one side.

After the useless town guard refused to help, he joined up with a powerful mercenary group in order to earn enough coin to help him locate his sister. After many adventures, including many a machination within the city from corrupt nobles or turncoat guards, with the help of his mercenary friends and others, he managed to take down the cult and free his sister, but not before she had major psychological issues from not only being captured, but from the terrible deeds they forced her to commit, including killing a minor NPC that was a love interest of another character in the city.

Fast forward some time and Miinar ends up falling for a Moon Elf thief after trying and failing to stop her from stealing jewels at a noble's party. After a few chance encounters throughout the city in various capacities, he rescues her from a serial killer that was keeping her in his basement and going to harvest her moon magic.

Shortly after that, a magic hating human empire showed in in Steampowered Airships and due to mishandling of negotiations on both sides (The Council of the City which was made up of 3 humans and 4 other races) and the Steam Empire which had negotiations being handled by the Leader of a group of Dreamcatcher Inquisitors, fighting broke out in the city. Some fought, while others fled.

Miinar took his sister and girlfriend and fled the city, fighting his way out as the massive battle surged around them.

In the end, the city fell, but Miinar managed to get his group to an Elven Nation after a long and arduous journey.

He opened up a bakery, willing to live a life of peace with his now pregnant wife, while his sister had her own machinations and wanted him all for herself like they had spent most of their lives together.

Unfortunately the story ended there as the forum fell apart during the time. But it was a wild ride and a lot of fun.

I have very very foggy but fond memories of when of my first roleplays when I was like a really young child. It's cringe yes, but I do remember quite enjoying this roleplay where I played one of the Koopa Kids/Koopalings from the Super Mario series. I was like in elementary school or middle school so spare me the making fun of lol. But I can't remember exactly how it went or what happened, but we were all a bunch of cringey little kids making a huge world full of adventure, I remember enjoying that little group I found and doing a Super Mario RP lol.

Sadly, a lot of the roleplays I've joined with her have fallen apart, but I really enjoy playing my OC, Minnie. I'm a sucker for dysfunctional parent and adopted child dynamics and she's really good for it. It's normally in an apocalypse setting, where the adult of the duo has been surviving on their own for a long time, whereas Minnie has just lost her group. She's young and relatively sheltered by her older sister, Haewon, only knowing the basics of survival, whereas the adult is a seasoned veteran in that area. They encounter Minnie and feel obligated to protect her and they form a bond that she missed out on with her own parents. She grows and improves, becoming a kickass little teenager and uncovering her backstory and the absence of her parents.
I play a lot of characters with attachment issues, and she's definitely the more clingy type rather than cold and untrusting. If anything, she trusts a little too quickly.
If you can't tell, I'm a fan of the Joel and Ellie, Lee and Clementine dynamics c:

I have very very foggy but fond memories of when of my first roleplays when I was like a really young child. It's cringe yes, but I do remember quite enjoying this roleplay where I played one of the Koopa Kids/Koopalings from the Super Mario series. I was like in elementary school or middle school so spare me the making fun of lol. But I can't remember exactly how it went or what happened, but we were all a bunch of cringey little kids making a huge world full of adventure, I remember enjoying that little group I found and doing a Super Mario RP lol.
Gonna sound strange, but have you heard of 'super paper mario'? The one where Count bleck is the villain?

This post brings back some good memories. I remember my best character was an OC from a campaign I joined a few years ago.

Naturally, I don't remember the campaign that well! Chalk it up to poor memory if you want, but that's not really important, what was important was that it was a medieval fantasy world focused on suberterfuge and the seedy criminal underworld of aristocratic nobles..... I'm rambling arent I?

Anyways! My character was called "Justin Case" and he sorta started off as a one-off that I planned to off later in the campaign. However, due to some crazy dice rolls and a surprisingly lenient DM, Justin managed to become one of the most feared assasins of all time.

Decked out in a rainbow-colored jester outfit (cause he was a clown, did I not mention that?), and armed with nothing but sarcastic and self-defeating quips, he managed to become the secret power behind the throne.

Good times.

First I would like to mention that my favorite character is not my first OC. My first OC was a Gary Sue version of myself that I discarded years ago since he too overpowered. It has only been in the last few months that I've thought about revisiting the character and revamping him for possible RP usage. First thing I did was give him a new name so he wouldn't have the same name as me and be obvious that this is a self insert character. My avatar is what I imagine he looks like. I digress though.

Out of my roster of original characters, I like Josh Nakayama the best. He has gone through revisions since I first originated the character at least ten years ago. He is a Japanese-American werewolf who played high school football.. I've participated in a handful of stories as him and over the years, I've developed a lore for the world the character lives in.

From canon characters, definitely Lan Xichen (MDZS). Maybe tied with Lan Wangji (MDZS) and Saito Hajime (Hakuouki).
All those were my longest running roleplays and they were very interesting and fun.

From OC, it was entrepreneur samurai who opened a tea house. Please don't ask. It was a parody rp that we created for the sake of making the most ridiculous rp. And that was why it was so fun. I'm still laughing when I think about this character shenanigans.

I have a lot of characters I enjoyed playing in the past. One that comes to mind was a slightly insane, talkative ex convict who was eccentric and amusing.

When it comes to canon characters I've enjoyed play both Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes. Particularly 2012 Avengers and Infinity War/Nomad Captain America and 1940s Bucky Barnes. Those boys are so near and dear to my heart. I've also started as Dick Grayson Robin/Nightwing and I'm loving him too so far.

For OCs I have an Agent Carter OC that I loved RPing with but I've moved onto new and more developed OCs as time has passed.

I think my most enjoyable character is Gion (inspired from Castlevania's Legion), he is a skeleton whose entire gimmick is being a 'lively undead'. He is obsessed with life and making as much friends as he can so he has no trouble fitting with other people, even the ones who is actively trying to kill him. His power set is usually necromancy focused on bone manipulation, which allows him to pull some looney stunts like juggling his own skull or go badass and transform himself into a 100-meter hallucigenia monster made of bones.

Probably as chaotic characters, with deep, horrible backgrounds. One I really enjoyed to roleplay as was a character known as Gareth Seeyara, who was entitled to justice and bravery, (Similar to Sayaka Miki from Madoka Magica), and he eventually fell to despair and realized that all he had done was cause misery to people who truly were good people, who just had committed wrong deeds.​

Edward Elric from fma’s brotherhood I feel like he’s me and fun to write in rps.

Hm...
Honestly, I put so much thought and effort into every single one of my OC's so it would be hard for me to choose one that was my top favorite. So they would be tied, in my opinion, lol.
As for canon characters though, I definitely enjoyed writing as Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho, Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead (I'm writing him currently with one of my RP partners and he is a BLAST to write), and Shogo Makishima from Psycho-Pass. Makishima was tricky to get into the mindset of, but that's what made it so much fun for me. There are others too, but those three are the ones that stick out the most in my memory.~ ^.^

Fandom: Spider-Man and Inuyasha.

Original: Several years ago, on a different forum, I had this character named Dante. He was 13-14 year old me's shameless power fantasy character. A ridiculously overpowered Doctor Doom/Gilgamesh expy and playing him was a blast. I'm much more conscientious about the OCs I create now, but those were fun times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back