• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Wholesome - WUATHW spin-off - [SHUT DOWN]

Andeervich

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Situation Outside 6:45 PM
Location Apartment Complex, at the entrance
Mood A little touseled
Mention sakura_ sakura_
63ef1ca68c057e1ca84095aac294d52c.jpg
After putting the boxes into the recycling area, Archer was on his way back to his apartment. He needed to get out of these filthy clothes — he was still in his mint-green scrubs and white lab coat from work — and they had worked all over them. Usually, the man was good about taking a shower and changing right after work but Anna called. That was a distraction and he got off from his regular path or process, but he was right back on it. The thought of being clean and having clean clothes on made his skin crawl in a satisfying way — clean and comfy. What a thought.

Stretching before heading towards the front door, he felt his hair tie pinching. It wasn’t his. He wore scrunchies because regular hair ties would break in his hair. Today was an off day for Archer and he had to borrow a hair tie from a fellow nurse. She always carried extra and she gave him a dark green one because she thought it would match his hair and eyes. Why was he off today? Nothing has really happened in the past two weeks, nothing exciting or devastating. Maybe he was tired? Exhausted even. He really did need a few days off and he wasn’t allowing himself any rest.

In his thoughts of being distracted by the hair tie bothering him along with wondering why he was in such a mood, he almost ran into someone that was carrying boxes. Hearing one slip and fall on the ground, he quickly forced a smile to show that everything was alright before bending down to grab it, “
I’m terribly sorry…” he gently spoke while picking up the one box. “I didn’t mean to run into you.” He wasn’t sure if he ran into them or if their boxes knocked on the door or wall, but he was holding the door open for the stranger.

This was when his eyes were able to focus on a shorter and smaller-statured young woman, with dark hair and pale skin. Taking in the qualities of her face, he did not recognize her. Archer couldn’t assume that she was new either, because he has only lived in the complex for about three months and had barely been home to truly socialize with anyone. He didn’t want to be wrong about her being new to the building or not either, but he knew that he could casually say something like, “
I do not think I have seen you around before,” this was neutral territory for the both of them.

Then his thoughts came to his mind, intrusive thoughts, she’s going to think you killed someone... Have you killed someone? I think I have. No… No, I have not. You’re in scrubs, she probably can tell you work in the medical field. Hopefully a good person in the medical field. Wouldn’t want to be a bad person in the medical field. Dammit, Archer stop thinking…, sometimes he hated how his mind worked — it was literally everywhere. He would think too much about little situations sometimes. At this moment, he was probably staring and looking dumb. It wasn’t that he worried about first impressions or people liking him. He wasn’t anxious or even that nervous about meeting a new face, but he was in bloody scrubs. Something that could make anyone uncomfortable.

You think too much into things. People do not think you are a serial killer because you are dressed in scrubs and they happen to have blood on them. Most people will realize you work in the medical field. Maybe he was somewhat anti-social even if he was confident and pretty social most of the time. Or maybe his own thoughts hated him — who knew?

hana.

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Novo Amor

State Lines

Hana glanced around her apartment, taking in what she'd so far managed to set up before her gaze finally landed on the mess that was supposed to be her new desk. Currently in pieces because the IKEA instructions made pretty much no sense to her, she'd decided to take a break and bring her emptied and flattened boxes out to the recycling. Where that was, she had no idea but she was pretty sure she'd seen someone earlier in the day taking things outside. She sighed, sliding her key into her back pocket as she shut her apartment door behind her and headed for the elevator. Barely able to see past her stack of boxes, she bumped into the doorknob of her own apartment and the elevator door on her way, apologising to the inanimate objects each time.

Exiting the elevator on the ground floor, Hana made her way uncertainly towards the front door. She hadn't seen a sign to point her in the direction of the recycling bins so she hoped that there would be one somewhere outside to follow. As she pushed open the front door and stepped out, one of the boxes caught on the handle and nudged itself out of her grasp falling to the floor, about to apologise to this new inanimate object Hana paused as she heard a new voice. Tearing her eyes from the door handle she'd just attacked to the speaker, she found herself looking up to a significantly taller man and a smile instantly jumped to her features.

"Oh no it's not your fault! I have a knack for running into things with these."
She rushed to cut off his apology with a soft laugh.
"I just moved in. My name is Hana Park, it's lovely to meet you!"
She beamed, giving a slight, polite bow - as much as she could manage with the boxes in hand. She quickly gave the new face a look over and noted he was wearing what looked to be scrubs, a doctor or nurse perhaps? she thought, before returning her gaze to his,
"You wouldn't happen to know where the recycling goes would you? I'm still trying to find my way around this place."

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Situation Interacting with Hana, 6:45 - 7 PM
Location Outside Apartment complex
Mood Content
Mention sakura_ sakura_
Archer was unaware that the young woman in front of him had a hard time navigating the building with a handful of boxes, but he wouldn’t be surprised if she did. He did. Plus, she had quite a few boxes and her hands looked full. Keeping a warm smile on his expression, he chuckled at the comment, “
I understand. Boxes tend to be bulky.” He would be lying if he didn’t say that he accidentally scraped a wall or knocked into something when he was carrying boxes, especially a lot of them.

The pleasure is all mine, Miss Parks.” She seemed excited, Archer was getting a very optimistic or positive vibe from this individual. It made him smile a little more. “I’m Archer Graham, but you can call me Archer.” He was naturally informal with the majority of people he interacted with. Working between 10.5 and 16-hour days — he heard Doctor Graham or Graham or his last name in different versions way too much.

When she went to bow, his eyes kept on her because he thought she was going to drop more boxes when she proceeded to do this action. Putting out his hand slightly, just in case. On the thought, Archer would have shaken her hand upon introduction, but her hands were full so that was out of the question. She would definitely drop boxes if he went for that. “
I happen to be coming back from the recycling, let me help you,” Archer gently took a couple of boxes from Hana, so she wasn’t carrying all of them and could possibly have an easier time navigating around.

I think you will find that it gets easier with time on navigating this place and most people are friendly here,” Archer has only been here for around 3 months, but he would describe the apartment complex as friendly.

Holding the door till Hana would exit it, he let it go and stepped back onto the pathway, “
If you take a right out this front door and follow the sidewalk, you will run right into the dumpsters outside and the recycling is right by that, but I will take you there,” Archer did not mind showing people where things were exactly, he always thought it was better than pointing them into a direction. He began to walk over to the recycling.

hana

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

novo amor

state lines

Archer. Hana rolled his name around in her mind for a moment, committing it to memory.
"Oh! Thank you so much! And please, call me Hana."
she replied, surprised, as he relieved her of some of the box pile. How incredible it was to be able to see in front of her again! She mentally thanked the apartment complex owner's for having a working elevator - she'd hate to try climb stairs with a stack like that, in fact she was sure it'd be less climbing more tumbling. Although, now thinking about the elevator she thought about her apartment and the pieces of her desk scattered across a portion of the floorspace. Maybe I can work without a desk? Yeah.. yeah that can just.. stay there.

Clocking back in to Archer as he spoke again, Hana flashed him another bright smile.
"Lucky me! I would've been searching for the rest of the night if you hadn't been here."
she said with a laugh as she moved out of the doorway, falling into step beside the taller man.
"How long have you lived here for, if you don't mind me asking of course?"
she asked, then quickly hit him with a follow up question before he could reply,
"How long have you been in this city? It's very different from home but I like it here!"
Forcing herself to stop talking despite the growing number of questions she had for her new companion she shifted the boxes in her grasp in an attempt to get a better grip on them.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
Situation Interacting with Hana
Mood Happy
Mention sakura_ sakura_
Hana… Depending on where you were in the world the name could symbolize a variety of different things — flower, number one, give out love, happiness — they were all beautiful and positive symbols. “I’ll keep that in mind, Hana.” Naturally, he would call everyone by their last names and titles, it was a habit from when he was a child. A habit from his working environment. A habit that would probably stick with him till the end of days and he enjoyed people giving him an informal corrections.

Archer couldn’t help the light laugh that left his lips, “
I think you would have found it even without my help,” he laughed a little more at the thought. Something about her was appearing innocent or almost childish. Maybe he wasn’t used to such a positive or happy individual? He wasn’t surrounded by those types of people. He worked in a hospital and most people in the hospital were serious or negative in presence. A normal vibe for a hospital. Sad and negative.

Glancing down at Hana, her question made him dwell on the realization that he still hasn’t unpacked after months of living here. “
I’ve been here for about three months, give or take.” Why did these words cause him to internally sigh and judge himself? Sometimes pride could overtake the littlest of mistakes; he needed to unpack and organize his apartment.

I’ve been in the city and the apartment for about three months and I would agree, it is extremely different from my home as well,” now he was curious about where she grew up. Was she American? Was she from an Asian country? Did she come from a small town or a large city? All these thoughts started coming to mind and he knew that he couldn’t badger her with them all, so he smiled, “Where did you come from?” It was a silence breaker and he was enjoying the simplistic conversation they were having so far, he wanted it to continue.

Stopping before they would turn to the bins, he noticed that she needed to readjust the boxes to get a better grip on them, “
Would you like me to carry those?” Archer did not mind carrying all the boxes if it was easier for her.

hana

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Novo Amor

State Lines

"Good!"
Hana smiled broadly,
"Maybe, but I think it would've taken way longer than it should have."
she laughed.

Three months? That's not long at all. Her curiosity peaked, and she reigned it in for a moment to talk about her hometown.
"Oh! I'm from Korea. Seoul to be exact, it's huge and there's so many people everywhere there that it was kinda hard to adjust to how quiet it is in comparison here. My parents still live there.. and my brother."
Her brows furrowed slightly, thinking about her brother. She missed talking to him. He wasn't allowed much outside contact whilst serving, he hadn't even had a chance to get away for Seollal.
"I went and saw them recently for our version of New Years. Every time I go there and come back it takes time for me to.. adjust to American customs."
Maybe they had similar stories? It'd be nice to talk to someone who understood how much she missed home and her family whilst still enjoying their current life.

Adjusting the boxes in her grasp once more she shook her head,
"Oh no it's fine! You've done enough for me as it is. What about you? Three months isn't a lot of time where were you before here?"

♡coded by uxie♡

Mood Happy
Mention sakura_ sakura_
Archer chuckled with a smile at Hana’s comment, “
It happens. I’ve done it before.” He spoke with honesty, he was someone that has spent too long searching for different things in this specific apartment complex. He would be lying if he said that he found the recycling bins right away after moving in. If they really got to talking about the apartment — Archer was completely oblivious that there was an elevator. He always took the stairs.

Seoul, Korea. The young man seemed to tune in when she began to allow little descriptions of her city to come to light. How it was difficult to adjust to differences and missing the family. He could tell she did with her tone and facial expression. Archer understood. When she brought up her family, he began to think of his — Ari and Anna. His two younger sisters that he hasn’t been able to go visit in about a decade. Throughout his time moving, he has had to adjust to different environments. “
There are always adjustment periods when you move, no matter what, and family is something that always stays on your mind.” His family always stayed on his, maybe too much.
After completing his undergraduate studies, Archer hasn’t been home to visit his younger sisters and that was about a decade ago or maybe a decade now. Very close, either way. He decided to move away after his undergraduate studies and he went to the U.K. for the master's program and internships. From there, he was accepted into a doctorate program in the United States and moved for opportunities. Placing himself in New York till he completed his doctorate and residency before moving to where he was now, North Carolina.

Are you enjoying your time here?” Archer might have over-analyzed or taken her sentence more negatively than intended, but Hana’s last few words in that statement made him feel like she might have been homesick or not enjoying herself as much as she thought. If he was speaking the truth, Archer hated it for the first six months when he came over. The food was different. There were fast food options. None of the companies were the same. He couldn’t get anything that tasted like home and it was frustrating to a point. He went through major homesickness for the first handful of months.

Archer seemed to smile a little more before relaxing their expression when Hana asked about the three months and where he was before here. “
Before this, I was completing my residency, doctorate program, and internship at a hospital in New York. Before that, I was in the U.K. for my master's degree and before that, I was back home in Scotland. I’ve been around the block or two, you could say.” This was when they arrived at the recycling and he slid the boxes into the giant bin for cardboard recycling.
I moved here because of the job offer, the opportunity along with the money was a hard thing to say no to.” If he had opportunities like that back home — he would have been on a flight to Scotland by now, but he needed to pay off all of his debts first. Archer stepped out of the way so Hana could discard her boxes as well, “Do you plan on staying here for long?” In all honesty, he didn’t know how long he wanted to stay in America or in this state. He was completely unsure of his future plans yet he was curious about others' plans.

hana

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Novo Amor

State Lines

Hana nodded along in agreement, homesickness was something she knew she would experience when she left Korea. She loved Seoul with all her heart. She just hadn't realised just how much it would affect her, some days she couldn't have been bothered to study or work on client projects after she graduated. When she first moved, she was unaware of just how culturally different America was and often caught people looking at her strangely for what would be considered normal back home. Every time she'd get used to the American way she would visit her family and forget everything she'd learnt upon her return.

"For now, I think so. Maybe one day once I've developed my artistic style some I wouldn't mind going back home. So long as I'm able to make my parents proud of allowing me to follow what I wanted."
Hana said, a soft smile gracing her lips despite the inner turmoil she felt at the possibility of disappointing her family. As she allowed Archer's prior words to sink in, her eyes widened in awe,
"Wait! You're a doctor?"
she asked, looking up at him,
"That's incredible! Do you enjoy it?"
her questions flowed as she tossed the boxes into the recycling bin as quickly as he could.
"You've moved around so much! What was your favourite place? Would you want to practice somewhere else?"

♡coded by uxie♡

Mood Happy
Mention sakura_ sakura_

1678251503766.png
When Hana brought up developing her artistic style, he instantly had assumptions pop into his head — she was either a hobbyist artist or she was following a career in art. What type of art did she do? He wasn’t the best artist himself, but he could sketch some, some halfway decent works. He would have never gone for a career in art though.
By the time these questions were becoming conscious thoughts, Hana was already asking him questions about his career path — doctor. “
Yes,” he chuckled slightly and subconsciously looked down at himself. For some reason, he had to check if he was still wearing scrubs or not and he was. Then he thought about it, did she not notice the scrubs before? It’s nowhere near Halloween — would she even know what Halloween was or celebrate it at all? Maybe she thought you were just a guy that really liked wearing scrubs? he thought to himself before he answered her other questions.

Rubbing the back of his neck, he had to think about that for a second. Did he move a lot? He didn’t think so, but she was pointing it out now. What was his favorite place? Probably home — no that is a cop-out answer. Very biased too. Archer seemed to think for a minute and a creeping feeling of insecurity was crawling through his body before he cleared his throat and it all went away, “
I really have never thought about my favorite place. I really love it back home, in all honesty.” This made him miss home a little more than he already did. It made him focus on the thought of home…

Practice somewhere else?” That was a good question and he totally would. He didn’t plan on staying in the states forever and hoped that he could go back east, but he wasn’t sure about any of those plans. “I was here for education, now I am here for work. I’m pretty much here for the money and then after that, I wouldn’t mind going anywhere to practice, in all honesty,” Archer had a few different places that he wanted to live or visit for a while. None of this was thought about heavily or really considered, so he felt like he was almost at a loss for words or didn’t have much to say on this topic.

Not wanting to say he flat out didn’t have much to say on that last question, he continued with his own, “
What about you? You seem really family oriented along with an artistic career path?” This open-ended question, so he could figure out if she was just a hobbyist with artistic development or if she was pursuing a career in it. “Is there any particular reason you choose this area to move to?” Archer began to slowly make his way back to the apartment complex. He didn’t want to stop talking to Hana, but he wanted to change out of these scrubs — he felt dirty. He usually didn’t leave his work clothes on this long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back