Other "Who Would Win in a Fight?" RPN Mini-Community

Who Would Win in this Matchup?

• Superman (Pre-Crisis)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Goku (Super Saiyan 1, 2, 3, God, and Blue all allowed)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • & Knuckles

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • IIN WEST PHILADELPHIA, BORN AND RAISED

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters

Count Gensokyo

Super Smash Bros. Melee is a Fair & Balanced Game
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Since the dawn of nerdkind, one question has always existed:

"Who would win in a fight?"

IMG_4455.JPG

"But Captain Gensokyo, doesn't the writer just choose who he/she wants to win since they're the one in control of the story?"

Well, reader, let's see what Stan Lee has to say about it in this quick informative video.

Well, I guess that fact still stands then.

But!
Let's assume that there's no plot driving the events along or favoring one character to win over another. Both character are fighting in real time, with no plot armor. In this hypothetical fight, which character has the edge in raw power, durability, speed, intelligence, and special abilities? This is what vs. debating is all about.

TL,DR
Hopefully, some of you reading this are at least mildly interested in the topic of "vs. debating". If enough people get interested, I'm proposing the idea of creating some sort of community here on RPN (whether that be through a Hosted Project or otherwise) for creating profiles of your favorite characters and putting them in interesting matchups against other characters in order to find out who would most likely win in a fight between the two.

This is just an 'interest check' (not sure what section I should have put it in lol), so if enough people got interested, I'd get into the nitty-gritty of explaining on a case-by-case basis about how to find out how strong characters are and so on. The whole idea is creating a community meant for casual, laid-back vs. debating.

maxresdefault.jpg

Skeet would win obviously.

Peasants. Everyone knows the creator and overlord of the PC Master Race would win.

4319704-4314324986-neA4O.png

He is Lord Gaben, blessed upholder of the Sales, powered by the tears of console peasants and gamers wishing for Half-Life 3. He is the one who will bring an end to peasantry and restore balance to the gaming community.

1. What version of Superman, Spider-Man, Goku, that guy from Keyblade or Darth Vader are we using?
2. Are they bloodlusted?
3. What are their objectives for this match-up? To kill each other or merely incapcitate one another.
4. Are we using low-end, mid-end or high-end feats?
5. What is the enviroment that they're battling in like?
6. What equipment do they have on hand?

And the rules up there form the basis for Vs Debating.

But seriously, what RPnation doesn't need is a VS Debating forum. This is a role-play forum. Vs-Debating would be in the form of Colloseum Matches. If we had annual VS-Debates or monthly, It would quickly devolve into a shit-mess of bad faith debating, bad citation skills, logical conundrums and troll posters within seconds.

1. What version of Superman, Spider-Man, Goku, that guy from Keyblade or Darth Vader are we using?
2. Are they bloodlusted?
3. What are their objectives for this match-up? To kill each other or merely incapcitate one another.
4. Are we using low-end, mid-end or high-end feats?
5. What is the enviroment that they're battling in like?
6. What equipment do they have on hand?

And the rules up there form the basis for Vs Debating.

But seriously, what RPnation doesn't need is a VS Debating forum. This is a role-play forum. Vs-Debating would be in the form of Colloseum Matches. If we had annual VS-Debates or monthly, It would quickly devolve into a shit-mess of bad faith debating, bad citation skills, logical conundrums and troll posters within seconds.

It's just a "cover picture" I used to add some visual flair.

I respect your opinion, but eh. People like that exist everywhere, not just here. I don't see any special problems arising because of something being made here. The whole idea of this is niche, anyway. HP's allow for great freedom on the creator(s') part after all, so people who don't follow the rules and keep violating them can be kicked out at will. I've been in this business for almost half a year now, so it's not like I just got into it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back