TV & Film Who watched Rise 🐢? (No movie spoilers plz)

Mangos

Doughnut Boy
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Just looking for people who watched Rise of the TMNT. Post a picture, write a comment whatever. How many people will respond?
733741cffdc92cf3eefc97fa4501ec56.jpg

I am introduced to the series through the movie, I only watched Rise of TNMT movie and some snippets of the series so far and I absolutely love everything I see (I have no prior experience with the TNMT franchise before Rise).
The art style is so gorgeous and stylish, the brothers and their lovely personalities really shine through, and their dynamics are all so fun and heartwarming. The main gang is just so entertaining to watch. 🐢🐢🐢🐢
1663761365161.png

810de1dbeb86e16c5c373281d6003a40.gif
If you're one of those people who aren't sure about the series, watch season 1 episode 37.

So...I watched the whole series in like a few days in one go, the humour, the setting, and the characters are all so well thought out, it's a shame that they have to cram everything like that in the finale since they can't continue the series, I think the reason might be failing to find and sustain a target audience? Idk. Tbh I can easily see the story being completely independent of the title of tnmt, which might harm audiences' expectations I guess, but that's exactly the reason why I enjoy Rise so much.

A lot of people dislike the fact that Splinter was made the way he is in this reimagining, but poor guy, I think the way his character is is very intentional, that decision is definitely not just for comic relieve, although he might seem a little unlikeable for people who didn't follow the story to the end, now all the negative remarks on him just feels a little unfair to the character, haha.

And oh god, the vulnerabilities & motivation of the characters are all handled very well as well, constantly reminding us that the brothers are not just 'heroes' and more 'teenagers'. The brothers are absolutely unapologetic about how much they love their family and how cheesy they can be, they are never 'too cool' to show their emotions (even Donnie, when he is able to feel something), I absolutely love it.

I knew I was going to like it before I watch it, but wow. I can really see that there are a lot of thoughts and love behind each character, very enjoyable watch!
1664890757270.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back