Other Who wants to make friends on this website?

bubblefly

the milk of human kindness
I haven't made a lot of friends on this website, I'd say one, maybe two. But I think that some people focus so much on RPing, they completely ignore the opportunity to make friends. I'd love to make more friends on this website and connect on external websites, but so far it's only been through discord.

When I started on the website, I was really about just RPing on here. I get it, it’s an RP website, and that’s the dedicated purpose of it. Some are only interested in it staying that way. And another thing I think is the reason why some people don’t really tend to try to make friends on here is partially due to the fact that there’s is a lot of people on here who want to be anonymous, as this is kind of their second life. And I get it. To some degree, I’m somewhat that way. If I become good enough friends with someone on here, I’ll talk to them on something like Snapchat. But a lot of people want to just be anonymous.

A lot people also don’t know that there is a whole part of the website dedicated for the community to talk and potentially make friends. I honestly didn’t ever go to General forum for awhile. I was mainly focused on my RP group at the time. But now, I talk to a lot people on here and try making friends

(If this doesn’t make sense, I was a bit distracted while typing it 😂 Sorry about that)

I'd love to be friends! I agree with what Peacemaker .45 said regarding the fact that people value anonymity and often come on here solely to roleplay, but I believe that writing is always so much more fun when you have a connection with the other person! Anyhow, send a PM anytime you want. I'm always down to meet new people and chat. :-)

For some reason, when I read the title of this thread I thought it was asking “who dafuq ‘actually’ wants to be friends on this site?” lol :P

Am I the only one...? Yes? No? Ok.

I’ve made close friends from other forums before, but not this one. Not sure why. Perhaps it’s because I don’t RP much anymore. Time constraints.

I also want to make friends on this website but unfortunately that probably is not gonna happen. People visit RPNation to roleplay and many of them are not even serious about roleplaying in general.

But the same goes for other sites. I seriously doubt that anyone has ever made a long lasting friendship while using roleplaying forums such as this one. Serious friendships require a lot of emotional investment and the user of rp sites prefer having casual chit-chat buddies. The fear of disappointment is also a key factor for this situation.

Anyway......friendships is dead even in real life so trying to find friends online is almost impossible.People might crave social interaction but honestly I think that the Internet made people more lonely than ever before.

But the same goes for other sites. I seriously doubt that anyone has ever made a long lasting friendship while using roleplaying forums such as this one.
Well, you can stop doubting, cause many in this site have. And so have I. People who stuck with us through thick and thin, some not even from roleplaying, just hanging out and chatting.

Off the top of my head, The Mechanist The Mechanist Daisie Daisie Melpomene Melpomene are a few quick examples of dear friends of mine who I've made here on the site.

So fear not, there's quite a chance and hope for you as well!

Ah, but you see, on a Roleplaying site, you Roleplay to make friends. They are not seperate concepts in the slightest.

Then you roleplay with your newfound friends again.

I *HAVE* made friends through the site and it's been great. I've met two of the people I've RPed with and had really positive experiences.

Yeah same.

Let’s start.

How are you?

I'm alright at the moment, I'm actually pretty ill at the moment though, but I'm getting better. How are you??

When I started on the website, I was really about just RPing on here. I get it, it’s an RP website, and that’s the dedicated purpose of it. Some are only interested in it staying that way. And another thing I think is the reason why some people don’t really tend to try to make friends on here is partially due to the fact that there’s is a lot of people on here who want to be anonymous, as this is kind of their second life. And I get it. To some degree, I’m somewhat that way. If I become good enough friends with someone on here, I’ll talk to them on something like Snapchat. But a lot of people want to just be anonymous.

A lot people also don’t know that there is a whole part of the website dedicated for the community to talk and potentially make friends. I honestly didn’t ever go to General forum for awhile. I was mainly focused on my RP group at the time. But now, I talk to a lot people on here and try making friends

(If this doesn’t make sense, I was a bit distracted while typing it 😂 Sorry about that)

When I started, I was only interested in RPing and didn't really talk to anyone at all and staying away from the community, but after about a week, I spoke to one of my partners OOC and I actually really enjoyed it, so I wanted to see if I could embarrass myself in the general discussion and make friends that way 😂

I'd love to be friends! I agree with what Peacemaker .45 said regarding the fact that people value anonymity and often come on here solely to roleplay, but I believe that writing is always so much more fun when you have a connection with the other person! Anyhow, send a PM anytime you want. I'm always down to meet new people and chat. :-)

I love having the connection between someone while creating a story and RPing.

I try to make friends with everyone I come across on friendly terms here, so hey, you've got one friend in me (cue song?) !

I gotcha. :xFwink:

I also want to make friends on this website but unfortunately that probably is not gonna happen. People visit RPNation to roleplay and many of them are not even serious about roleplaying in general.

But the same goes for other sites. I seriously doubt that anyone has ever made a long lasting friendship while using roleplaying forums such as this one. Serious friendships require a lot of emotional investment and the user of rp sites prefer having casual chit-chat buddies. The fear of disappointment is also a key factor for this situation.

Anyway......friendships is dead even in real life so trying to find friends online is almost impossible.People might crave social interaction but honestly I think that the Internet made people more lonely than ever before.

I think if no one was searching for friendships on this website, there wouldn't be community threads and places you can learn about others and express yourself; it would just have segments for roleplaying and not interacting with other users.

I *HAVE* made friends through the site and it's been great. I've met two of the people I've RPed with and had really positive experiences.

Oh wow, that's awesome. I'm glad you found people like that and actually met them.

You can make friends here, you just gotta find the right one. I’ve been in many a role play here, but sometimes I find that right partner that I make a connection with, then I end up talking to them more than I role play. So you can find friends here, you just gotta find the people your compatible with.

I'm alright at the moment, I'm actually pretty ill at the moment though, but I'm getting better. How are you??
I’m good what do you enjoy? Games, Movied, Etc

When I started, I was only interested in RPing and didn't really talk to anyone at all and staying away from the community, but after about a week, I spoke to one of my partners OOC and I actually really enjoyed it, so I wanted to see if I could embarrass myself in the general discussion and make friends that way 😂

I love having the connection between someone while creating a story and RPing.

I gotcha. :xFwink:

You can make friends here, you just gotta find the right one. I’ve been in many a role play here, but sometimes I find that right partner that I make a connection with, then I end up talking to them more than I role play. So you can find friends here, you just gotta find the people your compatible with.
I second this. Making friends with people is all about a connection you make with them. However that connection is made can all vary, but some sort of connection is what establishes the foundation of any friendship. Most friends as of lately I’ve made on here were actually just from messing around in the profile posts section. We’d mess around there, and then we eventually got to talking.

I'm going to throw this out there for everyone reading this, if you're reading this it is too late, I'm already your friend, pm me all your issues and memes and I will help and respond with my own. This isn't optional, its mandatory.

Yo! Just want to say I'm living proof that you can make long lasting friends on here. I met my very best friend here 3 years ago, we've been joined at the hip ever since. We're practically sisters, and to be honest I think we'll be lifelong friends. If you wanna chat, throw me a PM! My private messages are always open to whoever wants to use them.

Yo! Just want to say I'm living proof that you can make long lasting friends on here. I met my very best friend here 3 years ago, we've been joined at the hip ever since. We're practically sisters, and to be honest I think we'll be lifelong friends. If you wanna chat, throw me a PM! My private messages are always open to whoever wants to use them.
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAISIE

I think my problem with not making as many friends as I'd like, is that I get so anxious about the most simply messages, even if I'm RPing with the person or not. Does anyone else feel that?

I think my problem with not making as many friends as I'd like, is that I get so anxious about the most simply messages, even if I'm RPing with the person or not. Does anyone else feel that?
Used too, but after a while I learned that the worst that can happen is they don't agree. If'n they stop talking to me because they disagree, well I dont suppose the two of us woulda made very good friends.

Used too, but after a while I learned that the worst that can happen is they don't agree. If'n they stop talking to me because they disagree, well I dont suppose the two of us woulda made very good friends.
I understand that, I just can't wrap my friend around being confident 😂

I understand that, I just can't wrap my friend around being confident 😂
I know you've probably heard this before, but the best antidote for anxiety is exposure and repetition! I'd recommend talking to a lot of people to get desensitized to chatting. Multiple conversations is good, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back