• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 𝕎𝕙𝕠 𝕦𝕤𝕖𝕕 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕙𝕠𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕣?-main

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

tramel.

• mood

pumped

"howdy."

"sí mamá, me dirijo a la azotea mientras hablamos. Tú y los demás deberían pasar después del truco o trato." Tramel placed his phone on the counter as he slipped on his authentic leather cowboy boots his abuelo bought for his birthday. "Vale... vale, sí, te hablo más tarde." Taking his hat from the counter and placing it on his head to were it was nice and snug, he looked in his full length mirror and smirked at his attire. "The hoes gon love this~" He smirked before hearing his mother repeat the word hoes in a confused tone. "No no no no mom it's a joke! It's a joke." He chuckled while listening to his mother curse him out in their native tongue. "Mom it was a joke I swear, look i'll see you when dad and the others arrive ok? Love you too." He tapped the hang up button before looking at himself in the mirror once more smirking. He saw his two felines walk over sniffing his boots before rubbing their faces on them, the scent glands making the leather as their territory. Shoeing them away from his boots he grabbed his keys and smartphone, not before snapping a few instagram worth pictures of himself. Making sure his cats were situated, he closed his apartment door heading towards the rooftop party.

Upon walking through the metal door, he was greeted with smiling faces, decorations that could put any haunted house to shame and the bustle of the music vibrating through his soul. Smiling back he greeted all the familiar faces he could recognize in the crowd. He received compliments on his costume and vise versa before seeing his signature group of friend collected around the back of the large crowd of dancing adults.

cry for love

백현

♡coded by uxie♡

Mentions: Odette, Elenora

Nalani Emery was a man of class, he’d tell you. Going from middle-class prep school angel to fighting his way through the streets of the City with nothing but his cold brother’s handgun wouldn’t change that class. Class meant never wearing white bottoms and a black top. Class meant a sprig of mint in his gin and tonic. Class meant shoulders back, chin up, with a sneaky smile across his lips, regardless of circumstance. Most importantly, class meant never mixing cocaine with anything else. It was as blissful and exciting as it needed to be and adding anything to it would just spoil the delight.

In getting ready for the Halloween get together on the roof this evening, Nala lacked class. A fresh tattoo from a new neighbor earlier this morning was curing under its thin, plastic sheath. He peeled the plastic off preemptively. What was the point, if not to show it off? It was, after all, his new favorite.

Staring into the mirror he Command-Stripped to the back of his closet door, he confirmed his lacking class. White, tight jeans wearing thin in the knees and a tight black long sleeve and black high-top Vans met the red devil horns headband on his head with less clash than he’d expected. But he broke his own rule by wearing dark on light.

Whatever.

Probably the cocaine he had chased with a heavy inhalation of of his favorite bong. Favorite since last night. When he purchased it from a gentlemen huffing out of the glass in the back of the bar.

Nala pinned a pointed, red leathery tail to belt loop at the very middle of his back with a sigh, nursing a bottle of cheap potato vodka before grabbing his wallet and sliding his phone into his front right pocket.

Giving his hips a little wiggle to settle it into the tight pocket, he turned the doorknob to his bedroom and padded through the kitchen to the front door. The world was swirling in vibrance and color as he, sooner than he expected, popped out of the door onto the rooftop. Either he was moving terribly quickly or everything else was just a little slower than normal.

Nala made straight for the table full of drinks, finding his eyes widen slightly at Elenora’s costume as he realized he still held a small bottle of vodka in his hand. No need for the table after all. He wondered what other goodies he’d surprise himself with if he hunted through his pockets.

“You look great, Nora!” Nala called to her, perhaps too loud, perhaps not. He couldn’t tell and quite frankly didn’t care.

Not waiting for a response, he followed his twitching nose towards the ripe smell of weed. Odette! He loved Odette’s company and meandered in their direction, opening that bottle and taking an excellently large gulp out of it.

Amidea Lance

Ami had moved in maybe a week ago to unit number 237. After getting situated in their new bedroom and putting all their belongings away, they'd begun to go around and meet new neighbors. Most of the meetings were short affairs, Ami only able to get out a few words before becoming exhausted and ready to call it a day; speaking was not their forte. But in the process, they had been invited to the rooftop Halloween party and that seemed like a great idea complete with booze and food. If nothing, maybe they could scrounge up some new clients. So they donned a previous year's Halloween costume, complete with a bunny tail and some ears, and hit the stairs. Upon coming to the rooftop, they sheepishly made a beeline for the drinks and food and popped a bit of snacks in their mouth before grabbing a simple beer. Looking around they spotted some of the neighbors they'd gotten particularly friendly with and made their way over, popping the tab of the beer can. They spotted Tramel first and shyly ducked their head, giving a small smile and a tiny wave. They quickly gestured to his outfit and gave a thumbs up. It was a good costume.

2023 HERE WE COME!

"new year new me."

Time to ring in the new year and you know what that means! New year resolutions that will most likely be put off and forgotten about by the end of January. Also why does January feel like a whole year in itself? It takes so long to end like hurry up already! Anyway...Christmas has passed and all of our remaining tenant have spent time with family and friends, news of a soon to be daddy has been shared with the group along with the support in return. Today is just another cool and chilly day in North Carolina that is definitely resulting in fuzzy socks and warm attire. New year means new drama, new friends, new loving relationships and new additions to others lives. Happy new years everyone! And we hope just as the previous ones it is in your favor.

spooky scary skeletons

Andrew Stone

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

ice queen

minerva.

mood

annoyed

outfit

outfit

outside the apartments

interactions

none yet

tags

none yet

it had been a long, tiring day. it had actually been a pretty exhausting couple of weeks. with minerva having to pack up all of her belongings (which was already incredibly tiring already) and catch the red eye flight from california to north carolina. and it wasn't even her own choice, minnie never catches red eyes, she likes flying in the middle of the day; sitting first class, looking out the window to watch the clouds around them, and she doesn't have to deal with the bad flight attendant staff that they place on the evening/very early morning flights. however, the moving company that was going to be taking all of her stuff over to north carolina, to where she was going to be living, insisted that they had such a busy schedule, that they absolutely had to be at the apartment to let them in right at noon-time, because they have more deliveries to make later in the day.

so, against her will, minerva got up at 3 in the morning, gathered her belongings, tried to calmly wake up her mom, step dad and brother to say good-bye (she was doing good until maxwell decided to scream like a little girl), and hit the road. her flight was supposed to leave at 6am, the airport was thirty minutes away and her brother, who was dropping her off, was a terribly slow driver. he liked to say he was a safe driver, but minnie always said he was a bad driver. due to said "safe" driving, they arrived at the airport, right at 4am. minerva never liked to be late to flights, hence waking up so soon, but even with two hours before the plan took off, she felt rushed.

"okay max, come on, we don't have time to find the perfect drop off spot. just pull over real quick and i'll jump out."
her leg was bouncing, she had unbuckled her seatbelt the moment they turned into the airport, she hated the anxiety that came with getting checked into a flight. once you made it past security and you could wait by your gate, everything was all fine and dandy, but it was the getting there part that always stressed her out to no end.

"minnie, relax, please. you know when you get all worked up, i get all worked up, and that works out for absolutely no one. there's barely anybody here, i just want to pull up next to the door that'll be closest to your gate, okay?" max was always the one that knew exactly what to say to put minnie at ease. it may not always work, but it worked enough this time. she sat back more in her seat, leg still bouncing, but she appeared more relaxed.

finally, max pulled over and parked and minnie almost flew out of the door. she yelled over her shoulder for max to open the trunk, but there was really no need since he was already popping the trunk. hopping down from the curb, flung the trunk open and grabbed her two suitcases. she had them, with about a week or twos worth of clothes, toiletries, and basically all her other day to day necessities. then the shoulder bag she was currently wearing had her laptop, wallet, all charging necessities, headphones, water bottle & her favorite travelling stuffed animal wrapped on the shoulder strap. (it's a plush snowy owl, that has magnets in its wings, so they clasp together.

by the time max was out of the car, minerva already had her suitcases out and was closing the trunk. she turned to her brother, who had tears in his eyes. her entire demeanor deflated, her eyes becoming lidded in a sign of annoyance.

"no, max don't-"

"shut up, i get to say bye to you how i want." he immediately cut her off, grabbing her into a hug. minnie was never one for hugs, but she always made the exception for maxwell. "if you ever go a day without reaching out to me, i'll climb on a plane myself and come smack you, you hear?" she tried to speak, but maxwell's breaking voice cut in all too soon. "you will never understand how incredibly proud i am of you. of everything you've accomplished, and how far you've gone. i know you're leaving to start over fresh, to start this new chapter of your life," he paused to give her one more squeeze before looking her in the eyes to finish his statement. "but you don't ever get to forget me, okay?" he cracked a smile, which always caused minnie to smile.

"max, you've been my favorite person for as long as i can remember. and nothing will ever change that. i couldn't have gotten to where i am without you at all. i love you max"

the two shared a final, emotional hug, before minerva absolutely had to head inside to start getting checked in. it was already 4:17 am and she was always convinced it would take her an hour to get through security. the reality was, at this hour of the day there was barely anybody flying or checking in, so she got through in a solid twenty minutes and was ready at the gate.

she spent the hour and a half before her flight getting breakfast and sitting and working on her movie adaptation ideas. it was the whole reason she was moving out to the middle of nowhere, to work on the movie adaptation of her trilogy. she had been trying to get a production company to pick up her books for movie plots, but no one was willing to work with her. they said her books weren't movie material and she could never make it as a director. and as someone who operated on spite, she was determined to prove them wrong.

finally six am rolled around and minerva was in the plane, ready to take flight. after what felt like hours (in reality, it was another twenty minutes), they were taking off. and once they were in the air, minnie remembered why she didn't like flying in the middle of the night. because she was always so exhausted and she could never sleep on planes. and with her as exhausted and sleepy as she was, she couldn't get anything done on the flight. just constantly try to fall asleep, just to be woken up by some turbulence, or a flight attendant waking her up, or having to go to the bathroom.

basically, the worst flight of minnie's life

~~

the flight? sucked. getting her luggage from baggage claim? sucked. trying to find transportation out of the airport and to the apartments? sucked.

to say minerva was annoyed was the understatement of the year. she never knew how hard it was to haul two separate suitcases through an airport. it was incredibly hard. even harder to attempt to fit said suitcases into a taxi. but she finally made it to the apartments, and it was 12:15. she was a few minutes late, but she hoped to see the moving van outside, waiting for her.

nope. there was no moving van in sight.

her annoyance increased.

she tried to shrug it off as she quickly went inside, up to her apartment to drop off her things. just as quickly as she entered, she exited the building, not wanting to miss the movers. when it reached 12:30, she called the company to ask if she missed them, just to find out that they were running behind on schedule and they should've been there within the next thirty minutes.

spoiler alert, they did not arrive within the next thirty minutes. minerva was sat on the curb in front of the apartment for the next hour and a half and there was no moving van. then finally, at 2:03pm, there came a moving van. once again, she tried to shake off the attitude. surely these delivery people were not the ones who talked to her on the phone and damn near forced her to catch an early flight.

everything was going fine. she had shown the movers how to get to her room, she had helped move the smaller boxes from the van to her place, she helped direct them to where they were putting the big pieces of furniture. sure, she may not have done it with a smile, but is there anything that minnie does with a smile?

it all came down to a tall, slender box with big black letters that spelled "fragile". minnie came back outside after bringing another box up to her place and she saw the box, laying on the ground. when one of the movers finally tried to pick it up, she heard the shattered bits move around.

that was her breaking point.

her, now seemingly souless, eyes locked with the mover who dared to touch the box in the first place. her eyebrows were not furrowed, and her mouth was not downturned into a frown. all the emotions she needed to convey were right there in her eyes. she slowly and calmly walked up to him before speaking.

"do you realize the contents of that box are worth more than your entire, pathetic little life?"
her voice was calm, yet every word shot out of her mouth like darts of ice. but make no mistake about it, there was a scene being made.

"so not only do you show up two hours late, after i was forced to wake up at three in the morning to catch a damned red-eye flight, but then you mean to tell me that you actually broke my things?
her face was still completely neutral, but if you looked at the movers face, he was about to piss his pants.

minerva was always a very intimidating young woman. she hit her maximum height of 5'10" when she was in sixth grade, taller than everyone in her grade. that paired up with her attitude and cold demeanor, she would absolutely tower over anyone, physically or mentally.

"you're going to fucking pay for this, with your own damned money, or so help me God, you specifically are going to hear from me, got it?"

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll
Rhodey Rhodes

apartment > mailroom

relaxed

minerva (overheard)

Classes has started two weeks ago for the new semester of Rhodey's masters program, which means that they're finally done going over syllabuses and going icebreakers and are actually, finally, starting to get into the real material. Just in time for his all his textbook PDFs to finally come through after being tied up in administration. In at least one of his classes they had initially sent him a version that was just a collection of images of physical copy's pages that had been uploaded with a scanner and saved as PDFs. The email transaction that had followed was certainly headache inducing.

It took way longer than it should've for him to explain that what they had given him was incompatible with his screen reader but after several days he finally got through to them and received a proper copy. As much of a headache as it was at least he didn't have to worry about matching an entire class of names to voices since the majority of his previous classmates were returning for the program so he could celebrate that relief.

School wasn't the only thing that was causing him strife, there had a been a bit of an altercation at home when he went home for the holidays. He managed to survive seeing all his usual relatives calling him 'Jimmy' or 'Jamie', the latter of which didn't bother him nearly as much as the former so long as it was only his mother who used it, the alternative members asking him his he tried the paleo diet since they knew a friend who had a cousin who's sister's fiancé had a neighbor who tried it and reversed their vision loss, meeting his cousin's girlfriend and answering all the usual questions about his blindness. He politely smiled through all of that only to end up getting into it with his sister. He was trying not to dwell on the matter too much, there was plenty of time to do that later given that it seemed there would be no resolution for at least a while.

Rhodey tried not to his mind wander too much as he focused on the current task he was attempting to get done, checking his mail. It had sort of fallen by the wayside as he had been so busy with getting back into the flow of school. The mailman was probably getting pissed at him for having to keep shoving things inside a stuffed mailbox. Though on the off chance the opposite could be true and it could be practically empty. Only way to find out was to go down to the mailroom and find out.

Heading into the main area of his apartment he reached the console table to the left of the front door and grabbed his cane from the rightmost side of the table, slipping the strap off the folded up cane and allow the sections to expand until it was locked in position at it's full length. With his free hand he pulled the door open and shut it behind him once he was out in the hallway.

The sound of the cane rolling over the floor as he swept it back and forth rumbled softly through the hallway. Perfectly mundane background noise for a perfectly mundane task. He passed another tenant in the hallway as he entered the elevator, not one of his friends but someone who was friendly enough that they exchanged 'hellos.' People tended to stay out of his way in the apartment for the most part but some actually did offer greetings, that was nice. Rhodey wasn't really a social butterfly but being drowning in schoolwork made little moments of connections a bit more enjoyable. Upon reaching the mail room he began his routine of locating his mailbox. Unfortunately the boxes weren't accessible, the numbers weren't brailled, although the letters were slightly raised so he wasn't completely hung out to dry in that sense. Shortly after moving in he had a friend show him were his mailbox was and he developed a strategy for finding it independently. First count up two rows and then across by twenty, feeling the raised '222' on the front to make sure. Since living in the building he had gotten pretty good at getting his mail, not to brag or anything.

Being back in the apartment after being home for the holidays made him miss home a little bit more, back there his mother had braille labels on pretty much everything from the TV remote to the toaster since the moment he could read them. That simple kind of consideration really went a long way, it made the incident with his sister sting all that much more. She had been such an advocate for him growing up, despite him being the older brother of her and her twin brother. Maybe the holiday stress had contributed to their disagreement, but either way, he still didn't want to dwell on it at the moment.

After tapping the wall enough times his cane swept across an opening in the wall, the doorway to the mailroom. He held his cane more vertically as he entered since he knew the dimensions of the room were not quiet as spacious as the other communal areas of the building, and his cane being about 60 inches at full length took up a decent amount of room when it was in it's proper position extended in front of him. He began his counting process and located his mailbox, confirmed by his key sliding swiftly into the lock and opening it. The contents seemed to fall between his two envisioned scenarios and yielded a moderate amount of mail.

As he sifted through it, feeling the size of each piece, something else grabbed his attention. A voice coming from around the corner with a level tone but biting words. It was strange, most of the tenants that lived in the apartment building, even the ones that Rhodey wasn't very close with, were usually fairly non-antagonistic. Aside from the occasional passive aggressive notes on the communal bulletin board. Combining that with the fact that the voice was one that he hadn't hear before made the conclusion that it was a new person fairly easy to come to. He toyed with the idea of hiding out in the mailroom until the conflict ended, though as the tirade seemed to continue for another minute or so the idea sounded less appealing if he was going to have to be there indefinitely. He steeled himself moderately just in case, it was his apartment too so he might as well just walk past and hope not to get involved in whatever was going on out there.

Securing the mail in his left hand and his cane in his right, lowering it back into it's proper position as he exited the mailroom and reentered the hallway. Confidently walking down it and hearing the volume of the conversation mildly increase as his proximity to it became closer. He also consciously adjusted his probing technique with his cane so as not to knock into whatever it was that had been broken to invoke any further wrath from the unfamiliar woman.

♡coded by uxie♡

scroll

The Guy With the Money

Nalani

mood

a little more chipper than usual

outfit

black jeans with a white & red top & don't forget the rainbow Chacos

bed, bar, & laundry room

interactions

mentions nico, interacts with minnie & rhodey

Nalani Emery had given up on being a man of class, he’d tell you. The holidays were always a rough time of year, especially for Nala. They’d bring back an ample number of flashbacks drowned out by the tinnitus ringing in his head following a trip to the bottom of a bottle or a bowl. He’d kept a bottle or several all too closed to his pursed lips over the past few weeks. Thanksgiving until the second or third week of January were never to be remembered. They just weren’t made to be.

Nala woke up with a start, having been sober last night for the first time in weeks. He spent his morning before opening the bar cleaning his room, taking care to collect any dirty or questionably folded laundry and to toss it into his laundry bag. Having woken up particularly earlier than usual, Nalani threw on a pair of stretched out black jeans and whatever t-shirt was on the top of his drawer. This time, a red-on-white logoed Greta Van Fleet shirt. Momentarily proud of himself for having hella music taste, he paused in the mirror for the first time in days on the way out the door, noticing his exhausted, jaded gaze.

Time to lay off the bev-edges.
Nala dragged the bag behind him, thumping it against door frames and cabinets on the way towards the door.

“Ni-Cohhh.” He called into the abyss, greeting his pal, though he was wholly unaware if Nico was home.

Eventually, through the meandering hallways and whatnot, Nala made it down to the laundry room and tossed his clothes into a washing machine, taking care to set a timer on his watch so he’d remember to change it, and off to the bar he went.

The ten minute walk felt like a thousand years, as he’d grown so accustomed to laziness and taking a taxi the few blocks down the avenue. Sober Nalani thought that a stroll through the lights and sounds of the city might wake him up even more, but that just ended with his irritation at the pigeons congregating around his feet and refusing to scoot over as he walked. Avoiding pigeons in Charlotte was nearly as bad as avoiding pigeons in the City. At least there weren’t seagulls in Charlotte. That made for the bird avoiding being a little easier.

Truly, life was just a little easier here in Charlotte. Though he’d only been here for a few months, he still found himself genuinely enjoying spending time in his little neck-of-the-woods. He never had to walk or ride more than fifteen minutes away for everything he needed, much like in New York. But here, everything was smaller. Less chaotic. And it felt a little safer, too. No longer having to look over his shoulder every second step was quite relaxing.

And by the time he’d thought through why Charlotte was healthier for him than New York, he was at Kaleidoscope. His assistant manager, Callie, had beat him to work, per the usual. She was typically an hour early and Nala left an hour later than she did. It all worked out in the end. There was plenty of busywork to be done, and Nalani had completed a good hour of deep cleaning the bar by the time his watch pierced his ears and screamed that the laundry was done.

And back to the apartments he went, speedily changing his laundry over before panting up the staircase back to the foyer. Unwittingly, he had stumbled upon quite the situation. Pausing for a moment, noticing Rhodey padding away from whatever was going on, he offered a curt “Hey, buddy! How’s school” Before noticing a tall blonde woman he didn’t recognize was staring blood and murder through the face of someone who seemed to be helping her move items into the apartment. Ah. A new resident. And the fiasco was escalating in volume.

“I’ll see ya later.” He muttered at Rhodey, and he offered a pat on the shoulder, moving to the side to pace out to the woman and the seemingly horrified moving guy.

The only words Nala truly made out of the situation was “you’re going to fucking pay”. And, assuming he was in a better position to pay off the enraged woman than the moving guy was, he paused. Seeking eye contact with her. Pulling out his probably-too-full-to-be-walking-alone-down-the-street wallet. And shoving three 100s in her direction.

♡coded by uxie♡

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ left side info ------ */
mood discontent

location their apartment

outfit this

mentions minerva (ish)

tag @

odette castillo

/* ------ right side ------ */

[TW: DRUG USE AND VAGUE MENTION OF AN EATING DISORDER]

The New Year ushered in a new feeling of discontent within Odette, and they found themselves tossed between the clutches of apathy and a nagging hesitancy in their self-confidence. They'd pulled themselves up by their boot-straps for sure, but they couldn't help but feel an odd sort of emptiness that hadn't been there before.

They stood at the counter in the kitchen of their apartment, open spiral notebook before them as they chewed mindlessly on a number two pencil that should have been sharpened about four uses ago. If they could even find that damn pencil sharpener... Junkyard Jim, the absolute rascal, loved the clattering noise it made when it rolled across the floor so there was honestly no telling when they'd be able to find it.

The heavy sigh that escaped them was concerning enough to pull Junkyard Jim's attention from whatever mischief he was getting into, and he skittered across the kitchen floor to wind himself between their legs-- making himself helpful in the only way he knew how. Odette felt a pang of what they would almost describe as guilt-- clearly their mood was wrongfully affecting their animal companion. That wasn't fair. Not quite in the mood for affection, but feeling the heavy weight of their duties anyway, they knelt down and picked up their pet raccoon to cradle him gently in their arms and gave him some loving belly-rubs-- the pencil still hanging haphazardly from between their lips.

"Sorry Jimmy. Don't mean to bring the mood down... I'm just feeling some feelings, little guy. You know?" There wasn't a single thought behind the raccoons big glossy eyes but he chattered as if he understood exactly what they meant, and nuzzled his fuzzy head up under their chin. Odette entertained it for a moment, and held him close as they pet him, but it wasn't long before he wiggled out of their grasp and stationed himself on their shoulder. "I swear you were a parrot in your past life, Jim. And you belonged to the baddest of pirates around. That's why you like sitting on my shoulder, and that's absolutely why you're a little thief. And you can act like you don't know what I'm on about but I'm onto you, pal. I just know it." A wry smile touched their lips as they realized how crazy they sounded as they stood there in their kitchen and told their pet raccoon all about himself.

"And I," they continued, "am the worst procrastinator alive. I can't even finish this grocery list." To be fair, they were having trouble coming up with the list of food because in reality they didn't have any interest in eating anything. The thought of ingesting any sort of food made their stomach churn. In fact, their nose wrinkled in disgust as they printed the word 'bananas' on their list. A perfectly normal and tasty fruit sounded horrible to them. That was usually the first indicator that they weren't doing as well as they perceived themselves to be.

Junyard Jim, perhaps feeling the drop in their mood again, or perhaps growing bored of tousling their hair and playing with their earrings, leapt from their shoulders and onto the counter, where he waddled across the surface and jumped onto the sofa and curled up in a pool of sunlight like a cat. Odette grabbed the spiral notebook they were writing in and plopped themselves down at their dining room table, scooting the chair across the floor a little too loudly, which earned them a glower that could kill from their raccoon, and an angry pounding of a broom handle from their downstairs neighbor. Valid on both accounts, honestly, Odette hadn't meant to be that noisy about it.

Grocery lists werent meant to be this hard, yet Odette found themselves doodling all over the page instead of writing anything of substance down, and thats when they decided that maybe thinking about food was a task for another time. Maybe if they smoked first and got the munchies they would find themselves craving something. "A little bit of green will do me good." They said the words aloud, as if that would serve to reassure them, but the promise hung empty in the air. They'd stayed stoned for three days straight now and it hadn't done a single thing to help their appetite. They knew it was the coke. It was a mistake to start using again, and they knew that, but even now they were itching for more. They picked it up again just before Halloween, hoping it would skyrocket them into that holiday cheer, but instead it reintroduced them to old habits.

Heaving an aggravated sigh, Odette closed their notebook and leaned back in their chair so that they were looking at the ceiling. They'd run through their last twenty-sack and they intended to keep it that way, despite the temptation, but sitting around their apartment with an air of misery wasn't helping things one bit. They needed to get out and do something- hence the grocery list, but that was clearly proving to be an impossible task, so now they were racking their brain for more options.

Deciding maybe a breath of fresh air would help them think more clearly, Odette restlessly stood from their chair and strode across the room to open their window and invite the crisp, cool air inside with them. They took four solid deep breaths, then peered out the window, intrigued by the sound of voices.

"Looks like someone's moving in, Jimmy. We're getting a new neighbor." Under normal circumstances, Odette would have felt the need to instantly go down and make friends with the new resident-- after all they typically loved social interaction. Dread boiled angrily in their gut, however, and their expression soured. "Something's going down, I guess. She doesn't look happy." Odette studied the scene down by the moving truck. "Hm. I wonder if something broke..." It was then that they realized how incredibly lame they had gotten. "And I am sitting here gossiping to my pet raccoon... I gotta get out of here." They pinched the bridge of their nose, trying to decide whether or not they actually meant that sentiment, but it wasn't long before curiosity won out, and they found themselves striding out their apartment and down the stairs to get a closer look at the newbie.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Last edited:

tramel.

• mood

nonchalant yet slightly curious

"keep it down will ya?!"

tramel jolted at the sound of his alarm clock blaring into his right ear, groaning at the repetitive and obnoxiously loud noise he slams his hand on the button to allow silence to take its place. the new year was starting off so well for him. his ex-girlfriend-correction---pregnant ex-girlfriend has been sending stress-ridden mixed signals about her decision involving their child. tramel has always wanted to start a family but having it be this soon was significantly overwhelming for him. wanting to make sure he was making the correct choice he asked his friends and family their opinions, finally settling on taking the responsibility of being a father he started to become excited and happy. while his excitement was thriving, madeline has other thoughts. just recently after new years the separated couple arrived at the planned parenthood facility to see the growth of their child and in the exam room was where the already strained relationship got worse. on the way to his ex's apartment after the appointment tramel went off on madeline for her decision to not be apart of their childs' life. tramel had already had his heart broken by the woman he truly loved now he's watching her run away from the only thing that will keep them in each others lives. he regrets sleeping with her the night he was supposed to pick up his things from her place then he wouldn't be in this situation.

allowing his cats to rub their scent all over his face, he got ready for the day ahead of him. only problem was as soon as he sat up his entire body became heavy and his mind became nauseous. he forgot that his new years eve involved him drowning his liver in liquor. slowly standing up from his bed he slowly walked not even bothering to lift his feet up towards his bathroom. a hot shower is what he wanted and goddammit a hot shower is just what hit the spot. letting the water run down his locs and cascade down the rest of his body really helped along with taking a large amount of aspirin. getting out of the shower and dressing in something loose, he craned his neck towards the balcony doors due to the sound of beeping. opening the doors like he was in a disney princess movie, he looked down to see a moving truck parking in front of the loading zone. retreating to his dining table he came back with a joint in his hand and a lighter curious on who was moving in to the building. his eyes slowly made contact with a blonde young female, definitely around his age. he watched as she started arguing with the moving company and chuckled to himself while lighting the joint taking a hit from it allowing the sativa high to take control of his body. surprisingly the warm rays from the sun were making him tired, but the continuous berating from the blondie was ruining his vibe. he continued to watch as she made a complete fool of herself well in his eyes she did but he gaze went straight to nala as he made his way over to them then proceeded to take his ridiculously large wallet---like why doesn't the guy put that shit in a jar or under his mattress like a normal person--and give the blonde woman a couple hundred dollar bills due to her asking the movers how they will pay for breaking some of her belongings. rolling his eyes he took another hit from his joint before blowing the smoke out of his mouth before clearing his throat and sharing his unsolicited opinion. "You know Nala, you shouldn't be giving your money to strangers who act like complete assholes to movers. Here's an idea, why don't she just move all the stuff herself that way her precious items don't get broken." He smirked before speaking again "Also you owe me from the pool game last week!"

cry for love

백현

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

2023 was meant to be nora's year of change and of growth. the past few days had been filled with moments of gratitude; she had the perfect studio apartment, the greatest group of friends, and a semi-decent job. during her breaks at the convenience store, nora even found herself scrolling through her phone, researching colleges and any courses they might have to jump-start her educational career for social work. nora's motivation to start sifting her way through life and taking advantage of given opportunities had skyrocketed.

but somehow, within the same week that she gained all this confidence, an aspect of her life took a torch to her spur of faith and burned it down. and to her surprise.. sorta anyway, the culprit behind the shit storm was none other than her own boss.

"find everything ok, sir?," nora asked while beginning to scan a mango madness snapple and a bag of chester's cheetos. the brunette looked up from the cash register after ringing everything up to find the middle-aged man's eyes shamelessly undressing her. a sudden wave of disgust, nausea, and unease washed over her body and her demeanor changed from friendly to plain disappointed. another one of these guys.

"six seventy five," she said plainly, her usual pearly white smile having been wiped clean off her face. her break was due right after this douchebag left, and she wanted nothing more then to get him out of the store as soon as possible. but the obvious expression of uninterest wasn't clear enough for him, as he fixed his mouth to attempt a conversation with her.

"what brings a... little lady like you around these parts, hm?," the caucasian man threw a rather nauseating smirk, and it was one that only he thought was attractive. nora's stomach churned looking at the face of a man only a mother could love.

"six. seventy. five." nora repeated through gritted teeth as she let out an annoyed yet quiet sigh.

by now, the nuisance of a customer had read the look of disinterest. and instead of taking the hint and leaving, he gathered his bruised ego and spit on her. literally.

"you bitches are good fa nothin'," he barked, while reaching into his back pocket to grab whatever bill he had crumpled up in his white washed jeans. while his head was turned, nora's blood boiled beneath her skin as she wiped off his saliva from her face. shocked was an understatement and the situation sucked every bit of energy out of her that kept her nonchalant and collected during stressful situations.

the disrespect towards her was too great to just be swallowed and forgotten. a part of nora forgot her professionalism as she grabbed the snapple from the countertop and chucked it at him with as much force as she could muster up. it didn't feel like much force to her, but it was enough for him to clasp both hands onto his nose and let out a holler loud enough to drag her manager out of the office.

"what the hell happened, nora?!," he had yelled in utter dismay. and instead of running to her side, his feet immediately took him to the aid of the customer who was bellowing profanities and racial slurs.

"this old fuck can't take a hint, that's what happened!," nora yelled back while untying the employee apron from around her waist and fumbling with the stained nametag that was pinned to her shirt. "he spit on me." she added.

"if these 're the kind of people you hire, you can sure as hell kiss my ass. i'm never spending money here again and..," the man's voice turned from the manager to a seething nora as he flashed the same gross smile at her, revealing a handful of cavities. "you can bet everybody in this got damned town with a knick of sense left will leave you broke and unemployed, slut." he cackled before stealing his items and walking out. nora and the manager were left with the words stolen right from their throats.

breaking the silence that nearly swallowed them both, nora let out a hefty sigh and tucked in a loose strand of hair behind her ear before she lifted her head up. no part of her bothered to ignite a conversation with her boss who was now turning his attention to her, an all too familiar expression of disappointment written on his face. but even though nora was used to a lack of empathy and the same old "the customer is always right" attitude from her, a part of her was surprised at the words he said next.

"get out," he demanded, walking over behind the counter to where she was standing and snatching the apron from the countertop right where she left it. draping it across his arm, he then took the "nora" nametag from the counter and tossed it into a waste bin next to them. "you're fired." he added, before stepping out of her way.

nora's eyes darkened at his audacity. it was one thing to take the side of a racist, pervert who couldn't take no for an answer. but it was another to fire her for standing up for herself. to strip her of a job knowing that she was nowhere in the wrong.

but a part of her screamed war was over. instead of protesting and pleading for her spot in the lousy store, she let out a huff and bent down to grab her belongings from behind the counter. shoulder checking her ex-boss on her way out from behind the counter, nora strided towards the exit. but before leaving, she turned towards him.

"god bless whoever the fuck takes my spot, cause lord knows they'll need it working with a fucking pig like you, charlie." she commented, before swiftly making her way out.

the usual fifteen minute walk back home to the apartment complex she lived in turned into a thirty minute one. she wasn't in the mood to be cooped up in her studio apartment just yet. nora needed the fresh air and the time to clear her head in case she would run into anyone on the way there; friends from the complex or coworkers from different shift times. the last thing nora wanted to do was shit on anyone who didn't deserve it.

turning the corner, nora lifted her head up from her shoes to the clearing straight ahead from her. it was there that she saw two figures; one appearing to be nalani as she got closer, and the other being an angry, unfamiliar woman who looked to be scolding the movers in charge of getting her stuff to her.

another tenant? nice. as much as nora wanted to introduce herself to the newbie, the woman looked to be in no mood for chit chat, and to be frank, neither was nora. not after the incident that happened at the store today.

before nora could walk passed, a familiar voice from above caught her attention. and no, it wasn't god. it was someone better. the voice belonged to her dearest friend tramel, who was puffing away at a blunt and looking as gorgeous as ever.

"goodmorning, sunshine." she hollered up, raising a hand to her lips and blowing a friendly kiss in his direction before making her way inside the complex. it was there that she met another familiar face making their way into the lobby. nora asssumed that odette was also heading into the direction of the commotion outside.

"oh hey, odette." nora stated, mustering up the best smile she could offer, considering what she had gone through earlier that day. tenant 318 always made sure to try her best to spread love and positivity, even if it didn't reflect exactly how she was feeling.

"and hello to you too, cutie," she added, her attention averting to the domesticated raccoon that was odette's pet and friend. a part of her smile became genuine at the sight of the critter who was hitching a ride of their shoulder. it was a sight to see, and even though nora wasn't the best with all animals, the encounter quickly became a highlight to her day.

ele(nora).

apt. #318

m. minerva & nalani. i. tramel (brief) & odette.

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

mood chill

location in and around the apartment building

outfit his "good" clothes

mentions Tramel, Nalani, Minerva, Nora, Odette

tag
logastellus logastellus

dikdik dikdik
sunshineysoul sunshineysoul
minajesty minajesty
nova.the.alien nova.the.alien

nico tiwari

Nico paused before he reached his building, to once again hoist up his guitar case; the strap of which gradually slipping down his shoulder as he lugged the unwieldy vessel down the street. It was a momentous occasion, this wastrel stumbling out of the apartment before 6pm. And for work no less, not to sit around drinking at Nalani's bar.

Nico usually earned his cash by lounging around in his skivvies all day, periodically serving some pills or powder to the tweakers that would stop by his place for a fix. But on this day of our Lord in January 2023, he was actually putting in an honest day's work. Okay, so maybe it was just a few hours of playing guitar on a track for some producer he met at Nala's bar one night. They hooked up, and the guy was now providing Nico a tenuous little trickle of work as a session musician, playing guitar or drums for some of the artists on his roster. These gigs were few and far between though, usually on very short notice when the producer couldn't get one of his A-team regulars.

So Nico didn't really harbor any pipe dreams of becoming some rich musician or anything. But it was a cool gig, a chance to play music, one of the few things he was actually good at. And as much as Nico's main "occupation" fed into his extreme laziness and let him lay around all day without zero responsibilities, sometimes he had to admit that it felt good to be out and about in the daylight. Pretending to be a real, functioning member of society, if only for a day.

Nico made one more readjustment to his guitar case, gently swinging the strap to his other shoulder as he continued walking. His rambling pace quickened when he spotted Tramel hanging out his balcony, yelling down at the scene below. "Yo, Mel! You started without me??" He joked, pointing up at his friend as the other fellow leisurely puffed on a joint. His own attention, however, was soon captured by the scene in front of the building, featuring Nalani, a team of movers, and the building's newest resident, a hot, statuesque blonde. And she did not look happy.

Nico watched the woman quietly chastise a mover for breaking one of her things, deciding now probably wasn't the best time to introduce himself. Not only because she was obviously busy, irritated, and clearly not in the mood for conversation. But he also felt uncharacteristically shy all of a sudden. This woman was intimidating. She looked like someone who could easily put a guy in his place, and kick the crap out of him for good measure. Nico's runaway thoughts about this mysterious blonde were actually starting to make him blush, and he quickly dismissed them. Now was certainly not the time for such daydreams.

There were more important things at hand, like the fact that Nala, his best buddy and roommate, had just handed the woman a crisp stack of bennies. A sincere yet probably wholly misguided gesture. Nico stifled a laugh as he watched the exchange.

As the woman stared his buddy down, Nico took the opportunity to sidle up to him, giving Nala a playful nudge in his side. "Eyyy, who dis?" He looked to his bestie, then flashed the same grin at the newbie, offering her his outstretched hand. "I'm Nico. Roommate to ol' Moneybags here," He teased, giving Nala an affectionate clap on the shoulder. "Sorry about uh...all that," He motioned vaguely to the movers milling around their truck, adding a sheepish, "Welcome to the building though!"

Out of the corner of his eye, he caught a flash of raven hair on the other side of the glass doors that led into the building. Nico quickly excused himself to rush inside so he could creep up behind Nora and wrap her up in a hug. He gave the woman a little squeeze, his insides thoroughly warmed by how naturally her petite form slipped into his arms.

It wasn't just because they were sleeping together. Or her amazing cooking skills. Or her looks, though she just happened to possess the most gorgeous face he'd ever laid eyes on. Nora was just really cool. And warm, and fun, and chill. Nico had taken a liking to her from the day she moved in, and he was rapidly growing attached, despite the way he operated by default; free of all attachments, rules, responsibilities...meaningful relationships. This building and its loveable crew of weirdos sure had a way of giving a home to even the most solivigant nomad.

As he took his place by Nora's side, Nico couldn't help but press a tender kiss to her forehead. If there was any evidence in her black velvet eyes that something was bothering her, it went right over Nico's thick head. Much too dazzled by her pretty face, as it had been many grueling hours since he'd seen it last.

He stood grinning stupidly for a moment before noticing the presence of Odette and the pet racoon that hung around their shoulder. "Hey, O! Hey, Jimothy!" With an arm still draped around Nora, Nico quickly snapped out of his daze to turn his attention on the pair. His free hand outstretched, offering Odette a friendly fist bump and Jim a fond scratch behind the ear.

© weldherwings.

Jacqueline Quinn
@JackieQuinn
The Lofts
Indifferent
interactions

Mentions Minerva, Nala, Tramel, Nico, and Nora
Interacts with Odette and Jimmy

For most people, the holidays were a cause for celebration; It was a time for gifts and family and delicious feasts. And like most people, Jackie’s friend and now ex-roommate had planned to fly back home for the holidays so that she could spend Christmas and bring in the New Year with her family. “You know you can come with me if you want,” Her friend had told her as she wheeled her suitcase through the front door. “My parents wouldn’t have a problem with it. They have an extra bedroom upstairs that you could stay in, and my mama always cooks enough to feed an army.”

“Nah, it’s okay Britt,” Jackie told her with a wry smile as she leaned against the doorframe. “I still have a lot of packing I need to get done, and Joe needed me to pick up a few extra shifts down at the club anyway, so…”

For the last few years of her existence, Jackie has absolutely hated the holidays; While everyone else had somewhere to go and someone to see, all Jackie really had now was herself. So while Brittney would be somewhere in Georgia eating her mama’s southern cooking and catching up with her siblings and distant relatives, Jackie would more than likely be spending her Christmas and New Years Eve drinking tequila and binge-watching NCIS.

“You better Facetime me when you get everything moved in, I wanna help you decorate,” Brittany had said as she enveloped Jackie in a tight hug. “And don’t be a stranger! I’m gonna miss having you around.” Shortly after that, Brittney headed down the hall towards the elevator, and when she was finally out of sight Jackie couldn’t help but feel a twinge of sadness.

“I’ll miss you too, Britt.”

-

Jackie woke up on New Year’s Day with cottonmouth and a splitting headache; After sitting up on the couch, she came to the realization that not only was she still wearing her outfit from the night before, but she also had absolutely no idea how she managed to get back to her friend’s apartment in one piece. And it was a few moments after that, while she forced herself to stand from the couch, that she started to regret taking those last few shots of tequila.

Like Christmas, Jackie had originally planned to spend her New Year’s Eve in front of the television, wrapped up in her blanket like a burrito. Plans changed, however, when she got a call from one of her former coworkers practically begging her to come spend her last night in Durham at a local bar. It didn’t take much convincing for Jackie to peel herself off the couch and find an outfit that would guarantee her a few free drinks. After all, it wasn’t like she had anything better to do.

“Holy fuck,” Jackie muttered under her breath as she slowly made her way towards the bathroom. “Get your shit together, Jackie.” She only picked up her pace once a sudden wave of nausea came over her, and she didn’t stop until she found herself on her knees, hunched over the toilet bowl with her head resting on her arms. She sat in that position for a little over twenty minutes before begrudgingly pulling herself off the floor and beginning her morning routine. It only took an hour-long scalding hot shower, four ibuprofen pills, and three tall glasses of water for Jackie to start feeling somewhat like herself again. And after getting dressed, filling a large Thermos with coffee, and loading the last of her things into her gray Kia Forte, she was off.

The drive from Durham to Charlotte took two hours; By the time Jackie pulled into the parking lot of her new apartment building, her hangover felt a whole lot more manageable. She parked her car as close to the entrance as possible, and after slinging a couple of her duffle bags over her shoulders and wedging a framed painting under her arm, she made a beeline for the front door. Upon noticing the moving van that sat directly in front of the apartments, Jackie felt a bit relieved that she wasn’t the only newcomer.

"You're going to fucking pay for this, with your own damned money,” Jackie heard a woman say as she strode past the van. It was then that she paused mid-step, her nosiness getting the better of her as she briefly examined the box that lay next to the mover. Part of Jackie wanted to intervene; She hated bullies, and that was exactly what the young blonde woman seemed to be. But before she could even decide whether or not she wanted to make a move, an oddly familiar looking man approached the woman, a few hundred dollar bills in his now outstretched hand.

"You know Nala, you shouldn't be giving your money to strangers who act like complete assholes to movers,” A voice from above yelled, causing Jackie to snap her head up and look around for the source. A brown-skinned man with locs peered down from his balcony, a smirk on his lips and a joint wedged in between his fingers. At that, Jackie couldn’t help but let out a chuckle; Maybe she would like it here more than she thought.

Soon, more people started to appear near the scene, and Jackie suddenly began to feel the weight of her bags. So, rather than linger around any longer, Jackie continued her walk to the front doors. She slipped in behind some guy who had some nice ass hair, and continued walking until she spotted something she never in a million years would’ve thought she’d come across in her new apartment building.

“Oh!” Jackie said a bit louder than she’d hoped, the painting falling from under her arm as a result of her shock. It was a… raccoon? Someone in the building had a pet raccoon? And when she realized that she’d been staring a little too long, Jackie averted her gaze from the small animal and focused on the person whose shoulder he’d been sitting upon instead. ”Sorry. I just wasn’t expecting…” Her voice trailed off as she took quick glances at those who stood nearby.

“He’s really cute!”
coded by natasha.

Ibjdf0h.png

RONNIE​

mentioned: nico, elenora
interactions: n/a
tags: EVERYONE HELP YA GIRL OUT!!!​

It was late when Ronnie opened her eyes to a pitch dark room. She had to blink a couple of times, then remembered what had happened the previous night — she’d been drinking alone and playing some PS4 games. Although it seemed depressing it had actually been quite nice instead. One could be comfortably in their pyjamas and drink cheap store-bought alcohol. If one was anything like Ronnie, playing games on the game console all night was a hundred percent fun time.

Tonight was going to be a little different. She had promised to meet her brother at a bar for New Year. There was no chance that she was going to invite him over — her roommates just might kill her over it. She rose and found the clothes that she had worn the day before scattered on the floor by the bed — some simple ripped jeans and a boring grey hoodie. She only had to grab her phone, wallet and keys and shove her feet into her sneakers, whose flats had already begun to get teared off, and grab her windbreaker before she was on her way through the streets of Charlotte.

It was an easy and memorable trip to get to the bar where they had decided to meet — she had done this trip many times before. In fact. she could probably walk there with her eyes closed.

“Ronnie, Ronnie, Ronnie…” came the familiar slurring voice of her older brother and Ronnie had to give a little laugh at what she was seeing: the young man was faltering on his feet and there was a bottle of clear vodka in his hand that he had obviously been drinking from. It was not exactly a surprising sight — in fact it would have probably been more surprising had he been completely sober at this hour.

“Have you drunk already?” she asked, acting stupid and this caused a little sheepish smile to come over her brother’s face. He waved about his hand almost as if he was downplaying how messed up he was.

“Well, a lil’ bit…”

“Unbelievable. You can’t stay off it at all, can you?” Ronnie said with a huff, hoping to egg her brother on a bit. If there was anything that she was good at, it was annoying him.

“You’re not better off yourself, Ron. I have seen the amount you drink these days,” her brother yelled out while swinging around the bottle of vodka. “You can’t exactly brag about letting weed go when you’ve just switched to booze.”

“I can control myself.” Ronnie gave a heedless shrug. “In fact, I’m totally down for skipping out on this, and going for some coffee instead.”

This made her brother give a guffaw. “Now I can spot a lie when presented with one, sis,” he said while jabbing his finger toward her in midair in the accusatory kind of way. Then he threw back the bottle and took a generous gulp from it. “You don’t need to worry over me at all if that’s what’s got your knickers all in a twist.”

“I don’t worry. I just like to fuck with you.” Ronnie gave her brother a smile. In return he flipped her off. “We’ll drink, and then I’ll go and hang out with my neighbours.”

She threw her arm over her brother’s shoulder and then they headed inside into the boom of the music and the flashing lights. They were the same height — he had been taller only before she had reached puberty. After that she had grown almost at the pace of a young boy to his level. She knew it was his biggest insecurity, because he would become irrationally angry about jokes about it.

“You’re lucky you have neighbours you like,” he was shouting right by her ear now to be heard over the boom of the bass reverberating around the room. Why had they decided to come to a club of all places when the city was full of amazing sitting bars too?

“Never said that. But I like some of ‘em.” They sat down at the counter.

“Are you still hanging out with… What was her name again…? …Elenora?” He rubbed his chin and looked at the menu of cheap tab drinks. Ronnie wasn’t too stressed about money at the moment. She wondered if her brother was still struggling with unemployment and other financial stuff. It was no cheap city to live in but thankfully not the most expensive either.

“I have shown you one group selfie and she’s the only one you remember?” she asked then. “Stop being a creep.”

“Stop calling me that,” he huffed. “Nothing wrong with being a single opportunist.”

“Besides, I think she’s already dating someone…” Ronnie wondered. Actually she wasn’t one hundred percent sure but there was certainly something strange going on between Nico and Elenora, something ambiguous.

“The first drink is on me, sis.”

Ronnie looked at the menu. If her brother was still unemployed there was no way that he was going to be able to afford many of the more expensive drinks in this place. Thankfully he had the vodka to spike up his drinks.

“In that case, I’ll take the most expensive shit they have.” Ronnie saw that they had some kind of expensive margarita that cost thirty dollars. She could enjoy an expensive margarita right now. Her brother seemed to regret his generosity.

“If it doesn’t get you drunk fast, it’s essentially worthless,” he said.

He ordered the margarita and a cheap tab beer for himself and they continued chewing the fat as though they hadn’t seen in years — Ronnie considered herself lucky to get along with her family. She thought of her neighbours, who she knew had hard pasts to haunt them, families broken apart by illness or something equally traumatising. Ronnie wondered if she was a spoiled kid, since she never had to lift a finger as a kid. She had been able to come home to a warm meal and video games and toys and whatnot.

Unsurprisingly her brother disappeared about an hour into their tattle and Ronnie felt mildly abandoned, sitting alone at the bar. By then she had ordered at least a few times already and there was a familiar spinning sensation in her mind. There was no point trying to find her brother anymore — the pitch darkness broken only by the occasional flashing colourful led light and the quickly moving throng made it impossible.

She was starting to think that there was no point being here anymore. If she was alone, she might as well be at home in her pyjamas watching TV, or hanging out with someone who wouldn’t bail on her out of nowhere.

When she was sure that her brother was not coming back she got up. Her movements were clumsy and faltering, a sign that she had probably drunk too much in a very short amount of time. She stumbled toward the entrance but was abruptly stopped by someone touching her arm. The place was full of people so she wasn’t too bothered by the physical contact and simply shrunk away from the grasp.

Strangely then her upper arm was grabbed and her heart rate spiked. She turned around but couldn’t see who was grabbing her and instead she jumped away. When she managed to shake off the hand, she was once again grabbed.

“Who are you? Stop.” she said with a slur. Was it her brother?

“Come dance with me,” came an unfamiliar voice. It wasn’t her brother.

She was in no mood for a dance, not now or most likely any other time. She was no dancer, had never been.

Ronnie wanted to be far away from this man and to never feel his hand on her again. However, he wasn’t letting go when she tried to get away. In fact, he was now squeezing her arm. What a desperate piece of shit, she thought.

“Come dance.”

“Stop,” she yelled. Did he just not hear her over the music?

“Please.”

There were many things that Ronnie disliked and a man who didn’t respect a woman was certainly one of them. It was enough to effectively make her blood boil, a type of anger rising in her that she couldn’t restrain, which made her heart rate rise and her muscles tense and ready for a battle.

Within just seconds she had managed to whip her free hand toward the man and make it come in contact with what felt like his cheek. Then there was a groan of pain and her arm was free again. She heard the man say something like shit — judging from the throbbing pain now on her knuckles she had managed to punch this man pretty hard.

“Fuckin’ crazy bitch.”

She was about to run off but hearing the man call her crazy made her stop. Perhaps she should have let it go but these kinds of assholes were the type she would happily punch twice.

She felt someone, most likely the man she had just punched, grab her by the shoulders. Then there was a shove, and Ronnie found herself in a fall, and the world spun around her.

Then, there was just shooting pain, all over.

Waking up had never felt this terrible. Ronnie opened her eyes and harsh fluorescent lights stared back into her eyes. There was the sound of doors opening and closing, and people chatting with each other. She must be lying on some kind of concrete floor because she felt the surface dig into every part of her body. She was sure that, were she to turn around, she would break a bone. She gave a groan and slowly managed to come to a sitting position. When she saw that there were bars around her, a sinking sensation developed in her stomach.

All around her men and women strolled about in uniforms, did paperwork, answered calls and brought people in and out. One of the cops seemed to notice her gawking at them and got up.

“You need to leave, miss,” he said through the bars.

“Am I in trouble?”

“I recommend you stop drinking for now.”

This brought an image to her mind, an image where she was unconscious on the ground and people would go about their night, only briefly disgusted by the drunken sight that she was, only she wouldn’t have been blacked out from drunkenness.

“I was never that drunk, mister. Someone…” she started, but then hesitated in finishing the sentence. What if she would incriminate herself? After all, she had punched a man first.

“Please go home now,” the cop said.

Thankfully it seemed like the cop didn’t really care about her situation and instead wanted her to just leave and perhaps give some space to other drunkards. She got up and tried pushing the jail door — it wasn’t locked and slowly veered open.

She walked out and sat on the curb in front of the station. The sky was still dark, the air felt cool on her skin and she heard the boom of fireworks in the distance. She must be somewhere far away. The surroundings gave no information into where she was at the moment.

She opened her phone and the first conversation that she thought to open was the group channel with her neighbours in it — surely someone was free to pick her up?

+ 1 704… (Ronnie): I’m at the police station, someone pick me up
+ 1 704… (Ronnie): I will come for you if you guys leave me to die here

Rhodey

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

Thin Lizzy

the boys are back in town

Rhodey stopped his journey back to his apartment when he was intercepted by Nala giving him a greeting and enquiring about school. Not particularly wanting to get into the mess that was his interactions with his professors he went with the simple answer
"It's alright."
he said. The shoulder touch had mildly caught him off guard slightly, as well as the sound of footsteps departing seemingly towards the interaction unfolding outside the lobby on the street. He really should've just left it alone, but his curiosity, as well as desire to put off emailing back another professor, he headed towards the front doors and entered onto the sidewalk.

From the collection of voices he could tell that there were a number of people outside already, though he couldn't pick them out individually and identify them. Until he heard a hollering shout of a familiar voice from one of the apartment's balcony's behind them. Tramel's. Learning from the man's voice that Nala had apparently offered the strange woman some amount of money. It was kind of a shock, not in that he had had money, Rhodey had known that he usually carried around more physical cash than the average person, but that he had offered it to a stranger and one as callous as this person.

The interaction quickly proved to be something that he had no interest in continuing to listen, curiosity satisfied he'd leave the handling of the situation to Nala. He quickly turned around and ducked back into the lobby where was alerted to the additional presence of three other people, Odette, Nora, and Nico. Judging from the interactions they had between them he also gleaned that Jim was out as well with Odette. The grey little creature was favored by many of the human tenants, Rhodey included although their first meeting was a little jarring considering the raccoon had somehow made his way out of his parent's apartment and into his own. Which was understandably jarring when the furry friend had brushed against his leg while in his kitchen though now the two were well acquainted, once they had been properly introduced of course.

Before he could properly greet Odette and her furry compadre the sound of a shocked exclaim came from nearby, followed by another unfamiliar voice. His head turned towards the noise despite it not really providing him with much more info but more so due to the human reflex and the habit he had developed as a child to 'blend in' with sighted kids. He had heard something about a few new tenants moving in, since there was already one picking a fight out on the street it was easy to make the conclusion that this other person was probably one too. Already he preferred her to the other.

"You've come at a good time."
he said humorously trying to break the ice to the new individual
"I promise that it's not always this crazy here, at least not in this fashion."
during his attempt to be friendly he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. While typically he tried to ignore any incoming notifications that arrived during social interactions on the off chance it was school related he took it out to check. He set to navigating his phone, finding that the notification in question was a text message, so probably not academic in nature but while he had his phone out he might as well find out who it was and what it was about. The speed at which he kept his phone's voiceover was usually too fast for others to understand anyways so it was okay to check around others if it was personal.

" Two messages in 'Loft Groupchat' from 'Ronnie.'"
The robotic voice began as Rhodey held his finger down on the notification to highlight it
"One minute ago, 'I’m at the police station, someone pick me up.' Forty-five seconds ago 'I will come for you if you guys leave me to die here.'"
after hearing the messages he pressed the power button to shut off the screen. It was unsurprising that the erratic Ronnie had somehow gotten herself into trouble again, though he did feel badly at her circumstances. Still he wasn't going to be the one to pick her up, between them not being close and his lack of transportation it wouldn't exactly be efficient. What would they do? Ride the bus together? Not happening. He turned back to Odette, Nico, and Nora
"You guys see this text from Ronnie?"
he asked.

♡coded by uxie♡

hana

@parkhana

Hana stood in the doorway to her old apartment, holding the old wooden door open with one hand and her laptop bag in the other. It looked like it wasn't supposed to exist, the emptiness felt wrong somehow after living there for two years. Her belongings had all been moved into her new apartment a few days ago, her now ex-neighbour letting in the movers and heading over to the new building to let them into her new apartment whilst she was back home in Seoul visiting her family for Christmas and Seollal. She'd missed them, her older brother especially who had begun working with her father at his law firm after returning home from his military service around the same time she'd graduated from design school.

Shaking her head to loosen the nostalgic thoughts from her mind, Hana pulled the apartment door closed, locking it and dropping her key in the lockbox beside the door. Was it particularly safe? No, but that was where she was told to leave it. She took a quick picture as proof the key was in there when she left, just in case. As she walked down the hall to the elevators, her mind started racing. So this was it, she was finally moving into a new place. She had to supress a smile as she entered the elevator, giving a bright smile to the tenants inside.

She'd made it.

---

The taxi ride hadn't been a fun one, what with the driver barely keeping his eyes on the road to turn back to look at her as he talked about.. well Hana was pretty sure it was basketball but she truly had no idea and had settled with smiling and nodding along to appease the man. Her gaze travelled to her phone as she checked the map on her phone, making sure he was still on track to get her to her new apartment building. Thankfully he was, in fact he was just a few blocks away from the Loft. She looked out the window, her face breaking into a smile as her mind travelled to the exciting prospect of setting up her new apartment as the seconds ticked by.

As the taxi came to a halt, Hana hurriedly paid the driver and grabbed her laptop bag, leaping from the car and staring wide-eyed up at the building, though her reverie was quickly broken by the voices of people standing around a moving van. She felt a flash of relief that she wasn't the only new tenant in the building today. She checked her phone again as the taxi pulled away, flicking through her emails and double checking her room number. 233. Got it. Flashing a smile as she passed by the group surrounding a tall, blonde woman whom she assumed was the new arrival she headed on into the lobby.

Slipping inside, she caught the end of a question posed by a young man holding a cane. Hana took a glance around the lobby, taking stock of her surroundings and to her utmost surprise clocked a racoon sitting on the shoulder of who she could only assume was the animal's owner. A smile graced her lips,
"Aren't you a little cutie!"
she declared before looking around the room to the other human inhabitants,
"Hello! My name's Hana, I'm moving in to apartment 233. It's lovely to meet you all!"
She said, giving a slight, polite bow that had become re-ingrained in her since spending so much time in her home country over the holidays, her smile growing wider as she addressed who she could only assume would be her new neighbours.

♡coded by uxie♡

/* ------ image 1 ------ */
mood | concerned and confused.

location | in the lobby of the apartment building.

/* ------ image 2 ------ */

/* ------ image 3 ------ */

mentioned | odette, jacqueline, ronnie.

interacting with | nico, rhodey, hana.

tags | odette's author nova.the.alien nova.the.alien , nico's author Qwertycakes Qwertycakes , jacqueline's author GirlOnMarz GirlOnMarz , ronnie's author meirenju meirenju , rhodey's author thatonegirl28 thatonegirl28 , & hana's author sakura_ sakura_ .

elenora davis.

/* ------ main textbox ------ */
odette's fuzzied-face bestfriend jimothy was understandably fauned over by nora. it wasn't always that she had the courage to stand so close by a domesticated animal she usually never saw as a pet, but something about him didn't scream dangerous. in fact, odette's comfortable stance with jim on her further convinced the ebony woman that there was no harm to worry about. she found him intriguing, and even adorable.

'you're a cute little guy, aren't you?' nora's smile revealed as it softened up some more. at this rate, getting fired today was coming close to being the last thing on her mind at the moment.

then suddenly, a pair of arms belonging to an unknown body wrapped around her waist. and it wasn't until a singular pair of lips pressed against her forehead made her realize who they belonged to. nico tiwari, her concious had reminded her as she instinctively sunk into his embrace. now, she was more at peace then ever. he had to do very little to make her feel comfortable. the warmth of his body against her own always made her feel giddy inside, especially now since he had been a little more absent then present.

nora's euphoric feelings and thoughts that she was cooking up about the other had been slightly interrupted by another individual. a curly mass of hair followed by a framed painting stole her attention when she realized who it was. another tenant that almost immediately earned a stamp of approval from jimothy as she complimented his looks. she nodded at jacqueline's comment towards the furry friend before she realized that another new tenant had introduced herself to the gang forming in the lobby. the complex was getting all kind of new faces today, it seemed. in actuality, there were only two, but to nora, two was a lot for one morning.

finally, she had spoke up. "'t's nice to meet you too, hana, i'm nora," she replied, flashing a more prominent smile to ensure that she was a friendly face. it was a crucial first step to nora that new tenants understood that about her. she thought of herself as a neighbor you didn't have to worry about.

a more familiar face turned the corner and made his way to the heart of the lobby where she and the other's were standing. it was none other then rhodey, who was navigating his way closer to the group with his cane. the vibrating sensation in her pocket didn't gain her attention until he mentioned text messages to them.

retrieving her black iphone from her pants, nora swiped her way to the imessage app before reading the text messages sent from ronnie. then rereading them once more before one of her eyebrows raised at what it said. a disappointed, maternal-like sigh escaped from her lips before she picked her head up to look at the others again.

"so, who's coming with to pick up ronnie?," nora immediately volunteered, throwing a glance up to nico that was towering over her still. she had hoped that, that was enough of a hint to him. she wanted him to go with her for certain. anyone else could tag along if they chose to.

© weldherwings.

Last edited:

vinny.

• mood

ready for the move

With a low grunt,
Vinny loaded up the last of his moving boxes into the U-Haul pulling shut the door. Vinny walked back into his old place wiping the sweat gathering on his brow. He grabbed his water bottle off the counter taking a swig. With a deep sigh, he took one last look at his old place. Seeing beer cans strewn all over the house, the skin overflowing with dishes, the stove top caked with grime, and pots stacked on top with bits of whatever food was burnt into them. He shook his head, not his problem anymore. He walked through the living room where one of his roommates was passed out hungover on their couch that was being propped up by some books, as an episode of Rick and Morty played on their TV. “Hey Kyle, I'm doing one last sweep of my room, and then I'm heading out.” Vinny waited for a response. “Kyle, dude?” Kyle just responded with an agonized grunt before turning over. Vinny shook his head and walked back to his room making sure he didn't leave anything behind. He was all set and knocked on his other roommate, Keith's door. “Yeah?” he said from the other side. Vinny poked his head into his room watching him playing COD for a second before speaking. “Hey I'm all set Key, I'll put my rent check on the counter before I head out.” Keith barely broke focus on his game, only turning his attention to Vinny. “Whatever dude, see ya around.” Vinny just nodded his face slightly scrunching up as closed the door. Vinny didn’t expect a big send, he knew what type of guy these were but still, he wanted, something, any recognition that’d he be leaving. At least it was reassuring him he made the right choice. Vinny walked back into the kitchen where Kyle was now standing in his underwear taking a swig from a carton of orange juice. Vinny carelessly tossed his last rent check on the counter, shooting Kyle a nod before grabbing his backpack and leaving his old home behind.

Vinny hopped in the U-Haul and turned on the truck peeling out on the road. Vinny was in desperate need of a change of pace, his living situation was a shit show quickly moving in with some friends after a breakup. He fell into destructive tendencies with them, going out, having risky hookups, and waking up hungover almost every day. They were good friends but since moving in he started to resent them more and more he routinely was the only one picking or cleaning up the house for everyone. For his last week, he fuck it, he didn't owe anything to them anymore. The main reason he stayed was that rent was pretty cheap, but the price point wasn't worth his mental health. He ended up finding a place that was in his price range, within walking distance from his job so he wouldn't have to bus in every day, and was just a better fit for him. Vinny was ecstatic about the change ready for what this new chapter would bring him, hoping it was the right one.

After about a 45-minute drive Vinny pulled up to his new pad. He parked the truck where he was told to by management, jumping out of the truck he started making his way back and forth with boxed to his new apartment. He saw some people milling about in and outside the complex, wanting to introduce himself when he had the chance, but for now, he was making apartment 459 home. After getting everything unloaded into his room he flopped down onto his mattress that casually tossed on the floor. Letting himself cool off before he headed back out to return the truck.

Vinny walked back to the lobby of his new home from dropping off the U-Haul. He sipped on the hot chocolate he picked up as he looked around the lobby. He smiled as looked at his new neighbors, already feeling much better about where he found himself.

cry for love

백현

♡coded by uxie♡

tramel.

hey...how you doin~

tramel chuckled as he watched nala continue to force money into the woman's hand. if it were him he'd just let her know that she was being irrational about some accidental damage to her items but it didn't involve him so that little imaginary scenario can get filled into the 'scenarios that never happened' folder in his mind cabinet. finishing his joint he walked back into his studio apartment discarding the rolled up ash in the bin next to the balcony door. he grabbed a pair of crocs and slipped them on before grabbing his phone, wallet and keys then headed out the door towards the lobby. he exited the elevator into the lobby seeing all of his friends standing around like they were preparing for a seance in a few minutes. one thing he loved about staying in the lofts was the fact that he made a great friendship connection, one that he could depend on and trust. vise versa as well. slipping his hands into his pockets as he made his way over a small grin on his face. he took one hand out and pinch nico in his hind knowing he would get a reaction out of him. he looked down at nora giggling while in nicos' arms at his reaction to being pinched before speaking "so when are you two going to stop fucking and just get together already? cause the sexual attraction tension is overflowing and needs to be dealt with asap." he greets rhodes by touching his shoulder just to let him know his presence then took out a piece of cheese from his other pocket before giving it to his third favorite animal in the apartment building. "everytime i see this little rascal i just want to cuddle the heck out of him" he said while scratching behind junkyard jims' ears.

he continued to greet everyone else before his eyes landed on a curly and tanned man that walked into the lobby holding a cup of coffee? tea?? hot chocolate?? he didn't care he was more fixated on him and not the cup that was going to be dumped in the trash anyway. he didn't even tell his brain to move his legs and yet he was already making his way over to him. his eyes looked the man up and down before making contact with his eyes once more. he smiled licking his lips "haven't seen you here before...you must be new..." he extended his hand out his gaze never wavering and his smile never faltering "tramel...welcome to garfield village lofts what's your name beautiful" he was more interested in hearing what the new tenants name was he completely tuned out what nora said after she did a double-take on what was sent to her phone. "yeah we should go get her from the...wait did you just say police station??" he shook his head focusing his attention on nora. "what the fuck did ronnie do to get her ass in holding? you know what don't even attempt to answer that let's just go and get her."

cry for love

백현

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

mood "I'd be jealous of all the attention he's getting if I didn't also think he was so fucking cute"

location With everyone else.

outfit this

mentions nora, nico, rhodey, jacqueline, tramel, hana, vinny

tag minajesty minajesty logastellus logastellus thatonegirl28 thatonegirl28 dikdik dikdik Qwertycakes Qwertycakes meirenju meirenju Limeaid Limeaid sakura_ sakura_ GirlOnMarz GirlOnMarz

odette castillo

Honestly, Odette hadn't noticed that Junkyard Jim came along for the drama until Nora said hi to him- they'd grown far too used to his weight on their shoulder to ever notice at this point. They hadn't intended to bring him down, and it was a bit risky considering he wasn't exactly on the list of approved pet breeds, but Odette was- for the most part- in a room full of people they trusted and figured that satisfying their curiosity was worth the risk. What they hadn't expected, however, was him stealing the spotlight from the crazy blonde girl that was causing a ruckus.

"Heyyyyy Nora." Odette tried to be smooth with it, and although they knew it was never going to happen, they couldn't help but throw a touch of flirtation in their tone when directing their greeting to Nora. Their little crush on her might be gone (mostly) but it was not forgotten. Junkyard Jim was far more articulate as he chittered his gibberish hello in whatever language it was that racoons spoke. They couldn't help but think to themselves that perhaps Jimmy had more game than they did.

Their interaction with Nora left them distracted, so they were unaware of Nico's arrival until he showed himself and snaked an arm around Nora. A pang of jealousy that didn't belong there seemed to whack Odette in the gut, but they shoved the emotion away and found themselves grinning ear to ear at their friend. They really did adore Nico, and found his presence refreshing. They returned the fist bump eagerly. "Hey Nico! It's been too long man, Jim misses you." That much was obvious as their raccoon started squirming on their shoulder as soon as Nico acknowledged him. His excitement only grew when the head pats came, and he shoved his little head a bit too eagerly towards Nico's hand, getting a bit demanding in his desire for Nico's affection. Odette couldn't help but chuckle. "See, you've left him deprived!"

A thunk from somewhere in the lobby startled both Jim and Odette, and Jim's response was to skitter away from Odette and leap onto Nico's shoulder instead. Ugh how typical of him! Of course Nico was his favorite! Aside from Rhodey, obviously. He and Rhodey were thick as thieves. Odette flung their gaze around to find the source of the noise and discovered the painting that had hit the floor. The owner of it- at least who they assumed the owner was, stood over the painting and spoke. Odette found themselves laughing a little in response, then feeling a little bad so they approached to pick the painting up for them. "Thanks, though don't say it too loud. He's got a big ego and I'm scared he's gonna like. Turn into a supervillain about it or something." They held the painting out the the person- a person they had never seen around before. "I'm Odette, and that's Junkyard Jim, though you can really call him anything. You wanna meet him?"

They strode back to Nico and detached their dramatic damsel-in-distress raccoon to return him to his perch on their shoulders. The arrival of another new face kept them from hearing Rhodey's question about Ronnie, and they felt their phone buzz but felt as if they could ignore it for now. Besides, Jim was garnering some new attention and if they weren't careful, it might end up being the wrong kind. The new face said hello to Jim first, only inflating his ego a little more, Odette thought to themselves for a moment, then they introduced themselves as Hana. Jim, now entirely too excited, took that as his cue to skitter across the ground, run a lap around the feet of Jacqueline, and then scamper up towards Hana and start chattering to her. Odette laughed again. "I'm sorry about him, he's got more of a weakness for pretty girls than I do, apparently," They ruffled their hair awkwardly then approached Jim and scooped him up. "I'm Odette by the way. Look like you're both new around here." They gestured over towards Jacqueline.

It was then they heard the tail end of Mel's comment. "I'm sorry? Police station--" It seemed as if Mel and Nora already had it covered- despite Mel seeming quite interested in the fourth new face they'd seen that day. Odette wasn't surprised, the complex was known to have special rent promotions, but they felt as if they'd never seen the lobby so full.

© weldherwings.

Last edited:

scroll

The Guy With the Money

Nalani

mood

leaking embarrassment

outfit

black jeans with a white & red top & don't forget the rainbow Chacos

outside, inside

interactions

mentions ronnie. interacts with minnie [rip], lobby-present folks

Within moments, what Nala thought would be an isolated interaction with this bombshell of an asshole had attracted the attention of just about everyone he lived with. What’re the actual odds. And a seeping embarrassment leaked into his body as he realized he was in the center of Mel’s judgment and giggles, with an affectionate smack on the shoulder from Nico becoming the cherry on top of this awkward fucking sundae.

The woman seethed at him, refusing his money with not a single word said. All she needed to do was stare a thousand daggers into his occipital lobe. Noticing in a tempest of panic that the money would take some convincing to fit back into his overstuffed wallet, he simply tucked it into one of his pockets, noticing without care that there were worn creases-becoming-holes where he’d stuffed one too many things into it. Not caring to pick another pocket, he stared back at the woman, stuffing his wallet into his back pocket before turning around.

Upon opting to leave the intensity, he noticed at least two more new faces arriving in various states of togetherness and liveliness, both seeming to avoid the scene outside. He was entirely too sober for this eventful of a day.

Nala meandered back towards the lobby door, deciding it was time to hit the bong before most likely taxiing back to the bar. Besides, his laundry should be done by the time he was finishing up, meaning one less rushed trip home to carry it all upstairs. Smiling in idiocy, he noticed Jimmy wriggling in Odette’s arms. When had those two arrived? Regardless, the mutterings around the lobby had finally all absorbed.

Including a muttering about Ronnie landing in a Piggly Wiggly holding cell. That must’ve been the reason his phone went off.

Nala didn’t want to miss any more time at the bar, or leave this place without having hit that bong, but Nalani Emery fucking hated the cops, he’d tell you. He hated the cops more than he loved cocaine after a mint-infused gin and tonic, and that was a hell of a lot.

Blurting into the conversation, he offered, “I most likely can post her bail. Depending on what they’ve got her for.”

♡coded by uxie♡

Rhodey

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

Thin Lizzy

the boys are back in town

Before he received an answer to his question there was the presence of another voice, thankfully the owner of said voice identified herself as Hana which helped him begin to assemble a mental profile to match the new person. Ideally when meeting a new person they would repeat their name and where he usually saw them at if he happened to interact with them outside of it, like a classmate reminding him that they shared a desk in chemistry class when they met again later in the lunch room, until the aforementioned mental profile was solidified. Though unfortunately it could be like pulling teeth to get people to actually do that, but this was good start. He was suddenly very aware of the number of new people around him as well as the fact that he had yet to introduce himself.

"Likewise,"
He said giving a nod in the direction of her voice, he gestured towards himself with the hand that was not holding his cane but instead still gripped his phone
"Jameson, but everyone calls me Rhodey."
he gave her a slight smile, hoping to be welcoming, though as he shifted towards Nora it faded from his visage. The subject of who was going to go save Ronnie from herself and pick her up, despite their lack of connection he still might be willing to tag along if the right group of people was involved. Another aspect of the situation popped into his mind a moment later.

"Who's posting her bail?"
he asked, tucking his phone into the back pocket of his pants. As he did so there was a sound of footsteps approaching that he was acutely aware of as they neared, unlike Hana there was no introduction that followed but judging by the proximity of the sound followed by the ceasing of the noise, the odds were good that someone had just approached the group. Being that it seemed there was a number of new tenants it would make sense for the newcomer to be one as well. He almost laughed a little at the scenario, moving into your new apartment while the existing tenants discussed the fact that another one of them was seemingly in trouble with the law. In that moment he was pretty grateful that that didn't happen to him when he moved in himself. Suppose it was an accurate way to be introduced to the lives who inhabited the Garfield Lofts, no need to censor themselves in front of a new neighbor who would soon find out about the constant action anyways.

Though the actual presence of another individual had yet to be confirmed since they hadn't said anything. He was hoping that one of his sighted friends would confirm the question for him soon enough. The unknowing whether or not someone was beside him in the current or any situation was always an unnerving aspect of his life, hence his reliance on his attuned remaining senses. There was a reason his parents spent all that money on the orientation and mobility lessons that he was enrolled in for more than fifteen years. The thought reminded him that he probably ought to contact his instructor again since it had been a while since he'd had a lesson, probably back within the first few weeks of his living in Charlotte, and it's always good to brush up on those life saving skills for visually impaired individuals like himself.

He was alerted to Tramel's presence as he gave a brief touch to his shoulder like he usually did to let him know he was around. That was typically the indication that someone he was friends with was near as he hated being touched by strangers and scarcely let it happen. His presence also confirmed for him that there was in fact another person nearby as he immediately took to flirting as indicated by the tone in his voice, one that Rhodey recognized pretty well as Mel's 'putting the moves on' voice.

Nala's voice answered his question from earlier, as well as a secondary question that he hadn't realized he had of 'was Nala still talking to that crazy woman outside?' with a resounding 'no.' Rhodey shifted slightly on his feet, the matter of bail money now more or less sorted
"Yeah, Ronnie just texted that she's in jail."
he said, filling in Odette and Tramel
"No clue what for, she didn't say but knowing her it could be any number of things."
he wasn't exactly being subtle about how the woman tended to rub him the wrong way.

♡coded by uxie♡

• Situation Arriving home around 6:15 PM
    Location Apartment Complex, outside of his apartment
    Mood Content and exhausted
    Interaction(s) [OPEN to anyone] Currently no interactions
    Mention(s) Currently None

63ef1ca68c057e1ca84095aac294d52c.jpg

Archer was getting home from a sixteen-hour shift from the hospital — some days were more brutal than others — today was one of those days. Brutal. The hospital switched his location from being a general surgeon to working in the ER on a weekday. This wasn't usual and the ER did need a lot of help, but he went through a lot with a single patient today. Someone was rushed to the ER, sometime this morning — God when did I wake up? A piercing headache started to pinch his brain while his cell phone began to ring at the same time. Grabbing the phone, he went to hang up.

Baby Sis Anna

His little sister was calling and he let it ring for a second or two more before answering, “Hey, are you alright? You usually don’t call me around this time of day.” Archer watched patterns when it came to people, especially the people he cared about. It was somewhat nerve-wracking that his sister was calling at this time of day.

OH? Mitten had kittens? That’s great,” Archer tucked the phone in between his head and shoulder while slinging his nicely made leather bag over the other shoulder while closing his car door. “Only three and none of them look like her? I’m sorry. I know you love that she is a calico.” Taking his keys that were on an orange lanyard with black words that said Doctor Graham on it. ENT-ENT!

“How are you and Ari doing?” Archer was adjusting himself and the bag while walking to the front door of the apartment complex he lived in. Taking the stairs, like usual. “I’m glad to hear —” he was cut off by his younger sister. “Yeah, that’s fine. You can go, I understand. It was nice talking —” cut off again. He sighed, “I love you. Talk to you later…” That’s when he heard the beeping sound and slid his phone back into his pocket as he climbed the stairs.

Getting to his spot to step out of the stairs, he entered the hallway and went towards his apartment. Switching to the key of his apartment complex and sticking the key into the knob. He stopped. Staring down at the door and he doesn’t know how long he was staring but he got lost in thought. Archer couldn’t go in and just slump on his bed, since he hasn’t gotten to that part of moving in yet — YET!? Archer, it has been almost three months since you moved in… What are you doing with your life? You haven’t setup up your bed yet and others are moving in? You might not have looked and watched them, but you noticed them. You should have said hi or may be asked if they need a hand… Maybe you should — That’s when the slight click of the lock being unlocked took him out of his thoughts and he creaked the door open. Stepping into the apartment and flicking on the lights. Boxes everywhere. The majority were not even untapped or opened up. The room had somewhat of a cold feeling to it. Archer almost didn’t want to enter as the goosebumps of loneliness and void covered his body before closing the door behind him. A somewhat sadder sigh left his lips while he closed his eyes for a second. “
    You need to actually unpack all of this…” he was talking to himself again. A habit – bad or good – that he constantly allowed himself to do. Sometimes people would look at him like he was crazy because of it.

Archer set his bag down by the front door and walked into the apartment towards the boxes and began to get to work. He needed to actually unpack and move in. It wasn’t like he was going anywhere anytime soon. After about thirty minutes, he got four boxes unpacked and organized. Breaking them down, Archer grabbed the broken down boxes and left his apartment to take the boxes down to the recycling.

He was still in his scrubs and his white coat, both were a bit dirty and had blood stains from today. He probably should have changed. By the recycling and dumpsters, he glanced down at himself and realized that he didn't change out of his work attire. "
    People are going to think you are crazier than what they believe..." He chuckled at himself while rubbing his temple with one hand, gently, since his headache was going in and out. Maybe it was the lack of sleep that he got or the fact that he hasn't eaten that much today.

Jacqueline Quinn
@JackieQuinn
The Loft Lobby
Mildly Amused
interactions

Everyone in the lobby.

"I promise that it's not always this crazy here, at least not in this fashion."

Despite always seeing videos on TikTok and Instagram about people having “domesticated” raccoons living in their homes as pets, Jackie never in a million years would’ve thought that she’d come across one in real life. But there he was: “Junkyard Jim” in all his glory. And although she had absolutely no desire to physically interact with the small creature just yet, she had to admit that he was a lot more adorable than she would’ve imagined.

After gently placing her duffel bags on the floor, Jackie offered Odette a grateful smile and nod as she took the painting into her hands and tucked it back under her arm. “Thanks Odette. I’m Jacqueline, but everyone usually just calls me Jackie…” She said, raising her voice slightly so that the rest of the tenants could hear. “It’s nice to meet everyone. Especially you, Jim.”

Just as she was about to agree to officially meet Jim the raccoon, the sound of a message playing from the blind man’s cell phone caught her attention instead. "Two messages in Loft Group Chat…" the robotic voice began, and Jackie silently reminded herself to unmute the new chat as she listened to someone named Ronnie shamelessly ask everyone for a ride from the police station.

Soon, even more faces began to appear in the lobby. And after the girl who’d introduced herself earlier as Nora instantly volunteered to go pick up Ronnie, Jackie couldn’t help but smile a bit at how close-knit this bunch seemed to be. Her smile turned into a quizzical grin, however, once the oddly familiar looking man from earlier offered to pay Ronnie’s bail.

“Okayyy big money,” Jackie said jokingly as she reached down to pick up her things once more. “First the girl outside, and now you out here tryna post someone’s bail? Where do you work at? Aaand are they hiring?” Of course, Jackie was only joking… sort of. But part of her did wonder what the man did for a living that made it so easy for him to give away his money.

“Either way, though… I don’t think y'all's friend will need anyone to post bail,” Jackie found herself explaining. Thanks to her wild past, the young woman knew all about spending the night in a holding cell for being too intoxicated in public. “They take your phone when you’re in holding, so since she now has hers… chances are she was just in the drunk tank for the night. Nothing too serious.”

Shortly after that, Jackie found herself inching towards the elevator, desperate to put down her heavy bags and get the rest of her belongings inside of her new apartment.

"Anyway... I'm gonna go ahead and haul this shit up to my apartment before my arms finally give out. See you guys later?"

And then she was gone.
coded by natasha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back